Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,490 members, 7,830,477 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

Renouncing My Christian Faith - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Renouncing My Christian Faith (13957 Views)

3 Things That Can Kill Your Christian Faith / "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" / A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by Nobody: 6:46am On Dec 21, 2015
Oselumhe:

Well from your write up I see that you tend to renounce your faith,because of some atheist write up......well what you don't know is that this atheist may eventually become christian later and you that they ave misled well now rot in hell....but pls answer this question.......were you born again?.....I mean ave you ever in your christian faith repented from sin and given your life to Christ?........reading the bible,fasting,praying doesn't make you a christian....God will only answer the prayer of someone that ave given his or her life to Christ.....and faith also helps in answer to prayer.......but if you won't mind you can come to our December retreat coming up from 24-27th December......at any deeper life camp ground......God bless you......

A very typical deeper life member who glories in their self righteousness and hypocrisy. This judgmental attitude from you people, amongst other reasons, was why I quickly the deeper life and move into another church where I'm currently enjoying MY relationship with God.

The greatest hindrance Christianity has is the cold and heartless attitude of many followers in it. Would Christ has spoken to Millerz the way you did? Won't he had shown her love a d compassion? I believe many of people are even in more dire need of a personal relationship with Christ. I can't stand your superman mentality.

Christ is real but many of his followers are mad....Apart from this medium, how else have you sought to talk with the OP so as to get a better grasp at her issues? May God have mercy on you all. You people needs salvation- the same one you accused the OP of not having.

2 Likes

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by Nobody: 8:11am On Dec 21, 2015
dearpreye:

A very typical deeper life member who glories in their self righteousness and hypocrisy. This judgmental attitude from you people, amongst other reasons, was why I quickly the deeper life and move into another church where I'm currently enjoying MY relationship with God.

The greatest hindrance Christianity has is the cold and heartless attitude of many followers in it. Would Christ has spoken to Millerz the way you did? Won't he had shown her love a d compassion? I believe many of people are even in more dire need of a personal relationship with Christ. I can't stand your superman mentality.

Christ is real but many of his followers are mad....Apart from this medium, how else have you sought to talk with the OP so as to get a better grasp at her issues? May God have mercy on you all. You people needs salvation- the same one you accused the OP of not having.
One reason why I avoid the religious section like it ain't my business even though I'm one is because majority of the Christians there don't even know what it is to be a Christian. Many are blinded by religious old wise fables. I stumble on some comments are I just wonder. Anyway, good morning boss.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by Nobody: 8:16am On Dec 21, 2015
iAmCharis:
One reason why I avoid the religious section like it ain't my business even though I'm one is because majority of the Christians there don't even know what it is to be a Christian. Many are blinded by religious old wise fables. I stumble on some comments are I just wonder. Anyway, good morning boss.

Good morning and compliments of the season. A lot of us are yet to grasp what grace and love mean and stand for. Indeed many of the comments coming from supposed Christians are simply unbelievable. Like you said, many are still wallowing in old wise fables that are totally incapable of warming a sinner's heart.

Christians are the problem with Christianity.
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by Nobody: 8:28am On Dec 21, 2015
dearpreye:

Good morning and compliments of the season. A lot of us are yet to grasp what grace and love mean and stand for. Indeed many of the comments coming from supposed Christians are simply unbelievable. Like you said, many are still wallowing in old wise fables that are totally incapable of warming a sinner's heart.

Christians are the problem with Christianity.
Exactly. Well, not much will change when many see Christianity as a religion when it's in no way a religion. Maybe I should take up the ministry of a preacher here on nairaland and preach the gospel - good news grin cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by Nobody: 8:36am On Dec 21, 2015
iAmCharis:
Exactly. Well, not much will change when many see Christianity as a religion when it's in no way a religion. Maybe I should take up the ministry of a preacher here on nairaland and preach the gospel - good news grin cheesy

Preach on boss....preach on. Ever since I broke free from the religious bondage placed on me by the rules and principles of MEN, I'm not looking back again.

This gospel is good news....Nothing more.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by Scholar8200(m): 8:42am On Dec 21, 2015
dearpreye:

Bro, on the day of pentecost, they were pricked in the heart (not warmed by banal/human love) after Peter preached, likewise when Stephen preached in Acts 6. There is a place for persuasion, there is also a place for severity! If I were to follow your argument, was Jesus being loveless when He made no attempt to call back those who left Him in John 6 because of a hard message?! Did He not even ask the remaining 12, "would you also go away?"

