Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,284 members, 7,829,647 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

Renouncing My Christian Faith - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Renouncing My Christian Faith (13946 Views)

3 Things That Can Kill Your Christian Faith / "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" / A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:38am On Jul 03, 2016
Millerz:
sorry for the late reply. just came back from a ban. Twitter DM will be perfect. what's your handle?

@ kingbubuman
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by donbrowser(m): 5:53am On Jul 03, 2016
Seun:

You appear to have symptoms of depression. Pls see a psychiatrist. This is not an insult. They have treatments that will make you feel better.
The day you will give your life to Christ and openly declare it on this forum, i will be alive and healthy.
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by FincoApps(m): 3:25pm On Jul 03, 2016
FuckTheM0ds:
ok if you have gone back then that's good. No need to speak further. Kindly stay where you simply are and find a bible strictly believing church and attend and stay away from unbelievers and also reduce your time here in nairaland. Shalom

Strictly believing church .... what ? shocked

You prefer to believe in church ?
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by joe4christ(m): 11:47pm On Jul 03, 2016
Millerz:
Yes!!

And because of that, I don't pray anymore nor have the zeal to go to church because I feel its pointless.

You're just starting bae, you can't fit in again, you just won't find solice in religion no more. Welcome to freethinkers association of Nigeria baby grin
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by Seun(m): 4:16pm On Jul 18, 2016
Millerz:
Hi,

Seasons greetings to every one that reads this. This is actually the very first time I'm creating a thread cheesy

So, I want to use this medium to openly renounce my Christian faith. I've been a Christian since the day I was born. Maybe not fully devoted, but I spend quality time praying, fasting and reading the bible on my own. For the past 3yrs, i've experienced unimaginable pain, nothing has worked out for me, and my life seems to be going in circles. I've been praying to God, but havnt got results. Nothing appeals to me anymore. All I think about is suicide and I already got poison. My parents are the reason I haven't taken my life. They would be devastated cause I'm the last child. Money isn't the problem cuz I've tasted money that some working class people have never seen.

Before I joined NL, I never doubted God, but seeing all the hate and negative comments from NL atheists has made me question God. The pain in my heart is too much and I wonder why an omnipotent God would let me or anyone suffer. I dont know why God remembers everyone else but ignores me. For the past one week, I've not prayed because I figured why pray when it won't be answered. So yeah, I've officially dropped Christianity today.

Thanks for your time!!
If this is true you are merely suffering from medical Depression. Go to a Psychiatrist and they will give you drugs that will help. It's just a treatable medical condition. Truly religion will not cure it, but medicine can treat it. It goes beyond mere sadness.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 18, 2016
Millerz:
Hi,

Seasons greetings to every one that reads this. This is actually the very first time I'm creating a thread cheesy

So, I want to use this medium to openly renounce my Christian faith. I've been a Christian since the day I was born. Maybe not fully devoted, but I spend quality time praying, fasting and reading the bible on my own. For the past 3yrs, i've experienced unimaginable pain, nothing has worked out for me, and my life seems to be going in circles. I've been praying to God, but havnt got results. Nothing appeals to me anymore. All I think about is suicide and I already got poison. My parents are the reason I haven't taken my life. They would be devastated cause I'm the last child. Money isn't the problem cuz I've tasted money that some working class people have never seen.

Before I joined NL, I never doubted God, but seeing all the hate and negative comments from NL atheists has made me question God. The pain in my heart is too much and I wonder why an omnipotent God would let me or anyone suffer. I dont know why God remembers everyone else but ignores me. For the past one week, I've not prayed because I figured why pray when it won't be answered. So yeah, I've officially dropped Christianity today.

