Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,237 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up (45911 Views)

Ghana's Deputy Minister Of Transport Bans Preaching In Public Buses in Ghana / Bishop David Abioye Preaching In Nasarawa State / Policewoman Spotted Preaching In A Bus In Lagos Today: (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by East2West: 12:21pm On Dec 05, 2015
plaetton:

He erred in trying to preach in a public forum in a multicultural and multi-religious society.

Diversity of culture, divesity of beliefs, and social harmony are concept that most Africans of the Abrahamic stone-age faiths fail to appreciate.

Ar u serious about dt?!!!
Erred by preaching in d public? U kno better nah. Can u show here where such rule or law exist in d country? U may want to point to him being seen as disturbing others bug such view is also subjective and relative to d ppl around. If ur vicinity accept wat u do dt can be call a nuisance, if they don't then u adjust or leave and ds is d only place he erred. Becos if making ur opinion public or trying to convince d same is an offence then u have committed d same here on ds forum.
Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by Nobody: 12:22pm On Dec 05, 2015
omojeesu:

Your comment proves the existence of Satan.

He's having a good time right now!

He's so glad you believe he doesn't exist.

That's where he wants you until it's too late.

May Jesus reveal Himself to you personally whether you ask Him or not. My strong wish and prayer for you.

I did not come up with the word"Satan",you did. I have no obligation to comment about it. I cannot tell some1 high with weed that he isn't strong enough to beat mike Tyson.

You are like an answering machine. Your replies are programmed. Your answers/comment cannot change unless you change your mindset.

You talk about stuff you cannot prove.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by East2West: 12:23pm On Dec 05, 2015
plaetton:

Lol.
Pls kindly present your so-called documented facts.

Let me educate you. You can pay me back when your school fees have been refunded to you.

There have been tonnes of studies that correlate religiosity of a society with lack of progress and poverty, low standard of life, corruption, human rights abuses, scientific underachievement, and lack of social harmony.

And, People whose worldviews are not firmly grounded on the laws of mathematics and scientific rationalism should never be in positions where they can MAKE DECISIONS that affect others, especially a population.
undecided

This is the problem of Africa's underachievement and BASKET CASE status.

We allow idio.ts and moro.ns whose worldviews are grounded on toxic Stone-age myths to MAKE DECISIONS that affect populations of millions.

So, bottom line is :
If you're unfortunate to be born in a society where idio.ts with stone-age worldviews , who know the bible and Koran inside out, but can't understand simple economics or simple scientific facts, make decisions that affect your life, then you would most likely to end up as an economic refugee.

Simple.
Thanks Professor for mixing things up. Do a spreadsheet for ursef and set out column by column row by row. 1stly d total major religion and fanatical beliefs in existence (guess u don't see beyond christian and muslem or u porpurposely do dt to justify ur point).
Then set out d countries dominated by such religion or beliefs. Set out thr population also and religions views of thr past leaders and most successful once. Finally corelate them wit natural endowment and human capital utilization of each countries then u can come back and have ds discussion. I won't be able to serve u ready made answers from other ppls work since u dont Wang to search. Ur opinion up thr won't even pass d most basic logic for nations development.
Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by Nobody: 12:23pm On Dec 05, 2015
This attitude is needed in Nigeria. You see hungry people who claim to be pastors "preaching" on public transport systems. You even see them at motor parks claiming to *pray* for people going long distances. All after they ask for "alms" for "for the promotion of their so called ministries". It's a shame.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by twosquare(m): 12:45pm On Dec 05, 2015
menesheh:

This is a threat rather than presenting your arguments and the reasons why you believe in Roman god.

This Is like a scene where a muslem approached you, instead of presenting his reasons and arguments why you should believe in Allah, he decided to go the lazy man shortcut, telling you same stuff "In days to come, we shall see who the ignoramus is...no need for arguments"
Many have done so with you in the past, what is the fruition in your life..rather you go on endless rants on how this is this, not this and blah blah blah...you simply have no faith, already dead in the spirit and can't respond to faith call even when it's staring you in the face....No need explaining things to you further. You know where to consult when looking for answers.
Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by Omooba77: 12:46pm On Dec 05, 2015
1feness:

I am 100% sure you cannot prove there is a god.