Was Peter loveless when he rebuked Simon very sharply (remember Simon too believed and was what we call new convert today) in Acts 8?

Paul was gentle as a nurse among converts but when a person claims to have being a long-standing christian... there is this command to ,"rebuke them sharply in public" when they sin. Titus 1:13, 1 Timothy 5:20.

Besides, the op already clearly said she did not have an encounter with Christ suggesting she was born in a Christian family, went through the motions but had not definite salvation by faith!

I do not support the comments encouraging suicide sarcastically etc but I speak in respect of the comment below:

Oselumhe:

Well from your write up I see that you tend to renounce your faith,because of some atheist write up......well what you don't know is that this atheist may eventually become christian later and you that they ave misled well now rot in hell....but pls answer this question.......were you born again?.....I mean ave you ever in your christian faith repented from sin and given your life to Christ?........reading the bible,fasting,praying doesn't make you a christian....God will only answer the prayer of someone that ave given his or her life to Christ.....and faith also helps in answer to prayer.......but if you won't mind you can come to our December retreat coming up from 24-27th December......at any deeper life camp ground......God bless you......

1 Like

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by Nobody: 8:55am On Dec 21, 2015
Scholar8200:
Bro, on the day of pentecost, they were pricked in the heart (not warmed by banal/human love) after Peter preached, likewise when Stephen preached in Acts 6. There is a place for persuasion, there is also a place for severity! If I were to follow your argument, was Jesus being loveless when He made no attempt to call back those who left Him in John 6 because of a hard message?! Did He not even ask the remaining 12, "would you also go away?"

Was Peter loveless when he rebuked Simon very sharply (remember Simon too believed and was what we call new convert today) in Acts 8?

Paul was gentle as a nurse among converts but when a person claims to have being a long-standing christian... there is this command to ,"rebuke them sharply in public" when they sin. Titus 1:13, 1 Timothy 5:20.

Besides, the op already clearly said she did not have an encounter with Christ suggesting she was born in a Christian family, went through the motions but had not definite salvation by faith!

I do not support the comments encouraging suicide sarcastically etc but I speak in respect of the comment below:

Christ won more souls through love than through severity. When a person is in a midst of deep spiritual confusion, they need the way of love, not severity.
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by Scholar8200(m): 8:59am On Dec 21, 2015
dearpreye:

Christ won more souls through love than through severity. When a person is in a midst of deep spiritual confusion, they need the way of love, not severity.
The op started out not as a soul seeking salvation but as a supposedly standing believer wanting to follow the steps of those who left in John 6. But I did not see anything sharp in the post I quoted.
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by Alezy(m): 1:40pm On Dec 21, 2015
dearpreye:

I've not read any word from you that has any semblance with Christ. You're just talking for the fun of it.
lolz. ..wow, u actually think am talking for the fun of it??

And what exactly have I said that brought about this your conclusion? ?
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by Nobody: 1:56pm On Dec 21, 2015
Alezy:
lolz. ..wow, u actually think am talking for the fun of it??

And what exactly have I said that brought about this your conclusion? ?

My boss, I may have mentioned wrongly. It was a mistake. There was NO way I would have talked to you that way. I'm sorry. It wasn't intentional. Lemme check again.
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by Alezy(m): 3:45pm On Dec 21, 2015
dearpreye:

My boss, I may have mentioned wrongly. It was a mistake. There was NO way I would have talked to you that way. I'm sorry. It wasn't intentional. Lemme check again.
it's cool.
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by nynbrada: 5:54pm On Dec 21, 2015
dearpreye:

My broda, i'm still at loss why yu had 2 come down so hard on Oselumhe.
I've actually gone 2ru his post over again n can't seem 2 see why yu had 2 portray him as the " typical self righteous type".
As there is nothing really toxic in his post dat could hv made yu 2 hit out at him the way yu did.

And wt regards 2 Analice107, yes her comments may sound a bit harsh......but sincerly speaking, d Op's initial statement dat she is quiting christianity because of unanswered prayers n coupled wt d hate words she has been reading frm d atheist here on NL...
Don't yu think Analice stern rebuking also has a role 2 play in an effort 2 reshape her n make her understand dat there are people dat have gone 2ru worse situations than hers.

