Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,607 members, 7,816,507 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

Ladies, The Smarter You Are, The More Likely You Are To Be Single? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, The Smarter You Are, The More Likely You Are To Be Single? (42895 Views)

Top Ten Girls Who Are Ready To Be Single Until Further Notice / This Is Why I Hate Nairaland Ladies The More / Ladies*** The Ten Types Of Pen*s ***readers Discretion***18+ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies, The Smarter You Are, The More Likely You Are To Be Single? by Crownedannie(f): 12:29pm On Dec 02, 2015
donTbone:
Conclusion: You are a fool! grin grin grin
just wish can control it
Re: Ladies, The Smarter You Are, The More Likely You Are To Be Single? by gsalvatore: 12:40pm On Dec 02, 2015
If she is 'smart' and still single contrary to her wish...then she is not smart. she is dumb.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, The Smarter You Are, The More Likely You Are To Be Single? by alobam28(m): 12:43pm On Dec 02, 2015
U gotta be on d same level if not higher to really connect with a smart lady...

The extremely smart ladies are rare to find... Once u r with them... U will have a hard time settling for less
Re: Ladies, The Smarter You Are, The More Likely You Are To Be Single? by 400billionman: 1:58pm On Dec 02, 2015
Seun:
Not true. Smart ladies always seem to be "in a committed relationship".

grin grin

And they are always doing Ashoebi for other girls..
Re: Ladies, The Smarter You Are, The More Likely You Are To Be Single? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Dec 02, 2015
faustinalove:

most uneducated (and even some educated) igbo men(especially anambra men) prefer to marry a 'dunce'. thats y u will hardly see them marry someone who went to a higher institution cos they believe more education will make a woman non-submissive, too exposed and smarter than them..
thats y they prefer to marry village girls who at most stopped schooling at SS3..
They like a woman who they can tell to put her hands into a burning fire and she will gladly do it without asking d man why she must do such thing..
I remember an illiterate igbo man telling me this in igbo language last month when he asked me what next and i told him i am planning to do my masters..He said "i would hav married u but u went to d university, u better stop wasting ur time going for any masters and make sure u travel home this december(and stay till january) so that u might be lucky enough to find a husband among d men that will come home looking for a wife'

WOW! And LOL! Shame tho. I understand that some women take d "independent" thing too far cus they r educated but mehn, my wife berra be smart.

R u from Anambra?
Re: Ladies, The Smarter You Are, The More Likely You Are To Be Single? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Dec 02, 2015
ogaprime:

Ara nkon ti OP sor leleyi oo. This is exactly what OP is talking about..
Who gives a hoot what the OP is talking about tho? The truth is the truth whether you and the op like it or not. Women ain't bowing down. You're not gods
Re: Ladies, The Smarter You Are, The More Likely You Are To Be Single? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Dec 02, 2015
Re: Ladies, The Smarter You Are, The More Likely You Are To Be Single? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Dec 02, 2015
FxDuke:

yes those days are over because we now have women whose daddies have sent to acquire education even to the highest level possible who should have been restricted to their traditional role of Homemaker and support of spouse. so am not surprised at all. In the future there will be no difference between a man and a woman at this rate. coz the whole thing is been redefined and evolving really. fast
grin grin grin grin you can't be serious
are you just waking up from the 16th century?? Hian!
so women should not be sent to school ni? nonsense. why do you think men deserve higher education and women don't? I want to know in what sense men are better than women. This is why Africans are not progressing - backwards way of thinking. So men should go out there, get an education, a career, marry a woman and make her do housework and in that way women can't support themselves if anything should compromise the relationship. thats dumb asf.
for your information, women don't have smaller brains than men so they have the right to equality.
those bullshiit "traditional" roles are not the be all and end all. They were socially constructed by lazy men and now are being broken down. I'm not saying it's wrong for a woman to be a housewife but it has to be her choice. she has the freaking right to chose wtf she wants to do and the right to equal opportunities too (education and career).
#LiberalFeminism

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, The Smarter You Are, The More Likely You Are To Be Single? by ogaprime(m): 3:53pm On Dec 02, 2015
MissGdope:

Who gives a hoot what the OP is talking about tho? The truth is the truth whether you and the op like it or not. Women ain't bowing down. You're not gods

And who is talking about bowing down here. Take it or leave it, A man will always be the head. I know some men have made it look like Man shouldn't lead.

