Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,383 members, 7,829,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission (38124 Views)

Is This The Highest Score In The Ongoing 2017 JAMB? / IbrahimShamwily: Highest JAMB Score In 2016 (photo) / 5 Reasons Most Students Are Not Offered Admission Despite High Post-utme Score (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by iwriterng(m): 1:15pm On Nov 17, 2015
Nigerians and 'sorting' mentality.

FYI, About 99% of Harvard applicants are qualified for the admission, how ever only a small fraction of them is admitted. (They can put you on queue, provided you insist).

What you should know is that, getting admitted goes way beyond test grades. They might be practising quota system, or preferential treatment for natives.

1 Like

Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by cassyrooy(m): 1:23pm On Nov 17, 2015
kozmokaz:
d school don rape her admission !!!
In 2012 i wrote IMSU post UTME, when results were released na there my own super stories start, my uncle who was a lecturer traced(for im mind o) grin my result but for wia, the gals wey been copy my answers all got 290plus while i dey dey fine result. they were not offered admissions afterwards and my result too waka like that.

The gal should put UI next, she will be admitted, but she gats up her hardwork by 250percent cool cool cool
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by charleschazzyna(m): 1:24pm On Nov 17, 2015
Anyways, i am not surprised because IM is the order of the day in Nigeria. But my friend, do not worry, it is well. Or you are gonna kill yourself because of it? Of course, you will not.
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by Nobody: 1:30pm On Nov 17, 2015
corruption.

1 Like

Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by Halb: 1:36pm On Nov 17, 2015
Education in Nigeria is no longer a right but a privilege.MAY God help us o.
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by bastien: 1:40pm On Nov 17, 2015
deucelaw:
Merit list is always a merit list anywhere..If there is a clear merit cut off score and your friend meets the cut off, then she should go to the department to find out why she is not listed. Am sure they would do the needful...But if she does not qualify on merit, the supplementary list is usually based on catchment and who you know.

She should ensure she has exploited all her options before loosing hope.

thanks
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by Kamlex(m): 1:43pm On Nov 17, 2015
[quote author=bastien post=40087956]A good friend of mine will be spending another year at home because of federal university otuoke (fuotuoke). She scored 238 in jamb and 307 in pume yet they didn't consider her for admission, some one that scored 182 in jamb and 172 in pume was given admission on merit list..... Abi to score high na crime again?

Is there any way she can sue the school? Or any ministry responsible for such case?

tell her to get kogi state university pre degree form, the form is 5500 naira only, skul fee is 40k for indigen while 60k for non indigen, the form close nov 23. U can call me for more info, 08068500544
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by bastien: 1:44pm On Nov 17, 2015
d33types:

It's not always like that bro..
Assuming one put in for medicine and scored 245 and pume 58% ..another who scored 200 and 55% but put in for history then it's obvious the person going for medicine will not get any admission. Don't expect school to find a lower scored course for you.

These days where admission applicants are much,better go for the lower score courses except you're good enough..It's an all or none situation here

Let the op tell us what her friend put in for and what she did with her studying time
thanks, she put in history and international studies, I don't think such course need 400/400
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by bastien: 1:46pm On Nov 17, 2015
VanjoshIII:
take her to a CAC church or mountain of fire...na prayer he need
she not he, lol u no well sha
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by Clementh2o(m): 1:47pm On Nov 17, 2015
bastien:
is there any school still selling pre degree form?

Yes, Adekunle Ajasin University, AAUA
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by Nobody: 1:50pm On Nov 17, 2015
Could this be due to other factors such as the number of applicants and the course she applied for?

I scored 241 in Jamb in 2004 and was not given admission into the university.
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by bastien: 1:50pm On Nov 17, 2015
deucelaw:
Merit list is always a merit list anywhere..If there is a clear merit cut off score and your friend meets the cut off, then she should go to the department to find out why she is not listed. Am sure they would do the needful...But if she does not qualify on merit, the supplementary list is usually based on catchment and who you know.

She should ensure she has exploited all her options before loosing hope.

best advise have read so far... . Thanks
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by bastien: 1:51pm On Nov 17, 2015
swaggprofessor:
Is her O'levels complete if yes then she has a case but if not she shud go complete it
her O'levels complete na
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by bastien: 1:52pm On Nov 17, 2015
Goodboiyy:

Yep Delsu is selling.. I prefer she choose delsu.. wen she pass her core courses she will be admitted.. but I won't advice her to Fill competitive Cous like nursing and Pharmacy but other courses re okay..

