Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,816 members, 7,851,737 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:54 AM

Holy Communion - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Holy Communion (5118 Views)

He Took Holy Communion And Had Sex After Church, Any Repercusion? / New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus / On The Holy Communion ( Between Paul And Jesus Christ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Holy Communion by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jun 12, 2009
The just live by faith.
Re: Holy Communion by KunleOshob(m): 3:19pm On Jun 12, 2009
mactao:

The just live by faith.

Faith in who?? Christ or your pastor/church?
Re: Holy Communion by ifele(m): 5:29pm On Jun 12, 2009
To understand the concept of Holy Communion you have to see it in the light of the Passover Feast.

Every Passover the Israelites commeMORATE the Salvation of God in Egypt when the first borns were spared from

the angel of Death. In the Passover Feast a pure lamb is killed,its blood paste on the doorway of the Israelites,

its meat of cooked and shared amongst the residents of the house. Now we all know that Jesus is an Israelite and

so are the disciples. Jesus was celebrating this same Passover Feast with his disciples just their fellow Jews were

doing on that same day, Jesus is saying he is the New Lamb. That everytime they celebrate the Passover feast

they should remember He has sacrificed His life and body for their salvation from the Angel of Death.

(groundnut and water have nothing to with the story of the Passover feast)
Re: Holy Communion by marvisjoy: 11:51am On Jun 13, 2009
kunle,do you mean that drinking of beer is right? pls i want to know,so that i can start taking what i have missed for these years.
Re: Holy Communion by PastorAIO: 12:51pm On Jun 15, 2009
ifele:

To understand the concept of Holy Communion you have to see it in the light of the Passover Feast.

Every Passover the Israelites commeMORATE the Salvation of God in Egypt when the first borns were spared from

the angel of Death. In the Passover Feast a pure lamb is killed,its blood paste on the doorway of the Israelites,

its meat of cooked and shared amongst the residents of the house. Now we all know that Jesus is an Israelite and

so are the disciples. Jesus was celebrating this same Passover Feast with his disciples just their fellow Jews were

doing on that same day, Jesus is saying he is the New Lamb. That everytime they celebrate the Passover feast

they should remember He has sacrificed His life and body for their salvation from the Angel of Death.

(groundnut and water have nothing to with the story of the Passover feast)

I like this. Could you tell us more. I know the Jewish had lots of feast that they celebrated. Why the Passover and not any of the others?

What does the statement 'do this as often as you drink it' mean. That we should bless every meal that we eat?
Re: Holy Communion by KunleOshob(m): 1:32pm On Jun 15, 2009
marvis joy:

kunle,do you mean that drinking of beer is right? pls i want to know,so that i can start taking what i have missed for these years.

There is absolutely nothing wrong in drinking beer as long as it is done in moderation as far as the bible is concerned if you read the verse i quoted earlier you would discover that Jesus christ himself used to consume alcoohol regularly and the same hypocrites that condenm alcohol consumption today accused him of being a wine bibber[which means drunkard]in that passage.
Re: Holy Communion by segyemaro(m): 6:32pm On Jun 15, 2009
Hmmm
Re: Holy Communion by pilgrim1(f): 6:43pm On Jun 15, 2009
KunleOshob:

There is absolutely nothing wrong in drinking beer as long as it is done in moderation as far as the bible is concerned if you read the verse i quoted earlier you would discover that Jesus christ himself used to consume alcoohol regularly and the same hypocrites that condenm alcohol consumption today accused him of being a wine bibber[which means drunkard]in that passage.
Re: Holy Communion by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jun 15, 2009
KunleOshob:

shocked shocked shocked

1. Beer is not the same as wine.
2. What is the meaning of "drinking in moderation"?
Re: Holy Communion by bawomolo(m): 7:39pm On Jun 15, 2009
davidylan:

shocked shocked shocked

probably not enough to get drunk or impair your actions.

i personally would choose to stay away from alcohol.

What kind of wine did Jesus drink?
Re: Holy Communion by MrCrackles(m): 7:41pm On Jun 15, 2009
bawomolo:

probably not enough to get drunk or impair your actions.

i personally would choose to stay away from alcohol.

What kind of wine did Jesus drink?

EVA!
Re: Holy Communion by bawomolo(m): 7:44pm On Jun 15, 2009
MrCrackles:

EVA!

and see me thinking it was zobo grin
Re: Holy Communion by KunleOshob(m): 3:59pm On Jun 16, 2009
davidylan:

shocked shocked shocked

Whilst wine is not the same as beer they are both alcoholic drinks. That apart wine contains a lot more alcohol[11-15%] as opposed to beer which contains [3-7%]. It is obvoius that a certain group of poorly schooled christians condem the drinking of beer becos of it's alcoholic contents. Is that not hypocritcal when viewed in the fact that Jesus used to consume alcohol[wine] regularly and there is not one single instruction in the bible that urges christians not to consume alcohol other than the warning to drink in moderation which in it self means we are allowed to drink as long as we do it moderately.

The undeniable evidence is presented below:

Matthew 11:18-19:

18 For John didn’t spend his time eating and drinking, and you say, ‘He’s possessed by a demon.’ 19 The Son of Man, on the other hand, feasts and drinks, and you say, ‘He’s a glutton and a drunkard, and a friend of tax collectors and other sinners!’ But wisdom is shown to be right by its results.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luke 7:33-34:
33 For John the Baptist didn’t spend his time eating bread or drinking wine, and you say, ‘He’s possessed by a demon.’ 34 The Son of Man,[a] on the other hand, feasts and drinks, and you say, ‘He’s a glutton and a drunkard, and a friend of tax collectors and other sinners!’

