Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,224 members, 7,829,371 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

Renouncing My Christian Faith - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Renouncing My Christian Faith (13940 Views)

3 Things That Can Kill Your Christian Faith / "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" / A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by plaetton: 10:54am On Dec 19, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

You dont see the wind because its invisible but you feel the coolness it brings
Though God is invisible to many , His power is experienced by millions
Denying the presence of the wind when its blowing is like denying the power of God when its moving
You know its the light wind when rushing air mildly brushes against your skin
We know its the power of God when

2 Peter 1:3

Hebrews 4:12

Acts 2:4

Lol.

You still don't know how really silly it is quoting bible to, and while debating an atheist.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:58am On Dec 19, 2015
plaetton:

Lol.

You still don't know how really silly it is quoting bible to, and while debating an atheist.

Its not silly . I just want you to know what it means to feel the power of God . The clearly written words of the bible have been experienced by me and other Christians .

You have no knowledge and understanding of what you dont know exists .

2 Likes

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by plaetton: 11:04am On Dec 19, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Its not silly . I just want you to know what it means to feel the power of God . The clearly written words of the bible have been experienced by me and other Christians .

You have no knowledge and understanding of what you dont know exists .

Lol.
Still don't get it, do you ?

OK.
Let's put it this way, how would you feel or react if I come into a debate with you quoting excerpts from my Book Of Children's Fairy Tales, or from my Marvel Comics collection ?

Because, for every omni omni attributes or platitudes you have for your invisible skydaddy, I can equally invoke same for the Toothfairy, or Superman, or the Immortal, gracious Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Do you get it now ?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:07am On Dec 19, 2015
plaetton:

Lol.
Still don't get it, do you ?

OK.
Let's put it this way, how would you feel or react if I come into a debate with you quoting excerpts from my Book Of Children's Fairy Tales, or from my Marvel Comics collection ?

Because, for every omni omni attributes or platitudes you have for your invisible skydaddy, I can equally invoke same for the Toothfairy, or Superman, or the Immortal, gracious Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Do you get it now ?

If you dont have special superpowers just like the heroes/villians in the comic books then its silly quoting excerpts from comic books cool

1 Like

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by bennyrazz: 11:14am On Dec 19, 2015
@Millerzs, stop lamenting. What are you bickering about, money is not your problem, then what is your problem? husband? or you want to have everything all to yourself? in every situation give thanks for the little you have. Try and visit prisons, visit emergency wards of hospitals, visit orphanages then you would actually have a change of mind. Contemplating suicide is the plan of the devil, renouncing your faith is also his plan.

God has a plan and a purpose for everyone on earth and you need to find out what is his plan for your life. Are you looking at the successes of people around you while you are at ground zero? stop doing that, look into your inner mind, work on your self.
Yes, you are praying & fasting, others are getting testimony while you are not, are you age mates? where you born on the same day? are you grace mates?

Gold only becomes gold when it passes through fire. You need to change your mindset, you need to change your prayers and your visions. You need to stop being selfish. Stop praying a prayer of Me, me me oh Lord, Stop praying a prayer of God give me this, give me that, stop praying a prayer of God I want this, I want that. Start praying a prayer of God, what do you want me to do for you on earth, start praying for others, take your self out of the picture in your prayers. Start investing your time and money in things that promotes the kingdom of God on earth.

Remember, "seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you"

3 Likes

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:24am On Dec 19, 2015
Hey plaetton ... do you fly like superman or shoot spider webs like spiddy . Or have superfast speed like flash . Are you half man half machine as cyborg . grin

But we christians have the power of God in us . To go forth and do exploits - evident in the lives of billions cool

Should I now call you the half-thinker ? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by Nobody: 11:30am On Dec 19, 2015
really?? @ your last statement?,
Jeromejnr:

On point.

Most Christian's that are complaining of their light suffering have never even experienced what the Apostle Paul faced not to even talk of Jesus.

And yet Paul called it a light affliction.

