Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,674 members, 7,813,244 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:31 AM

Wambai: Sambo Received N20m From Dasuki Monthly - PM News - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wambai: Sambo Received N20m From Dasuki Monthly - PM News (39336 Views)

Evander Holyfield Fights Bola Tinubu In Lagos, Wole Soyinka Is Referee-pm NEWS / Bola Tinubu: My Life As A Cab Driver And Security Guard: PM News / Saraki Wins First Battle At CCT Trial, PM News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wambai: Sambo Received N20m From Dasuki Monthly - PM News by honeywealth75(m): 5:24am On Dec 12, 2015
Ibrahim Idris Wambai, the former Accounts Officer II, has revealed that that the Office of Nigeria’s former Vice President Namadi Sambo was on a monthly stipend of N20million from the Office of the National Security Adviser (ONSA) led by former NSA, Sambo Dasuki.

He pointed out that some presidential aides also benefitted from slush funds from the ONSA, singling out five firms which were used as platforms by some people to receive funds from the office.

Many prominent Nigerians and leaders similarly drew huge funds from the office.
Records of all cash payments to such individuals and organisations are still intact, he said in a Statement of Witness/Accused Person which was filed by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) in the High Court of the Federal Capital Territory and obtained by The Nations newspaper.

The certified statement on oath is part of the Proof of Evidence for the trial of nine suspects next week.

He said: “In December 2014, I took cash of N4million to Col. Madaki(rtd) in his residence in Wuse II Abuja. I had made many cash payments to Doyin Okupe, Ahmad Idris (PA to ex-NSA), ADC to former First Lady Patience Jonathan as payments for monthly operation allowances.

“The documents showing evidence of the payments are in the office of Yazidu Ibrahim in cash payment files. The exact amounts paid and date of payments I cannot remember but are available in the files.

“The venue for the collection of the money was my office and the money was given to me from the cash in the strong room

“So many cash payments were made on a monthly basis to the following beneficiaries: Office of the former Vice President, Arc. Namadi Sambo (N20,000,000). The money was being collected by former Deputy Chief of Staff; ADC to former President (amount not known but in cash payment files; Chief Personal physician to former President Goodluck Jonathan; former coordinator on anti-terrorism, Gen. Sarkin Yaki; former Director PC4, Gen. Terba Waya (rtd); Personal Assistant, Domestic Affairs to ex-President Goodluck Jonathan.

“The amounts and frequency of payments to the beneficiaries as well as the list of other beneficiaries are in the cash payment files

“I also witnessed several payments in cash to various people. Prominent was about payment of N300million to former Chairman on Security and Intelligence, Dr. Bello Matawalle from the cash in the strong room.

“To get details of cash payments in Naira and individuals and organizations summary and vouchers from January 2011 to July 2015, the documents are kept in Yazidu Ibrahim’s former office. These should be collected from the Director of Finance and Administration, Col. Jafaru Mohammed. I and Yazidu Ibrahim can supply the files and the summary.”
He named five firms allegedly used for curious transfers from the ONSA.

His words: “The amounts of the five companies are ACACIA Holdings Limited (N600,000,000) via account no. 1017330319 with UBA and N650million via account no. 0122012650 with ECOBANK Nigeria Limited; Reliance Referral Hospital Limited (N750m) via account no.2022394057 with First Bank Nigeria Plc; Jabbama Global Nigeria Limited(N400m) via account no. 1013898095 with Zenith Bank; Continental Development etc.”
Meanwhile, ex-Minister of State for Finance, ex-Governor Attahiru Bafarawa and his son, Sagir Attahiru and Dalhatu Investment Limited may have to account for over N18.09billion when their trial begins next week.
Part of the cash was for PDP’s ‘Operation Capture North West’.

The cumulative cash does not include the $9.809m allegedly collected by ex-Minister of State Yuguda from ONSA between December 23, 2014 and February 10, 2015.

According to the charge sheet filed by EFCC, the suspects benefited from the said funds between April 14, 2014 and May 7, 2015.

Some of the charges are : “That you Col. Mohammed Sambo Dasuki whilst being National Security Adviser and Shaibu Salisu, whilst being the Director of Finance and Administration in the Office of the National Security Adviser between 14th April and 7th May 2015 in Abuja within the jurisdiction of this Honourable Court entrusted with dominion over certain properties to wit: an aggregate sum of N3.350billion being part of the funds in the account of the National Security Adviser with the CBN, committed criminal breach of trust in respect of the said properties when you transferred same to the account of Dalhatu Investment Limited with United Bank for Africa Plc purporting same to be payment for the supply of security equipment and you thereby committed an offence punishable under Section 315 of the Penal Code Act, Cap 532, Vol.4, LFN 2004.