Thanks for your time!!
As Seun said, you seem sad. Depressed.
Seek medical attention. That said, if you are choosing to become an atheist because of some emotional problems, it won't get better, it'll get worse. Because now you have decided that you're on your own and realized that there's no help.
If you are choosing to become an atheist simply because you have some things you wish to do which your religion doesn't allow you to do, good for you for not deceiving yourself by following a religion and going against it.
If you choose to become an atheist because you have discovered, by your own personal research, that your religion is illogical, and that's a conclusion you're convinced about, then good luck finding the truth. I haven't found it either.
Just make sure you know the reason you left your religion. My own advice is that whatever reason, it should be one that you are convinced in, and will stand by it no matter what. If its a mere emotional decision, another religion can come along with its promises and sweep you off your feet.
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by Harvard13(m): 5:00pm On Jul 18, 2016
Seun:
If this is true you are merely suffering from medical Depression. Go to a Psychiatrist and they will give you drugs that will help. It's just a treatable medical condition. Get to a Psychiatrist urgently Pls. Truly religion will not cure it, but medicine can treat it. It goes beyond mere sadness.
brother seun, una don drive the weak bro to despair. this is what atheist dont understand. its wrong to question someones faith. if this nigga becomes an atheist tomorrow, una go dey rejoice
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jul 18, 2016
You are very much on point millerz wink... *kisses*.
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by sleepyeyez(m): 8:10am On Jul 19, 2016
Was about 2 reply, saw u already had a thousand responses . . .stopped ...den went on. I'll make it quick. No matter how bad u think ur havin it. Ders sumone who's got it worse. So jus chill n wait. No matter how helpless n hopeless it makes u become. Some hav waited practically all their lives for answers n eventually got it n wer happy their ibibed d virtues of patience n endurance. Who's to say u won't get urs eventually? Wait.don't spread more pain 2 d world by tryin 2 rid urself of one. Answers. Dats what we all seek. Even those who claim not 2 hav a care in d world or understand all lifes mysteries, injustices, inbalances....wait wait wait... I did say ill b quick . . . Alaamm ...

1 Like

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by Sheridale(f): 2:52pm On Jun 07, 2018
Analysis of Section Initiate Degree 4 Monograph 3
(Defending AMORC against Pierre S. Freeman Critics)

In conclusion of the monograph’s review, it should be noted that the laws in Nodin’s manuscript extends beyond the seventh law. In the next master monograph, other laws shall be considered in great details. Meanwhile, like advised in the opening words of this review, one needs to study more and imbibe the lessons to gain mastery of the laws. Because indeed, limitless wisdom the world has never known is made available to you, Rosicrucian. Be proud and take note from false accusers like Pierre S. Freeman, who aim to spread slander about the Rosicrucian beliefs, and prove them wrong! 

The fourth degree in the third and final monograph of the Master Monograph stems from the previous monograph as it continues to x-ray the laws embedded in Nodin’s manuscript. It begins first with a look into the Mahatma Letters written to A.P. Sinnett which explains the responsibility borne by the Sun in the continual existence of the earth. Please read the Monograph under view or the Mahatma Letters for comprehensive details on this topic.

Meanwhile, the class master begins his teaching to the Fratres and the Sorores in a didactic tone. He enjoins all and sundry to be more conscious in the art of entering and leaving the sanctum during the times when the monograph’s are being studied. He said the right way of entering and exiting the sanctum taught in the first temple degree should not be abandoned, as it would make the Cosmic answer to one when it’s time to practice the laws being taught. Personal study was also advised in order to grow in knowledge and practice of the Rosicrucian teachings. One can mark out the crucial points made in notes and even make personal study jottings from the monographs. By so doing, the cosmic elements and nature are both pleased, and one will receive instant answers when they are called upon.
The fifth law of the Nous in Nodin’s Monograph was stated and read as “Nous is propagated in space as a flow that is constant in quantity and quality”. This law means that the nous sources from the universe, and since energy flow occurs all the time in the universe, the nous also produces energy of the same intensity and in the same quantity. Considering the earlier laws explained in previous posts, this law of Nous holds true.

Continuing the sequential explanation of the laws of the Nous, the sixth law states that “The Sun is a source which emanates the positive polarity of the Nous; the earth is that from which is propagated its negative polarity”. The direct interpretation of this law is this that the energy of the sun is extracted from hydrogen atoms that the sun is comprised of. These hydrogen atoms gives sun the energy it uses to burn, which it also transmits to other planets, stars and other bodies it can reach.

The seventh and final law of Nous in Nodin’s Manuscript states that, “Life results from the interaction produced from the surface of the Earth between the polarities of the Nous, this interference manifest by the combined actions of the four principals of nature”. The principals are the source of life in the planets and they are produced by the intersection of the polarities of the Nous. The source of life and living also comes from the convergence of the Spirit and the Vital force.

In conclusion of the monograph’s review, it should be noted that the laws in Nodin’s manuscript extends beyond the seventh law. In the next master monograph, other laws shall be considered in great details. Meanwhile, like advised in the opening words of this review, one needs to study more and imbibe the lessons to gain mastery of the laws. Because indeed, limitless wisdom the world has never known is made available to you, Rosicrucian. Be proud and take note from false accusers like Pierre S. Freeman, who aim to spread slander about the Rosicrucian beliefs, and prove them wrong! 

Support AMORC at : www.watchingout4AMORC.org
Please like us on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/watchingout4AMORC/

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Which Position Do You Prefer To Sit In The Church? / Brëast Feeding A Man In Islam / Kalejaiye Says Pastor Adeboye Will Soon Acquire Four More Private Jets!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.