Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,249 members, 7,829,459 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Renouncing My Christian Faith - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Renouncing My Christian Faith (13943 Views)

3 Things That Can Kill Your Christian Faith / "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" / A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by Nobody: 2:52pm On Dec 19, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Am I going to get another 'oh boy , you win' comment ?
Probably.
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by nynbrada: 3:16pm On Dec 19, 2015
When i first read ur post, i never felt taken aback @ ur decision to quit christianity. 'Cos such public renouncing by some of these never-do-well and half baked xtians is fast becoming a common place here on nairaland.

But after going 2ru your responses, i am now inclined to believe yu are going thru a difficult period in ur xtian walk. And yu also appear sincere in soliciting for help in terms of advice.

Let me just share this insight in walking wt God wt yu.
Yu said that yu' ve prayed and fasted and yet yu feel God just getting further away from yu.

The issue here is:
i. It is either yu are not praying alright, cos God always answers prayers.
1 John 5:14. And this is the confidence that we have in him, that if we ask anything according to his will, he heareth us.
Vs 15. And if we know that he hears us, whatsoever we ask , we know we have the petition that we desired of him.
So if yu feel yu are not getting answers 2 ur prayers be sure yu are not praying according to his will.

ii. Or yu have prolem hearing from him and in other to hear from God yu've got 2 understand that God is more interested in speaking 2 yu than yu are willing to hearing from him.
With these said yu' ve got to cultivate and nourish an attitude to hearing from God,
Isaiah 30:20. And though the Lord give yu d bread of adversity, and d water of affliction, yet shall not thy teacher be removed into a corner anymore. But thine eyes shall see thy teacher:
vs 21. And thine ears shall hear a word behind(within) thee, saying this is the way, walk ye in it when ye turn 2 d right hand n when ye turn 2 d left.

iii. yu must also understand that d xtian walk is not a micro- wave experience. There are no quick fix to it. You have 2 learn 2 develop urself 2ru patience n humility by d trials n afflition yu go 2ru in life. As they end up making yu a better xtian.
1 Peter1:6. Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness 2ru manifold temptations:
vs 7. That d trial of ur faith, being much more precious than gold that perisheth, though it be tried wt fire, might be found unto praise n honour and glory at d appearing of Jesus Christ.

Finally, pls take heed to what some of d other posters hv said. Learn to take attention away from ur own problem by taking time to pray for other people...he that waters shall also himself be watered.

My sister yu are a daughter of the most high and he will never leave nor forsake yu.

Bye n remain blessed.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by Holyman3(m): 4:29pm On Dec 19, 2015
plaetton:

Unbelief of middle East stone-age myths is as much a sin as unbelief that Santa Claus is domiciled in the North Pole.

That atheists are sinners because their unbelief in the skyfairy is not pleasing to the skyfairy is the funniest , most ironic, most moronic statement that I have come across this month, and perhaps the whole year.

You have done it again, my boy.

This is an Einstein moment.

You are actually doing a great job trying to educate fools. It must be a very difficult job. I gave up on them long ago.

1 Like

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by plaetton: 4:42pm On Dec 19, 2015
Holyman3:

You are actually doing a great job trying to educate fools. It must be a very difficult job. I gave upon them long ago.

cheesy

Indeed, it is a most difficult job.
But someone's gotta do it.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by Ishilove: 7:05pm On Dec 19, 2015
plaetton:

cheesy

Indeed, it is a most difficult job.
But someone's gotta do it.
For your mind tongue
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by plaetton: 7:12pm On Dec 19, 2015
Ishilove:

For your mind tongue

See your face smiley,

I am still waiting for you to cross over to the other side, the right side, the sovereign side.

Come hither.
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by hahn(m): 7:20pm On Dec 19, 2015
Chubhie:
Hahn, come and see your handwork.

Bro, the op is confused undecided
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by Nobody: 7:22pm On Dec 19, 2015
plaetton:

See your face smiley,

I am still waiting for you to cross over to the other side, the right side, the sovereign side.

Come hither.
We are all waiting to welcome her royal sexiness with open arms. cheesy cheesy grin

And other openings.. tongue

1 Like

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by Oselumhe: 7:22pm On Dec 19, 2015
Millerz:
Hi,

Seasons greetings to every one that reads this. This is actually the very first time I'm creating a thread cheesy[color=#006600][/color]

So, I want to use this medium to openly renounce my Christian faith. I've been a Christian since the day I was born. Maybe not fully devoted, but I spend quality time praying, fasting and reading the bible on my own. For the past 3yrs, i've experienced unimaginable pain, nothing has worked out for me, and my life seems to be going in circles. I've been praying to God, but havnt got results. Nothing appeals to me anymore. All I think about is suicide and I already got poison. My parents are the reason I haven't taken my life. They would be devastated cause I'm the last child. Money isn't the problem cuz I've tasted money that some working class people have never seen.

