Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,236 members, 7,818,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

My 24-yr-old Friend Wants To Date A 16-yr Old Girl - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My 24-yr-old Friend Wants To Date A 16-yr Old Girl (38984 Views)

"Whether I Have A House Or Not, If I Date A Landlady, I Become The Owner" - Man / When Your Fiancé's Friend Wants A Taste Of Your Pudding / Photos From A Pageant For Virgins In Lagos, 16-Yr-Old Student Emerged Winner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 24-yr-old Friend Wants To Date A 16-yr Old Girl by AVRecruit: 11:55pm On Dec 16, 2015
is it better for a girl of 16 years of age to defile herself with multiple boyfriends until 24-25 and have numerous transfer of spirits in that time that she will bring to wreck her husbands home or is it better for her to marry straight up at 21 with the man she met at 16?

You see most people dont think...

1 Like

Re: My 24-yr-old Friend Wants To Date A 16-yr Old Girl by sashaa(f): 12:01am On Dec 17, 2015
Siena:

A minor in which country bro? My mom was married at 16, and had my eldest brother aged 17. I'm pretty sure a lot of posters here had similar parents.

I guess our fathers were all paedophiles.

Out of interest, if the guy was 16, and the woman 24, would sfhe be a paedophile too?
Not 'our' but your fathers were paedophiles.
And yes, anyone that is attracted to a minor is a paedophile. Male or female

1 Like

Re: My 24-yr-old Friend Wants To Date A 16-yr Old Girl by AVRecruit: 12:03am On Dec 17, 2015
sashaa:

you are just jealous. my own mum gave birth to my first brother at 18.

1 Like

Re: My 24-yr-old Friend Wants To Date A 16-yr Old Girl by Nobody: 12:21am On Dec 17, 2015
sashaa:

What is the age of sexual consent in Nigeria? In most of the Western world, it's actually 16.

And just in case you're not aware, one can only have a father, not fathers. In your haste to verbally abuse my father, you failed to apply reasoning, and THINK before posting what you did.

I don't live in Nigeria, but I know what the age of sexual consent in Nigeria is. The question is - do you? I challenge you to find a court in Nigeria that would convict a 24-year-old male for dating a 16-year-old female. Statutory rape? That wouldn't stick either, unless the man forced himself upon the girl AGAINST her will.

3 Likes

Re: My 24-yr-old Friend Wants To Date A 16-yr Old Girl by tomdon(m): 3:30am On Dec 17, 2015
Suigeneris93:
Child abuse...can't imagine any guy dat'll have the guts to talk marriage to my 16yr old younger sister...I'll just castrate d heediot

jealousy jollof
you that you are above 16, how many men have you slept with

2 Likes

Re: My 24-yr-old Friend Wants To Date A 16-yr Old Girl by tomdon(m): 3:34am On Dec 17, 2015
sashaa:

so 16 years is a minor
while girls like you just most girls around now are already sexually active by 16 even though the relationship led no where
I sense jealousy

1 Like

Re: My 24-yr-old Friend Wants To Date A 16-yr Old Girl by oroteminitayo(f): 5:20am On Dec 17, 2015
D Different in age is ok but she is still in secondary. Skol
Re: My 24-yr-old Friend Wants To Date A 16-yr Old Girl by Nobody: 5:45am On Dec 17, 2015
quiinnBee:

are you seriously asking me that? a girl in ss2. undecided
C'mon let's b realistic... U no know d tins wen u or ur classmates do 4 ss2 But bros she 2 small na.... Allow her reach 18 na... Na only 2 yrs remain
quiinnBee:

C'mon let's b realistic... U no know d tins wen u or ur classmates do 4 ss2 But bros she 2 small na.... Allow her reach 18 na... Na only 2 yrs remain
quiinnBee:

Re: My 24-yr-old Friend Wants To Date A 16-yr Old Girl by Nobody: 7:30am On Dec 17, 2015
tomdon:

jealousy jollof
you that you are above 16, how many men have you slept with

Re: My 24-yr-old Friend Wants To Date A 16-yr Old Girl by Offorfelix(m): 7:36am On Dec 17, 2015
Two of u are mad
Re: My 24-yr-old Friend Wants To Date A 16-yr Old Girl by Offorfelix(m): 7:45am On Dec 17, 2015
Tell him to allow that girl to concetrate and finish secondary school b4 doing the sole called nurturing nonsense...

