Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

Christians, Is Marrying More Than One Woman A Sin? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Christians, Is Marrying More Than One Woman A Sin? (6812 Views)

How One Woman Changed My Life Forever (pictures Added) / Can A Man love and Be sexually Faithful To One Woman? / My Girlfriend Is Marrying Someone Else (2) (3) (4)

Re: Christians, Is Marrying More Than One Woman A Sin? by heykims(m): 5:52pm On Dec 02, 2015
The last time I checked, the Father of Christianity Abraham had more than one. Some ignoramus call it adultery, a whole Father of Christianity

Re: Christians, Is Marrying More Than One Woman A Sin? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 02, 2015
DuchessLily:

At bolded - is it the woman who is to agree whether to give birth to a male child or not?? shocked undecided

Love, men lost rationality when situations like this arise... You should know this.
Re: Christians, Is Marrying More Than One Woman A Sin? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Dec 02, 2015
heykims:
The last time I checked, the Father of Christianity Abraham had more than one. Some ignoramus call it adultery, a whole Father of Christianity
FATHER OF CHRISTIANITY? YOU SHOULD KNIW THATS A METAPHOR. AND BECAUSE HE DID IT DOESNT MAKE IT RIGHT ....
Re: Christians, Is Marrying More Than One Woman A Sin? by thorpido(m): 5:56pm On Dec 02, 2015
laurenziz6:
Marrying more than one wife is absolutely not a sin

Ask king Solomon he knows better

And before u say its old testament Jesus did not discourage or even said anything about marrying more than one wife

Its just the catholic church that brought that rule together with priests not marrying at all
You need accurate knowledge of scriptures.Jesus said,ye err not knowing the scriptures....
Re: Christians, Is Marrying More Than One Woman A Sin? by firstking01(m): 5:56pm On Dec 02, 2015
ssweetorgasm:
Well bro it is clearly stated in the bible that it is good for a man to marry only one wife but it is not a sin, but let us see it this way, i dont really think it is a sin to marry more than one wife, for example if your wife goes barren or refuses to give u a male child after so many years then i think the man is justified if he marries another wife, in other sense when your wife changes her character to a troublesome one and she refuses to change then it is justifiable for a man to find solace in the hands of another woman then thirdly when you have the money to take care of a whole community then i think it is justifiable to marry another wife instead of cheating, its a matter of choice but mind you marrying of more than one wife have numerous disadvantages from jealousy to hatred to fighting and all other devilish devices so to avoid all these it is good for a man to marry one wife, it brings oneness,peace, love and understanding.
smh, all ur scenarious and analysis are babash,,,stp confusing yasef young man, btw, where do u worship, i'd like u to really ansa dis ?, cus u dnt sound lyk u av one iota of d knwledge of d word,,,wich church u dey go, cus u sound phylosophical
Re: Christians, Is Marrying More Than One Woman A Sin? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Dec 02, 2015
firstking01:
u sef eh...@tleast d story of solomon shud av tot u smtin.

This is a blunt Non Sequitur ...
Re: Christians, Is Marrying More Than One Woman A Sin? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Dec 02, 2015
thorpido:
You need accurate knowledge of scriptures.Jesus said,ye err not knowing the scriptures....

This is why the Jews are better Than the Christians... They adhere to the Mosaic law... But Christians prefer to interpret it as they understand.
Smh
Re: Christians, Is Marrying More Than One Woman A Sin? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Dec 02, 2015
firstking01:
smh, all ur scenarious and analysis are babash,,,stp confusing yasef young man, btw, where do u worship, i'd like u to really ansa dis ?, cus u dnt sound lyk u av one iota of d knwledge of d word,,,wich church u dey go, cus u sound phylosophical

Ad Hominem
Re: Christians, Is Marrying More Than One Woman A Sin? by thorpido(m): 6:01pm On Dec 02, 2015
heykims:
Abraham is not the father of Christianity.He is called the father of faith and a jew who was also called a friend of God.
Re: Christians, Is Marrying More Than One Woman A Sin? by thorpido(m): 6:03pm On Dec 02, 2015
Freemanan:

This is why the Jews are better Than the Christians... They adhere to the Mosaic law... But Christians prefer to interpret it as they understand.
Smh
You do not understand the purpose of Christ.
Re: Christians, Is Marrying More Than One Woman A Sin? by laurenziz6(m): 6:03pm On Dec 02, 2015
thorpido:

Okay enlighten me ye that knoweth
Re: Christians, Is Marrying More Than One Woman A Sin? by firstking01(m): 6:05pm On Dec 02, 2015
ppl knw d truth, bt dey'd always wanna analys d bible to suit their life style...God has a standard and it cannot be altered or compromised...go read 1st cor 7, frm vs 1 mayb to 10 for clearity sake. I bow out.
Re: Christians, Is Marrying More Than One Woman A Sin? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Dec 02, 2015
thorpido:
You do not understand the purpose of Christ.

Help me understand sir...
Re: Christians, Is Marrying More Than One Woman A Sin? by FREEEMANAN(m): 6:10pm On Dec 02, 2015
Endtime staffs, discussing endtime topic and brought here by endtime Op....