Before I joined NL, I never doubted God, but seeing all the hate and negative comments from NL atheists has made me question God. The pain in my heart is too much and I wonder why an omnipotent God would let me or anyone suffer. I dont know why God remembers everyone else but ignores me. For the past one week, I've not prayed because I figured why pray when it won't be answered. So yeah, I've officially dropped Christianity today.

Thanks for your time!!
Well from your write up I see that you tend to renounce your faith,because of some atheist write up......well what you don't know is that this atheist may eventually become christian later and you that they ave misled well now rot in hell....but pls answer this question.......were you born again?.....I mean ave you ever in your christian faith repented from sin and given your life to Christ?........reading the bible,fasting,praying doesn't make you a christian....God will only answer the prayer of someone that ave given his or her life to Christ.....and faith also helps in answer to prayer.......but if you won't mind you can come to our December retreat coming up from 24-27th December......at any deeper life camp ground......God bless you......

1 Like

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:32pm On Dec 19, 2015
plaetton:

See your face smiley,

Come hither.

Ishilove pls say no to baked foolishness iced with deception
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by Ishilove: 7:35pm On Dec 19, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Ishilove pls say no to baked foolishness iced with deception
Lol. Me and plaetton know each other well. He knows I WILL never cross over to his side. I will keep praying for him sha

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by Holyman3(m): 7:37pm On Dec 19, 2015
Oselumhe:

Well from your write up I see that you tend to renounce your faith,because of some atheist write up......well what you don't know is that this atheist may eventually become christian later and you that they ave misled well now rot in hell....but pls answer this question.......were you born again?.....I mean ave you ever in your christian faith repented from sin and given your life to Christ?........reading the bible,fasting,praying doesn't make you a christian....God will only answer the prayer of someone that ave given his or her life to Christ.....and faith also helps in answer to prayer.......but if you won't mind you can come to our December retreat coming up from 24-27th December......at any deeper life camp ground......God bless you......

Silly response as always.
He has been a Christian all his life and all of a sudden, Deeper Life is where the prayers will be answered.

Your Superman up there ignored his prayers ever since he was young.
And the moment he decided to quit bothering him like some of us did long ago, you jumped out of nowhere and invited him to a different kind of gibberish that has no evidence of ever working.
Why are you struggling to convince him to return to ways that has not worked for him?

Give me one example of your own prayers that has ever been answered, with evidence.

2 Likes

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by Oselumhe: 7:45pm On Dec 19, 2015
[quote author=Holyman3 post=41157849]

He has been a Christian all his life and all of a sudden, Deeper Life is where the prayers will be answered.

And the moment he decided to quit bothering him like some of us did long ago, you jumped out of nowhere and invited him to a different kind of gibberish that has no evidence of ever working.
Why are you struggling to convince him to return to ways that has not worked for him?

Give me one example of your own prayers that has ever been answered, with evidence.

[/quote
Prayer for salvation.....God answered that and you too pray that and God will answer it.....I hope you can see that God answer prayer...cos when I prayed for salvation he gave me....he evidence is that old things pass away....you may not believe but pray the prayer and you will see the evidence.....God answered that and you too pray that and God will answer it.....I hope you can see that God answer prayer...cos when I prayed for salvation he gave me....and who told you God don't answer prayer it because when you hear about miracle...you don't believe in it......if you ave sufficient data go online and check the testimony from this year Shiloh(winners chapel)......that is if you will believe..,,you atheist believe if something can't be done medically no way...I pity you...God bless you......I just invited her to come to a program where God can heal her....,deeper life is not the only place prayer is been answered....God answers prayer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by Oselumhe: 7:49pm On Dec 19, 2015
[quote author=Holyman3 post=41157849]

[/quote
Prayer for salvation the evidence is that old things pass away....you may not believe but pray the prayer and you will see the evidence.....God answered that and you too pray that and God will answer it.....I hope you can see that God answer prayer...cos when I prayed for salvation he gave me....and who told you God don't answer prayer it because when you hear about miracle...you don't believe in it......if you ave sufficient data go online and check the testimony from this year Shiloh(winners chapel)......that is if you will believe..,,you atheist believe if something can't be done medically no way...I pity you...God bless yoi
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by Nobody: 7:56pm On Dec 19, 2015
been trying to call you. do check your inbox. thanks.
dearpreye:

Sent. Please check.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by Oselumhe: 8:02pm On Dec 19, 2015
ichommy:
If you notice, I hardly Argue here, but I use to hammer something. Atheists are once C or M. Am angry i wasted most of my life about Christianity. Fasting, praying, studying Story Book ( Bible ) its annoying abi Ebuka? I will rather settle for African Religion Dan foreign mumu gods :/

