Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,501 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up (45914 Views)

Ghana's Deputy Minister Of Transport Bans Preaching In Public Buses in Ghana / Bishop David Abioye Preaching In Nasarawa State / Policewoman Spotted Preaching In A Bus In Lagos Today: (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by tenderlaw(m): 9:24am On Dec 05, 2015
malvisguy212:
the reason it is annoying you is because you are NOT allowing the HOLY spirit to convicte you. You are substituting holy for corruption. My good friend, this preachers will not received INSULT if their message is not true, I mean the apostles will not give their LIFE for false doctrine. Thank you.

You are a concrete zombie for this statement. What stops them from going to Sambisa/Afghanistan /Saudi Arabia to preach? Are those places not worthy of d message?

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by unicislander(m): 9:28am On Dec 05, 2015
dominique:
When in Rome, act like the Romans. He should have taken some time to observe his environment and find out what applies. What is obtainable in Nigeria may not be obtainable in the UK.

I concur with this post. Concerning this matter, this is my position too. Because it is acceptable in Nigeria does not mean it will be acceptable elsewhere.
Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by Juxtified(m): 9:29am On Dec 05, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Nobody is saying he shouldn't preach, but he should do it in the appropriate place. That it's done in Nigeria doesn't mean it's done so in other climes.
The Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ cannot be subjected to appropriateness. If the Spirit gives him the nudging to preach to the president of the US during a dinner section, then he should go ahead. Like i said b4, it doesn't have to be acceptable. I won't be suprised uf even in the rejection he experienced in the bus, some people will still go & meet him 'Nicodemously' to get his number and ask questions. Then his work would hav been done.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by Godsfamilymemba: 9:30am On Dec 05, 2015
No problem. Those who preach with bombs are watching. cool
Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by lordmagic(m): 9:32am On Dec 05, 2015
Dat man must hav becom CHOSEN mopol resently! Dey ar like Chelsea fans,dey make noise anywia dey ar.
Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by Godsfamilymemba: 9:35am On Dec 05, 2015
Juxtified:

The Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ cannot be subjected to appropriateness. If the Spirit gives him the nudging to preach to the president of the US during a dinner section, then he should go ahead.

I agree. Just that we don't have all the information.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by Baroba(m): 9:37am On Dec 05, 2015
plaetton:
Funny thing is that the same slowpoke would have lied to his teeth to get UK visa, lied to his teeth to claim refugee status, lied to his teeth to get immigration and other government documents or IDs , and may probably lie to his teeth to be on the dole.

Then he hops on a bus and starts preaching , making no connections between his own moral shortcomings and the crap he thinks he is preaching. undecided

I just wonder how someone from a certified FAILED STATE can run and lie his way to a Better , Working Society, then starts telling the people , on whose benevolence he depends, that they should adopt his primitive worldview , , .same primitive worldview that renders him an economic refugee. undecided

I always amazes me when I see third world economic refugees( particularly Nigerians) , hawking Stone-age myths to the modern citizens of their benefactor nations.

Religion is Stuuuuupid.

Yes sirrrr, you sure know the deal..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by Trustworthiness: 9:42am On Dec 05, 2015
Idrismusty97:
Both Africa Muslims and Christians are now more holier than the people who brought the religion for them.

Majority are hypocrites not holier.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by Godsfamilymemba: 9:42am On Dec 05, 2015
unicislander:

I concur with this post. Concerning this matter, this is my position too. Because it is acceptable in Nigeria does not mean it will be acceptable elsewhere.

What determines acceptability? Man's attitude or God's intentions.

I was at home one day when I sensed in my spirit that God wanted me to visit an hospital patient at a time I was not supposed to be there. After a while, I obeyed and visited. I had the opportunity of preaching God's word to her and she gave her life to Christ. That was at night. I went back the following morning only to be told she was dead already.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by masseratti: 9:46am On Dec 05, 2015
hahn:

Don't mind me. I took it too seriously smiley
Yea I guess

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by calliope(f): 9:47am On Dec 05, 2015
kiss kiss
plaetton:
Funny thing is that the same slowpoke would have lied to his teeth to get UK visa, lied to his teeth to claim refugee status, lied to his teeth to get immigration and other government documents or IDs , and may probably lie to his teeth to be on the dole.

Then he hops on a bus and starts preaching , making no connections between his own moral shortcomings and the crap he thinks he is preaching. undecided

I just wonder how someone from a certified FAILED STATE can run and lie his way to a Better , Working Society, then starts telling the people , on whose benevolence he depends, that they should adopt his primitive worldview , , .same primitive worldview that renders him an economic refugee. undecided

I always amazes me when I see third world economic refugees( particularly Nigerians) , hawking Stone-age myths to the modern citizens of their benefactor nations.

Religion is Stuuuuupid.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by Nobody: 9:48am On Dec 05, 2015
Rashycoolbabe:
I smell discrimination

Religious discrimination or racial discrimination?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by pedrilo: 9:51am On Dec 05, 2015
Tell dem to shut up inside a bus in Nigeria, and everyone tags u a witch or wizard! #hypocrites

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by ignis: 9:53am On Dec 05, 2015
Juxtified:
I admire the man's courage. You know, the gospel doesn't have to be popular or accepted for it to be preached. I'll encourage him to keep doing what he has been called for.
Hope you are doing same.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:54am On Dec 05, 2015
Juxtified:

The Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ cannot be subjected to appropriateness. If the Spirit gives him the nudging to preach to the president of the US during a dinner section, then he should go ahead. Like i said b4, it doesn't have to be acceptable. I won't be suprised uf even in the rejection he experienced in the bus, some people will still go & meet him 'Nicodemously' to get his number and ask questions. Then his work would hav been done.
My people perish for lack of knowledge.
Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by masseratti: 10:01am On Dec 05, 2015
Juxtified:

the spirit will never guide you to break the law,that will be evil spirit.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by tonquendo4u(m): 10:02am On Dec 05, 2015
That man must b a chosen mopol
Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by RobinHez(m): 10:06am On Dec 05, 2015
This is a cooked up story... undecided

"The driver stopped the bus and said he won't move until the man gets down" who does that in london?