“That you Dalhatu Investment Limited, Sagir Attahiru and Attahiru Dalhatu Bafarawa between 14th April 2014 and 7th May 2015 in Abuja within the jurisdiction of this Honourable Court, dishonestly received stolen property, to wit: an aggregate sum of N3.350billion with UBA Plc from the account of the Office of the National Security Adviser(ONSA) with the Central Bank of Nigeria(CBN), which belonged to the Federal Government of Nigeria and knowing the said sum to be stolen property but purporting same to be payment for the supply of security equipment and you thereby committed an offence punishable under Section 317 of the Penal Code Act, Cap 532, Vol.4, LFN 2004.

“That you Dalhatu Investment Limited, Sagir Attahiru and Attahiru Dalhatu Bafarawa between 14th April 2014 and 7th May 2015 in Abuja within the jurisdiction of this Honourable Court knew that an aggregate sum of N3.350billion directly represented the proceeds of criminal conducts of Col. Mohammed Sambo Dasuki and Shuaibu Salisu who were National Security Adviser and the Director of Finance, Office of the National Security Adviser respectively ( to wit: criminal breach of trust in respect of the said amount) had possession of the said property and you thereby committed an offence punishable under Section 317 of the Penal Code Act, Cap 532, Vol.4, LFN 2004.

“That you Col. Mohammed Sambo Dasuki whilst being National Security Adviser and Shaibu Salisu, whilst being the Director of Finance and Administration in the Office of the National Security Adviser on or about 20th December 2013 in Abuja within the jurisdiction of this Honourable Court entrusted with dominion over certain properties to wit: N500million being part of the funds in the account of the National Security Adviser with Skye Bank Plc, committed criminal breach of trust in respect of the said property when you transferred same to the account of Dalhatu Investment Limited with United Bank for Africa Plc purporting same to be payment for the supply of security equipment and you thereby committed an offence punishable under Section 315 of the Penal Code Act, Cap 532, Vol.4, LFN 2004.

“That you Col. Mohammed Sambo Dasuki whilst being National Security Adviser and Shaibu Salisu, whilst being the Director of Finance and Administration in the Office of the National Security Adviser, Bashir Yuguda whilst being the Minister of State for Finance between 14th April 2014 and 7th May, 2015 in Abuja within the jurisdiction of this Honourable Court agreed to do an illegal act to wit: criminal breach of trust by public officers in respect of an aggregate sum of N5,050b being part of the funds in the account of the National Security Adviser with CBN and that the same act was done in pursuance of the agreement among you and you thereby committed an offence punishable under Section 97 of the Penal Code Act, Cap 532, Vol.4, LFN 2004.
“That you Bashir Yuguda, Dalhatu Investment Limited, Sagir Attahiru and Attahiru Dalhatu Bafarawa between 2013 and 2015 in Abuja within the jurisdiction of this Honourable Court agreed to do an illegal act to wit: dishonestly receiving stolen property to wit: an aggregate sum of N4.633b being part of the funds in the accounts of the ONSA and that the same act was done in pursuance of the agreement among you and you thereby committed an offence punishable under Section 97 of the Penal Code Act, Cap 532, Vol.4, LFN 2004.

Source: http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/12/12/ex-vp-namadi-sambo-received-monthly-stipends-of-n20m-from-dasuki/

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wambai: Sambo Received N20m From Dasuki Monthly - PM News by iamarvye(m): 5:27am On Dec 12, 2015
Ghen ghen...

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wambai: Sambo Received N20m From Dasuki Monthly - PM News by AnOlAd: 5:29am On Dec 12, 2015
What is all this for God sake

72 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wambai: Sambo Received N20m From Dasuki Monthly - PM News by honeywealth75(m): 5:29am On Dec 12, 2015
Awon odaju buruku

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wambai: Sambo Received N20m From Dasuki Monthly - PM News by honeywealth75(m): 5:30am On Dec 12, 2015
Awon ole, odaju buruku

50 Likes

Re: Wambai: Sambo Received N20m From Dasuki Monthly - PM News by Nobody: 5:31am On Dec 12, 2015
Last Days generosity

8 Likes

Re: Wambai: Sambo Received N20m From Dasuki Monthly - PM News by seunmsg(m): 5:34am On Dec 12, 2015
These revelations are really becoming weird and incredible. So, ONSA operates a strong room full of cash when it is not a bank. What happened to the federal government's e-payment policy? No government agency is supposed to make any cash payment with the introduction of GIFMIS and e-payment. Apart from corruption and money laundry charges, all those involved should also be tried for gross violation of federal governments financial regulations.