P.S Dont quote Story book for me, i sabi am pass U grin

Hmm a wasted life is a life without Christ.....you may laugh now very hard and insult God as you like......but a day is coming if you don't repent and give your life to Christ...you story will be oh I wasted my entire life not been a christian............Christ is calling you today...don't die without Christ hell is so hot you can't withstand it.....I pray God hello you cry embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by Oselumhe: 8:03pm On Dec 19, 2015
ichommy:
If you notice, I hardly Argue here, but I use to hammer something. Atheists are once C or M. Am angry i wasted most of my life about Christianity. Fasting, praying, studying Story Book ( Bible ) its annoying abi Ebuka? I will rather settle for African Religion Dan foreign mumu gods :/

P.S Dont quote Story book for me, i sabi am pass U grin

Hmm a wasted life is a life without Christ.....you may laugh now very hard and insult God as you like......but a day is coming if you don't repent and give your life to Christ...you story will be oh I wasted my entire life not been a christian............Christ is calling you today...don't die without Christ hell is so hot you can't withstand it.....I pray God help you cry embarassed
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by vooks: 8:08pm On Dec 19, 2015
Millerz:
Kindly ignore vooks. I've no reason to cook up stories for public opinion, neither do I intend seeking attention. I've been disturbed by this issue for several months now so if he thinks its a fabricated story then he's clearly in oblivion.

Now that trapQ has had her 15 moments of shame and fame, tell me exactly what you need done for you?

A few days ago you were bragging of how enviable your school is, how widely travelled you are and so forth
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by plaetton: 8:36pm On Dec 19, 2015
Ishilove:

Lol. Me and plaetton know each other well. He knows I WILL never cross over to his side. I will keep praying for him sha

I am sure you would cross over once you consider that I may be the risen Christ, incarnated as a black African, clothed in lion cloth and okpu agu, to show my African brethren the sovereign path to personal redemption.

Do you doubt me, or do you think that your Christ come back in blonde hair, blue eyes and white silk robes ?

Come hither, my fair lady, come.
Sovereignty and redemption becons thee.
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:46pm On Dec 19, 2015
^^^ its tough to overlook misconceptions and willful delusion but neh ... Its fun to watch most times with 3d glasses cool
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by Alezy(m): 10:29pm On Dec 19, 2015
Millerz:
Hi,

Seasons greetings to every one that reads this. This is actually the very first time I'm creating a thread cheesy

So, I want to use this medium to openly renounce my Christian faith. I've been a Christian since the day I was born. Maybe not fully devoted, but I spend quality time praying, fasting and reading the bible on my own. For the past 3yrs, i've experienced unimaginable pain, nothing has worked out for me, and my life seems to be going in circles. I've been praying to God, but havnt got results. Nothing appeals to me anymore. All I think about is suicide and I already got poison. My parents are the reason I haven't taken my life. They would be devastated cause I'm the last child. Money isn't the problem cuz I've tasted money that some working class people have never seen.

Before I joined NL, I never doubted God, but seeing all the hate and negative comments from NL atheists has made me question God. The pain in my heart is too much and I wonder why an omnipotent God would let me or anyone suffer. I dont know why God remembers everyone else but ignores me. For the past one week, I've not prayed because I figured why pray when it won't be answered. So yeah, I've officially dropped Christianity today.

Thanks for your time!!
Why announce it to us?? do what's on ur mind if u think it's right
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by analice107: 11:04pm On Dec 19, 2015
@Alezy, pls help me tell her ooo. dey babe think say, wen she come here come announce her departure we go miss am well well, fall for ground dey beg her to stay.

Just imagine!! Na TBJousha follower she be sef. No be say she even serious with God sef.

When ur faith is build on this 'The more you look, the less you see', kind of mirage, the day they size, You are finished.

If Angel Michael decides to turn his back on Christ, we will wish him Godspeed. 'And his office another shall take'.

Sister, drink your poison. Enjoy and savor the effect. Or become an atheist, thats what is trending now right? What ever you choose. You didn't need to come here and wail.

If I tell you my experience, for good Ten years, you'll drink gamalin 20, on my behalf. But I stood and I now have a testimony that no one can take away or gainsay.

Just two days ago, a matured man (openly crying tears), going through his own growth (Wilderness) came to me asking, how I was able to pull through. I took him through the Word, prayed and handed him over to God. he will pull through.

Make Satan happy, kill yourself. Satan will stand to call you by the names of ur sins on the day of judgement.
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by Alezy(m): 6:08am On Dec 20, 2015
analice107:
@Alezy, pls help me tell her ooo. dey babe think say, wen she come here come announce her departure we go miss am well well, fall for ground dey beg her to stay.

Just imagine!! Na TBJousha follower she be sef. No be say she even serious with God sef.

When ur faith is build on this 'The more you look, the less you see', kind of mirage, the day they size, You are finished.