*walks outta thread*
Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by Juxtified(m): 10:08am On Dec 05, 2015
ignis:
Hope you are doing same.
In my own little capacity, yes
Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by Nobody: 10:13am On Dec 05, 2015
Cutehector:
Very very good... If this can happen in nigeria, there wont be fake people selling God's word for money...
How Will The Preacher Dust Off His Shoe In U.K when there is no sand on the ground?
Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by Juxtified(m): 10:13am On Dec 05, 2015
Godsfamilymemba:

What determines acceptability? Man's attitude or God's intentions.

I was at home one day when I sensed in my spirit that God wanted me to visit an hospital patient at a time I was not supposed to be there. After a while, I obeyed and visited. I had the opportunity of preaching God's word to her and she gave her life to Christ. That was at night. I went back the following morning only to be told she was dead already.
Most people will not understand. Imagine if you had waited till the next day.
Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by politricks: 10:22am On Dec 05, 2015
Godsfamilymemba:

Is there a relationship between the number of churches and the attitude of a multireligious population?
In fact even those who go to church, how many of them CHOOSE to practice what they read in the Bible and what they are taught.

Your point is like saying we produce more crude oil than the entire Europe yet we are one one the largest fuel importers.
They only look related, more factors are involved than we are tempted to conclude.

We also have more schools and equally more unemployed graduates than many countries.
Then what is the point of the church or mosques when all that is been taught there is only made use of by a negligible fraction of the population. It shows the religious institutions is not been effective.
Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by depezee(m): 10:26am On Dec 05, 2015
Yourobbers will always like to exhibit their religious hypocrisy anywhere they are, at the end people will still discard them like shit.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by sammy329(m): 10:28am On Dec 05, 2015
masseratti:
the spirit will never guide you to break the law,that will be evil spirit.
The Spirit is above the law

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by kevoh(m): 10:29am On Dec 05, 2015
unicislander:

Taaaa! I disagree at the bolded phrase! That many people have decided to keep quiet in Nigeria in order not to be tagged as Satan,witch,wizard e.t.c by the brainwashed sheeple does not mean it is acceptable by all here. I have been in a coaster bus back in 2011(Abuja),sat close to the door while the dude who was preaching kept BAPTISING me with saliva. No matter how hard I tried to change position in the already congested bus I was doomed for the saliva baptism angry .

I wanted to tell him to shut it and stop the saliva baptism but decided against it before fellow sheeples mob me unnecessarily!

Another scenario, same route but another coaster bus and a different Pastor while Political platform debate was on the radio, most passengers fully engaged by the debate I can not remember the topic been discussed. Suddenly this so called pastor stands up and starts shouting preaching at the top of his voice, just to be louder than the radio and be forcefully heard. Before, I could say Jack Robinson, passengers immediately reprimanded him to seat hi a*s down grin, that there was time for everything. Come see shame for Oga pastor face, dude had to come down before their usual bus stop!

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by Nobody: 10:30am On Dec 05, 2015
Juxtified:
I admire the man's courage. You know, the gospel doesn't have to be popular or accepted for it to be preached. I'll encourage him to keep doing what he has been called for.
...you are so annoying angry
Do you know what 'making oneself a nuisance is?' some rather than use their earphones, chose to have it loud like they were in their bedroom angry, disturbing fellow passengers. What makes your type think others want to listen to your base music or want to listen to that particular Genre at that point in time, huh Silly bunch undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by Toosure70: 10:32am On Dec 05, 2015
These people must hear the gospel o. Im going there next week with my megaphone. Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by vooks: 10:33am On Dec 05, 2015
You can't force them to listen. You should be cordial even when handling the word of truth
Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by vooks: 10:34am On Dec 05, 2015
dammyconcept:
How Will The Preacher Dust Off His Shoe In U.K when there is no sand on the ground?

It's a metaphor for 'have nothing more to do with them'

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by Nobody: 10:36am On Dec 05, 2015
plaetton:

Religion is Stuuuuupid.

I love this post (apart from the last sentence which throws the baby out with the bathwater).

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by Nobody: 10:38am On Dec 05, 2015
kevoh:

Taaaa! I disagree at the bolded phrase! That many people have decided to keep quiet in Nigeria in order not to be tagged as Satan,witch,wizard e.t.c by the brainwashed sheeple does not mean it is acceptable by all here. I have been in a coaster bus back in 2011(Abuja),sat close to the door while the dude who was preaching kept BAPTISING me with saliva. No matter how hard I tried to change position in the already congested bus I was doomed for the saliva baptism angry .

I wanted to tell him to shut it and stop the saliva baptism but decided against it before fellow sheeples mob me unnecessarily!

cheesy cheesy cheesy...you made my day...rolling of my chair...saliva baptism...I think within 40 years I will still remember this grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by masseratti: 10:41am On Dec 05, 2015
sammy329:
The Spirit is above the law
Really? The Ten commandments is a Canon law,is the spirit above that too? So you mean if you do something wrong you can actually claim the spirit guide you to do it? And you will be set free because the spirit is above the law?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nairalander's Church Picnic In Russia: Photos / What A Mathematician Friend Told Pastor Adeboye / TB Joshua Exposes Shrine Where Elderly 'priests' Enslave, Sleep With Virgins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.