135 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Wambai: Sambo Received N20m From Dasuki Monthly - PM News by Raiders: 5:37am On Dec 12, 2015
Atleast we all know GEJ operated the most corrupted government in Nigeria history

266 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Wambai: Sambo Received N20m From Dasuki Monthly - PM News by greatiyk4u(m): 5:43am On Dec 12, 2015
GEJ

12 Likes

Re: Wambai: Sambo Received N20m From Dasuki Monthly - PM News by egift(m): 5:43am On Dec 12, 2015

Dasuki: PDP's ATM. Even Sambo got paid to remain a ghost worker.

163 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Wambai: Sambo Received N20m From Dasuki Monthly - PM News by handie(m): 5:56am On Dec 12, 2015
Meanwhile, ex-Minister of State for Finance,
ex-Governor Attahiru Bafarawa and his son,
Sagir Attahiru and Dalhatu Investment Limited
may have to account for over N18.09billion
when their trial begins next week.
Part of the cash was for PDP’s ‘Operation
Capture North West’.
Thank God for APC, Buhari and everyone who worked for change. We would've woken up one morning, switch on our radio sets and hear that Nigeria has been sold out to Angola... Anyone who'll call Jonathan his hero again ehn,..... His ambition is not worth the blood of any Nigerian but it's worth every kobo of our commonwealth. Kai Jonathan

317 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Wambai: Sambo Received N20m From Dasuki Monthly - PM News by Nobody: 6:02am On Dec 12, 2015
Dasuki and co. deserve death by firing squad, stealing billions of money that would've otherwise been used to save life of tens of thousands Nigerians from the menace of BH. Also it would be sacrilege to exonerate Jona from all these.

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wambai: Sambo Received N20m From Dasuki Monthly - PM News by Lucasbalo(m): 6:04am On Dec 12, 2015
GEJ government will probably go down as one of the worst when it comes to corruption in Nigeria. This is becoming a joke and national calamity for this kind of corruption going on unchecked. I hope Nigeria can recover. There is no amount of greed that warrants turning the national treasury to a personal piggy bank. I wish the youths will rise up to deliver a strong opposition to all this worthless Neanderthals destroying their future.

72 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Wambai: Sambo Received N20m From Dasuki Monthly - PM News by Pavore9: 6:07am On Dec 12, 2015
Sambo Dasuki was indeed the ATM!

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wambai: Sambo Received N20m From Dasuki Monthly - PM News by jomoh: 6:08am On Dec 12, 2015
Web of scandal

7 Likes

Re: Wambai: Sambo Received N20m From Dasuki Monthly - PM News by BlackBaron: 6:11am On Dec 12, 2015
Some of these stories are so weird and sound incredible that I don't want to believe it's true. NSA simply added 'department of finance' to its portfolio?!

When we start seeing convictions of big wigs, I'll be a believer.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wambai: Sambo Received N20m From Dasuki Monthly - PM News by ademega(m): 6:25am On Dec 12, 2015
next year is going to be a year of jail for looters

16 Likes

Re: Wambai: Sambo Received N20m From Dasuki Monthly - PM News by Nobody: 6:31am On Dec 12, 2015
This is just the office of the NSA; there could be mass revolution when it gets to NNPC

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wambai: Sambo Received N20m From Dasuki Monthly - PM News by oluwatomisin93(m): 6:36am On Dec 12, 2015
I cant wait to see this news on front page. anyway its no longer a news am waiting for where another revelation will come that the ex president domestic staff also got their own share. the thunder way go fire this people still they do press up. I guess the best punishment this people deserve is death by stoning but only on one condition after refunding our money. then carry then round Nigerian put money for their mouth they sing ole before taking them to national stadium for stoning.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wambai: Sambo Received N20m From Dasuki Monthly - PM News by Realisticman: 6:38am On Dec 12, 2015
My greatest surprise is all these Northern bigwigs who involved themselves in the 'destruction' of their region. How on earth can these beasts now be entrusted with the lives of other Nigerians? Can we see the reasons why some Nigerians want to pull out of the this country? The black man is black to the heart!

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wambai: Sambo Received N20m From Dasuki Monthly - PM News by Nobody: 6:43am On Dec 12, 2015
What If JEG had won Nigeria is rising, again!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wambai: Sambo Received N20m From Dasuki Monthly - PM News by drberry(m): 6:49am On Dec 12, 2015
Nonsense... Am I the only who's beginning to get tired of all this trial against GEJ'S administration?? The present administration should stop attempting to distract the masses from our current economic woes. It's not like they are even better. PRESIDENT BUHARI, IT'S HIGH TIME YOU STARTED EXECUTING YOUR CHANGE AGENDA AMD STOPPED ALL THESE DISTRACTIONS...

