Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,660 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

Things You Shouldn't Be Ashamed Of Doing Or Asking When With The Opposite Sex - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Things You Shouldn't Be Ashamed Of Doing Or Asking When With The Opposite Sex (82288 Views)

'Edo Ladies In Italy Have Sex In The Bush, I'm Ashamed Of Them" - Edo Guy / I'm So Ashamed Of Guys Who Do This..... / I Am Ashamed Of Myself Right Now... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things You Shouldn't Be Ashamed Of Doing Or Asking When With The Opposite Sex by Cutehector(m): 9:52am On Dec 03, 2015
So many times we try too hard to impress people, and the outcome is really that bad.. Though i stand to be corrected, buh in my opinion, i find some things very okay when one is in company with the opposite sex... Wana knw them? wink

1. Its very ok to share the bills when you are on a date with the opposite sex

Now guys and ladies have this mentality that its the guy dat is very much supposed to foot all the bills on a date... And then after all the nice time you two spend together, the guy feels its his right to sleep with the babe.. That mentality shouldnt be so.. I believe that two matured people who are on a date should share in footing the bills if need arises. its so not shameful.. It doesnt reduce ur ego..

2. Its not a crime to ask the opposite sex for assistance especially financial assistance.

Yeah, sometimes we get so broke in life, even to buy 100 naira airtym is a problem, and u have this bestie who is of the opposite sex, i really dont think its a crime to ask him/her for assistance.. Most guys be like, mehn i cant ask any girl for money, and as d big olodo you are, that same babe will suck u dry and even ur last card, u will give to her.. Buh to quit the ego when you are in need is a problem... Its not shameful tho.. Buh do not make the mistake of asking all and sundry for assistance, just ur very close friends..

3. Its not shameful to assist the opposite sex in doing chores.

Now this is meant for those who r very very close to each other... You have a girlfriend or a boyfriend and lets say you two live together, boyfrnd is sick or girlfriend is sick and you as the partner is very much hale and hearty, its so not shameful to assist him or her in washing their clothes, especially his/her undies.. Yeeeah grin i know right..

4: its very very ok to for a guy and a girl to hold hands when walking in public...

Some people are so so timid or uptight in their character, even when with the opposite sex, they still feel that awkwardness.. There are quite a good number of PDAs that aren't shameful to practice in public like holding hands while walking, holding each other by the waist, etc.. To me these aint dat shameful.. Unless you are embarrassed about him or her in public.. Sometimes, people judge a lot, their mindset are so so myopic that they see these acts like immoral.. Please if you are of that category, quit the habit and mind your business.

5. Its so not shameful for a guy to assist his female friend or boss to carry their handbags should they feel incapacitated to do so at that moment

Now many guys find it difficult to help their female friend with her handbag. She may want to get something or maybe holding too many things with her hands, its so not shameful to tell her, hey leme help u with one of them, maybe your handbag.. It just wouldnt reduce our ego, would it? wink

cool

66 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Things You Shouldn't Be Ashamed Of Doing Or Asking When With The Opposite Sex by Nobody: 9:53am On Dec 03, 2015
Cutehector ure so so on point, as in i often see ladies as a pest to some of my guys, all they do is just ask ask and ask, i personally will never woo a broke lady, i go for the rich ladies, u can call me a player, i dont care, becaus i know when im broke, my lady will always be there to support me. "and on the issue of holding the hands of my lady in a public environ, im addicted to holding the hand of any lady when in a public place, be it my sisters,friends or girlfriend.

28 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Things You Shouldn't Be Ashamed Of Doing Or Asking When With The Opposite Sex by laurenziz6(m): 9:54am On Dec 03, 2015
For this country?/

6 Likes

Re: Things You Shouldn't Be Ashamed Of Doing Or Asking When With The Opposite Sex by Nobody: 9:55am On Dec 03, 2015
Confirm

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Things You Shouldn't Be Ashamed Of Doing Or Asking When With The Opposite Sex by sladimeji(m): 9:55am On Dec 03, 2015
ssweetorgasm:
FTC
abuja

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Things You Shouldn't Be Ashamed Of Doing Or Asking When With The Opposite Sex by Cutehector(m): 9:56am On Dec 03, 2015
laurenziz6:
For this country?/
as in eh.. We nigerians are so so uptight in lil things

3 Likes

Re: Things You Shouldn't Be Ashamed Of Doing Or Asking When With The Opposite Sex by boboLIL(m): 9:58am On Dec 03, 2015
This topic is one of the reasons I love dis gal I'm dating... A nigerian wid white gals' mentality....I call her my guy...