Being a submissive wife doesn't make her a slave, its a foolish man that turns his wife to a slave. A man should love his wife like his life, never hurting her or abusing her, respecting and acknowledging her contributions

A woman should submit to the man so as to leave the leadership to him and to follow him with wisdom. When a woman doesn't submit, the man will make her submit by force thereby resulting to sparks,abuse,confrontations, clashes,fights,------>divorce. A smart woman that's wise knows when to give caesa
r what's caesar's

Please read the story of queen Esther and queen vashti in the bible. Thank you...
Re: Ladies, The Smarter You Are, The More Likely You Are To Be Single? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Dec 02, 2015
Re: Ladies, The Smarter You Are, The More Likely You Are To Be Single? by ckuteg(f): 4:04pm On Dec 02, 2015
Being smart doesn't mean you won't be submissive...Being smart is just a confirmation that you know what you want and you are not daft. I believe I am smart,I love smarter guys, I can't even stand insecured and daft guys especially.I Am smart and ican be submissive. But not stupid.

NB: smartness got category. Depending on how you define being "Smart"
Re: Ladies, The Smarter You Are, The More Likely You Are To Be Single? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Dec 02, 2015
MissGdope:

grin grin grin grin you can't be serious
are you just waking up from the 16th century?? Hian!
so women should not be sent to school ni? nonsense. why do you think men deserve higher education and women don't? I want to know in what sense men are better than women. This is why Africans are not progressing - backwards way of thinking. So men should go out there, get an education, a career, marry a woman and make her do housework and in that way women can't support themselves if anything should compromise the relationship. thats dumb asf.
for your information, women don't have smaller brains than men so they have the right to equality.
those bullshiit "traditional" roles are not the be all and end all. They were socially constructed by lazy men and now are being broken down. I'm not saying it's wrong for a woman to be a housewife but it has to be her choice. she has the freaking right to chose wtf she wants to do and the right to equal opportunities too (education and career).
#LiberalFeminism
The nigga is a friggn Dickhead!undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies, The Smarter You Are, The More Likely You Are To Be Single? by Teryfik(m): 5:47pm On Dec 02, 2015
frankyychiji:
lolzz...that my signature ehn... E be like say d tin dey pain you wella grin
shey d tin pain me shae be lyk say e pain me ooo
Re: Ladies, The Smarter You Are, The More Likely You Are To Be Single? by Pidggin(f): 7:25pm On Dec 02, 2015
MrsPhyno:

Lol...... Why are u tagging my people eh grin

@bolded left her intellect at the door? So she was walking around her house like a complete mumu? grin And everyone should "leave their achievements at the door" of their house. Kanye West is just a husband to Kim K grin and Dangote is just a father to his children

grin
Re: Ladies, The Smarter You Are, The More Likely You Are To Be Single? by geez18(m): 7:32pm On Dec 02, 2015
most guys here are confusing "pompous" with "smart". a woman should be smart but homely as well.
Re: Ladies, The Smarter You Are, The More Likely You Are To Be Single? by RedCapChief(m): 8:05pm On Dec 02, 2015
MrsPhyno:

Lol...... Why are u tagging my people eh grin

@bolded left her intellect at the door? So she was walking around her house like a complete mumu? grin And everyone should "leave their achievements at the door" of their house. Kanye West is just a husband to Kim K grin and Dangote is just a father to his children

That is not what I mean and I think you blew it out of proportion Marriage is a not a 50/50 where husband and wife battle for who will be in charge depending on who the smarter person in the room is. It is one boat and there is only one captain. Now the captain has the duty to treat his First Mate like an equal because she is an important member of the ship. The problem starts when the First Mate starts acting like the Captain.

sapiosexual1:

RedCapCheif sounds like a male chauvinist. I don't think marriage or a relationship is meant to kill potential, it should complement potential and make both couples better.
My 2kobo
Thank God you said 'like a male chauvinist'. I was already looking for my scalpel to work you up for bilateral cerebral lobectomy cheesy Anyway, you've emphasized my point already. Marriage is to complement potential and not usurp it.