Prove to me there is no God,I will accept ,Psalm 53
Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by blackprowler: 12:49pm On Dec 05, 2015
plaetton:
Funny thing is that the same slowpoke would have lied to his teeth to get UK visa, lied to his teeth to claim refugee status, lied to his teeth to get immigration and other government documents or IDs , and may probably lie to his teeth to be on the dole.

Then he hops on a bus and starts preaching , making no connections between his own moral shortcomings and the crap he thinks he is preaching. undecided

I just wonder how someone from a certified FAILED STATE can run and lie his way to a Better , Working Society, then starts telling the people , on whose benevolence he depends, that they should adopt his primitive worldview , , .same primitive worldview that renders him an economic refugee. undecided

I always amazes me when I see third world economic refugees( particularly Nigerians) , hawking Stone-age myths to the modern citizens of their benefactor nations.

Religion is Stuuuuupid.

I just love you. Thank you. It doesn't have to be me saying stuff all the time and these near-apes think I'm the one with the problem. Failed people!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by Nobody: 12:50pm On Dec 05, 2015
Omooba77:

Prove to me there is no God,I will accept ,Psalm 53

Imagine this question. You claimed there is a god and you want the person you are trying to convince to prove it doesn't exist. How logical

An examiner can only attend to your project if you present it. So far you have presented nothing. So nothing to disprove.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by LEAFLET(m): 12:54pm On Dec 05, 2015
plaetton:

Why not.

Tokumbo Religion has sapped much the our national IQ, robbed us of our rational faculties, obliterated scientific curiosity, and fragmented our realities to point where we are much more superstitious than our great great grandparents.

It is a pity that you and others are unable to draw parallels between the amount of religious junk in our minds, in our society, and our perennial underachievement and FAILED STATE status.
You just dey speak grammar here.. Focus this your energy to write a book or something.. You are wasting your talent fighting a war you can't win.. People will always look for a bigger force to cling to not in the midst of this madness of a nation that we live in so don't be too judgmental and also not everyone has a liberal mind like you do.. I for once currently is very very far away from religion now but at the same time I wouldn't condemn any that jesus is the best thing to ever happen to mankind since antibiotics.. Do you blame them?? The west took a very big advantage of our naivety and your ranting here won't change shi*t.. Just saying though!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by Omooba77: 1:09pm On Dec 05, 2015
1feness:

Imagine this question. You claimed there is a god and you want the person you are trying to convince to prove it doesn't exist. How logical

An examiner can only attend to your project if you present it. So far you have presented nothing. So nothing to disprove.

Genesis 1:1-3
Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by Nobody: 1:10pm On Dec 05, 2015
Omooba77:

Genesis 1:1-3

Can you quote from the original?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by kevoh(m): 1:40pm On Dec 05, 2015
1feness:

Kikiki! tongue I was waiting for that question! I just knew he would ask you to prove there is no god as his reply. grin grin grin Johny's example of asking them to prove there's no red cup on the table comes to mind!

https://www.nairaland.com/2694924/100-christian-prove-hindu-god#39420976
Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by Promzyunique(m): 1:40pm On Dec 05, 2015
But if it was 2 sing all those useless n rubbish circular music would they have told him 2 shut up?
Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by Nobody: 1:43pm On Dec 05, 2015
kevoh:

Kikiki! tongue I was waiting for that question! I just knew he would ask you to prove there is no god as his reply. grin grin grin Johny's example of asking them to prove there's no red cup on the table comes to mind!

https://www.nairaland.com/2694924/100-christian-prove-hindu-god#39420976

It's nice to know he is well known for that. Since he wasn't going to tell me about his god,I couldn't say whether I agreed with him or not.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by kevoh(m): 1:47pm On Dec 05, 2015
1feness:

It's nice to know he is well known for that. Since he wasn't going to tell me about his god,I couldn't say whether I agreed with him or not.