Yea i agree dat we individually react 2 challenges based on our level of growth...
But there is nothing completely bad in having some matured christians openly n sternly rebuking younger christians for lack of faith 2ward God in their trying period.....it is also seen as chastisement in the scripture...
Heb. 12:5 - And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaket unto yu as unto children, MY SON DESPISE NOT THOU THE CHASTENING OF THE LORD, NOR FAINT WHEN THOU ART REBUKED OF HIM

6..FOR WHOM THE LORD LOVETH HE CHASTENETH, AND SCOURGETH EVERY SON WHOM HE RECIEVETH...

8...But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards and not sons.

11..Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grevious: nevertheless afterward it yiedeth the peaceable fruit of rigtheousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

...even Job was rebuked by God at d end of the day for his overtly attitude of claiming innocency and being undeservedly been attacked by God. Even though we know he was going 2ru a hell of time, and he never renouced nor denouced God. Nonetheless the Lord rebuked him when he went off tangent. Plz , read Job 38-41.

My brother if we want 2 b sincere wt ourselves, it would be absolutely wrong if every one of us(christians) here had 2 come and like pamper her wt love n emotions - even wt d application of scriptures.

So i want yu 2 see some of these seemingly harsh rebuking as an act of love as well....for who ever the lord loves he chastises....and of course i'm in no way in support of some other excessively toxic comments.

Moreso for yu... Dat statement of yours that the problem of christianity are christians themselves is tantamount to washing dirty linen in public....it doesn't speak well for a matured christian that is born again, Spirit led and broken.

Finally lets learn to correct others we feel have erred in love, rather than being judgemental...note i'm not saying this to judge yu.......buh if yu felt that both of them were unnecessarly hard at d Op, yu shud have corrected them in love.

I really empathise wt d Op, i've sent her my kind words in my earlier post......i hope she is picking up........the Lord is our strength.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by Oselumhe: 12:45am On Dec 22, 2015
dearpreye:

God bless you but from what I wrote I neither accused the op of lack of salvation...........I only asked question if she was saved.....and tried to tell her that God only answers the prayer of those that ave given their life to Christ and also faith helps...pls brother point out where I judged her and I will correct my self....But you don't know if I had compassion for her.......pls point out how i am an hypocrite and a self righteous person....before I did my write up I ave read her write up,and you can see from her write up that it was when you came on NL she began to lose faith in God because the atheist write-ups...do you know that if she hasn't come to NL even with what she is passing thru she would ave not lost faith in God and want to renounce her faith.. But I went thru ur comment to some persons and I see that the way you reply isn't good for a christian..like using words like silly and irresponsible..you aught to be like Christ..hope you won't say I ave judged you......God bless you once again...shalom

2 Likes

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by vooks: 4:33am On Dec 22, 2015
Oselumhe:

God bless you but from what I wrote I neither accused the op of lack of salvation...........I only asked question if she was saved.....and tried to tell her that God only answers the prayer of those that ave given their life to Christ and also faith helps...pls brother point out where I judged her and I will correct my self....But you don't know if I had compassion for her.......pls point out how i am an hypocrite and a self righteous person....before I did my write up I ave read her write up,and you can see from her write up that it was when you came on NL she began to lose faith in God because the atheist write-ups...do you know that if she hasn't come to NL even with what she is passing thru she would ave not lost faith in God and want to renounce her faith.. But I went thru ur comment to some persons and I see that the way you reply isn't good for a christian..like using words like silly and irresponsible..you aught to be like Christ..hope you won't say I ave judged you......God bless you once again...shalom

The myth that as a child of God He will bend to your wildest whims is why Millerz lost her faith.

Questions for you
1. You seem to have your own idea of what a Christian is. Have you given your life to Christ?
3. If you have, do you always have your way with God?
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by wirinet(m): 7:08am On Dec 22, 2015
plaetton:

Let me put in kindergarten speak for you.

" The pre-eminence of any philosophical system is measured and confirmed by the quality of it's output '.

Christianity, as a religion, cannot have any quality output, because, as you rightly pointed out, it was , and still is a philosophical system crafted for bad people ( sinners), the scums of society.

