Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,051 members, 7,810,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:34 PM

Christians, Is Marrying More Than One Woman A Sin? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Christians, Is Marrying More Than One Woman A Sin? (6781 Views)

How One Woman Changed My Life Forever (pictures Added) / Can A Man love and Be sexually Faithful To One Woman? / My Girlfriend Is Marrying Someone Else (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians, Is Marrying More Than One Woman A Sin? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Dec 02, 2015
Hello Nairalanders, I was listening to a very heated argument today at work. I didn't delve into it due to my shallow knowledge of the subject of discussion. The argument was that marrying more than one woman is a sin for a Christian because it is against the tenets of Christianity and the bible itself.

There was a counter argument by someone else that so long the man marries both women according to the Christian norms and procedure, then there is no sin in it

This placed me in a quagmire.. Hence I fall to my all knowing Nairalanders grin... What do you guys think?

FREEMAN DAVID..... A Philosopher
Re: Christians, Is Marrying More Than One Woman A Sin? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Dec 02, 2015
Well bro it is clearly stated in the bible that it is good for a man to marry only one wife but it is not a sin, but let us see it this way, i dont really think it is a sin to marry more than one wife, for example if your wife goes barren or refuses to give u a male child after so many years then i think the man is justified if he marries another wife, in other sense when your wife changes her character to a troublesome one and she refuses to change then it is justifiable for a man to find solace in the hands of another woman then thirdly when you have the money to take care of a whole community then i think it is justifiable to marry another wife instead of cheating, its a matter of choice but mind you marrying of more than one wife have numerous disadvantages from jealousy to hatred to fighting and all other devilish devices so to avoid all these it is good for a man to marry one wife, it brings oneness,peace, love and understanding.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians, Is Marrying More Than One Woman A Sin? by Blizzy9ja: 5:11pm On Dec 02, 2015
Very wrong... That signifies lack of self control.
Re: Christians, Is Marrying More Than One Woman A Sin? by Adasun(m): 5:14pm On Dec 02, 2015
Frm the begining, God created them man nd woman

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christians, Is Marrying More Than One Woman A Sin? by obiorathesubtle: 5:15pm On Dec 02, 2015
Yes! It's a sin!

Religion is doing what you're being told irrespective of what is right, Logic is doing what is right irrespective of what you've been told.

The Bible says it's wrong, and doing what is wrong is a sin. Therefore it is a sin!

QED!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christians, Is Marrying More Than One Woman A Sin? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Dec 02, 2015
Yes it's a sin...

The bible says:

".... and for a Man shall leave his family and cling to his Wife (Not wives) and they shall become ONE"

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christians, Is Marrying More Than One Woman A Sin? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Dec 02, 2015
Adasun:
Frm the begining, God created them man nd woman

So

Your comment is vague sir...
Re: Christians, Is Marrying More Than One Woman A Sin? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Dec 02, 2015
obiorathesubtle:
Yes! It's a sin!

Religion is doing what you're being told irrespective of what is right, Logic is doing what is right irrespective of what you've been told.

The Bible says it's wrong, and doing what is wrong is a sin. Therefore it is a sin!

QED!

Where in the bible was it stated please? So we have a cogent knowledge.
Re: Christians, Is Marrying More Than One Woman A Sin? by Adasun(m): 5:18pm On Dec 02, 2015
Freemanan:

So
Your comment is vague sir...
because ur brain is not gving u light
Re: Christians, Is Marrying More Than One Woman A Sin? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Dec 02, 2015
Strahovski:
Yes it's a sin...

The bible says:

".... and for a Man shall leave his family and cling to his Wife (Not wives) and they shall become ONE"

I think you taking the bible for its semantic meaning is a logical misnomer... If we do this, trust me, the Bible will be vulnerable to heavy criticism.
Re: Christians, Is Marrying More Than One Woman A Sin? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Dec 02, 2015
Freemanan:

I think you taking the bible for its semantic meaning is a logical misnomer... If we do this, trust me, the Bible will be vulnerable to heavy criticism.

It works for me smiley

So yeah... I'll continue.

Do what works for you. smiley

But walk in the way of the Lord and not in the way of the world.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christians, Is Marrying More Than One Woman A Sin? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Dec 02, 2015
Adasun:
because ur brain is not gving u light

Okay
Re: Christians, Is Marrying More Than One Woman A Sin? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Dec 02, 2015
Strahovski:

It works for me smiley

So yeah... I'll continue.

Do what works for you. smiley

But walk in the way of the Lord and not in the way of the world.

Well, as you wish.. The question remains unanswered tho....
Re: Christians, Is Marrying More Than One Woman A Sin? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Dec 02, 2015
ssweetorgasm:
Well bro it is clearly stated in the bible that it is good for a man to marry only one wife but it is not a sin, but let us see it this way, i dont really think it is a sin to marry more than one wife, for example if your wife goes barren or refuses to give u a male child after so many years then i think the man is justified if he marries another wife, in other sense when your wife changes her character to a troublesome one and she refuses to change then it is justifiable for a man to find solace in the hands of another woman then thirdly when you have the money to take care of a whole community then i think it is justifiable to marry another wife instead of cheating, its a matter of choice but mind you marrying of more than one wife have numerous disadvantages from jealousy to hatred to fighting and all other devilish devices so to avoid all these it is good for a man to marry one wife, it brings oneness,peace, love and understanding.

Man, this is more reasonable even if some Christians won't like this. I believe its not a sin also but one must strife to be a one lady man...