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Wambai: Sambo Received N20m From Dasuki Monthly - PM News by ayemerbarth: 6:50am On Dec 12, 2015
I am Begining to think Dasuki was the minister of Finance and Ngozi the minister of state. For finance.

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wambai: Sambo Received N20m From Dasuki Monthly - PM News by mazzi: 6:50am On Dec 12, 2015
This same Line of diversion of attention is becoming lame please! Bubu and his team of Liars should diversify in their Lying job.ndi ara

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wambai: Sambo Received N20m From Dasuki Monthly - PM News by Nuvally: 6:52am On Dec 12, 2015
handie:
Thank God for APC, Buhari and everyone who worked for change. We would've woken up one morning, switch on our radio sets and hear that Nigeria has been sold out to Angola... Anyone who'll call Jonathan his hero again ehn,..... His ambition is not worth the blood of any Nigerian but it's worth every kobo of our commonwealth. Kai Jonathan

Wonderful change. What a change?!. "Our commonwealth " lol. Some people are funny

3 Likes

Re: Wambai: Sambo Received N20m From Dasuki Monthly - PM News by Aufbauh(m): 6:55am On Dec 12, 2015
Put politicians on minimum wage and see how things change fast.

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wambai: Sambo Received N20m From Dasuki Monthly - PM News by DonLo: 6:56am On Dec 12, 2015
If for only this reason Buhari won, I'm satisfied.

95 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Wambai: Sambo Received N20m From Dasuki Monthly - PM News by LegatusGlaber(m): 7:05am On Dec 12, 2015
This whole exercise is becoming tiring to be honest. If they want to do a thorough job, why not compare these spending against preceding governments.

Don't get me wrong, I am not holding forte for GEJ's administration, neither do I support needless waste of public funds Cum trust. But the fact remains that our past leaders have been nothing but some bunch of visionless and heartless looters.

This present exercise if pursued, will consume a lot of the present actors.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wambai: Sambo Received N20m From Dasuki Monthly - PM News by goodlifehyd(m): 7:06am On Dec 12, 2015
Imagine a ghost VP also collecting 20m monthly, soon Jonathan's part of the deal would be revealed. Now I know why sambo uploaded a photoshopped picture of a curved leg telling us he went for knee surgery. He should come back and clear his name asap. Criminals

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wambai: Sambo Received N20m From Dasuki Monthly - PM News by stuff46(m): 7:19am On Dec 12, 2015
Have anyone been wondering why the Former NSA having been speaking about this whole issue since his detention?
Re: Wambai: Sambo Received N20m From Dasuki Monthly - PM News by Sanchez01: 7:26am On Dec 12, 2015
drberry:
Nonsense... Am I the only who's beginning to get tired of all this trial against GEJ'S administration?? The present administration should stop attempting to distract the masses from our current economic woes. It's not like they are even better. PRESIDENT BUHARI, IT'S HIGH TIME YOU STARTED EXECUTING YOUR CHANGE AGENDA AMD STOPPED ALL THESE DISTRACTIONS...
Obviously you are the only one. And truth be told, it's not important to post since you have nothing meaningful to dish out. Perhaps you would have been so deep in this if you had a soldier as a relative. For crying out loud, we're talking about the single-handed råpe of a country by some so-called bigwigs cum miscreants who have shared the Nations' money like some sports bet winnings.

The evidences are stronger than it was and the ground seems to be crumbling from being a well to a lake. For all it's worth, I'm beginning to see reasons PEJ was worried about her husband languishing in jail. Olisa Metuh has since kept shut because he understands that this is not just a propaganda. NOI who used to run her mouth anyhow has played the role of Pontius Pilate; GEJ is mute and has been roped in already as by NOI.

In the words of the president; "Don't fear me, fear the consequences of your actions."

180 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Wambai: Sambo Received N20m From Dasuki Monthly - PM News by goodlifehyd(m): 7:28am On Dec 12, 2015
drberry:
Sometimes I wonder how people reason, when the case started you all screamed witch hunting and propaganda. Dokpesi was said to have received 2.1B people like you said it was a lie, but fortunately the man showed us he lacked the lying part of politics and shot himself, I could remember someone collecting 4B or thereabout and he told the whole nation its for spiritual purpose. Incase you don't know this $6B shared among those criminals were used judiciously do you think we would still hear anything like boko haram or do you think if that money was shared among 180Million Nigerians it won't go round Mind you this is only arms deal, there are more to be revealed by Dasuki and when the torchlight finally face NNPC you will know Nigeria is finished

102 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

You Have No Brains, No Sense, Amosun Tells Aggrieved Ogun Workers / Senate Orders Arrest Of CEOs Of Glo, Crown Flour Mills 28 Others / Folajimi Lai Mohammed: Campaign Poster Of Lai Mohammed's Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.