Now, expecting the beneficiaries of Jesus deicidal largees to be torchbearers of integrity and lofty morals is like expecting to harvest juicy bananas from a desert cactus tree.
No amount of religious or spiri spiri alchemy can make that possible.

Christianity cannot rise above it's DNA threshold.
In fact, all abrahamic religions.

Well done plaetton, you put it brilliantly. I had always wondered why predominantly Christian societies are usually the most morally bankrupt and corrupt places on earth, and you just answered the question - Christianity is the most appealing religion to bad people and the scum of society. No wonder emperor constantine found it appealing and forced in on the Roman empire. Africa before the advent of Christianity had strict set of moral values, but after Christianity those values were destroyed with the doctrine of anything goes and all sins forgiven as long as you believe in Christ , no punishment, no rebuke and no karma.

I still say it, a society that is predominantly Christian would be stuck in the dark ages. This can be attested to by examining the most corrupt free countries in the world.

@OP, my advice to you is discover yourself and live your life as you deemed fit (within legal boundaries of course), you owe no body, no pastor or even God your life. Learn to love and be loved. Live by the principles of Buddha with states;

“No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.”

"The Way is not in the sky; the Way is in the heart.”

1 Like

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by plaetton: 7:14am On Dec 22, 2015
wirinet:

Well done plaetton, you put it brilliantly. I had always wondered why predominantly Christian societies are usually the most morally bankrupt and corrupt places on earth, and you just answered the question - Christianity is the most appealing religion to bad people and the scum of society. No wonder emperor constantine found it appealing and forced in on the Roman empire. Africa before the advent of Christianity had strict set of moral values, but after Christianity those values were destroyed with the doctrine of anything goes and all sins forgiven as long as you believe in Christ , no punishment, no rebuke and no karma.

I still say it, a society that is predominantly Christian would be stuck in the dark ages. This can be attested to by examining the most corrupt free countries in the world.

@OP, my advice to you is discover yourself and live your life as you deemed fit (within legal boundaries of course), you owe no body, no pastor or even God your life. Learn to love and be loved. Live by the principles of Buddha with states;

“No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.”

"The Way is not in the sky; the Way is in the heart.”

Brilliant.

It's simply a mystery why your words cannot stir something inside our Nigerian brethren.
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:12am On Dec 22, 2015
plaetton:

Brilliant.

It's simply a mystery why your words cannot stir something inside our Nigerian brethren.

Brilliant ?

Here is how morality is maintained in an Islamic nation . FREE WILL or LOSS of Body Parts ?

Choose wisely

1 Like

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by plaetton: 10:18am On Dec 22, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Brilliant ?

Here is how morality is maintained in an Islamic nation . FREE WILL or LOSS of Body Parts ?

Choose wisely

You always, always miss the important point.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:27am On Dec 22, 2015
plaetton:

You always, always miss the important point.

No no no I get . Morality is loose in countries where Christianity is practiced because of its tenets and Christians are blind to this . Then I showed you how the high level of morality is maintained in an Islamic nation .

Depravities are not permitted or even tolerated in Islam and the afore-posted photo shows how that message is driven home .

I now told you to make a choice .

Am I still missing it ? No , seriously tell me
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by plaetton: 10:37am On Dec 22, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

No no no I get . Morality is loose in countries where Christianity is practiced because of its tenets and Christians are blind to this . Then I showed you how the high level of morality is maintained in an Islamic nation .

Depravities are not permitted or even tolerated in Islam and the afore-posted photo shows how that message is driven home .

Still missing it.

Your knee-jerk syndrome deprives you of the chance to learn.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:41am On Dec 22, 2015
plaetton:

Still missing it.

Your knee-jerk syndrome deprives you of the chance to learn.

So please can you show me ?
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by PastorAIO: 11:16am On Dec 22, 2015
I think this guy has just found a way to come to terms with the fact that his religious beliefs don't really work for him.

vooks:

The myth that as a child of God He will bend to your wildest whims is why Millerz lost her faith.

Questions for you
1. You seem to have your own idea of what a Christian is. Have you given your life to Christ?
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by PastorAIO: 11:26am On Dec 22, 2015
Yes o, you're still missing his point. He made an explanation of why he thinks christianity bears such bad fruits. I personally do not agree with his reasoning but at least I followed his argument.