Actuallly, I never discussed with him before but from the pattern of his choice of comments/replies on this thread, one can easily discern and predict.
Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by Nobody: 1:49pm On Dec 05, 2015
malvisguy212:
the reason it is annoying you is because you are NOT allowing the HOLY spirit to convicte you. You are substituting holy for corruption. My good friend, this preachers will not received INSULT if their message is not true, I mean the apostles will not give their LIFE for false doctrine. Thank you.

Thank you for this my good friend.

That's is why we are chosen out of the world. The world would never accept anything that is truly from God; when you are rejected by the world and conspired against then know that you are doing something right. It has always been like that, from the time of the Prophets of old to the time of Jesus Christ down to the Apostles and it's even worse in this end time. The likes of Prophet Jeremiah were in jail on a regular basis for delivering warnings of judgement from God.

In fact if you preach anything that exposes worldliness and Anti Christ system in this age the world will call you "fake" or "Hollier than thou"...What they want to hear is prosperity, sweet things and the "it doesn't matter message" which is the anti Christ system because it has nothing to do with the cross and salvation.

John 15:19

If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.

^^^

Salvation is not for all anyway!

The wicked will hear and see but continue in their worldliness, sin and wickedness but the wise and elects of God will turn away from their evil ways and embrace the rugged cross till the end.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by Nobody: 1:54pm On Dec 05, 2015
kevoh:

Actuallly, I never discussed with him before but from the pattern of his choice of comments/replies on this thread, one can easily discern and predict.

More like an answering machine,we must expect the same reply from him.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by menesheh(m): 1:54pm On Dec 05, 2015
twosquare:
Many have done so with you in the past, what is the fruition in your life..rather you go on endless rants on how this is this, not this and blah blah blah...you simply have no faith, already dead in the spirit and can't respond to faith call even when it's staring you in the face....No need explaining things to you further. You know where to consult when looking for answers.

I actually know where to consult and i consulted it, all i saw/see are mass delusion, logical fallacies and equivocation of faith.
Where faith is glorified as a good thing while evidence, reasoning and critical thinking were jettisoned.
Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by Nobody: 2:15pm On Dec 05, 2015
Good for him. Trust me, he got lucky. I would have long called the police if I was on the bus!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by gemale(m): 2:15pm On Dec 05, 2015
Modern day pharisee, whitewashed sepulcher. He thinks everywhere is as lawless as dis hell hole called Nigeria. Constituting public nuisance in d name of religion. Does he think everybody doesn't want 2 preach abt his own religion? Imagine if a Hindu, Sikh, Buddhist, Muslim decided dey wanted 2 preach simultaneously? Nigerians wldnt leave their stupid mentality behind when dey travel out.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by redsun(m): 2:33pm On Dec 05, 2015
Those that are sick needs physicians. Nigeria is sick country,that is why people need pastors.

Whitman's sickness is totally different, he doesn't need a pastor for that,rather he just need a bit of unconditional love in his heart to free up himself.
Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by Nobody: 2:46pm On Dec 05, 2015
vooks:

It's a metaphor for 'have nothing more to do with them'
Then What Did He Suppost To Do? Then Do U Support How The Man Is Preaching Inside Bus
Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by Nobody: 2:56pm On Dec 05, 2015
Juxtified:
I admire the man's courage. You know, the gospel doesn't have to be popular or accepted for it to be preached. I'll encourage him to keep doing what he has been called for.
and possibly land himself in jail huh? Epic!
Even our Lord Jesus Christ never forced anybody to listen to him, neither did he disturb the peace. In the synagogues, He would sit in a corner and teach people about God. Wherever He went, He maintained peace and orderliness.Salvation is free, God doesn't force people to obey Him, you decide it in your heart and follow. There was no account in the Holy Bible where Jesus forced people to follow Him or listen to Him, neither Jesus shout at the top of His voice when preaching. I'm a Christian and do not support unruliness. Cheers

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by bassette(m): 3:24pm On Dec 05, 2015
stagger:
He could have passed on the same message by sharing tracts to everyone in the bus. That way, he still achieves his purpose and does not cause a public nuisance.

