Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,237 members, 7,829,432 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission (38112 Views)

Is This The Highest Score In The Ongoing 2017 JAMB? / IbrahimShamwily: Highest JAMB Score In 2016 (photo) / 5 Reasons Most Students Are Not Offered Admission Despite High Post-utme Score (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by yousouph07(m): 5:02pm On Nov 17, 2015
bastien:
is there any school still selling pre degree form?
FUNAAB
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by Dubemkelly(m): 6:21pm On Nov 17, 2015
bastien:
nice one boss, but I think she fall inside the catchment thing, I will ask sha
1) Did she go to the school and see the cut offs ?
2)Did she beat the cut off and didn't see her name on the list?
3) Before she starts feeling cool with her scores she needs to be sure if she's actually got the merit list for example back then when I was a jambite, my score was excellent but it happened I was cut off by 2.5points, I qualified for admission but didn't meet up with my proposed course cut off and if I had gone for some other courses, I would have got the admission
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by justmenoni: 6:37pm On Nov 17, 2015
grin
bastien:
lol, u no well o, weitin concern me with school, who school help?
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by Freeman50(m): 6:38pm On Nov 17, 2015
We are in Nigeria where anything can happen. Don't give up my dear, give it another trial.
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by Maximus85(m): 6:43pm On Nov 17, 2015
bastien:
A good friend of mine will be spending another year at home because of federal university otuoke (fuotuoke). She scored 238 in jamb and 307 in pume yet they didn't consider her for admission, some one that scored 182 in jamb and 172 in pume was given admission on merit list..... Abi to score high na crime again?

Is there any way she can sue the school? Or any ministry responsible for such case?

She is dying, heart broken..... She needs your help guys.

Thanks

That's naija for you. No be by wetin you know, na by who you know.
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by LibrarianD: 7:08pm On Nov 17, 2015
You should give details of the faculty and department of interest so as to get the necessary information. Cos certain state uni in sw is still selling putme
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by Nobody: 7:34pm On Nov 17, 2015
That's the curse one Nigeria placed on her.
bastien:
A good friend of mine will be spending another year at home because of federal university otuoke (fuotuoke). She scored 238 in jamb and 307 in pume yet they didn't consider her for admission, some one that scored 182 in jamb and 172 in pume was given admission on merit list..... Abi to score high na crime again?

Is there any way she can sue the school? Or any ministry responsible for such case?

Thanks
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by deramarks(f): 7:34pm On Nov 17, 2015
jhidey08:
what did u say ur score was again? Ur definition of "high score" might b different. Are u being sincere here?
I won't lie about some tin dat is important more over I don't know u I won't lie to u cuz u won't kill me for d truth I scored 221 in jamb 68 in post jamb applied for law law's cut off is 74 ma aggregate is 62 ma fwend's aggregate is 70 pple dat score 56 52 applied for law were given anoda course because they didn't reach cut off but we yea we didn't reach cut off but we passed their admission cut off which is 50 we didn't pay any body dere so we were thrown away we weren't even give linguinstics or pol sci as we passed their cut off itz easy we didn't have someone to stand for us my dear NIGERIA is corruption no mata ma hatred and regret for wha happened I can't change corruption even pple wit 49(they didn't reach admission cut off of uniben) were admitted u re tellin me I aint merit d admission I really don't want to hear from u again have a nice day mr defender
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by Nobody: 7:41pm On Nov 17, 2015
The answer is this:some states are considered as ELDA (educationally less developed areas),eg the Northern states.They are given preference in federal universities even if they scored 20,so that they could catch up with their peers.Shame on Nigeria!
philiancoop:
Many things need to be considered in answering this question. 1. How is her waec result?
2. Does her combination Match the requirements for her course?
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by Kayzybaba(m): 7:49pm On Nov 17, 2015
bastien:
is there any school still selling pre degree form?
There is an ongoing post utme registeration going on at Ondo State University Of Science and Technology , Okitipupa ondo state
she can still apply for this one.
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by wheezyoung(m): 8:23pm On Nov 17, 2015
Madmathecian:

Federal University of technology, Minna. But it's IJMB form.
any other school?
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by Aarenasbaba(m): 8:24pm On Nov 17, 2015
Maybe her name was filled with capital letter when she was filling d form
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by Kunlexic(m): 8:31pm On Nov 17, 2015
bastien:

Thanks
fed uni otuoke Go and ask oga Jonathan
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by onyeka205(m): 8:50pm On Nov 17, 2015
Let her find the average of her scores, find out the scores made by those that are from the same local government that applied in the same department, if any of them had lower score but was admitted on merit, then she has a case. Her exclusion from the admission list may have been an omission. She can approach the admission office or better still, see the VC with her proof. She will definitely be considered for admission during the supplementary admission exercise if she can prove her case.
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by jhidey08(m): 8:51pm On Nov 17, 2015
deramarks:
I won't lie about some tin dat is important more over I don't know u I won't lie to u cuz u won't kill me for d truth I scored 221 in jamb 68 in post jamb applied for law law's cut off is 74 ma aggregate is 62 ma fwend's aggregate is 70 pple dat score 56 52 applied for law were given anoda course because they didn't reach cut off but we yea we didn't reach cut off but we passed their admission cut off which is 50 we didn't pay any body dere so we were thrown away we weren't even give linguinstics or pol sci as we passed their cut off itz easy we didn't have someone to stand for us my dear NIGERIA is corruption no mata ma hatred and regret for wha happened I can't change corruption even pple wit 49(they didn't reach admission cut off of uniben) were admitted u re tellin me I aint merit d admission I really don't want to hear from u again have a nice day mr defender
I love d fact dat u didn't lie about ur score. All I want u 2 know is dat there are many things they consider before giving pple admission. With ur score, u don't av any moral right to castigate the school for nt offering u admission. Pass ur JAMB well and perform excellently well in ur PUTME and c if dey ll nt offer u admission. I don't expect u 2 reply dis message but in case u wish to, please try and employ d use of punctuation marks.... lots of love wink
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by xtervaganza(m): 9:00pm On Nov 17, 2015
What do you expect from otuoke university if not corruption