The earlier most Christians realize they are in a war the better for them. An Apostate is worse than a sinner that has never met Christ.
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by Nobody: 11:32am On Dec 19, 2015
sure you can. waiting for your msg.
dearpreye:

Interesting. We've got some things. Please permit me to send you a PM. Please.
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by Jeromejnr(m): 11:37am On Dec 19, 2015
Millerz:
really?? @ your last statement?,

Yea.

Heb 6:4 It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, 5who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age 6and who have fallenc away, to be brought back to repentance. To their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace. 7Land that drinks in the rain often falling on it and that produces a crop useful to those for whom it is farmed receives the blessing of God. 8But land that produces thorns and thistles is worthless and is in danger of being cursed. In the end it will be burned.

For them also is reserved the worst of punishments in eternity

Jude 1:13They are wild waves of the sea, foaming up their shame; wandering stars, for whom blackest darkness has been reserved forever.

But if you are a baby Christian, and never tasted of the powers and other conditions listed in the first scripture, you can still come back to Christ.
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by Nobody: 11:39am On Dec 19, 2015
Hey, I never said I was in Christianity to escape poverty. I've never known poverty. you did read the part where I said I was a christian from birth right? pls be nice!!
cupidhero:
This is what happens when one becomes a Christian just to escape poverty. Why even tell us about your decision to leave Christianity? I'm sure the forces controlling you told you to do that so others who are almost giving up on their Christian faith can do so more quickly after reading about the reasons you and a couple atheists will present here. Your presentation was nice, clap for yourself. Know thyself,know when you are being ruled and influenced by forces older than the earth you live in. It is realy funny how some of you denouce Christianity and the first thing you do for your self is to launch attacks in forms of reasons why God is bad,fake or why he does not exist. Abi dem use knife force you to become a Christian?
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by Nobody: 11:42am On Dec 19, 2015
Heb 6:4

I'd never come across that scripture before now. Thanks for the enlightenment.
Jeromejnr:

Yea.

Heb 6:4 It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, 5who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age 6and who have fallenc away, to be brought back to repentance. To their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace. 7Land that drinks in the rain often falling on it and that produces a crop useful to those for whom it is farmed receives the blessing of God. 8But land that produces thorns and thistles is worthless and is in danger of being cursed. In the end it will be burned.

Jude 1:13They are wild waves of the sea, foaming up their shame; wandering stars, for whom blackest darkness has been reserved forever.

But if you are a baby Christian, and never tasted of the powers and other conditions listed in the first scripture, you can still come back to Christ.
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by Nobody: 11:45am On Dec 19, 2015
Millerz:
sure you can. waiting for your msg.

Sent. Please respond.
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:48am On Dec 19, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Yea.

Heb 6:4 It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, 5who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age 6and who have fallenc away, to be brought back to repentance. To their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace.
7Land that drinks in the rain often falling on it and that produces a crop useful to those for whom it is farmed receives the blessing of God. 8But land that produces thorns and thistles is worthless and is in danger of being cursed. In the end it will be burned.

Now those are really powerful verses of the scripture
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by Nobody: 11:49am On Dec 19, 2015
Kindly ignore vooks. I've no reason to cook up stories for public opinion, neither do I intend seeking attention. I've been disturbed by this issue for several months now so if he thinks its a fabricated story then he's clearly in oblivion.
PastorAIO:

Okay, if she needs attention what is wrong with giving it to her. Everybody needs attention. There will be a reason why she is seeking attention.
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by Jeromejnr(m): 11:50am On Dec 19, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Now those are really powerful verses of the scripture

Indeed it is.

That's why we should always work out our salvation with fear and trembling.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by plaetton: 12:13pm On Dec 19, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:
Hey plaetton ... do you fly like superman or shoot spider webs like spiddy . Or have superfast speed like flash . Are you half man half machine as cyborg . grin

But we christians have the power of God in us . To go forth and do exploits - evident in the lives of billions cool

Lol.