New Living Translation (NLT)
Re: Holy Communion by eghosaobas: 7:07pm On Jun 16, 2009
kunle,you are getting me more confused,can you butress your point pls.
Re: Holy Communion by KunleOshob(m): 1:01pm On Jun 17, 2009
eghosaobas:

kunle,you are getting me more confused,can you butress your point pls.

I don't think i am the one confusing you, it is those that make the baseless claim that christians are not supposed to consume alcohol that are causing the confusion. I suggest you go to them to show you from the bible were it is written christians shouldn't drink despite the fact that christ used to drink as evidenced in the scripture i quoted earlier.
Re: Holy Communion by segyemaro(m): 6:38pm On Jun 17, 2009
Kunle!
Re: Holy Communion by KunleOshob(m): 11:27am On Jun 18, 2009
segyemaro:

Kunle!
what!!! angry
Re: Holy Communion by segyemaro(m): 1:31pm On Jun 18, 2009
Kunle,can you pls educate me in holiness in taking alcohol?
Re: Holy Communion by PastorAIO: 1:33pm On Jun 18, 2009
segyemaro:

When you imbibe spirits you become spirit filled.
Re: Holy Communion by KunleOshob(m): 1:42pm On Jun 18, 2009
segyemaro:

Well the holy communion involved the taking of alcohol didn't it? How ever this is not about wether it is holy or not it is more about men forcing their opinions into the word of God. Non consumption of alcohol in christianity is the word of man and not of God. Also remember it is a very grievious sin to add to the word of God.
Re: Holy Communion by Tonnie123(m): 1:53pm On Jun 18, 2009
Its 100% wrong, don't try God.
Re: Holy Communion by KunleOshob(m): 2:42pm On Jun 18, 2009
Tonnie123:

Its 100% wrong, don't try God.
Wrong to do what and please quote scripture to back up your claims.
Re: Holy Communion by ttalks(m): 3:14pm On Jun 18, 2009
Pastor AIO:

When you imbibe spirits you become spirit filled.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Holy Communion by ttalks(m): 3:26pm On Jun 18, 2009
It is very clear that Jesus consumed alcohol through drinking wine.
The bible never for once condemned the consumption of alcohol but only condemned it's abuse(excessive intake leading to drunkeness).
Wine contains more alcohol than beer.
People tend to frown at beer mostly because of what they see with people who consume it(abusers/drunkards).
The cultural disposition of people towards alcohol/beer/wine consumption is what makes people to say things the bible never said about alcohol.

Have I drank beer before?
Only once. I drank a can of star part way and threw the rest away.
Why did i throw it away?
I hate the taste and the smell it leaves in the mouth. That is all that puts me off beer.

Have I drank wine before?
A few times when occassions demanded but never more than half a glass.
Why never more than half a glass?
The taste does not go well with me and I always find it to taste and seem like some cough syrups which I detest grin.That is all that put's me off wines, and not some lie that the bible did not tell.
Re: Holy Communion by Kx: 3:31pm On Jun 18, 2009
Jesus used bread and wine
some nigerians will rather use groundnut and water.

Na wao,whose gospel are they keeping with groundnut and water
instead of bread and wine?
Must they even do communion at d home level?
Re: Holy Communion by segyemaro(m): 9:30pm On Jun 18, 2009
Yes you can have communion with your family at home
Re: Holy Communion by sosisi(f): 10:22pm On Jun 18, 2009
davidylan:

shocked shocked shocked

Looks like you're getting acquainted with Kunle the "institutionalized Christian breakaway"
By their fruits,you shall know them
Re: Holy Communion by KunleOshob(m): 11:58am On Jun 19, 2009
$osisi:

Looks like you're getting acquainted with Kunle the "institutionalized Christian breakaway"
By their fruits,you shall know them
Halleluyah cheesy
Re: Holy Communion by Gaminechic: 2:51pm On Jun 19, 2009
Its 100% wrong, don't try God

lol

I take alcohol

and there is indeed nothing like non-alcoholic wine, that one na fruit juice

i dont take beer cos its bitter and smells terrible.
Re: Holy Communion by KunleOshob(m): 2:59pm On Jun 19, 2009
Gaminechic:

lol

I take alcohol

and there is indeed nothing like non-alcoholic wine, that one na fruit juice

i dont take beer cos its bitter and smells terrible.
I don't agree with you that beer is bitter, you actually need to develop a taste for it. As for me i make it a point of duty to have a few bottles of beer every day after work in the company of friends. I consider myself a social drinker just as Jesus christ was.
Re: Holy Communion by Gaminechic: 3:04pm On Jun 19, 2009
ive tasted beer (star and heineken), it was bitter to me, too harsh!

dont even start with hennessy and ko, lol

Re: Holy Communion by KunleOshob(m): 3:10pm On Jun 19, 2009
Wow this your fridge looks very inviting, won't be a bad idea if i came over for a drink. wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilomen Really True Man Of God? / What Then Happens To The Unbeliever? / If God Created The Sun On The 4th Day,how Did 3 Days Come To Pass?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.