If Angel Michael decides to turn his back on Christ, we will wish him Godspeed. 'And his office another shall take'.

Sister, drink your poison. Enjoy and savor the effect. Or become an atheist, thats what is trending now right? What ever you choose. You didn't need to come here and wail.

If I tell you my experience, for good Ten years, you'll drink gamalin 20, on my behalf. But I stood and I now have a testimony that no one can take away or gainsay.

Just two days ago, a matured man (openly crying tears), going through his own growth (Wilderness) came to me asking, how I was able to pull through. I took him through the Word, prayed and handed him over to God. he will pull through.

Make Satan happy, kill yourself. Satan will stand to call you by the names of ur sins on the day of judgement.

oh, didn't know she was a synagogue member, but I thought she said she has been a christian from birth? hmm. ..well, every aboki to him kettle.

Ppl have experienced worse but are still standing cos they know the power of who they are serving despite the temptations.

its more easy to be a child of the devil Dan to be a child of God cos they devil knows ur saved and he his not happy.

If All these years she has been a christian and she doesn't understand this then E hard be that o.
she might be a disguised Christian just coming here to say nonsense.
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by Nobody: 8:14am On Dec 20, 2015
Millerz:
Vooks

your hypocrisy is alarming you know. Last time i checked, you left Christianity for new age only to go back again. Who seems to be more confused now? Your contributions are clearly not needed on this thread. if you're gonna bitch about serious issues such as this one then kindly exit the thread.

Even Jesus went through trials and tribulations, so if you're taking pride in demeaning people because of their struggles it goes to say you're immature.

Buh he's not entirely wrong, in the earlier post he quoted, you talked about so much faith, how come you suddenly thought God doesn't care about you?
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by vooks: 9:35am On Dec 20, 2015
Neeson:

Buh he's not entirely wrong, in the earlier post he quoted, you talked about so much faith, how come you suddenly thought God doesn't care about you?
Millerz = trapQ
i initially thought she was just teasing atheists. Supposing she is serious. I'd diagnose her as a casualty of Prosperity Gospel the one of health+wealth+happiness utopia. Believers are ever so ill prepared for hardship and for this, most shipwreck their faith whenever God does not bend to their whims
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by PastorOluT(m): 11:06am On Dec 20, 2015
Millerz:
I've never encountered Christ. I have no experience in that regards.

Sorry for late response, was busy.

U definitely salvation esperience n other encounters, else u are nt a Christian.

Lets start from ow n when u gave ur life to Christ?

NB Pls bear with my questions for it will definitely bring fruit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by PastorOluT(m): 11:09am On Dec 20, 2015
AlfaB:

Chai! See mumuism dressed up as righteousness.

Smile, be born again or u perish, salvation is important than any desire.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by vooks: 11:15am On Dec 20, 2015
Neeson:

Jesus Christ prepared his disciples for suffering ahead. We all need lessons in suffering so we don't curse God when her cankerworm devours our farm
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by nynbrada: 4:20pm On Dec 20, 2015
analice107:

Wow!!!....10yrs dealing with the Lord?

Beautiful. I like that...my was a couple years longer than yours.....wetin i go 2ru, mouth no fit talk am.

There is nothing like having a private dealing with the Lord......a personal encounter.......a holy romance with divinity.

That is where he gets to make and mould you into the divine person and message he is preparing you for......that period no dey easy ooo!

But he will always come 2ru for you at the end of the day.

......but our sister her is going 2ru a phase. It might not be at our own level, but lets try and encourage her.

May the Lord help us in our christian walk.

1 Like

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by Nobody: 6:35am On Dec 21, 2015
Aurelius1:
Hehehehe, so you want to kill yourself? I'll provide you with a very potent and painless poison. In the mean time, just check my profile and go through the last 3 threads I created. If after reading them and you still want to commit suicide then I'll say you weren't worth coming into this world.

What a silly and irresponsible comment.
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by Nobody: 6:37am On Dec 21, 2015
Alezy:
oh, didn't know she was a synagogue member, but I thought she said she has been a christian from birth? hmm. ..well, every aboki to him kettle.

Ppl have experienced worse but are still standing cos they know the power of who they are serving despite the temptations.

its more easy to be a child of the devil Dan to be a child of God cos they devil knows ur saved and he his not happy.

If All these years she has been a christian and she doesn't understand this then E hard be that o.
she might be a disguised Christian just coming here to say nonsense.

I've not read any word from you that has any semblance with Christ. You're just talking for the fun of it.
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by Nobody: 6:39am On Dec 21, 2015
analice107:

This is another loveless and stupid comment from you. Not everyone handles the same circumstances exactly the same way. Until you've thoroughly understood a person's sufferings and have locked up yourself in their shoes, you've for no right blowing your own trumpet.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Am I Offending God? / Which Position Do You Prefer To Sit In The Church? / Brëast Feeding A Man In Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.