Well , Nigeria is the best proof that their is no god.

When you say exploits, you mean exploiting other people in the name of skydaddy? undecided

Nigeria is the most religious nation on earth, the highest number of churches in the whole world, the richest and the greatest number of priests and Evangelical fraudsters on Earth,,.. Yet, Nigeria scores 160 out of 177 in the Human Development Index.

In addition, Nigeria, despite being the largest economy nim Africa as per GDP, has the 4th highest number of poor people on planet Earth.

And lest I forget, Nigeria is the most corrupt society on same planet Earth.

So much for your super god and his super powers in you., huh undecided

Soooo much for the manifest power of skyfairy, evident in the lives of 160 million Nigerians.
undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by Adwexky(m): 12:15pm On Dec 19, 2015
NICE ONE!
DEAR, DON'T RELINQUISH YOUR FAIITH AS A CHRISTIAN BECAUSE OF ATHIESTS POST/COMMENTS, SEEK GOD BEYOND INTERNET/OBVIOUS LEVEL. IF YOU PRAY AND THEY ARE NOT ANSWERED, EXAMINE YOUR LIFE AND EXPOSE BY CONFESSING ALL YOUR SINS TO HIM AND HE WILL FORGIVE YOU.

PLEASE DON'T QUIT THE RACE, IT MIGHT NOT BE EASY BUT WEAR THE SHOE OF PERSISTENCY ND PERSIT IN THE RACE AS A FAITHFUL CHRISTIAN.

PastorOluT:

Have so many things to say to u but dont know where to start from.

First and foremost, stay clear athiest threads cos u aint strong enough and their confusions seem to be getting to u.

Also get to know God urself cos from ur post I see u really need that, fasting, prayers n all that are good n necessary 4 spiritual exercise bt u have to know the reason u do it. Many get it wrong by praying n fasting to get things from God n when they do not get what they want they get frustrated n quit many at times. We fast n pray for spiritual nourishment n growth not cos we want something for u can get whatsoever even without fasting.

Another mistake we mk is that we think God is obligated to us, tho He is but not as we always think. Belonging to Him doesnt mean ur life will be free of trials, in fact the closer u get to Him the more the trials for the devil's hatred of u increases. Though we have promises in Him in this world n the one to come, we need to really understand ow He works in us and this can only come as we move closer to Him..

We should understand that we only see a fraction of the big picture while He sees the full n thus make decisions in that regard. So if what u going thru right now isnt palatable, this is the best time u move closer to Him and trust Him more cos His word holds promises for u both in this world and the one to come.

Have u ever consider the scripture, "count it all joy when you fall into varous trial James 1:2?" I tell u the mind cant wrap itself around that save the spirit. So my bro what I suggest is move closer to Him n take ur mind off the stage u going thru now cos life is in stages, n see Him turning things around as He turns ur story to glory.

Do not be weary in well doing for in due season you shalll reap if u faint not

Galatian 6:9

Stay blessed and remain rapturable
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by Nobody: 12:16pm On Dec 19, 2015
already did.
dearpreye:

Sent. Please respond.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:17pm On Dec 19, 2015
plaetton:

Lol.

Well Nigeria is the best proof that their is no god.

When you say exploits, you mean exploiting other people in the name of skydaddy? undecided

Nigeria is the most religious nation on earth, the highest number of churches in the whole world, the richest and the greatest number of priests and Evangelical fraudsters on Earth,,.. Yet, Nigeria scores 160 out of 177 in the Human Development Index.

Exactly ! Most Nigerians are not practicing true Christianity because the teachings of Christ frown at fraud and corruption - you know this .

Weak rebuttal
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by PastorAIO: 12:17pm On Dec 19, 2015
This man dey walk on top water.

KingEbukasBlog:

1 Like

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by plaetton: 12:20pm On Dec 19, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Exactly ! Most Nigerians are not practicing true Christianity because the teachings of Christ frown at fraud and corruption - you know this .