Re: Christians, Is Marrying More Than One Woman A Sin? by firstking01(m): 6:11pm On Dec 02, 2015
[quote author=Freemanan post=40620828]
Ad Hominem[/quoteits a big sin.
Re: Christians, Is Marrying More Than One Woman A Sin? by firstking01(m): 6:11pm On Dec 02, 2015
[quote author=Freemanan post=40620828]
Ad Hominem[/quoteits a big sin.
Re: Christians, Is Marrying More Than One Woman A Sin? by FREEEMANAN(m): 6:11pm On Dec 02, 2015
itstpia8:
topic

your thread title should say non-Christians.
Re: Christians, Is Marrying More Than One Woman A Sin? by thorpido(m): 6:12pm On Dec 02, 2015
Freemanan:

Help me understand sir...
The purpose of Christ is to redeem man and give him eternal life so he can have the righteousness of God.
A man who has the righteousness of God does not have to keep Mosaic laws.He is no longer under the law.
Re: Christians, Is Marrying More Than One Woman A Sin? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Dec 02, 2015
thorpido:
The purpose of Christ is to redeem man and give him eternal life so he can have the righteousness of God.
A man who has the righteousness of God does not have to keep Mosaic laws.He is no longer under the law.

Okay...

But this new law is almost impossible for the "righteous man" to keep obviously.
Re: Christians, Is Marrying More Than One Woman A Sin? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Dec 02, 2015
firstking01:
ppl knw d truth, bt dey'd always wanna analys d bible to suit their life style...God has a standard and it cannot be altered or compromised...go read 1st cor 7, frm vs 1 mayb to 10 for clearity sake. I bow out.

Yeah. Religious relativism
Re: Christians, Is Marrying More Than One Woman A Sin? by thorpido(m): 6:18pm On Dec 02, 2015
laurenziz6:

Okay enlighten me ye that knoweth
Jesus did speak about a man and one wife.
When the jews came to ask him about divorce and remarrying,He said God's purpose from the beginning was for the man to have one wife just as God created one woman Eve for Adam.
He said God created them male and female,not male and females.Matt. 19
Re: Christians, Is Marrying More Than One Woman A Sin? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Dec 02, 2015
FREEEMANAN:
Endtime staffs, discussing endtime topic and brought here by endtime Op....

Et tu my Cousin?

cry
Re: Christians, Is Marrying More Than One Woman A Sin? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Dec 02, 2015
[quote author=firstking01 post=40621217][/quote]

Well, that's why we have various denominations with their ways of translating the bible...
Re: Christians, Is Marrying More Than One Woman A Sin? by firstking01(m): 6:20pm On Dec 02, 2015
Freemanan:

Yeah. Religious relativism
i present u dis day, truth and heresy, i beseech u my brother to chose d truth so u might livewink
Re: Christians, Is Marrying More Than One Woman A Sin? by FREEEMANAN(m): 6:21pm On Dec 02, 2015
Freemanan:

Et tu my Cousin?

cry
Re: Christians, Is Marrying More Than One Woman A Sin? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Dec 02, 2015
thorpido:
Jesus did speak about a man and one wife.
When the jews came to ask him about divorce and remarrying,He said God's purpose from the beginning was for the man to have one wife just as God created one woman Eve for Adam.
He said God created them male and female,not male and females.Matt. 19

So you really believe God created one man and one woman which led to the world we have today

Wooow....
Re: Christians, Is Marrying More Than One Woman A Sin? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Dec 02, 2015
firstking01:
i present u dis day, truth and heresy, i beseech u my brother to chose d truth so u might livewink

Re: Christians, Is Marrying More Than One Woman A Sin? by hoobs(m): 6:28pm On Dec 02, 2015
thorpido:
hmmmm,dis people self!,you dnt keep d law again?
Re: Christians, Is Marrying More Than One Woman A Sin? by thorpido(m): 6:30pm On Dec 02, 2015
Freemanan:

So you really believe God created one man and one woman which led to the world we have today

Wooow....
You think human beings evolved from apes?
Re: Christians, Is Marrying More Than One Woman A Sin? by firstking01(m): 6:30pm On Dec 02, 2015
heykims:
and who told u abraham was father of christianity?, and for d records, christianity started in antioch. Also, to hlp remind u dat God called those abraham days, the days of ignorance which God overlooked their sins...as far as jesus has come dwn to die for us...gone are d days of ignorance...jesus dint even av tym for marriage, let alone marrying more dan one wife...read 1st cor 7. I bounce...may lalasticlala dem will creat a speial section for bible studies, cus wen it comes to bible, we get plent dunce and dumbress, dat i av noticed even b4 i joined nl few weeks ago. Na only woman talk una sabi here.
Re: Christians, Is Marrying More Than One Woman A Sin? by thorpido(m): 6:31pm On Dec 02, 2015
hoobs:
hmmmm,dis people self!,you dnt keep d law again?
What law?
Re: Christians, Is Marrying More Than One Woman A Sin? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Dec 02, 2015
thorpido:
You think human beings evolved from apes?

Hell no... I believe man evolved... From various explanations... Not Apes...

5 Ways To Prevent Pregnancy Without Using Condom / I Think I Am Tired Of My Wife / My Good Friend Who Happened To Be My Ex Just Sent Me Her Sex Video.