Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,403 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up (45913 Views)

Ghana's Deputy Minister Of Transport Bans Preaching In Public Buses in Ghana / Bishop David Abioye Preaching In Nasarawa State / Policewoman Spotted Preaching In A Bus In Lagos Today: (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by Konjour(m): 8:51am On Dec 05, 2015
You can't force people to believe in God or listen to his words or to read the bible. It's foolish to also presume that anyone who's not interested in listening to your unwanted/unsolicited sermon is of the devil and should be baptized with 'Holy Ghost fire'...lest you metamorphose into Christendom's version of a watered-down Boko Haram member (which exists in so many forms already).

Nigeria is a pretty lawless place where 'anything goes', and since we're already ultra-religious, and super-conservative as a people, anyone can try to (often successfully) hypnotise our senses as soon as he/she can claim to be of God.

Regarding the topic, it was apparent that the preacher was disturbing people in the bus. I can't even listen to my on-ear headphones in a Metro bus or a coach in the London Underground/Overground at its full volume, not because I wouldn't love to blast the drivers off but because its expected that you maintain a level of decorum in some particular public spaces (which is statutory). The preacher was even adamant towards stopping his disturbance and seems to have continued defiantly. The man probably thought he was doing the other commuters a favor. He ought to have been bundled off the bus and be handed over to the police.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by otiigba1(m): 8:51am On Dec 05, 2015
politricks:
And these are the people that brought christianity to us. Africa wake up.
yes o!, and they also introduced us to the so called bible i believe he must have been reading from. One begins to wonder

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by Richy4(m): 8:52am On Dec 05, 2015
That will be a big Culture shock for him, I can just imagine the embarrassment, the humiliation when asked to shut it .........

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by nikkiking(m): 8:52am On Dec 05, 2015
Cutehector:
Very very good... If this can happen in nigeria, there wont be fake people selling God's word for money...
Could have agreed with you.

Some how am disappointed.

No pishure

Nothing to prove it actually happened!
Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by Cutehector(m): 8:53am On Dec 05, 2015
nikkiking:
Could have agreed with you.

Some how am disappointed.

No pishure

Nothing to prove it actually happened!
the picture is there
Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by hahn(m): 8:55am On Dec 05, 2015
Idrismusty97:
That's my point, Yet we are holier smiley.

donbenie:
It's called SARCASM,the guy was being sarcastic in his statement,meaning he's projecting the direct opposite of what you thought he meant..

Arielle:
Guess you didn't see his tongue firmly in his cheek eh?
rezy15:

You didn't even understand the sarcasm in his statement. Smh.

I guess I am taking things too seriously this morning tongue

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by jayriginal: 8:56am On Dec 05, 2015
lasisi69:
End time

More like end time preacher
Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by omarithmetics: 8:56am On Dec 05, 2015
politricks:
And these are the people that brought christianity to us. Africa wake up.
Thank you, thank you
Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by hahn(m): 8:56am On Dec 05, 2015
Sheikwonder:

I think you are miscontruing the author.

I think he meant holier in the sense that Africans have generally taken Christianity and Islam too far,much more than those who originally practised it.

To put it in local parlance:

"Africa don carry oyinbo mata for head"...

I guess I am taking things too seriously this morning tongue

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by Kassidy90(m): 8:59am On Dec 05, 2015
They think beacause they do that nonsense in 9ja withouth any confrontation, it is also acceptable other places, am referring to both Muslim n Christian coz i can notice that Muslims too has started that nonsense trend..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by coolzeal(m): 9:02am On Dec 05, 2015
Religion was found when the first con man met the first fool...

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by masseratti: 9:04am On Dec 05, 2015
hahn:

Really? Care to prove this?

Let me start, Europeans have fewer corrupt officials and a working society and they don't burn suspected thieves in broad daylight.

Nigerians have at least 90% corrupt officials since 1960, nothing works and we burn thieves at the slightest accusation.

Your turn undecided
he was being sarcastic bro.
Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by ojnnaco(m): 9:05am On Dec 05, 2015
Nigerian should at least learn to be discipline at times in certain places... what's the need constituting nuisance in an environment like dat ? forming holier than thou
Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by flamingREED(m): 9:06am On Dec 05, 2015
UK throwing away the baby and the bathwater, perhaps, since king James died. See how they don't hate the man, but his message- His God. See their reaction, so unholy, uncivilized and damnable. If it is ISIS they'll want to negotiate. Or IPOB, they'll say they have the right to protest. And the preacher was peacefully protesting and they threatened to throw Him behind bars. It's well. It's why we can't align with this world politically or otherwise. They hate Christ, the light and the truth. Children of the last days. THEY ARE ON THEIR OWN

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by hahn(m): 9:07am On Dec 05, 2015
masseratti:
he was being sarcastic bro.

Don't mind me. I took it too seriously smiley

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by Omooba77: 9:08am On Dec 05, 2015
plaetton:
Funny thing is that the same slowpoke would have lied to his teeth to get UK visa, lied to his teeth to claim refugee status, lied to his teeth to get immigration and other government documents or IDs , and may probably lie to his teeth to be on the dole.

Then he hops on a bus and starts preaching , making no connections between his own moral shortcomings and the crap he thinks he is preaching. undecided

I just wonder how someone from a certified FAILED STATE can run and lie his way to a Better , Working Society, then starts telling the people , on whose benevolence he depends, that they should adopt his primitive worldview , , .same primitive worldview that renders him an economic refugee. undecided

I always amazes me when I see third world economic refugees( particularly Nigerians) , hawking Stone-age myths to the modern citizens of their benefactor nations.

Religion is Stuuuuupid.

