Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,267 members, 7,829,552 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission (38116 Views)

Is This The Highest Score In The Ongoing 2017 JAMB? / IbrahimShamwily: Highest JAMB Score In 2016 (photo) / 5 Reasons Most Students Are Not Offered Admission Despite High Post-utme Score (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by MedicalSamwise(m): 2:27pm On Nov 17, 2015
bastien:
is there any school still selling pre degree form?
LAUTECH
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by jhidey08(m): 2:31pm On Nov 17, 2015
bastien:
lol I can't answer those questions ooh.... All I know is that she scored high
wink den u shouldn't castigate d sch, others might av scored higher.

U can't obviously tell her d truth, jst tell her wot she wants to hear, and dat is "dey cheated u, u should av gotten admission". My regards 2 her sha.

1 Like

Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by deramarks(f): 2:31pm On Nov 17, 2015
jhidey08:
are u telling me dat if u didn't sit for jamb at all as long as u av money u'll enta any federal university?
ur mind is exaggerated because of ur aim to make a point u kno well dat wha m sayin is a plain truth. Wit no outstretched statement

1 Like

Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by efemena22(m): 2:33pm On Nov 17, 2015
bastien:
A good friend of mine will be spending another year at home because of federal university otuoke (fuotuoke). She scored 238 in jamb and 307 in pume yet they didn't consider her for admission, some one that scored 182 in jamb and 172 in pume was given admission on merit list..... Abi to score high na crime again?

Is there any way she can sue the school? Or any ministry responsible for such case?

She is dying, heart broken..... She needs your help guys.

Thanks
make she take heart... sometime ago, a friend of mine scored 386 in UNN(Nsukka) but he was not offered admission, my guy, you needed to have seen the list. Some guys scored 400. That my friend is in Delta State University, Abraka right now. Your own friend time go come soon, make she just chill...

1 Like

Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by jhidey08(m): 2:34pm On Nov 17, 2015
deramarks:
ur mind is exaggerated because of ur aim to make a point u kno well dat wha m sayin is a plain truth. Wit no outstretched statement
u know well dat u're trying to console her as well as urself by dat statement. Seriously if u merit d admission dey ll giv u. Don't u know it increases d image of d sch 2 produce intelligent students? Y do u think d likes of ABU, OAU, UI, UNIBEN are rated d best schools in Nigeria, because of d kinda brain boxes dey've produced. No sch would c an intelligent result and nt admit d person.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by bastien: 2:35pm On Nov 17, 2015
jhidey08:
wink den u shouldn't castigate d sch, others might av scored higher.

U can't obviously tell her d truth, jst tell her wot she wants to hear, and dat is "dey cheated u, u should av gotten admission". My regards 2 her sha.
exactly...... Badt guy
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by bastien: 2:36pm On Nov 17, 2015
efemena22:
make she take heart... sometime ago, a friend of mine scored 386 in UNN(Nsukka) but he was not offered admission, my guy, you needed to have seen the list. Some guys scored 400. That my friend is in Delta State University, Abraka right now. Your own friend time go come soon, make she just chill...
na wa oh God dey
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by jhidey08(m): 2:37pm On Nov 17, 2015
bastien:
exactly...... Badt guy
na u Badt pass cheesy

1 Like

Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by obinoral1179(m): 2:42pm On Nov 17, 2015
bastien:
thanks, they just St released the third list and her name wasn't there.... I think no matter the catchment center rule, as a federal university, their main aim should be producing 1st class and intelligent students..... Na those olodo them wan carry go international tour and conference ? Smh that's why Nigeria are doing fine outside.
and its same reason your friend will may not be admitted.

Myopic thinking....

You need change in your life.
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by DOCTORPRESH: 2:43pm On Nov 17, 2015
Okay my own be say ... I applied 4 medicine in DELSU, I beat the stated benchmark (not by much though), I'm a Deltan but no admission yet ...although they say they'll be another batch, dont know how true.. These things happen everyday in naija....
I hope they release ''my batch'' pretty soon sha
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by khalebzy(m): 2:44pm On Nov 17, 2015
drseunzy:
This can't be true, No federal university won't give someone with such score admission, only if, the subject combination does not match with the course. If not, write a letter to the federal ministry of education or sue them.
But how will the letter get to them? undecided undecided
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by bastien: 2:46pm On Nov 17, 2015
obinoral1179:
and its same reason your friend will may not be admitted.

Myopic thinking....

You need change in your life.
grin
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by DOCTORPRESH: 2:47pm On Nov 17, 2015
jhidey08:
u know well dat u're trying to console her as well as urself by dat statement. Seriously if u merit d admission dey ll giv u. Don't u know it increases d image of d sch 2 produce intelligent students? Y do u think d likes of ABU, OAU, UI, UNIBEN are rated d best schools in Nigeria, because of d kinda brain boxes dey've produced. No sch would c an intelligent result and nt admit d person.
YOU LIE..

1 Like

Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by Lincoln275(m): 2:48pm On Nov 17, 2015
ise aye ni
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by jhidey08(m): 2:53pm On Nov 17, 2015
DOCTORPRESH:
YOU LIE..
OK
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by Bowaley17(m): 3:00pm On Nov 17, 2015
Same thing is happening to me. Na Kwarapoly o. Accountancy aspirants who scored low marks had been admitted,while we are still waiting. I jus can't stop crying.
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by Juxtified(m): 3:01pm On Nov 17, 2015
d33types:

It's not always like that bro..
Assuming one put in for medicine and scored 245 and pume 58% ..another who scored 200 and 55% but put in for history then it's obvious the person going for medicine will not get any admission. Don't expect school to find a lower scored course for you.

