Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,977 members, 7,866,663 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 10:37 PM

Would You Change Your Religion For Love? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Change Your Religion For Love? (26064 Views)

Ladies, Be Honest, How Often Do You Change Your Panties / When you choose to be a fool for love. / Guys This Curve Can Make You Change Your 'YES' To A 'NO' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by Software202(m): 7:15am On Dec 01, 2015
K
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by ipreach: 7:16am On Dec 01, 2015
No way .:::.::

Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by Godsate: 7:17am On Dec 01, 2015
cathodekazim:

Not to craztenity

I d rada marry a Ifa girl

Or a Sango worshipper

Than tht propagandist religion

Spit

You answer it all. There is no diffrence between all you listed and ur religion
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by gidjah(m): 7:20am On Dec 01, 2015
I think its more out of been fake and hippocrisy.most of the out come are never of good testimony because it ends up bringing disharmony in the home.our islamic brothers can testify to that na, they rather convert the other person(using every means possible like charms and soccery)than go the other way round.me will neve advice my enemy who is a christian to marry my best friend who practices islam o

1 Like

Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by macdelene(m): 7:21am On Dec 01, 2015
First there nothing like love between human beings and why should I change my religion becos of one person. If the person loves me as he cliams he is, then he should love me for who I am.m undecided

1 Like

Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by Sarang(f): 7:21am On Dec 01, 2015
MissGdope:

nope they are not.

Why?
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by Godsate: 7:24am On Dec 01, 2015
pikapizy:

you see your problem! they believe they have the monopoly of the truth! every religion believes that! ..I've been to different churches and I've studied different religions ...I can tell you JW are not Christians...their belief differs from normal Christianity( orthodox & penticostal)calling JW Christians is like calling Rastafarians Christians because they believe in Jesus and read the bible too...

I don't know much about the JW but I believe that they are Christians. From your comment above, once they believe in Jesus Christ then they are Christains.
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by inemesitekaekpo(f): 7:30am On Dec 01, 2015
iceberylin:
Not to Islam.....
i agree
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by Seunaj05(m): 7:32am On Dec 01, 2015
KashyBaby:
Pleaded GUILTY ... grin I was so crazy in love that I was ready to give up my religion juz to be with that man...

thank God for ur life, sis. He would have married u, give u hijab someday or threaten to marry another wife(a Muslim) it's not about him. It's abt having a bunch of devils as ur in law. They must influence him one day
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by M17CXi: 7:34am On Dec 01, 2015
Hello Noooooo
ISlam until the end
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by Acidosis(m): 7:34am On Dec 01, 2015
One person has to compromise, that person isn't me.

1 Like

Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by freshvine(f): 7:37am On Dec 01, 2015
I love my Christian God more than anything in this world then my husband follows.

I'll spend at most 100 years with my husband on planet earth but will spend eternity with the Christian God I believe in

2 Likes

Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by macof(m): 7:38am On Dec 01, 2015
kay29000:
This is a tough one. I am an atheist, but I have strongly been considering the option of turning (or just faking it) Christian for the sake of marriage and my future children.

So you choose not to show ur children and wife the folly of religion
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by macof(m): 7:43am On Dec 01, 2015
firstking01:
I can't compromise christianity for anything,,,if nt, 3weeks ago, i wud 've bin a jehovah's witness by now. I really love her. I had to suspend my church on sunday morning, just to go to the kingdom hall, can u imagine?. We sat togeda listening to the teaching and singing their hymn. Mehn, if nt dat i'm rooted in d word, by nw i wud be a jehovah's witness. Damn it.

Is Jehova witness not christianity? Na wa o, bigotry even in the same religion
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by kimond101: 7:48am On Dec 01, 2015
gidjah:
I think its more out of been fake and hippocrisy.most of the out come are never of good testimony because it ends up bringing disharmony in the home.our islamic brothers can testify to that na, they rather convert the other person(using every means possible like charms and soccery)than go the other way round.me will neve advice my enemy who is a christian to marry my best friend who practices islam o

With due respect you are very silly for that comment.
You are insinuating that muslims use charms and sorcery to make people convert?
If you don't have anything reasonable to type just switch off your phone and go take a nap.

1 Like

Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by kimond101: 7:50am On Dec 01, 2015
Godsate:

I don't know much about the JW but I believe that they are Christians. From your comment above, once they believe in Jesus Christ then they are Christains.