1 Like

Re: My 24-yr-old Friend Wants To Date A 16-yr Old Girl by FuckTheMod: 8:19am On Dec 17, 2015
Oliviaarims:

Nope... Tell him to go cast his net elsewhere and leave secondary school children alone!
So na expired products make him dey pursue abi

1 Like

Re: My 24-yr-old Friend Wants To Date A 16-yr Old Girl by temmyo: 8:48am On Dec 17, 2015
uncle please while making your well constructed points dont turn around the meaning of a bible passage. "rejoice in the wife of YOUR youth" your referring to the man not the woman, as in enjoy your marriage while you are still young and in its early stages. this has NOTHING to do woth a womans age for marriage.
AVRecruit:
I am going to speak the truth. I know many people are neither bold nor do they have capacity for authentic thinking. I am sorry if my post offends.

Women were supposed to go from fathers house straight to husbands house. women need to be guided. the age of consent in many western countries is actually 16. Many of you are trying to make whoever sound dirty/ pedo. Check the law in your country, if the law is 16 or 18 obey the law.

Women when not under control stray themselves. before parents helped choose wives for their daughters now the girls are choosing bad boys. before women would marry young around 17 and still go to university (good choice), today they make the foolish mistake of putting self, career, etc above their homes; they ride the cock carousel and later discover in their late 20s/ 30s interest is not as high. the OP is expected to grow the girls character and guide her.

Want to call me a pedo? then go f**k urself. Men are attracted to young women - the Bible says rejoice in the wife of your youth not the wife of your old age. the OP is being straight - it is better to pick what you into as long as its legal than to go pick what you not into then cheat. Secondly its not as if he is forcing the babe. It is good the man goes for her while legal and save her the wildness that university is. women are supposed to be controlled (in a good way).

So OP ride on legally and let the haters go f**k themselves. in our parents generation, 18 yr old was normal, whats the difference between then and now??
Re: My 24-yr-old Friend Wants To Date A 16-yr Old Girl by temmyo: 8:50am On Dec 17, 2015
Uncle please help us quote the federal legislation that pegs valid sexual consent age at 16 here. thanks
Siena:

What is the age of sexual consent in Nigeria? In most of the Western world, it's actually 16.

And just in case you're not aware, one can only have a father, not fathers. In your haste to verbally abuse my father, you failed to apply reasoning, and THINK before posting what you did.

