Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,817 members, 7,817,379 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up (45912 Views)

Ghana's Deputy Minister Of Transport Bans Preaching In Public Buses in Ghana / Bishop David Abioye Preaching In Nasarawa State / Policewoman Spotted Preaching In A Bus In Lagos Today: (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by menix(m): 8:32am On Dec 05, 2015
The man think say him dey Lagos Molue..

End Time Preacher..

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by Lanretoye(m): 8:32am On Dec 05, 2015
Those people can so disturb person...

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by gist4kidsblog: 8:33am On Dec 05, 2015
grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by Idrismusty97(m): 8:33am On Dec 05, 2015
hahn:

Really? Care to prove this?

Let me start, Europeans have fewer corrupt officials and a working society and they don't burn suspected thieves in broad daylight.

Nigerians have at least 90% corrupt officials since 1960, nothing works and we burn thieves at the slightest accusation.

Your turn undecided
That's my point, Yet we are holier smiley.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by paxonel(m): 8:34am On Dec 05, 2015
Bible did not say preach to Christian nations, Uk is predominantly christians.
Bible says preach nations like Bagdad, Kabul, where there are predominantly ISIS
or better still, Bornu state where there are boko haram is not far
you can preach there

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by Nobody: 8:34am On Dec 05, 2015
Imagine this happened in nigeria
Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by rezy15(m): 8:35am On Dec 05, 2015
hahn:

Let me start, Europeans have fewer corrupt officials and a working society and they don't burn suspected thieves in broad daylight.

Nigerians have at least 90% corrupt officials since 1960, nothing works and we burn thieves at the slightest accusation.

Your turn undecided
You didn't even understand the sarcasm in his statement. Smh.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by Rashycoolbabe(f): 8:35am On Dec 05, 2015
makzeze:
Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up Or They Call The Police

A Nigerian man took to a London bus and starting constituting a nuisance of himself there preaching. In the UK, he would most likely be disturbing the peace and could be arrested. The preacher kept insisting that the passengers hear him out ‘because I am preaching the word of life.’

An annoyed female passenger who was obviously frustrated with the preacher’s refusal to get off the bus yelled at him, ‘Idiot!’ He further shocked passengers with his refusal to get off the bus and just stayed on disturbing the peace. It became so embarrasing that the driver stopped the bus and told the passengers he wasn’t moving the vehicle till the preacher gets off.

Another visibly angry passenger even yelled at the preacher threatening to call the police. She was even backed by another man who insisted the preacher must get off the bus or get arrested.

‘Well, it’s up to you,’ the preacher replied.

http://amebobook.com/nigerian-man-starts-preaching-in-london-bus-and-is-told-to-shut-up-or-they-call-the-police/
I smell discrimination
Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by marshallmoni(m): 8:35am On Dec 05, 2015
End time passengers grin
Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by Emperortj93(m): 8:36am On Dec 05, 2015
I wish i can do same here in nigeria without people casting and binding me

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by rufaikoko(m): 8:36am On Dec 05, 2015
politricks:
And these are the people that brought christianity to us. Africa wake up.
Tell them my broad.
Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by rufaikoko(m): 8:36am On Dec 05, 2015
politricks:
Tell them my broda.
Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by freecocoa(f): 8:38am On Dec 05, 2015
Very good.

Omo, the day I told a preacher in a bus, to please lower his voice so I can take a call, the "holy ghost fire" that was thrown at me that day was something else, I literally would've burnt to death, if only that rubbish was real.

Naija and ignorance are like siamese twins.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by Btruth: 8:38am On Dec 05, 2015
Idrismusty97:
Both Africa Muslims and Christians are now more holier than the people who brought the religion for them.
Yeah....., because we only practice religious here? while they are more humane than going to either church or mosque. God looks into the hearts not the outward appearances. angry sad

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by Atmmachine(m): 8:39am On Dec 05, 2015
You don't try that religious shiit here in America.
Be you a christian, Muslim, We don't care.