Muslims believe in Jesus Christ. But muslims are not Christians

1 Like

Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by donTbone(m): 7:55am On Dec 01, 2015
So... you guys took over my thread while asleep shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
6 pages and still counting?

grin grin grin grin
FP yaaaaa! #dashesout
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by donTbone(m): 7:57am On Dec 01, 2015
freshvine:
I love my Christian God more than anything in this world then my husband follows.

I'll spend at most 100 years with my husband on planet earth but will spend eternity with the Christian God I believe in
Hmmmm... cute way to renounce faith wink

100yrs with your husband, that I cant promise! cheesy
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by mathow55(m): 7:57am On Dec 01, 2015
The truth about this matter is that: each religion(Christianity is not a religion thou, Its a way of life) has its own principles when it comes to marriage.
while one believe in monogamy the other says polygamy is allowed. see there is more to marriage more than wat some of we youth this days are thinking, to aid your understanding on this subject, read several books on courtship/marriage.
To back this claim up: there is this christian lady that got married to a Muslim guy. After two years Of marriage the guy started following ladies up and down,mind you they have a child already: when it is getting out of hand, the lady went to the guys parent to report the matter to them.
The guys parent told her that Muslim are allowed to marry more than one wife, so their son feels he wants to take a second wife, that shouldnt be a problem. mind you I am not saying that some church goers doesn't marry more than one wives, while one justifies it, the other rebukes it.
Most problems that occur in marriages is aftermath. so its better to be wise with our decisions
Another thing is that some of us does not know that certain things need to be considered b4 you claim you fall in love with somebody, wise ppl don't go into a relationship without considering the compatibility of he and his partner.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by SSpeter(m): 8:00am On Dec 01, 2015
MissGdope:

i don't get this tho? i understand not wanting to convert to another religion but denomination? i think that's simply ridiculous. The church (all christians) is the body of Christ and I always wonder why people divide the body of Christ. It doesn't matter what you call yourself, as long as you believe in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ for your sins then you are saved. I think all these denomination nonsense is a trick of the devil to remove unity from christians like seriously. we are all one. People always ask me what "type" of christian i am and i just say i'm a christian, a child of God, a believer of the Lord and saviour Jesus Christ. Forget about division because it is what causes conflict. let us all be united as we are one spirit in Christ Jesus
I don't want a scenario when am praying my rosary setting up an Altar placing the statue of Mary and jesus...My wife will just be looking at me like someone wasting His time. I will love her to take charge but when she does not believe in those practices, It will dwindle my enthusiasm now you know why it's good to stick with ur denomination.

1 Like

Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by donTbone(m): 8:01am On Dec 01, 2015
mathow55:
The truth about this matter is that: each religion(Christianity is not a religion thou, Its a way of life) has its own principles when it comes to marriage.
while one believe in monogamy the other says polygamy is allowed. see there is more to marriage more than wat some of we youth this days are thinking, to aid your understanding on this subject, read several books on courtship/marriage.
To back this claim up: there is this christian lady that got married to a Muslim guy. After two years Of marriage the guy started following ladies up and down,mind you they have a child already: when it is getting out of hand, the lady went to the guys parent to report the matter to them.
The guys parent told her that Muslim are allowed to marry more than one wife, so their son feels he wants to take a second wife, that shouldnt be a problem. mind you I am not saying that some church goers doesn't marry more than one wives, while one justifies it, the other rebukes it.
Most problems that occur in marriages is aftermath. so its better to be wise with our decisions
Another thing is that some of us does not know that certain things need to be considered b4 you claim you fall in love with somebody, wise ppl don't go into a relationship without considering the compatibility of he and his partner.
#lobatan

Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by kimond101: 8:01am On Dec 01, 2015
Ajibel:
I'm faced with this situation too. Im a Muslim, she is Christian.

I try not to think of it. I always picture Babatunde Fashola whose wife is a Christian and give myself hope that it'll work for me.

My mum was a Christian before she married my Dad and converted.

Besides, I am not a staunch Muslim.

My brother may Allah strengthen your faith in him. My advice is before you think of marrying someone of another faith as a man you have to ensure you are strong in your faith.
Love is blind and love flunctuates. You may love someone today and not love the person tomorrow.
The life of this world is temporary and whatever you want you offsprings to be is the kind of spouse you should look for. God forbid Allah take your soul early during the marriage, and your wife is still a christian, she would automatically make your children church goers.
I'll advice that you should marry someone who share the same believe as you do. That would make the religious aspect of your life easy atleast since you would pray together as a family and raise your children on the same believe.
I'm not saying your christian lady may not revert later on but the question is if she doesn't what would you do?