I don't live in Nigeria, but I know what the age of sexual consent in Nigeria is. The question is - do you? I challenge you to find a court in Nigeria that would convict a 24-year-old male for dating a 16-year-old female. Statutory rape? That wouldn't stick either, unless the man forced himself upon the girl AGAINST her will.
Re: My 24-yr-old Friend Wants To Date A 16-yr Old Girl by ccollins(m): 9:08am On Dec 17, 2015
IBBG:
personally I don't think is right to be discussing such with a little girl of that age no matter how we try to justify and rationalise it. deep down we know the truth.
let me narrate my own story which is similar to this.
I once had a girl I was crushing on and who was also crushing on me within that age bracket. I was 21yrs then and she was sixteen. I sought counsel with my pals then as to what to do since I considered her still very young for such. most of my pals kept telling me to date her that there is nothing wrong. and if i delay she might change her mind and somebody else will end up dating her and I will lose her.
though I luved her very much then, but I couldn't bring myself to do such because I had my set values and beliefs that I vowed to myself never to flaunt no matter what it costs me which are
1)I will never have dealings with any under age girl
2)I will only treat girls the way I want my younger sisters to be treated by guys
3)I can't stand my thoughts or conscience blaming me constantly of corrupting an innocent underage girl
4)relationship is dynamic. you can't tell with absolute accuracy what might happen next in a relationship. some of the things you said you won't do in a relationship you see yourself one day doing them. what will be the consequence of such if it eventually happens with this girl.
5)I did not want to soil my reputation. I had already built a reputation of being a very decent and reponsible person such that some parents in my neighbourhood were using me as an example to their sons on how a good son should behave whenever they were correcting their erring sons.
I ended up settling for being just nice and normal frnds with her, until when she matures, then I can really ask her out. she actually got to 18 and was already in the university by then, I tried wooing her, she turned me down insinuating the feelings she had were no longer there.
l moved on with no regrets, rather I was full of pride and high self esteem applauding myself for being able to stand firm, sticking to my values and beliefs irrespective of some of my frnd's advice and pressure then.
To me the end result of succeeding or failing in wooing her didn't matter, but the process made me a better person because I was able to develop discipline by sticking to my values and philosophy irrespective of the fact that it may cost me loosing her.

she is not underage,this depends on purpose of relationship. are you having her for sake of sex..

a girl is free to have what ever
relationship she wants and desires to experience. she is
free @ 16 as far as it is consensual.. what's problem
with some ladies with this their "I over too care "
attitude.. free her,let the youthful exuberance ,energy
and outflow of emotions and expression be given to
her. it's a free world, hypocrite.. many do fornication
and relationship in secondary school especially
boarding school with their boyfriend.. sooo madam,
better watch your mouth and stop showing out how
pretentious you are.. if she wants to hide her romance
life secretly from you. I bet you can do nothing about
it.. so stop this noise. as a matter of fact, check sexual
offenders act and Nigerian criminal laws relating to sex
it states clearly 16 yrs is legal age for consensual carnal
knowledge.. how much more a mere relationship with a
25 year old.. it's people like you that act openly like
you gave birth to morals but then at every ones
back,act like devils... I bet if am 25 years and I asked to
nuture your sister @ 16yrs so far as it is for marriage and positive

1 Like

Re: My 24-yr-old Friend Wants To Date A 16-yr Old Girl by Nobody: 9:47am On Dec 17, 2015
INDUSTRIALFAN:
I've given my gf my phone to talk to her but she remains undeterred blocked her line but she always has another line to call with. It's just like a case of you hiding your food stuffs at home but one way or the other, the rats keep finding a way to improvise. at a point I was even beginning to think someone I know was just playing tricks cos this girl won't just back down. Trust me I have tried all I can.
she takes creepy to a whole new level grin first degree obsession
Re: My 24-yr-old Friend Wants To Date A 16-yr Old Girl by Nobody: 9:48am On Dec 17, 2015
Siena:

Luckily, this guy isn't at the mercy of a court chaired by you. In the eyes of the law, he is not guilty of anything, not even statutory rápe. The age of sexual consent in most of the Western world IS 16.

You live in Nigeria, and call a 24-year-old man dating a 16-year-old girl a paedophile? What is your definition of a paedophile, if I may ask?
the legal age in nigeria and most country is 18.which makes her a minor.if you live in the uk like your profile denotes you should know all this.
Re: My 24-yr-old Friend Wants To Date A 16-yr Old Girl by ccollins(m): 9:59am On Dec 17, 2015
quiinnBee:

the legal age in nigeria and most country is 18.which makes her a minor.if you live in the uk like your profile denotes you should know all this.
are you this retarded,, 18 is basic year for adult which is not even accepted in some countries.. 16 years is legitimate age for consensual sex in Nigeria. okay I am dating a 16 year old currently, report and carry me to court. nonsense