This is what the bible calls zeal without wisdom.
Stagger i sent a quote to you on a thread on ELance which sadly you had abandoned the thread..pls on your app development academy...want to discuss with you on that pls..kindly reply on how i can reach you or if i need to drop my email let me knw pls
Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by Rashycoolbabe(f): 3:24pm On Dec 05, 2015
Racial
Radoillo:

Religious discrimination or racial discrimination?
Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by akigbemaru: 3:31pm On Dec 05, 2015
Naihati pastor in the bus in London.
Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by pomsky: 4:05pm On Dec 05, 2015
[quote author=politricks post=40703016]Abi o. We have more churches more than the entire europe but we are still one of the most corrupt countries in the world. [/quote

[size=14pt]........so what do you think would have happened if we didn't have all these churches?[/size]]
Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by twosquare(m): 4:22pm On Dec 05, 2015
menesheh:

I actually know where to consult and i consulted it, all i saw/see are mass delusion, logical fallacies and equivocation of faith.
Where faith is glorified as a good thing while evidence, reasoning and critical thinking were jettisoned.
Just what I need...that's your flaw...you rely on dead reasoning, critical thinking that are in itself 'mass' delusions, you rely on what you can see with your physical eyes, and not the eyes of faith......he who must come to God must believe that He is and He is a rewarder of those that diligently seek Him. If you have not fulfilled those two criteria, stop drawing towards conclusion.....That you are unable to access a civilization higher than your logical reasoning shouldn't be a frustration. It only shows that you don't know as you ought to know. You think you're seeing? No, you're not......You know everything about Christian spirituality (not religion) and our discussions is like a seasonal movie where few people know the truth and many have been made to believe lies (including proclaimed Xtians). Imagine an unseen industry/company manufacturing products including Atheism, Logical philosphy, critical thinking, Christian religion (2Timothy 3:5), Islamic religion et al just to achieve one purpose: Deception. Do not for once think you are alone: The fact that you think you know is the first Imprisonment. If you're not humble, you can never see the light. Be curious (not for mockery).... but to see if you're missing something this people that called themselves Christians have discovered that you're missing. Even as at present, 95% are missing something about their own faith they haven't cracked yet....Challenge yourself on that and seek to know the Truth (not religion, coz it is part of the product of the company). The book is ambiguous intentionally because it belongs to an higher civilization. Know that civilization and you're free.
Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by vooks: 4:36pm On Dec 05, 2015
dammyconcept:
Then What Did He Suppost To Do? Then Do U Support How The Man Is Preaching Inside Bus
Let them alone, stop preaching
Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by vooks: 4:38pm On Dec 05, 2015
plaetton:

Gosh!

Engaging with you really really pains me. Seriously.

It is both funny and painful.

Funny that you are soooo unabashed about displaying your complex idiocy, your lack of comprehension, your inability to ACTUALLY post a coherent argument without jumping from one ad hominem to another.

Now, let me ask you:
Before you made reference to China above, did you really understand my post that you were referring to ?
I doubt that you did.
Otherwise, any idi.ot would know that China , a growing economic, scientific and geopolical superpower, does not stuff her young children with any religious junk.
Gosh!
How stuuuuupid can you be to advertise your shallowness on the front page?
Young boy, Amateur Septic(sic)
How is your Saturday coming?
Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by lepasharon(f): 5:40pm On Dec 05, 2015
What a brainwashed slave undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by ayodele123(m): 5:50pm On Dec 05, 2015
I am not surprised because we are in the Last Days where there is a growing resistance to the Word of God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nairalander's Church Picnic In Russia: Photos / What A Mathematician Friend Told Pastor Adeboye / TB Joshua Exposes Shrine Where Elderly 'priests' Enslave, Sleep With Virgins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.