Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,573 members, 7,958,779 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 11:46 PM

Can You Parent Another Person's Child? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Parent Another Person's Child? (7471 Views)

Poll: Men and women, can you do this?

Yes: 86% (43 votes)
No: 14% (7 votes)
This poll has ended

Can A Person With The Genotype AS Marry Another Person With The Same Genotype? / Can You Allow Your Child To Live With Another Person? / Which Time Is Best To Start to have intimacy With Another Person (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Parent Another Person's Child? by na2day2(m): 1:39am On May 22, 2009
FL Gators:

Why? What's wrong with your sperm?

mine is working fine, i just dont want my child to have ur gens  tongue tongue tongue
Re: Can You Parent Another Person's Child? by Nobody: 1:56am On May 22, 2009
na2day?:

mine is working fine, i just dont want my child to have ur gens tongue tongue tongue
Don't I have to be your wife first b4 there's any prospect of producing a child for you?

No worry, i no fit change vows with you anywayz tongue tongue
Re: Can You Parent Another Person's Child? by na2day2(m): 4:02am On May 22, 2009
FL Gators:

Don't I have to be your wife first b4 there's any prospect of producing a child for you?

No worry, i no fit change vows with you anywayz tongue tongue

that was not wat u told me on the island, u say u no need wedding or the ring, all u want is lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Can You Parent Another Person's Child? by SeanT21(f): 5:25am On May 22, 2009
yes!!
Re: Can You Parent Another Person's Child? by Nobody: 8:22am On May 22, 2009
As i speak, i got a step male child in my care and am incharge of his up keep. It great giving the best outa life.
Re: Can You Parent Another Person's Child? by na2day2(m): 8:41am On May 22, 2009
brein:

As i speak, i got a step male child in my care and am incharge of his up keep. It great giving the best outa life.
good 4 u bro, keep it up smiley smiley smiley
Re: Can You Parent Another Person's Child? by itumama: 10:27am On May 22, 2009
There is nothin wrong in raising anoda person child,if am opportune to do so i will do cos i was also trained by anoda parent en today here am i to glorify God cos bible says love your neighbour as your self en also be your brodas keeper.
Re: Can You Parent Another Person's Child? by origina9ja(f): 10:28am On May 22, 2009
keyshia cole was not raise by her parent
but look @ her 2day
Re: Can You Parent Another Person's Child? by JJYOU: 10:37am On May 22, 2009
camelot:

theres noffing wrong in marrying single mother cus of their experience they become more wiser not wanting to jeopardize their second marrige

seeing the second chance as last therefore making all effort to make it work.
i wish you were right. sadly people in this category stand a better chance of failing in relationships. if you waz right it would have beeen brilliant sadly you are wrong .
T@meD0:

hmm, interesting perspective.  i never saw it that way. 

so, what you're saying is that these women will do everything possible to make the marriage work even if there's infidelity in the marriage? 

if that's true then maybe i should find me a single mother to marry and maybe, just maybe i might be able to get away with infidelity since i now
know she's wiser and would do anything (enduring my infidelity crap) to make the marriage work.    wink

you know what they say, dont try this at home.
Re: Can You Parent Another Person's Child? by JustGood(m): 10:49am On May 22, 2009
origina9ja:

keyshia cole was not raise by her parent
but look @ her 2day

I'm sorry to say this. . . but this is the worst way of looking at anything in life. Brandishing the name of one (or few) person who seems to have made something of her life out of the several hundreds of thousands whose lives are nothing to write home about smirks of encouraging the wrong attitude.

Its just the same thing you get when one success story is brought out in a bid to prove that growing up in social care is not bad. There are several children who grew up in social care and are now being recycled through the criminal system but social officers always find one that can speak well, dress him/her up for TV and try to make people believe what is not true.

oops, your point (and mine too) actually has nothing to do with the title of the thread.
Re: Can You Parent Another Person's Child? by origina9ja(f): 11:32am On May 22, 2009
yeah
i know some get messed up at the end of the day
what i'm bringing out here is everybody deserve care no matter where u from
i use cole as example because no body knows what she is capable of becoming
imagine if her foster parent did not bring her up like that
maybe her singing talent would have died up
Re: Can You Parent Another Person's Child? by JJYOU: 12:57pm On May 22, 2009
JustGood:

I'm sorry to say this. . . but this is the worst way of looking at anything in life. Brandishing the name of one (or few) person who seems to have made something of her life out of the several hundreds of thousands whose lives are nothing to write home about smirks of encouraging the wrong attitude.