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Things You Shouldn't Be Ashamed Of Doing Or Asking When With The Opposite Sex by IamLEGEND1: 9:58am On Dec 03, 2015
hold each other's waist abi?

make God catch u say her papa na mobile police & him dey do patrol that day.

98 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things You Shouldn't Be Ashamed Of Doing Or Asking When With The Opposite Sex by Cutehector(m): 9:59am On Dec 03, 2015
boboLIL:
This topic is one of the reasons I love dis gal I'm dating... A nigerian wid white gals' mentality....I call her my guy...
lol.. Such girls r very rare to find.. Neva let go of her

11 Likes

Re: Things You Shouldn't Be Ashamed Of Doing Or Asking When With The Opposite Sex by Cutehector(m): 9:59am On Dec 03, 2015
IamLEGEND1:

hahaha.. Thats the problem.. Fear of what people will say or do...
Re: Things You Shouldn't Be Ashamed Of Doing Or Asking When With The Opposite Sex by Nobody: 10:01am On Dec 03, 2015
sladimeji:
abuja
LOL

1 Like

Re: Things You Shouldn't Be Ashamed Of Doing Or Asking When With The Opposite Sex by Mhizkel(f): 10:02am On Dec 03, 2015
You shouldn't be ashamed to kiss in public toocheesy

19 Likes

Re: Things You Shouldn't Be Ashamed Of Doing Or Asking When With The Opposite Sex by Cutehector(m): 10:02am On Dec 03, 2015
ssweetorgasm:
Cutehector ure so so on point, as in i often see ladies as a pest to some of my guys, all they do is just ask ask and ask, i personally will never woo a broke lady, i go for the rich ladies, u can call me a player, i dont care, becaus i know when im broke, my lady will always be there to support me. "and on the issue of holding the hands of my lady in a public environ, im addicted to holding the hand of any lady when in a public place, be it my sisters,friends or girlfriend.
well, whateva makes your ministry move to the permanent site, neva stop doing it... As long as it is legal

Nice one cool

2 Likes

Re: Things You Shouldn't Be Ashamed Of Doing Or Asking When With The Opposite Sex by boboLIL(m): 10:02am On Dec 03, 2015
Cutehector:
lol.. Such girls r very rare to find.. Neva let go of her
seriously,,, so rare...na aradite and superglue I use hold am oh

16 Likes

Re: Things You Shouldn't Be Ashamed Of Doing Or Asking When With The Opposite Sex by Cutehector(m): 10:04am On Dec 03, 2015
Mhizkel:
You shouldn't be ashamed to kiss in public toocheesy
mhizkel u and i knw very well that is very very very hard to do.. grin

1 Like

Re: Things You Shouldn't Be Ashamed Of Doing Or Asking When With The Opposite Sex by ShayGirl(f): 10:07am On Dec 03, 2015
Wow! i totally agree with u on dis one hector.gringrin

1 Like

Re: Things You Shouldn't Be Ashamed Of Doing Or Asking When With The Opposite Sex by Cronnie7: 10:08am On Dec 03, 2015
Emm...cutehector....that undies stuff... lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: Things You Shouldn't Be Ashamed Of Doing Or Asking When With The Opposite Sex by Mhizkel(f): 10:08am On Dec 03, 2015
Cutehector:
mhizkel u and i knw very well that is very very very hard to do.. grin
Only in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Things You Shouldn't Be Ashamed Of Doing Or Asking When With The Opposite Sex by IamLEGEND1: 10:10am On Dec 03, 2015
Cutehector:
hahaha.. Thats the problem.. Fear of what people will say or do...
You know there's this line in a captain america movie-"...public displays of affection makes people uncomfortable..."

it was just a forgettable line a movie but I actually noticed that it was kinda true.... it just depends on how well the people of that country/state/community have learnt to just mind their business.