One wife makes more happiness grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christians, Is Marrying More Than One Woman A Sin? by allytinted: 5:27pm On Dec 02, 2015
Re: Christians, Is Marrying More Than One Woman A Sin? by laurenziz6(m): 5:29pm On Dec 02, 2015
Marrying more than one wife is absolutely not a sin

Ask king Solomon he knows better

And before u say its old testament Jesus did not discourage or even said anything about marrying more than one wife

Its just the catholic church that brought that rule together with priests not marrying at all

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christians, Is Marrying More Than One Woman A Sin? by obiorathesubtle: 5:32pm On Dec 02, 2015
Freemanan:

Where in the bible was it stated please? So we have a cogent knowledge.
matthew 19:3-6...... Man shall leave his parents and cleave to his WIFE.....

Genesis 1:27 n 2:24. The TWO shall become ONE flesh

1timothy 3:2 a husband of ONE wife

Deut 17:17 neither shall he multiply wives to himself

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Christians, Is Marrying More Than One Woman A Sin? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Dec 02, 2015
laurenziz6:
Marrying more than one wife is absolutely not a sin

Ask king Solomon he knows better

And before u say its old testament Jesus did not discourage or even said anything about marrying more than one wife

Its just the catholic church that brought that rule together with priests not marrying at all

See them...

So you are among those who only read the book of SONGS OF SOLOMON.... Baddoo grin
Re: Christians, Is Marrying More Than One Woman A Sin? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Dec 02, 2015
obiorathesubtle:
matthew 19:3-6...... Man shall leave his parents and cleave to his WIFE.....

Genesis 1:27 n 2:24. The TWO shall become ONE flesh

1timothy 3:2 a husband of ONE wife

Deut 17:17 neither shall he multiply wives to himself

1 Share

Re: Christians, Is Marrying More Than One Woman A Sin? by Exponental(m): 5:38pm On Dec 02, 2015
In Catholic, a man with more than a wife does not take Holy Communion...
Re: Christians, Is Marrying More Than One Woman A Sin? by obiorathesubtle: 5:39pm On Dec 02, 2015
[quote author=Freemanan post=40619983][/quote]now. I close this case! It has been settled!

Those two aren't niggas. The one on the left is an egotistic bowditch! The one on the right is just an exceptionally brilliant artist

But, you remain ma nigga!
Re: Christians, Is Marrying More Than One Woman A Sin? by Blizzy9ja: 5:39pm On Dec 02, 2015
ssweetorgasm:
The enbolded points are so African and primitive... Come on!

Must you have a male child to feel satisfied? Gush!

Your wife cannot just change her character all of a sudden, rather than taking another wife u fix it

How many wives does the Bill Gate of this world have? That guy can take care of ur state... I dey shame for you

1 Like

Re: Christians, Is Marrying More Than One Woman A Sin? by DuchessLily(f): 5:39pm On Dec 02, 2015
ssweetorgasm:

At bolded - is it the woman who is to agree whether to give birth to a male child or not?? shocked undecided

1 Like

Re: Christians, Is Marrying More Than One Woman A Sin? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Dec 02, 2015
Exponental:

And even title or ordination...
Re: Christians, Is Marrying More Than One Woman A Sin? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Dec 02, 2015
obiorathesubtle:
now. I close this case! It has been settled!

Those two aren't niggas. The one on the left is an egotistic bowditch! The one on the right is just an exceptionally brilliant artist

But, you remain ma nigga!

All these Pro-Messi

Re: Christians, Is Marrying More Than One Woman A Sin? by itstpia8: 5:49pm On Dec 02, 2015
ssweetorgasm:
if your wife . . . refuses to give u a male child .

i dont get this part, can you explain.

1 Like

Re: Christians, Is Marrying More Than One Woman A Sin? by itstpia8: 5:50pm On Dec 02, 2015
topic

your thread title should say non-Christians.
Re: Christians, Is Marrying More Than One Woman A Sin? by firstking01(m): 5:50pm On Dec 02, 2015
Freemanan:
Hello Nairalanders, I was listening to a very heated argument today at work. I didn't delve into it due to my shallow knowledge of the subject of discussion. The argument was that marrying more than one woman is a sin for a Christian because it is against the tenets of Christianity and the bible itself.

There was a counter argument by someone else that so long the man marries both women according to the Christian norms and procedure, then there is no sin in it

This placed me in a quagmire.. Hence I fall to my all knowing Nairalanders grin... What do you guys think?

u sef eh...@tleast d story of solomon shud av tot u smtin.
Re: Christians, Is Marrying More Than One Woman A Sin? by Cutehector(m): 5:51pm On Dec 02, 2015
Personaly, i dont encourage marrying more dan one woman.. If i marry her and maybe something comes up which is that bad, i'd be patient...
Re: Christians, Is Marrying More Than One Woman A Sin? by thorpido(m): 5:51pm On Dec 02, 2015
ssweetorgasm:
I'm just laughing at the bolded and smh.

1 Like

Re: Christians, Is Marrying More Than One Woman A Sin? by Exponental(m): 5:51pm On Dec 02, 2015
Re: Christians, Is Marrying More Than One Woman A Sin? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Dec 02, 2015
Blizzy9ja:
The enbolded points are so African and primitive... Come on!

Must you have a male child to feel satisfied? Gush!

Your wife cannot just change her character all of a sudden, rather than taking another wife u fix it

How many wives does Bill Gate of this world have? That guy can take care of ur state... I dey shame for you

Mate, let's be realistic. Africans still give credence and preference to male children. It has brought about the end of numerous unions and caused infidelity.. So it still exist and he was right to point it out...

As primitive and repugnant as it sounds, it is still happening....

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Friend Is Pregnant For Me! / When A Calabar Girl Enters Shoprite For The First Time (photo) / Why Most Of Our Girls Are Turning To Olosho

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.