1 Like

Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by Nobody: 8:09am On Dec 01, 2015
kimond101:

Muslims believe in Jesus Christ. But muslims are not Christians
Muslims don't believe in Jesus christ if not they won't be muslims.
I have a muslim friend who married my friend & converted to Christianity today he is a staunch catholic. but I've neva seen a Muslim girl converting to Christianity. who has?
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by kimond101: 8:10am On Dec 01, 2015
mathow55:

Islam is a way of life aswell. Like the proverbial saying: You would think your fathers farm is the biggest until you visit another persons fathers farm.
Islam is the only religion that emphasises on Monogamy! Yes, you may be suprised to hear this but it is true. Polygamy is only permissible if you can treat all the wives justly and a limit is set to the number which is 4.
The quran verse that indicates that is :
:
Quran (4:3) - "Marry of the women, who seem good to you, two or three or four; and if ye fear that ye cannot do justice (to so many) then one (only) or (the captives) that your right hands possess."

The reality is not all muslims practice Islam and not all Christians practice christianity. Before you can practice effectively, you have to seek knowledge.
Marrying another wife is better than committing adultry. This is the sad reality in the world we live in today.
I agree with you that compatibility is essential before marriage. This is because love flunctuates and the person you love today, you might hate tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by xest(m): 8:11am On Dec 01, 2015
kay29000:
This is a tough one. I am an atheist, but I have strongly been considering the option of turning (or just faking it) Christian for the sake of marriage and my future children.
then u r deceiving ursef. Why wil u fake it in d first place? Preach atheism to ur family na,abi atheist no get organisation? They can as well Wed u na.
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by Cutehector(m): 8:14am On Dec 01, 2015
ministeriallist:

Jehovah's Witnesses are just too good when it comes to understanding and obeying Bible teaching. They are just fantastic. Even there kids are very knowledgeable - small children preaching the word of God. You need to listen to there message - direct and accurate bible teaching. No prejudice
their teachins r false buh i admire how they preach the word..
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by kimond101: 8:15am On Dec 01, 2015
geccibede:
I have a muslim friend who married my friend & converted to Christianity today he is a staunch catholic. but I've neva seen a Muslim girl converting to Christianity. who has?

Muslims believe in Jesus Christ and love Jesus Christ. The only thing is muslims don't worship Jesus Christ but rather muslims worship He that sent Jesus Christ.

3 Likes

Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by Trustworthiness: 8:21am On Dec 01, 2015
Cutehector:
Naaah... Bible says do nad be equally yoked with an unbeliever... Hence i cant change my religion...

Religion is very different from denomination pls take note... Hence i cant change christianity to be a muslim, or budhist, or jehovah witness, or eckist, or mormon, or hinduist..

So, Jehovah Witness are not christian again?
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by mathow55(m): 8:22am On Dec 01, 2015
donTbone:

#lobatan
Lol!!! you funny Gan o
bro that Kogi state governor no be am o,
you want make the majority tribe there finish me!!!
na there I dey serve now!!! dem no want other tribe within their state to be their gov, not to talk of a waka come
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by kay29000(m): 8:24am On Dec 01, 2015
uchennamani:
You just nailed it. I'm an atheist too and if I see a woman that will make my life better, I can pretend that Jesus died and resurrected for my sins.

smiley
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by mathow55(m): 8:24am On Dec 01, 2015
geccibede:

Yes my mum!!!

1 Like

Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by preciousMI1(f): 8:38am On Dec 01, 2015
donTbone:
If it came down to love would you change your religion? A lot of people face this issue in their relationship, and it’s such a touchy subject so most people sweep it under the rug. The most difficult thing to do while in love is to leave your love for what you love.

When we’re born we don’t know what we believe in, our parents teach us and raise us to believe in what they think we should believe in so its natural for us to follow this same path once we grow up.

I have a friend that is in a relationship with someone that has a different religion then her, she doesn’t want their future children to believe in what he believes in so she’s faced with the decision to stay or leave.

What would you do if this were you? If this was me I don’t know what I would do, do I leave the love of my life because we have different views or do I stay and live a different lifestyle from him.

angry

HELL TO THE NOOOOOOOOOO

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Men Dont Send Transport Fare To Any Lady To Come To Your House - Lady (vid) / Do Ladies Really Like Funny Guys? / Please How Do I Keep My New Year Resolution Of No More Premarital Sex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.