Its just the same thing you get when one success story os brought out in a bid to prove that growing up in social care is not bad. There are several child who grew up in social care and are now being recycled through the criminal system but social officers always find one that can speak well, dress him/her up for TV and try to make people believe what is not true.

oops, your point (and mine too) actually has nothing to do with the title of the thread.
just good you are so right on this one. for this one fellow there are thousands regreting being born.
Re: Can You Parent Another Person's Child? by Godofwar1(m): 1:10pm On May 22, 2009
[why did u thinkn some one can take care of another person child like is own baby,it not easy to do that if it easy why would every body live with their parents.if so let some one take me if sxhe can take me like isown blood.
Re: Can You Parent Another Person's Child? by amaikama(m): 5:11pm On May 22, 2009
Easier said then don. make the thing happen first we go know.
Re: Can You Parent Another Person's Child? by Theblessed(f): 5:14pm On May 22, 2009
Yes, decent and well meaning people all over the world have always done this to help children who happens to find themselves at the mercy of social inequalities.

It's nothing new in civilized world as people this end have always done so and are quick to tell you, how fulfilling and rewarding such act of mercy can be.  It is only in poverty sticken regions of world where people rarely hear let alone see such acts that it can be surprising to learn that, 'YES' it can be done and it's always done by good hearted people without seeking any rewards from or exploiting the under-previllaged child/family.  So, if you doubt your ability to raise someone else's child, I suggest you can if you try as it can be more rewarding than raising your own.  However, if you seek instant rewards or have exploitation in mind in helping a child in need, just forget it. There are people in this world who finds it difficult to help others and if you happens to be one of them, this act of mercy is not for you else, you would definitely end up either exploiting or abusing a child in the name of help/support so, don't get involved, it's only meant for people with hearts.
Re: Can You Parent Another Person's Child? by maxtop(m): 5:40pm On May 22, 2009
why not, it is as good as adopting a child,
Re: Can You Parent Another Person's Child? by jimmysho(m): 5:49pm On May 22, 2009
why not if not. it is the same thing as contributing to charity and one of my purpose on earth is that, so, if i cant do that then deception is my second name
Re: Can You Parent Another Person's Child? by Sissy3(f): 8:37pm On May 22, 2009
yes i can
Re: Can You Parent Another Person's Child? by Pepeye(f): 8:42pm On May 22, 2009
Sure it not unheard of

There really is no rigid code of conduct on that
Re: Can You Parent Another Person's Child? by TimAllen: 5:38pm On May 23, 2009
Children need care,love and attention.Cos that child would have been YOU.There is nothing wrong in caring for someone else child.
Re: Can You Parent Another Person's Child? by na2day2(m): 9:14pm On May 23, 2009
~Sissy~:

yes i can

no u can't, u r not she-obama tongue tongue tongue
Re: Can You Parent Another Person's Child? by Sissy3(f): 9:41pm On May 23, 2009
na2day?:

no u can't, u r not she-obama tongue tongue tongue

lol i forget obama even used such line sef tongue tongue

and i again i say yes i can! grin grin
Re: Can You Parent Another Person's Child? by na2day2(m): 9:43pm On May 23, 2009
~Sissy~:

lol i forget obama even used such line sef tongue tongue

and i again i say yes i can! grin grin

no u cant fit, security! we have found a she-taliban here oooo  tongue tongue tongue
Re: Can You Parent Another Person's Child? by Sissy3(f): 9:48pm On May 23, 2009
na2day?:

no u cant fit, security! we have found a she-taliban here oooo  tongue tongue tongue

lol na only she taliban grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Can You Parent Another Person's Child? by na2day2(m): 10:09pm On May 23, 2009
~Sissy~:

lol na only she taliban grin grin grin grin grin

they r on ur tail girl
Re: Can You Parent Another Person's Child? by Sissy3(f): 10:13pm On May 23, 2009
na2day?:

they r on ur tail girl

lol na only tail? head nko grin grin grin
Re: Can You Parent Another Person's Child? by TOYOSI20(f): 12:45am On May 24, 2009
two quick questions. . . .

how is the child related to me??

And where are the parents to The child??
Re: Can You Parent Another Person's Child? by na2day2(m): 5:24am On May 24, 2009
~Sissy~:

lol na only tail? head nko grin grin grin

they have to start from somewhere
Re: Can You Parent Another Person's Child? by Sissy3(f): 5:38am On May 24, 2009
so y the tail first tongue
Re: Can You Parent Another Person's Child? by na2day2(m): 5:44am On May 24, 2009
~Sissy~:

so y the tail first tongue

dont get me started on things from behind lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Can You Parent Another Person's Child? by Sissy3(f): 5:48am On May 24, 2009
na2day?:

dont get me started on things from behind lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

unseal ur lips and speak , am listening tongue tongue

jst me n u so talk tongue tongue
Re: Can You Parent Another Person's Child? by na2day2(m): 5:59am On May 24, 2009
~Sissy~:

unseal ur lips and speak , am listening tongue tongue

jst me n u so talk tongue tongue

there are alot of flies on the wall and they got good ears

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Many Remember The "Joy Girl" Advert? / Stop Cooking With Red Oil. See Why! (photos) / Married Men. How Do You Cope With No Sex When Your Wife Is Pregnant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.