This topic is kinda funny. I don't know females are importing a branch of ultra-feminism from a region that has one of the highest rates of divorce in the world.

geez18:
most guys here are confusing "pompous" with "smart". a woman should be smart but homely as well.
Now this is a wise brother smiley
Re: Ladies, The Smarter You Are, The More Likely You Are To Be Single? by ojuu4u(m): 8:06pm On Dec 02, 2015
Jay5000:
There is a difference between being smart and being an "I too know".
Men love smart women but hate ITKs.

Oga dnt cönfuse ursf. Can u tel me d meanin of 'outsmart'
Re: Ladies, The Smarter You Are, The More Likely You Are To Be Single? by ayanbaba2(m): 9:19pm On Dec 02, 2015
sapiosexual1:

RedCapCheif sounds like a male chauvinist. I don't think marriage or a relationship is meant to kill potential, it should complement potential and make both couples better.
This is a wake up call to them guys, develop yourselves, desire and pursue after knowledge for knowledge (not male machismo) is power. Dont spend all your free time on nairabet or nairaland or watching premiership. Read, read, and read more.
My 2kobo
Smiles!
Good talk bro...
Got you!
Re: Ladies, The Smarter You Are, The More Likely You Are To Be Single? by ayanbaba2(m): 9:20pm On Dec 02, 2015
sapiosexual1:

This is a wake up call to them guys, develop yourselves, desire and pursue after knowledge for knowledge (not male machismo) is power. Dont spend all your free time on nairabet or nairaland or watching premiership. Read, read, and read more.
My 2kobo
Smiles!
Good advice bro...
Got you!
Re: Ladies, The Smarter You Are, The More Likely You Are To Be Single? by ayanbaba2(m): 9:23pm On Dec 02, 2015
Estharfabian:
The nigga is a friggn Dickhead!undecided
not only Dickhead!
Put cleverDick on top that....

1 Like

Re: Ladies, The Smarter You Are, The More Likely You Are To Be Single? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Dec 02, 2015
Re: Ladies, The Smarter You Are, The More Likely You Are To Be Single? by frankyychiji(f): 10:52pm On Dec 02, 2015
Teryfik:
shey d tin pain me shae be lyk say e pain me ooo
Then do the needful...

Go and Die grin
Re: Ladies, The Smarter You Are, The More Likely You Are To Be Single? by Nobody: 11:51pm On Dec 02, 2015
My dear it's a general thing not just Igbo women. I will create a thread for the letter a 'dumb' woman wrote before she died miserable thanks to the 'smart' man she married.
faustinalove:

God bless u sister..i see this same thing happening around me...the women are not happy in their marriages but they bear it silently without complaining...this is very common in igbo marriages...a yoruba woman will speak up or dump ur ass if she is not happy in d marriage..but what do igbo women do? stay in unhappy marriages without complaining even for once till they die!..
There was this igbo woman who gave birth to 7 girls, no boy( and u know d most important child in igbo land is a boy)....as at when she delivered d 7th child, she almost died and d doctor warned her not to try getting pregnant again cos her womb was very weak...but guess what, this woman's husband talked her into getting pregnant again, telling her it might turn out to be a boy..the woman agreed and got pregnant..and guess what, she died while pushing d baby...the funniest thing is that the man got himself another wife not up to 3mnths after his former wife died...
women should stop being dumb just because u want to be an obedient wife and also because u want to keep ur marriage...May God help us
Re: Ladies, The Smarter You Are, The More Likely You Are To Be Single? by ojuu4u(m): 1:50am On Dec 03, 2015
[quote author=peppyluv02 post=40602002]dundi read again..he,not a she...and too much of a man to be intimidated by any kind of woman,,his presence alone will intimidate both the woman and her smartness but still he doesn't like them dumb! And, yes he is a proud Igbo boy!

Litle wonder for u that people kip show hatred 4 u whre ever u go. Pls change ur atitude of relating wt other if u want it to be well wt u.
Re: Ladies, The Smarter You Are, The More Likely You Are To Be Single? by ojuu4u(m): 2:00am On Dec 03, 2015
sapiosexual1:

A man would always be a man. What's the meaning of a lady being too smart? A guy who is worth his onions would control his lady no matter her superior intelligence.