Weak rebuttal

How convenient.
Nigeria is bad because Nigeria doesn't practice THE TRUE Christianity.

Well, it it's way better than " the devil caused it " argument.
undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by plaetton: 12:22pm On Dec 19, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Weak rebuttal

What a liar and contradiction you are.

Can you spot the double- speak between this and your previous post

This is the problem with posting without thinking.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:23pm On Dec 19, 2015
plaetton:

How convenient.
Nigeria is bad because Nigeria doesn't practice THE TRUE Christianity.

Well, it it's way better than " the devil caused it " argument.
undecided

You always reiterated that Nigerians and their bling preachers go contrary to the teachings of Christ

You have no point

The bible clearly warned of false prophets - wolves in sheep clothings - yet Nigerians flood into churches that are interested in their cash than their spiritual needs because they do not wish to heed to sound doctrine .

Do I need to quote bible verses this time ? Huh undecided
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:27pm On Dec 19, 2015
plaetton:

So you wouldn't pee on your pants if I had said ' true believers ' ?

Very well then . Thanks for the correction
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:29pm On Dec 19, 2015
PastorAIO:

This man dey walk on top water.

Why did Jesus walk on water ? What was the purpose of that event ? PASTORaio do you have any solid theological background at all ?
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by plaetton: 12:31pm On Dec 19, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

You always reiterated that Nigerians and their bling preachers go contrary to the teachings of Christ

You have no point

The bible clearly warned of false prophets - wolves in sheep clothings - yet Nigerians flood into churches that are interested in their cash than their spiritual needs because they do not wish to heed to sound doctrine .

Do I need to quote bible verses this time ? Huh undecided

If you buy a product that is well packaged, advertised and marketed product,, and then through the course of time, that product is always prone to error , fatal errors more often than not.
At what point do you discard that product and look a safer more reliable alternative, ..especially when the manufacturer cannot do a product recall , because it has been out of business for 2000 yrs?

If false prophets have taken over your religion today , it is only because fraud and falsehood is part of it's heritage, it's DNA.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:32pm On Dec 19, 2015
plaetton:

apparently a 'knee-jerk' post cool
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by plaetton: 12:33pm On Dec 19, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

apparently a 'knee-jerk' post cool

Yours, right ?
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by Nobody: 12:39pm On Dec 19, 2015
Millerz:
already did.

Sent. Please check.
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:41pm On Dec 19, 2015
plaetton:

If you buy a product that is well packaged, advertised and marketed product,, and then through the course of time, that product is always prone to error , fatal errors more often than not.
At what point do you discard that product and look a safer more reliable alternative, ..especially when the manufacturer cannot do a product recall , because it has been out of business for 2000 yrs?

If false prophets have taken over your religion today , it is only because fraud and falsehood is part of it's heritage, it's DNA.

Oh dear

Here is what CHrist said :

Mark 10:19King James Version (KJV)

19 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, [size=20pt]DEFRAUD NOT[/size], Honour thy father and mother.

False prophets have not taken over Christianity .

2 Timothy 4:3

3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

People dont want to endure sound doctrine , they bling preachers took advantage of their vulnerability and the rest is history .

Galatians 6:8
8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

1 Like

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by icym241: 12:41pm On Dec 19, 2015
Millerz:
Hey, I never said I was in Christianity to escape poverty. I've never known poverty. you did read the part where I said I was a christian from birth right? pls be nice!!

i dont go to church i dont read the bible but when i ask God for something he answers me immediately you know why cause i believe yes it will happen.have faith and believe and you'll know Christianity is the best......let your faith work for you
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:43pm On Dec 19, 2015
@plaetton

going by what you've now learnt as the definition of 'Christian' - adherent follower , believer of Christ

Do you think Nigerians are true Christians ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Church And The Deception Of The Media - By Leke Beecroft / Nairaland Forum 2014 Watch-Night Service / Am I Offending God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.