Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,496 members, 7,830,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

How Brainwashing Works - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Brainwashing Works (8123 Views)

Do Not Underestimate The Effects Of Religion Indoctrination And Brainwashing / Sunday Adelaja Exposes Adeboye Scripture Manipulation And Brainwashing For Money / Christian Brainwashing VS Islam Brainwashing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Brainwashing Works by Richirich713: 11:17am On Dec 14, 2015
CoolUsername:
Well, it's observed in nature. Paedophilia on the other hand, not so much.

But we do see paedophilia, since we observed that does that make it normal?

They also in the minority. But I'm sure u are fully against paedophilia.
Re: How Brainwashing Works by menesheh(m): 12:37pm On Dec 14, 2015
vooks:

You are a fool.
Christianity is not science so if it does not innovate and throw up technologies, that's none of its fault. Atheism faith in and of itself has equally yielded NOTHING. Atheism is not science you primitive Negro

Your mum is a fool. Your mum is the daughter of satan.

Hope you're happy now.
Re: How Brainwashing Works by vooks: 2:26pm On Dec 14, 2015
menesheh:

Your mum is a fool. Your mum is the daughter of satan.

Hope you're happy now.
You are still a fool. As an antitheists, whT contribution have you given to humanity?
Re: How Brainwashing Works by perod(f): 2:52pm On Dec 14, 2015
vooks:
-Homosexuality is congenital
-Evolution did this, did that
-Big Bang
-The earth is 13b years young
-There is no God

Homosexuality congenital? Do you know what does mean congenital? FYI: of a disease or physical abnormality) present from birth.
Do I have a disease present from birth because I am heterosexual? It's the same for homosexual people.
Re: How Brainwashing Works by perod(f): 2:54pm On Dec 14, 2015
vooks:
-Homosexuality is congenital
-Evolution did this, did that
-Big Bang
-The earth is 13b years young
-There is no God

Homosexuality congenital? Do you know what does mean congenital? FYI: of a disease or physical abnormality) present from birth.
Do I have a disease present from birth because I am heterosexual? It's the same for homosexual people.
Re: How Brainwashing Works by perod(f): 3:14pm On Dec 14, 2015
I don't understand, do you have history subject at schools in Nigeria? Because where I am from we studied Greek/ Roman, Christian religion ,Islam.. Among others. They told us religion was useful when people didn't know how to write or read or explain themselfs some natural events ( like storms etc) and also learn some basic behaviour rules like "don't kill" etc. After that (maybe middle age?) Religion it was used to control people from villages, it's because of that churches are dark and big, you feel more afraid d and your are keen to donate more money.

So, where I am from almost everybody isn't a believer nowadays. Even we keep some traditions like Christmas...
Actually, we never speak about religion or ask others when we meet first time which is your religion?
It's because of that shocked me when I start dating a British boy from origin Nigeria and he believed in God , thinking God was making things from him instead of believe it was himself. Now reading this forum I can understand why he thought like that.

I think you should have this kind of subjects at school when kids and people can choose what they want to think or believe when they grow up.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Brainwashing Works by urahara(m): 3:18pm On Dec 14, 2015
CoolUsername:

-Some people are born gay, deal with it.
-The theory of evolution has been backed up thousands of times with hard evidence (fossil records, genetic information etc)
-The earth is actually about 4 billion years old, this has been backed up by carbon radioisotope dating, try to read a book.
-The best answer someone can give is I don't think so. The question is if you're saying there is God bring evidence, like you know, the evidence of evolution, 4 billion year-old planet, and homosexuality in nature.

The worst attack on science is that the world was created in merely 6000years.

Religion really is a virus.
Re: How Brainwashing Works by vooks: 3:20pm On Dec 14, 2015
perod:

Yes I do. It men's you were born thus
Re: How Brainwashing Works by vooks: 3:21pm On Dec 14, 2015
urahara:

Give me proof it is older than that
Re: How Brainwashing Works by urahara(m): 3:38pm On Dec 14, 2015
Re: How Brainwashing Works by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:41pm On Dec 14, 2015
urahara:

What passage of the bible was the age of the earth said to be 6,000 yrs ?
Re: How Brainwashing Works by Scholar8200(m): 3:42pm On Dec 14, 2015
vooks:

Indoctrination in action cool
Come to think of it, the atheistic communists used this tool the most no thanks to their continual haranguings!
Meanwhile the apostles NEVER harangued anyone with the Gospel, if you accepted the simple message fine if you revolted, they simply turned to others!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Brainwashing Works by urahara(m): 4:22pm On Dec 14, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Can be easily inferred from the geanologies of Adam to Solomon. By calculating the amount of years a father lives until the birth of his first child.