The same Jonathan otuoke
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by Elxandre(m): 9:04pm On Nov 17, 2015
Aarenasbaba:
Maybe her name was filled with capital letter when she was filling d form
Pls explain this.

1 Like

Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by Elxandre(m): 9:06pm On Nov 17, 2015
Kayzybaba:

There is an ongoing post utme registeration going on at Ondo State University Of Science and Technology , Okitipupa ondo state
she can still apply for this one.
When is this closing.
Their website is vague.
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by Nobody: 9:39pm On Nov 17, 2015
bastien:

Thanks

Tell ur friend to take a chill pill jhor...am been there nothing is worth dying for. Not Nigerian education or anything..not proud of it tho but do u knw how long have been trying jamb?...sometimes a 2marks away from cut, sometimes I hit and no admission because of one tin or the other...yet am still trying my best because I want to make sth out of my life??...it's not over until it is over...we will all go to school and get out wat do u think is out there for us, u have to look beyond going to school and try developing herself... sleep dey my eyes goodnyt
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by kayode2425: 9:56pm On Nov 17, 2015
She probably didnt meet the cut off mark..everything isnt money a normal federal school will give you the admission if u meet up with all dia requirements
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by deramarks(f): 9:56pm On Nov 17, 2015
jhidey08:
I love d fact dat u didn't lie about ur score. All I want u 2 know is dat there are many things they consider before giving pple admission. With ur score, u don't av any moral right to castigate the school for nt offering u admission. Pass ur JAMB well and perform excellently well in ur PUTME and c if dey ll nt offer u admission. I don't expect u 2 reply dis message but in case u wish to, please try and employ d use of punctuation marks.... lots of love wink
u sound more like an annoying person,,, I wonder if u eva have feelings talk more on knowing how other people feel I loathe pple like u I really do
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by Madmathecian(m): 10:04pm On Nov 17, 2015
wheezyoung:
any other school?

Yeap, there are still schools with these pre-degree and IJMB forms on sale.
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by philiancoop(m): 10:20pm On Nov 17, 2015
bastien:
her waec is OK, and the combination is superb
by combination i mean subject combination. For example someone wants to study computer science and chooses Eng., Bio., Phy., and Chem.
For such people... No admission to their chosen course.
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by jhidey08(m): 10:33pm On Nov 17, 2015
deramarks:
u sound more like an annoying person,,, I wonder if u eva have feelings talk more on knowing how other people feel I loathe pple like u I really do
I'm sincerely sorry if I've hurt ur feelings in any way, I didn't mean to. I feel very bad whenever people say dey dislike me, u're aving a very wrong notion about me. Let's settle dis out of court sad
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by jhidey08(m): 10:39pm On Nov 17, 2015
zaragal:

Tell ur friend to take a chill pill jhor...am been there nothing is worth dying for. Not Nigerian education or anything..not proud of it tho but do u knw how long have been trying jamb?...sometimes a 2marks away from cut, sometimes I hit and no admission because of one tin or the other...yet am still trying my best because I want to make sth out of my life??...it's not over until it is over...we will all go to school and get out wat do u think is out there for us, u have to look beyond going to school and try developing herself... sleep dey my eyes goodnyt
who ask u? Jst make sure sey u no bedwet o
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by calebians1(m): 10:54pm On Nov 17, 2015
unilorin and I think lautech
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by Kayzybaba(m): 11:38pm On Nov 17, 2015
[quote author=Elxandre post=40130387]
When is this closing.
Their website is vague.[/quote
website is osustech.edu.ng.
This is their supplementary putme
check the website for details
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by Ordinary9jaGuy(m): 1:43am On Nov 18, 2015
bastien:

Thanks

Tell her to sit and apply for university scholarship thru online examination and she might end up going to d university for free in d US. This is 100% authentic
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by tzoracle: 2:19am On Nov 18, 2015
I laff in swahilli

Unizik never do you something
My result was better than hers yet
Till today its admission in progress check back soon
Thank God for other opportunities granted
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by Nobody: 3:26am On Nov 18, 2015
jhidey08:
who ask u? Jst make sure sey u no bedwet o

angry
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by Nobody: 3:27am On Nov 18, 2015
Ordinary9jaGuy:

Tell her to sit and apply for university scholarship thru online examination and she might end up going to d university for free in d US. This is 100% authentic

Put can u give us details and websites of this US examination
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by Nobody: 3:27am On Nov 18, 2015
Ordinary9jaGuy:

Please can u give us details and websites of this US examination

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

10 Silly Habits Of Most Nigerians When They Become Graduates / Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? / Difference Between "Did You Know" And "Do you know"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.