One time, the city council came to tell my neighbor to keep down the smell of the food he was cooking, i died while laughing.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by maxxhanzel: 8:39am On Dec 05, 2015
Emm think say na lag he dey
Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by Nobody: 8:40am On Dec 05, 2015
Sai BUHARI
Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by staymore: 8:40am On Dec 05, 2015
politricks:

Nigerians always trying to be holier than the pope.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by InvertedHammer: 8:41am On Dec 05, 2015
/
You get on the bus to travel from Lagos to Abuja.

5mins after departure, there is a tap on the roof.

Standing right in your front is God's punishment for being poor.

From prayers to preaching to selling medications.

The nuisance just won't shut up. And lest you be accused of serving a marine spirit, all the passenger refuse to speak up against the merchant of death.

Suffering and smiling--the Nigerian anthem.
/

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by Sheikwonder(m): 8:41am On Dec 05, 2015
hahn:

Your turn undecided

I think you are misconstruing the author.

I think he meant holier in the sense that Africans have generally taken Christianity and Islam too far,much more than those who originally practised it.

To put it in local parlance:

"Africa don carry oyinbo mata for head"...

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by lonelydora: 8:42am On Dec 05, 2015
He thought he could behave the way he does in Lagos molues. I hope he wasn't even planning to sell drugs after preaching?

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by meritamarachi(f): 8:42am On Dec 05, 2015
disturbing public peace
Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by nikkiking(m): 8:43am On Dec 05, 2015
grin Am disappointed sad

How can I believe this.

No name, no pishure angry
Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by Arielle: 8:44am On Dec 05, 2015
Guess you didn't see his tongue firmly in his cheek eh?
hahn:

Your turn undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by otiigba1(m): 8:45am On Dec 05, 2015
Idrismusty97:
Very good. Shove your messages up your àss.
and they also introduced us to the so caled bible he must have been reading from. One begins to wonder

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by malvisguy212: 8:45am On Dec 05, 2015
All those who are condemning this preacher, what if the man is a genuine preacher's ? Romans 10 from verse 14 say;

14 How, then, can they call on the one
they have not believed in? And how can
they believe in the one of whom they
have NOT HEARD? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? 15And how can anyone preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!”[ g]
16 But not all the Israelites accepted the
good news. For Isaiah says, “Lord, who
has believed our message?”[ h] 17
Consequently, faith comes from hearing
the message, and the message is heard
through the word about Christ. 18 But I
ask: Did they not hear? Of course they
did:
“Their voice has gone out into all the
earth,their words to the ends of the world.”[i]
19 Again I ask: Did Israel not understand? First, Moses says,
“I will make you envious by those who
are not a nation;
I will make you angry by a nation that
has no understanding.”[ j]
20 And Isaiah boldly says,
“I was found by those who did not seek
me;
I revealed myself to those who did not
ask for me.”[ k]
21 But concerning Israel he says,
“All day long I have held out my hands
to a disobedient and obstinate people.”[l]

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by stagger: 8:45am On Dec 05, 2015
He could have passed on the same message by sharing tracts to everyone in the bus. That way, he still achieves his purpose and does not cause a public nuisance.

This is what the bible calls zeal without wisdom.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by donbenie(m): 8:46am On Dec 05, 2015
hahn:

Your turn undecided
It's called SARCASM,the guy was being sarcastic in his statement..
Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by donbenie(m): 8:47am On Dec 05, 2015
hahn:

Your turn undecided
It's called SARCASM,the guy was being sarcastic in his statement,meaning he's projecting the direct opposite of what you thought he meant..
Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by lovely17(m): 8:50am On Dec 05, 2015
Sighs this annoys me like hell especially in Lagos Trains and BRTs, some don't even preach they just come to Advertise fake drugs mtchew

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nairalander's Church Picnic In Russia: Photos / What A Mathematician Friend Told Pastor Adeboye / TB Joshua Exposes Shrine Where Elderly 'priests' Enslave, Sleep With Virgins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.