* Adam to Abraham .................. 1948 yrs *
* Abraham to Egypt ................. 290 yrs *
* From Egypt to Moses: (X) Let X = 63 63 yrs *
* X = (Kohath to Amram to Moses) *
* Moses to the Exodus .............. 80 yrs *
* Exodus to death Joshua ........... 70 yrs *
* Judges to Samuel ................. 450 yrs (Acts 13:20) *
* Kings of Judah ................... 513 yrs *
* Babylonian Captivity ............. 586 B.C.E. *
* Adam to Jesus 4000 yrs *
* birth of Jesus to now: 2011 years

4000 plus 2011 = 6011 years age of the eart
Re: How Brainwashing Works by urahara(m): 4:22pm On Dec 14, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Can be easily inferred from the geanologies of Adam to Solomon. By calculating the amount of years a father lives until the birth of his first child.

4000 plus 2011 = 6011 years age of the earth

2 Likes

Re: How Brainwashing Works by urahara(m): 4:23pm On Dec 14, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Can be easily inferred from the geanologies of Adam to jesus. By calculating the amount of years a father lives until the birth of his first child.

Re: How Brainwashing Works by urahara(m): 4:24pm On Dec 14, 2015
Scholar8200:
Come to think of it, the atheistic communists used this tool the most no thanks to their continual haranguings!
Meanwhile the apostles NEVER harangued anyone with the Gospel, if you accepted the simple message fine if you revolted, they simply turned to others!
Tell that to the crusaders.
Re: How Brainwashing Works by Scholar8200(m): 4:27pm On Dec 14, 2015
urahara:

Tell that to the crusaders.

The crusaders were not evangelists preaching the Gospel! We are talking about the use of speeches here.
Re: How Brainwashing Works by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:46pm On Dec 14, 2015
urahara:

Can be easily inferred from the geanologies of Adam to jesus. By calculating the amount of years a father lives until the birth of his first child.

Cool ... Oya clap for yourself grin
Re: How Brainwashing Works by Scholar8200(m): 4:54pm On Dec 14, 2015
But the planet Earth that was covered with water was already existing in Genesis 1! The 6-day period did not include the time when Earth that was sans form and void and covered with darkness and water was made!

( That another planet has been found recently with same characteristics of water all through {Gliese1214B}
accentuates the Biblical account written when no one had ever been to space!)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Brainwashing Works by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:09pm On Dec 14, 2015
Scholar8200:
But the planet Earth that was covered with water was already existing in Genesis 1! The 6-day period did not include the time when Earth that was sans form and void and covered with darkness and water was made!

( That another planet has been found recently with same characteristics of water all through {Gliese1214B}

Are you a gap theorist ? - the gap between Genesis 1 : 1 and Genesis 1 : 2
Re: How Brainwashing Works by Scholar8200(m): 5:18pm On Dec 14, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Are you a gap theorist ? - the gap between Genesis 1 : 1 and Genesis 1 : 2
No! I just say what I read in Scriptures! You will notice that creation as it relates to man starts with verse 3 as regards Light and that was where the first day was mentioned. The Earth that was sans form and void was not mentioned as being made in any of the 6 Days. And just like reproduction, it is apparent that God set ordinances for these celestial bodies and planets.
Re: How Brainwashing Works by urahara(m): 5:18pm On Dec 14, 2015
Scholar8200:

There is no planet that has water all through. Gliese 1241 b has mere been speculated to be probably an aqua planet. There is no known aqua planet. It is still hypothetical
Re: How Brainwashing Works by Scholar8200(m): 5:22pm On Dec 14, 2015
urahara:

There is no planet that has water all through. Gliese 1241 b has mere been speculated to be probably an aqua planet. There is no known aqua planet. It is still hypothetical
Alright. I actually learnt that from a NL; meaning he was wrong to have told us that planet was existing (and he even gave us pictures).
Re: How Brainwashing Works by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:11pm On Dec 14, 2015
Scholar8200:
No! I just say what I read in Scriptures! You will notice that creation as it relates to man starts with verse 3 as regards Light and that was where the first day was mentioned. The Earth that was sans form and void was not mentioned as being made in any of the 6 Days. And just like reproduction, it is apparent that God set ordinances for these celestial bodies and planets.

Hmmm ...

You hold the belief that the earth is just 6, 000 yrs and was created in 6 24hr days ?
Re: How Brainwashing Works by CoolUsername: 8:05pm On Dec 14, 2015
Richirich713:

But we do see paedophilia, since we observed that does that make it normal?

They also in the minority. But I'm sure u are fully against paedophilia.
Let's set this straight (no pun intended tongue):
1. Homosexuality: Consensual sex between consenting parties who are of the same sex.
This, I'm ok with.