If u need any help alart me I will help u out with the guildlines.. thanks
thanks buddy
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by jabojafa(m): 1:55pm On Nov 17, 2015
bastien:
yes... Unizik
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by bastien: 1:55pm On Nov 17, 2015
free2ryhme:

pls which school did she put in for

She she go with evidence and complain to the dean of faculty or HOD of that department.

if you sit in your house and wait for manna you will wait for ever ooo
good advise
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by ManTiger(m): 1:58pm On Nov 17, 2015
bastien:
A good friend of mine will be spending another year at home because of federal university otuoke (fuotuoke). She scored 238 in jamb and 307 in pume yet they didn't consider her for admission, some one that scored 182 in jamb and 172 in pume was given admission on merit list..... Abi to score high na crime again?

Is there any way she can sue the school? Or any ministry responsible for such case?

She is dying, heart broken..... She needs your help guys.

Thanks
Everything is okay with your friend until she decided to study at the bolded.

What happens to[size=20pt] OAU, UI, UNILORIN[/size]?

Serves her right.

1 Like

Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by bastien: 2:00pm On Nov 17, 2015
jhidey08:
which course did she apply? U guys don't even know how admission processes are done? On what basis do u want 2 sue d school? It's nt as if it's on their website or dey publicized it dat anyone who scores 230 and above in jamb will b given admission. She scored jst 238!! U know whether sum1 who applied d same course 4rm d same state scored higher Dan dat? U beta talk sense in2 her head. Jamb form is out again, let her obtain another one and study seriously hard and choose a university dat has her state as part of their catchment area. Good luck to her
well baba u are harsh ooh, she applied for history and international studies, I no see that kind course as competitive course ni, her jamb combination dey correct.. . Why the school remove the jamb reg number for their site when the first list show? Because people with high score check some candidate score con realise say them score pass many of them for merit list. The school na scam
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by Nobody: 2:00pm On Nov 17, 2015
I am sorry but I find it hard to believe that admission is denied despite your high score. The important question is whether or not you attained or the cut-off of your chosen course? I hope you know that there are other reasons why some people are given admission despite achieving lower marks. If it is any consolation, I will like you all to know that there is a limit to what money and power can achieve for a person with very low admission score.

2 Likes

Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by bastien: 2:04pm On Nov 17, 2015
Hurlstarling:
There are factors to be considered, which consisered has disqualified your friend from gaining admission.

Mine as a case study: In 2013, i put in for medicine and surgery in prestigious OAU. I scored what to someone aspiring for Botany will be considered a high score but to a medicine aspirant is worst than better. So i wasn't given admission with a 237 aggregate based on my course of study which honestly in a clear term will give lesser courses admission on merit. Fast forward to 2015 (because I didn't write JAMB in 2014), i put in again for the same university this time, a lesser coure which an aggregate of 247 gave me a place on the merit list when some with an aggregate 30 points higher will not be admitted for medicine and surgery with 283 as aggregate.

I think its necessary and obligatory we start seeing things as they are instead of shifting on blameless bodies who are only doing what they are meant to do.
alright thanks, but she applied for history and international studies
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by bastien: 2:05pm On Nov 17, 2015
engrkenny:

If these scores you typed here are her true scores, then am afraid her name might have been omitted, you know analog record keeping and and all. I'd advise you find a way to reach the school's registrar with copies of her Jamb and putme results, hopefully you might find genuine help, or even make your way to the vc's office. This country is for the bold o, a friend of mine was a victim of this that year, you know what he did? He found out the church the vc attends, went there one Sunday, waited for church service to end, and rushed the vc on his way out in defiance to his aides, today he has graduated, in fact that year his name came out twice in the merit list. These people are humans afterall, approach the school registry, begin from the receptionist, ask to see the registrar, you might have to pass thru series of PAs, in fact just try, don't forget to pray. Beware of scammers too. Good luck.
thanks, so many nice story and advise. God bless
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by bastien: 2:08pm On Nov 17, 2015
ManTiger:

Everything is okay with your friend until she decided to study at the bolded.

What happens to[size=20pt] OAU, UI, UNILORIN[/size]?