1 Like

Re: My 24-yr-old Friend Wants To Date A 16-yr Old Girl by ccollins(m): 10:02am On Dec 17, 2015
esonuu:
Dat gul is stil a minor,she knws nothing abt love/life,she can accept ur frnd nw cos of one silly reason,e.g "i like d way he laughs,he speaks gud english,hes handsome,he has money e.t.c BUT the moment she gets to the age of 23,24,25(wen her flower fully blossoms),her choices wil begin to change,she myt nt fancy ur frnd or his kinda lyf again cos shes grown into a woman and by then ur frnd wil start saying tins like "women are ungrateful,after all dis yrs,tym resources,emotions e.t.c,..only 2 out of hundred ladies wil become full grown adults and stil stick to the choices they made as a teenager in terms of relationship.tel ur frnd nt to dig his own grave by himsef cos the hrtbrk dis gul wil give him in future,he myt nt survive it
did I hear you say 23,24 ,25 at that age.. you will regret marrying such women because her innocence has disappeared then and are so dumb not to know most girls at that age already have many boyfriends before and are defiled already.. what you say is very disgusting

1 Like

Re: My 24-yr-old Friend Wants To Date A 16-yr Old Girl by ccollins(m): 10:12am On Dec 17, 2015
dazzlingd:
Kindly let the girl grow pls, she is still young and just about to start exploring her sweet sixteen....she's inexperienced and what she desires now might not remain d same in the next 6 years. And what if later on you end up not being her type...

so for your sake and the girl's sake, grow and let her grow
she is not underage,this depends on purpose of
relationship. are you having her for sake of sex..
nuture your sister @ 16yrs so far as it is for marriage
and positive

1 Like

Re: My 24-yr-old Friend Wants To Date A 16-yr Old Girl by ccollins(m): 10:13am On Dec 17, 2015
OldJohn:

You are obviously the one and u are a bloody pedophile.

U are a fool too. She is a minor, regardless of how she carries herself. Whatever u do with/to her is child abuse
mumu, she is not underage,this depends on purpose of
and positive
Re: My 24-yr-old Friend Wants To Date A 16-yr Old Girl by ccollins(m): 10:20am On Dec 17, 2015
smitez:

16yrs is accepted as legal if and only if they are both below 18yrs.. If anyone is above 18, then its a crime.. thou in Nigeria we don't really do court stuffs, but If person Wei serious change that dude to court, na die be that o.. He would he registered as a sexual offender for life..

Beside only a sick person would even think of such a thing.. It's 2016 dude get a life!! that thing u got ain't one
what's your source and base, you show high foolishness here. so its acceptable for any child below 18 to have sex so far that it is they are below 18..what if the boy below 18 rapes her and why if it's legal,school ban it and parents can't tolerate such rubbish. for your information, consensual age for Sex is 16.. if you want proofs on this concerning Nigeria laws. I will give them to you so you shut your dirty mouth

1 Like

Re: My 24-yr-old Friend Wants To Date A 16-yr Old Girl by ccollins(m): 10:40am On Dec 17, 2015
NellyGhenghen:
Statutory rape. Is this a result of lack of confidence or what? I mean there are lots of other girls in his age range around.
and positive
Re: My 24-yr-old Friend Wants To Date A 16-yr Old Girl by ccollins(m): 10:42am On Dec 17, 2015
zinaunreal:
I addition to what you have pointed out, serial cases of pedophiles would never have anything with such a young child when she has begun to show signs of development and maturity. So I don't know why every small thing here about Nigerian reasoning na child abuser, underage. People should do their research and home work before they spit nonsense. But I would never support dating a minor for any reason, she must be 18 and above, fully aware of herself as an adult and able to make important decisions about what she wants.
and positive
Re: My 24-yr-old Friend Wants To Date A 16-yr Old Girl by esonuu(m): 11:50am On Dec 17, 2015
ccollins:

did I hear you say 23,24 ,25 at that age.. you will regret marrying such women because her innocence has disappeared then and are so dumb not to know most girls at that age already have many boyfriends before and are defiled already.. what you say is very disgusting
Mr,hw am i dumb,wat did i say dats disgusting? I presume u dnt evn knw the meaning of the word "dumb and disgusting".. did i say he should marry her at those age bracket i mentioned,i'm tryn to tel dis guy nt to date dat little gul cos shes too young and knws nothing yet therefore she can accept dis guy today and wen she fully becums a woman,wen her eyes must have opened(within those age brackets i mentioned),her choices wil change cos she has started seeing lots of guys wit oda qualities she myt prefer..next time i advice u read and understand a comment properly b4 u start quoting sum1 and pls if u cant quote without using careless/insulting words,jst dnt bother quoting me cos u myt nt be able to take d heat wen i lose my cool*NO HARD FEELINGS*
Re: My 24-yr-old Friend Wants To Date A 16-yr Old Girl by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 12:30pm On Dec 17, 2015
quiinnBee:

she takes creepy to a whole new level grin first degree obsession
I would be lying if I say I don't agree with you.... Creepy shit I tell you...
Re: My 24-yr-old Friend Wants To Date A 16-yr Old Girl by Nobody: 12:42pm On Dec 17, 2015
ccollins:

mumu, she is not underage,this depends on purpose of
and positive

But you are still a fool ooo. Shey u sha know? A perverted fool. So instead of encouraging a girl of 16 to focus on her books you want to be "grooming" her for marriage. She has not written waec, not gained admission, no degree and u want to start talking marriage... A small girl that can easily be swayed and impressed u are using to score a cheap point

I'm sure u were a product of street affair and abused as a kid that's why u have no respect for children... And her aunty that u are going through... Why not her mum, am sure her aunty won't let a man come after her own child of 16... Maybe she is a LovePeddler. No respect for children. I'm sure that's the age she started eating forbidden fruit... Illiterates everywhere
Re: My 24-yr-old Friend Wants To Date A 16-yr Old Girl by dazzlingd(m): 1:19pm On Dec 17, 2015
ccollins:
and positive

grin grin
I am no madam, I'm a guy
bro, ur reply is off point...
Re: My 24-yr-old Friend Wants To Date A 16-yr Old Girl by sirhamilton(m): 3:07pm On Dec 17, 2015
dubemnaija:
My friend is 24, a graduate, and does a fairly paid job. He recently started wooing a 16-yr-old SS2 student through her aunt (The girl lives with her mom's sister). According to him, he wants to nurture this girl probably for marriage grin.

He told me about it today and I was stunned. He said he wanted to get as many advice as possible, so he'd know the next line of action to take..

young man, stop this nonsense. you're talking bout yourself . There's no friend out there

In answering your question: what if that 16 year old was your sister ? will you encourage her to date a 24 year old?
#bewise
Re: My 24-yr-old Friend Wants To Date A 16-yr Old Girl by Nobody: 3:29pm On Dec 17, 2015
From the majority of responses here, it would appear the issues lie with the guy being 24, rather than the girl being 16.

Suppose both were 16, what would those calling the guy in question a paedophile brand either of them?
Re: My 24-yr-old Friend Wants To Date A 16-yr Old Girl by sashaa(f): 4:58pm On Dec 17, 2015
AVRecruit:

you are just jealous. my own mum gave birth to my first brother at 18.
Jealous of your mother?
Re: My 24-yr-old Friend Wants To Date A 16-yr Old Girl by sashaa(f): 5:05pm On Dec 17, 2015
tomdon:

so 16 years is a minor
while girls like you just most girls around now are already sexually active by 16 even though the relationship led no where
I sense jealousy
I'm not quite sure I get your point or your English. Do u mean it's ok for a girl of 16 to be sexually active just. Because according to you most girls that age already are?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Can A Broke Guy Quench His Sex Desires? / A Nairalander Pre-wedding Picture After 12 Year Relationship / Groom Checking His Phone While Walking Down The Aisle With His Wife (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.