U said SUPERIOR INTELIGENT yet u said u wl be able to cöntro her. In wht way? Girls that "too smart" nd nt 'ordinary smart' girls o. Dnt you knw she wll be checkmating you excesively? Its only guys that are HIGHLY endured in nature can stand it. Whc are few in number hence such ladies wil be (wanderin in the wildernes of relatnshps)

1 Like

Re: Ladies, The Smarter You Are, The More Likely You Are To Be Single? by Tosinville(m): 3:52am On Dec 03, 2015
Seun:
Not true. Smart ladies always seem to be "in a committed relationship".
abi?
Re: Ladies, The Smarter You Are, The More Likely You Are To Be Single? by Adaeze003(f): 6:11am On Dec 03, 2015
"Independent but submissive"

Lehehehehe....

I find that the biggest oxymoron of all time...

You want her not to depend on you but to depend on you cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

The way I see it, men have two options. Marry a not too "smart"(in quote because no1 is truly dumb... we're just smart in different ways) girlio(probably no schooling, no drive for a career) they can control or a smart girlio they can make decisions with. There is no middle.

I repeat, there is no middle...

Should I repeat again

Ok... middle can be a runs girl... buh that one can still overshadow you sef grin grin and still give you HIV lipsrsealed

So ya'll can keep deceiving yourselves, when the time comes, you'll know the truth and it will set you free... grin grin
Re: Ladies, The Smarter You Are, The More Likely You Are To Be Single? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Dec 03, 2015
Mr love world,everyone loves you where ever you go because you are a mumu who nods head like an agama lizard even when you are insulted. That's why you need a dumb woman like you.
[quote author=ojuu4u post=40633115][/quote]
Re: Ladies, The Smarter You Are, The More Likely You Are To Be Single? by Tequilah: 12:02am On Dec 07, 2015
eyinjuege:
Smart women definitely know how to snag a guy. He wouldn't even know what hit him, but will find out he's already on the way to the altar.

A smart woman will also know how to make it seem like the proposal is all the guy's idea.

Nah!! It is the dumb ones that get the guys, fast! They have already decoded his amorous desires before he opens his mouth, and can relate with his neanderthal tendencies. So you see them hardly going contrary to the guy's wishes. All you will be hearing is "honey, what do you think?" Or "...oh, yeah baby, I agree." cheesy And the chap thinks he has gotten an obedient, docile wife material he can take home to Mama. A biddable girl who will not question his excesses, and will always be ready to fall in line with his wishes and commands. wink

But the smart girls? Hai! shocked When you ask her why she works late, or why she hasn't considered switching jobs because of the stress at work, or ask her why not work smarter instead of harder, she would recite the unemployment statistics for you, roll her eyes and tell you her mum didn't send her to school, to just give up at a challenging job or quit when things get hard. Okay, o! Meanwhile, this same girl is over 30, single and unmarried. sad

For some of them, their careers are a means of validation and they take on the most demanding assignments which stretch into ungodly hours, while they make the fatal mistake of putting promising relationships with the opposite sex, on the back burner. undecided

It took my aunt several years to learn this lesson. She got her BSc, then capped it with a Masters' degree. She later went on to enrol for Ph.D. Along the line, her boyfriend who had been dating her from her 300-level, dumped her and ended up marrying an OND holder. cry

Today, whenever she meets any suitor she carefully refrains from mentioning her MSc & Ph.D. We have taught her to act like a helpless babe, and stroke the guy's ego, so that the relationship can get to the altar. So far, it seems to be working. The new chap in her life is taking her to his village, to meet his mum over Christmas.... cheesy
Re: Ladies, The Smarter You Are, The More Likely You Are To Be Single? by Kakayaraznits(m): 12:10am On Dec 07, 2015
Smart ladies require a patient n persevering guy, who would understand her and her career (education). She's not married to it, though she's commited to it. Better days ahead.....
Re: Ladies, The Smarter You Are, The More Likely You Are To Be Single? by Tequilah: 12:49am On Dec 07, 2015
MissGdope:

Ok, we don hear. shocked I hope that by the time you clock 35 and are still single, with no suitor in sight...you would still hold fast to this conviction. undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

5 Types Of Women Who Will Only End Up Wasting Your Time / Wedding Guest Slammed For "Dancing Too Much" / Wooing(toasting) Gone Bad -if Only Money Could Buy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.