These days where admission applicants are much,better go for the lower score courses except you're good enough..It's an all or none situation here

Let the op tell us what her friend put in for and what she did with her studying time
Yeah, that's another way to look at it. Depends on how competitive the course in question is. Bottomline is, OP should do his research very well and find out all the factors involved in the admission rejection, before deciding on next line of action...
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by onelife97: 3:03pm On Nov 17, 2015
Juxtified:

She can sue if she can actually prove your allegation that someone else who got much lower scores (182 in JAMB & 172 in PUME) was given admission on merit list while she wasn't.
Also she should also take note if the school is using some form of quota system e.g. indigenes tend to get higher considerations than non indigenes, so the person who seemingly got lower scores but is an indigene may actually deserve admission ahead of the non indigene...

Quota?for federal uni?
If na true Nigeria is finished.
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by Nobody: 3:12pm On Nov 17, 2015
bastien:
A good friend of mine will be spending another year at home because of federal university otuoke (fuotuoke). She scored 238 in jamb and 307 in pume yet they didn't consider her for admission, some one that scored 182 in jamb and 172 in pume was given admission on merit list..... Abi to score high na crime again?

Is there any way she can sue the school? Or any ministry responsible for such case?

She is dying, heart broken..... She needs your help guys.

Thanks

It has more to do with quota system.
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by ManTiger(m): 3:13pm On Nov 17, 2015
bastien:
lol, after two disappointment from well known school, what do u expect? Thanks sha
OAU always admit on merit. Talking from experience.
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by bastien: 3:29pm On Nov 17, 2015
chuna1985:

It has more to do with quota system.
thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by bastien: 3:30pm On Nov 17, 2015
ManTiger:

true boss

1 Like

Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by khalebzy(m): 3:31pm On Nov 17, 2015
Bowaley17:
Same thing is happening to me. Na Kwarapoly o. Accountancy aspirants who scored low marks had been admitted,while we are still waiting. I jus can't stop crying.
for kwarapoly? undecided undecided OMG
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by khalebzy(m): 3:32pm On Nov 17, 2015
ManTiger:

very correct, thats why their students are well respected academically anywhere

1 Like

Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by festusperry(m): 3:43pm On Nov 17, 2015
bastien:
is there any school still selling pre degree form?
aau is selling
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by Holyfield1(m): 3:44pm On Nov 17, 2015
Orinameh:
Brace up for the forthcoming UTME with the new updated prepa. Prepa gives u access to practice jamb questions on your smartphones, get up-to-date information about exams, interact with a growing community, talk to mentors when stocked in a particular subject. The app is sleek and intuitive. visit playstore to download prepa on your android phone and blackberry app world on your blackberry. Windows version is coming soon. Don't dull; start practicing
After downloading the app...does it requires data to run or free?
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by fateemah06: 3:48pm On Nov 17, 2015
Bowaley17:
are you an indigene...if no....wait for second batch
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by khalebzy(m): 4:01pm On Nov 17, 2015
jhidey08:
very very absolutely correctly on point!..that why OAU is tagged "School for the Academically Genius"
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by jhidey08(m): 4:13pm On Nov 17, 2015
khalebzy:
very very absolutely correctly on point!..that why OAU is tagged "School for the Academically Genius"
I dey tell u
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by deramarks(f): 4:19pm On Nov 17, 2015
jhidey08:
u talk cuz u want to I didn't merit d admission but pple dat scored low nd applied d same course were admitted nd I scored high ma bestie dat still scored higher we both weren't admitted bcoz we don't merit d admish? Really? Den u "sir" are tryina tell me dat scoring high is a crime we shud score low so dat we'll b admitted? Really? #smh tho
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by Dubemkelly(m): 4:52pm On Nov 17, 2015
You don't gain admission based on high scores, your proposed department affects your admission status... He probably didnt meet the required cut off, admission has its procedures n requirements say someone wishes to study Law and had 247 in Jamb and 302 in post utme wheras the cut off for Law is 290 wheras ur agg is 274.5 and theres someone with 207 and 234 who wishes to study Linguistics n the cut off is 200, the later student gets the admission while the student with a more promising high school doesnt get shortlisted, so it is what it is, always find out what course ur strngth can carry before making your choice. Another thing that affects cut offs is no of applicants, its competitiveness and the performance of applicants
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by jhidey08(m): 4:56pm On Nov 17, 2015
deramarks:
u talk cuz u want to I didn't merit d admission but pple dat scored low nd applied d same course were admitted nd I scored high ma bestie dat still scored higher we both weren't admitted bcoz we don't merit d admish? Really? Den u "sir" are tryina tell me dat scoring high is a crime we shud score low so dat we'll b admitted? Really? #smh tho
what did u say ur score was again? Ur definition of "high score" might b different. Are u being sincere here?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Difference Between "Did You Know" And "Do you know" / Fulani Herdsmen Invade Primary School, Classroom In Edo With Cattle (Photos) / Adenyi Theophilus Earned Two Degrees While In Prison, Now Doing His PhD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.