Dont judge sir,he may not be doing the right way,but everyone must hear about Jesus.When America,a land who so much trusted in God discarded him,prophecies in the Bible is coming to pass.Any way sir,Jesus loves you and let me invite you to Holy Ghost congress at Redemption camp,December 7-12.God bless greatly
Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by Darey00(m): 9:08am On Dec 05, 2015
hahn:

Really? Care to prove this?

Let me start, Europeans have fewer corrupt officials and a working society and they don't burn suspected thieves in broad daylight.

Nigerians have at least 90% corrupt officials since 1960, nothing works and we burn thieves at the slightest accusation.

Your turn undecided

Sarcasm bro
Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by achorladey: 9:08am On Dec 05, 2015
O gbe ise ile lo si ita. Indiscipline
Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by Nobody: 9:10am On Dec 05, 2015
this kind of thing was stopped in "el-rufai" buses in Abuja....
Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by plaetton: 9:11am On Dec 05, 2015
Omooba77:

Dont judge sir,he may not be doing the right way,but everyone must hear about Jesus.When America,a land who so much trusted in God discarded him,prophecies in the Bible is coming to pass.Any way sir,Jesus loves you and let me invite you to Holy Ghost congress at Redemption camp,December 7-12.God bless greatly

Spoken like a true Zombie.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by project7(m): 9:12am On Dec 05, 2015
plaetton:
Funny thing is that the same slowpoke would have lied to his teeth to get UK visa, lied to his teeth to claim refugee status, lied to his teeth to get immigration and other government documents or IDs , and may probably lie to his teeth to be on the dole.

Then he hops on a bus and starts preaching , making no connections between his own moral shortcomings and the crap he thinks he is preaching. undecided

I just wonder how someone from a certified FAILED STATE can run and lie his way to a Better , Working Society, then starts telling the people , on whose benevolence he depends, that they should adopt his primitive worldview , , .same primitive worldview that renders him an economic refugee. undecided

I always amazes me when I see third world economic refugees( particularly Nigerians) , hawking Stone-age myths to the modern citizens of their benefactor nations.

Religion is Stuuuuupid.
Well said.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by coolhumble(m): 9:13am On Dec 05, 2015
Juxtified:
I admire the man's courage. You know, the gospel doesn't have to be popular or accepted for it to be preached. I'll encourage him to keep doing what he has been called for.

God bless you my brother

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by Omooba77: 9:14am On Dec 05, 2015
plaetton:

Spoken like a true Zombie.

Yes I agreed sir
Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by PhonePlanet(m): 9:15am On Dec 05, 2015
Thaz how I entered BRT and one Man was raising prayer points and praying all by him self from ajah to obalende. Thank God say I get battery for phone that morning. I just plug my ears dey listen to music.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by kunlegboye(m): 9:15am On Dec 05, 2015
uummmh I'm not surprised by many comments as regard what has happened,Jesus new everything that would happen and he asked 'shall i meet faith in the world'?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by osystein(m): 9:15am On Dec 05, 2015
Very good, they should've thrown him of the bus while in motion.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by codereloader: 9:17am On Dec 05, 2015
Gud to hear
Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by malvisguy212: 9:18am On Dec 05, 2015
lovely17:
Sighs this annoys me like hell especially in Lagos Trains and BRTs, some don't even preach they just come to Advertise fake drugs mtchew
the reason it is annoying you is because you are NOT allowing the HOLY spirit to convicte you. You are substituting holy for corruption. My good friend, this preachers will not received INSULT if their message is not true, I mean the apostles will not give their LIFE for false doctrine. Thank you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by cyprus000: 9:18am On Dec 05, 2015
plaetton:

Religion is Stuuuuupid.
[size=13pt].
Yes, it's stupidd just lyk you.
[/size]
Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by Godsfamilymemba: 9:19am On Dec 05, 2015
politricks:
Abi o. We have more churches more than the entire europe but we are still one of the most corrupt countries in the world.

Is there a relationship between the number of churches and the attitude of a multireligious population?
In fact even those who go to church, how many of them CHOOSE to practice what they read in the Bible and what they are taught.

Your point is like saying we produce more crude oil than the entire Europe yet we are one one the largest fuel importers.
They only look related, more factors are involved than we are tempted to conclude.

We also have more schools and equally more unemployed graduates than many countries.
Re: Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up by JuicyStar: 9:24am On Dec 05, 2015
makzeze:
Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up Or They Call The Police

A Nigerian man took to a London bus and starting constituting a nuisance of himself there preaching. In the UK, he would most likely be disturbing the peace and could be arrested. The preacher kept insisting that the passengers hear him out ‘because I am preaching the word of life.’

An annoyed female passenger who was obviously frustrated with the preacher’s refusal to get off the bus yelled at him, ‘Idiot!’ He further shocked passengers with his refusal to get off the bus and just stayed on disturbing the peace. It became so embarrasing that the driver stopped the bus and told the passengers he wasn’t moving the vehicle till the preacher gets off.

Another visibly angry passenger even yelled at the preacher threatening to call the police. She was even backed by another man who insisted the preacher must get off the bus or get arrested.

‘Well, it’s up to you,’ the preacher replied.

http://amebobook.com/nigerian-man-starts-preaching-in-london-bus-and-is-told-to-shut-up-or-they-call-the-police/

Nice one Bro. Keep preaching the Word of God. At the same time, adopt a different approach next time cause the environment u are is different. The Lord is your strength. If it was one clown tagged as a celebrity all of them in the bus would have been rushing for autograph. Rubbish!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nairalander's Church Picnic In Russia: Photos / What A Mathematician Friend Told Pastor Adeboye / TB Joshua Exposes Shrine Where Elderly 'priests' Enslave, Sleep With Virgins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.