Serves her right.
lol, after two disappointment from well known school, what do u expect? Thanks sha
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by bastien: 2:10pm On Nov 17, 2015
bettercreature:
The OP is lying,its not done anywhere,either you know somebody or you dont know anybody in any school,first batch must be the name of people with highest score
why will I lie? What good will it bring? See if you doubt it's okay
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by bastien: 2:12pm On Nov 17, 2015
deramarks:
Me too I was not admitted afta passing uniben's post utme itz not fair they neglect d intelligent ones and dey admit d ones dat paid dem I just wish buhari will come nd fyt corruption in uniben their own is too much sha tell her to take heart av been cryin here too but doesn't solve ma problem I can't sue dem because u can't take a mad man to a madman u just have to dance to d tune of d music just let's b wise nxt time
ouch another intelligent dashing one again, naija which way na..... I'm sorry dear it's really painful
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by jhidey08(m): 2:13pm On Nov 17, 2015
bastien:
well baba u are harsh ooh, she applied for history and international studies, I no see that kind course as competitive course ni, her jamb combination dey correct.. . Why the school remove the jamb reg number for their site when the first list show? Because people with high score check some candidate score con realise say them score pass many of them for merit list. The school na scam
Bros dis isn't a matter of being harsh. U can't tell me 238 in Jamb is a merit score, 4get her 292 in PUTME, her aggregate shld b around 265 and dat in my own opinion isn't a merit score. U know what merit means?? Besides, if she really got a merit score, jamb would av given her admission b4 d sch admission list came out. Which state of origin did she apply with? How many students apply for her course? How many did dey admit? Wot is d lowest score dat was admitted in2 d department 4rm her state. If u can provide answers 2 these questions den I'll believe she was truly robbed off her admission.

1 Like

Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by Psalmwhyte(m): 2:16pm On Nov 17, 2015
bastien:
A good friend of mine will be spending another year at home because of federal university otuoke (fuotuoke). She scored 238 in jamb and 307 in pume yet they didn't consider her for admission, some one that scored 182 in jamb and 172 in pume was given admission on merit list..... Abi to score high na crime again?

She is dying, heart broken..... She needs your help guys.

Thanks

What sort of rubbish is dat?
238 in Jamb & 307 in putme?
Call me on dis 08099028938.
Let me see wat i can do
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by bastien: 2:19pm On Nov 17, 2015
justmenoni:
U're very right but is this really in the Constitution?? If not then op(I know he's d one but they love everytime dat it's their friends or relatives) can sue for huge amount and perhaps he can get some money to start his own business grin

lol, u no well o, weitin concern me with school, who school help?

1 Like

Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by jhidey08(m): 2:19pm On Nov 17, 2015
deramarks:
Me too I was not admitted afta passing uniben's post utme itz not fair they neglect d intelligent ones and dey admit d ones dat paid dem I just wish buhari will come nd fyt corruption in uniben their own is too much sha tell her to take heart av been cryin here too but doesn't solve ma problem I can't sue dem because u can't take a mad man to a madman u just have to dance to d tune of d music just let's b wise nxt time
are u telling me dat if u didn't sit for jamb at all as long as u av money u'll enta any federal university?
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by sarzwizard(m): 2:19pm On Nov 17, 2015
bastien:
yes university of calabar
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by dada01(m): 2:23pm On Nov 17, 2015
bastien:

ksu pre ddgree still on and admission sure as long as she pases her jamb and d pre degree exams
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by bastien: 2:25pm On Nov 17, 2015
jhidey08:
Bros dis isn't a matter of being harsh. U can't tell me 238 in Jamb is a merit score, 4get her 292 in PUTME, her aggregate shld b around 265 and dat in my own opinion isn't a merit score. U know what merit means?? Besides, if she really got a merit score, jamb would av given her admission b4 d sch admission list came out. Which state of origin did she apply with? How many students apply for her course? How many did dey admit? Wot is d lowest score dat was admitted in2 d department 4rm her state. If u can provide answers 2 these questions den I'll believe she was truly robbed off her admission.
lol I can't answer those questions ooh.... All I know is that she scored high
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by DOCTORPRESH: 2:27pm On Nov 17, 2015
DELSU

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Invade Primary School, Classroom In Edo With Cattle (Photos) / Adenyi Theophilus Earned Two Degrees While In Prison, Now Doing His PhD / Babcock’s Best Graduating Student Has Never Kissed A Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.