But u know say for naija we no get chill at all.......holding hands is generally o.k but when u start holding waist and stuff then you're really pushing it.....all these old women wey no get joy fit walk up to una start to dey misyarn.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things You Shouldn't Be Ashamed Of Doing Or Asking When With The Opposite Sex by Cutehector(m): 10:11am On Dec 03, 2015
Mhizkel:

Only in Nigeria.
even some new wedded couples find it hard to kiss in public in nigeria durin dr wedin ceremony... cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Things You Shouldn't Be Ashamed Of Doing Or Asking When With The Opposite Sex by Cutehector(m): 10:13am On Dec 03, 2015
IamLEGEND1:
You know there's this line in a captain america movie-"...public displays of affection makes people uncomfortable..."

it was just a forgettable line a movie but I actually noticed that it was kinda true.... it just depends on how well the people of that country/state/community have learnt to just mind their business.

But u know say for naija we no get chill at all.......holding hands is generally o.k but when u start holding waist and stuff then you're really pushing it.....all these old women wey no get joy fit walk up to una start to dey misyarn.
hahahahahaha.. They will just begin to gossip.. They will be like, mama chioma, how is ur daughter, i saw her on the road last week.... grin

19 Likes

Re: Things You Shouldn't Be Ashamed Of Doing Or Asking When With The Opposite Sex by Cutehector(m): 10:14am On Dec 03, 2015
ShayGirl:
Wow! i totally agree with u on dis one hector.gringrin
lol thanks shaygirl..btw, happy birthday..
Re: Things You Shouldn't Be Ashamed Of Doing Or Asking When With The Opposite Sex by Cutehector(m): 10:15am On Dec 03, 2015
Cronnie7:
Emm...cutehector....that undies stuff... lipsrsealed
its not w bad thing, is it? I personally dnt see any wrong in a girl washin a guy's undies and a guy washn a girl's undies.. I duno abt yhu..

2 Likes

Re: Things You Shouldn't Be Ashamed Of Doing Or Asking When With The Opposite Sex by Nobody: 10:25am On Dec 03, 2015
But some guys hate carrying the handbag for a girl when walking on the road.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things You Shouldn't Be Ashamed Of Doing Or Asking When With The Opposite Sex by Nobody: 10:26am On Dec 03, 2015
Nice write-up.
Re: Things You Shouldn't Be Ashamed Of Doing Or Asking When With The Opposite Sex by Cutehector(m): 10:26am On Dec 03, 2015
Adaure4ever:
But some guys hate carrying the handbag for a girl when walking on the road.
wow, nice one.. I'll add that to my post.... I feel its because of the ego.. And sentiments of people
Re: Things You Shouldn't Be Ashamed Of Doing Or Asking When With The Opposite Sex by Cutehector(m): 10:27am On Dec 03, 2015
NewSheriff:
Nice write-up.
thanks bro

2 Likes

Re: Things You Shouldn't Be Ashamed Of Doing Or Asking When With The Opposite Sex by ShayGirl(f): 10:28am On Dec 03, 2015
Cutehector:
lol thanks shaygirl..btw, happy birthday..
grin grin grin. Thanx dearie!!
Re: Things You Shouldn't Be Ashamed Of Doing Or Asking When With The Opposite Sex by Mhizkel(f): 10:39am On Dec 03, 2015
Cutehector:
even some new wedded couples find it hard to kiss in public in nigeria durin dr wedin ceremony... cheesy

Kikikikiki...Shame on themgrin

I like to go public thocheesy

1 Like

Re: Things You Shouldn't Be Ashamed Of Doing Or Asking When With The Opposite Sex by Nobody: 10:39am On Dec 03, 2015
I see all these as normal and do all with my closest female friends.
When we hang out, we split bills. I'm not ashamed to ask for help, everyone gets in a fix sometime. I help a little when I visit and I absolutely love PDA, but that one is reserved for one cheesy.

The Nigerian culture always portrays the man as being regnant, so there's this unnecessary ego. Shouldn't always be.

*modified*
Carry handbag? Say wetin happen na? That is a big NO!

3 Likes

Re: Things You Shouldn't Be Ashamed Of Doing Or Asking When With The Opposite Sex by Cutehector(m): 11:57am On Dec 03, 2015
Mhizkel:

Kikikikiki...Shame on themgrin

I like to go public thocheesy
me too..
Re: Things You Shouldn't Be Ashamed Of Doing Or Asking When With The Opposite Sex by girlhaley(f): 12:17pm On Dec 03, 2015
IamLEGEND1:

Lmao.....Na that day u go smell ur ynash

cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What's The Craziest Thing An Ex Did To You Shortly After A Break Up? / I Slept With My Boss Recently By Mistake But Now I Am.... / #BottleCapChallenge: Lady Opens A Bottle With Her Chest, Gets Hailed (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.