2. Paedophilia: Sexual attraction by an adult to prepubescent individuals.
This, I'm not ok with because one party is too physically and emotionally immature to give consent.

3. Hebephilia: Sexual attraction to pubescent minors.
This, I'm not ok with because one party is too emotionally immature to give consent.

4. Bestiality: Sexual attraction to animals.
This is not ok because animals are too neurologically impaired to give consent.

So there it is. I hope you can see why I distinguish homosexuality from perversion. Because as long as it is consensual, then nobody (or animal) is getting abused physically or emotionally.

1 Like

Re: How Brainwashing Works by CoolUsername: 8:11pm On Dec 14, 2015
vooks:

Present your evidence Negro. Specifically, pick any subject and meet me here. I will school you on logic,real science and more importantly on how to use your sole and underworked neuron grin
Let's start with evolution.
For evolution to be true some conditions have to be met, one of such is that the fossils of organisms will become more primitive the deeper we go into the earth' crust, with the most primitive species at the deepest layers and the most recent at the topmost layers.
Re: How Brainwashing Works by CoolUsername: 8:23pm On Dec 14, 2015
Richirich713:

Obviously I was only referring to humans, he decided to bring bacteria in.

Minority or majority has nothing to do with it, it about what is right nd wat is wrong.

If that's the case, do u think its wrong to be a rapist or is it just a matter of choice? Since u a atheist I'm assuming don't believe in objective morals.
Rape is bad. Rapists are bad. They should go to prison for a long time.

Let me tell you about my moral compass. It's not long and it doesn't have arbitrary rules. It goes something like:
Do not harm another individual physically, mentally, emotionally, or socially. Also, do not harm people indirectly by polluting the environment, messing up the ecosystem, cheating in examinations, etc
Do not cause unnecessary harm to animals.
The rules above are not absolute, there are exceptions such as things like self-defense.

Homosexuality doesn't transgress against other peoples' rights, does it?

3 Likes

Re: How Brainwashing Works by CoolUsername: 8:36pm On Dec 14, 2015
Scholar8200:

...the apostles NEVER harangued anyone with the Gospel, if you accepted the simple message fine if you revolted, they simply turned to others!
This would have been fine, but then you guys started making laws with it, killing because of it, and justifying slavery with it.
Re: How Brainwashing Works by Richirich713: 8:45pm On Dec 14, 2015
CoolUsername:
Rape is bad. Rapists are bad. They should go to prison for a long time.

Let me tell you about my moral compass. It's not long and it doesn't have arbitrary rules. It goes something like:
Do not harm another individual physically, mentally, emotionally, or socially. Also, do not harm people indirectly by polluting the environment, messing up the ecosystem, cheating in examinations, etc
Do not cause unnecessary harm to animals.
The rules above are not absolute, there are exceptions such as things like self-defense.

Homosexuality doesn't transgress against other peoples' rights, does it?

So raping some1 is wrong, is just ur opinion since u believe in subjective morality. It's not truely wrong to u, it's just an opinion.

I consider homosexuality wrong cuz a man suppose to be with a women , if the first humans were 100% gay we wouldn't be here, they will be assking questions on y they not reproducing.
Re: How Brainwashing Works by CoolUsername: 8:59pm On Dec 14, 2015
Richirich713:

So raping some1 is wrong, is just ur opinion since u believe in subjective morality. It's not truely wrong to u, it's just an opinion.

My morality is objective. You hurt someone, you're bad. You do good, then you're good.

Richirich713:

I consider homosexuality wrong cuz a man suppose to be with a women , if the first humans were 100% gay we wouldn't be here, they will be assking questions on y they not reproducing.

If 100% of humans were gay then we won't be here. It's as simple as that. But we've since moved on from sole reliance on natural selection because we are intelligent social animals. For example, gay couples can adopt orphans or use surrogates and sperm donors to have children.

Furthermore, if you feel that a man must be with a woman, what exactly is that going to accomplish? Who is that law protecting? I'll really like to know why.

Also, biologically speaking, homosexuality is a great feature for a specie in order to prevent its population from exploding beyond what the ecosystem can accomodate.

1 Like

Re: How Brainwashing Works by Scholar8200(m): 9:45pm On Dec 14, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Hmmm ...

You hold the belief that the earth is just 6, 000 yrs and was created in 6 24hr days ?
No
Re: How Brainwashing Works by Scholar8200(m): 9:49pm On Dec 14, 2015
CoolUsername:
This would have been fine, but then you guys started making laws with it, killing because of it, and justifying slavery with it.
No one ever used the Gospel for the above! It in no inspires or motivates to such.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I May No Longer Believe In God Existence / Catholic Cardinal Says Adam And Eve Didn’t Exist / God Is A Lie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.