You cannot counter by saying that the only way to produce moral society is to impose a barbaric system of punishment. That's like saying you agree but you cannot bear the measures that it will actually take to create a decent society. In other words you are accepting moral depravity because you would rather not countenance the discipline required to eradicate it.

KingEbukasBlog:

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by macof(m): 11:33am On Dec 22, 2015
Millerz:
Hi,

Seasons greetings to every one that reads this. This is actually the very first time I'm creating a thread cheesy

So, I want to use this medium to openly renounce my Christian faith. I've been a Christian since the day I was born. Maybe not fully devoted, but I spend quality time praying, fasting and reading the bible on my own. For the past 3yrs, i've experienced unimaginable pain, nothing has worked out for me, and my life seems to be going in circles. I've been praying to God, but havnt got results. Nothing appeals to me anymore. All I think about is suicide and I already got poison. My parents are the reason I haven't taken my life. They would be devastated cause I'm the last child. Money isn't the problem cuz I've tasted money that some working class people have never seen.

Before I joined NL, I never doubted God, but seeing all the hate and negative comments from NL atheists has made me question God. The pain in my heart is too much and I wonder why an omnipotent God would let me or anyone suffer. I dont know why God remembers everyone else but ignores me. For the past one week, I've not prayed because I figured why pray when it won't be answered. So yeah, I've officially dropped Christianity today.

Thanks for your time!!

My advice, this is not a good enough reason to renounce your christian faith.
I'm no christian but if this is all there is, then it's not good enough.
To leave a religion should be based on the realization of its fraud, the falsehood of it's doctrines and not suffering. . People of all religions suffer pain and disappointment

I know Christians especially only seek favour from their deity, but when you look at the principles of christianity, favors should be irrelevant.
Poverty and helplessness should be celebrated

Anyway, it's always good news to me when I hear africans dumping christianity

1 Like

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:41am On Dec 22, 2015
PastorAIO:
Yes o, you're still missing his point. He made an explanation of why he thinks christianity bears such bad fruits. I personally do not agree with his reasoning but at least I followed his argument.

Any summary for me ?

You cannot counter by saying that the only way to produce moral society is to impose a barbaric system of punishment. That's like saying you agree but you cannot bear the measures that it will actually take to create a decent society. In other words you are accepting moral depravity because you would rather not countenance the discipline required to eradicate it.

And you didnt follow mine .

I'm saying that he should make a choice - Christian's loose morality due to exhibition of free will , well which he questions or Islam's barbaric intolerance that begets high level of morality

Not that I'm siding Islam's barbaric approach .
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by vooks: 11:45am On Dec 22, 2015
PastorAIO:
I think this guy has just found a way to come to terms with the fact that his religious beliefs don't really work for him.

Keep thinking, it's the only thing that sets you apart from marine invertabrates
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by Oselumhe: 2:59pm On Dec 22, 2015
vooks:

Questions for you
I didn't say God will answer all your prayers...he will only answer prayers according to his will...his will is for us to be healthy and am sure Millers may be passing thru a situation which is not the plan of God so if she is born again and pray God will answer her prayer....yes I ave givebn my life to Christ not because I go to church even I ave been a church goer before God saved me,..and there was a change in my life.....no I don't always ave my way with God but when I don't ave I still believe in him even though the devil may won't to discourage me
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by wirinet(m): 3:21pm On Dec 22, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Brilliant ?

Choose wisely

Gosh, you christians are so predictable. I delibrately left out Islam to lure you into using it to justify christian morality and you fell for it, hook, line and sinker.

Islam and Judiasm stem from the same violent religion - Judaism. Both also were created in and by violence, and it was violence that sustained them for centuries. Infact, i can authoritatively tell you that Islam itself is a creation of the christians (catholic church) and hence they share many similarities both in doctines, rituals and philosophy. The only difference is time, Islam is 600 years behind christianity. Go back in time 600 years and you will see similarities between present day Islam and medieval Europe christianity.

The punishmnet for heresy( disagreement with church doctrines) in medieval christian was death by burning. That was the morality of christianity at that time.

Below is a pictorial representation of christian morality in 1528

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:31pm On Dec 22, 2015
wirinet:

Gosh, you christians are so predictable. I delibrately left out Islam to lure you into using it to justify christian morality and you fell for it, hook, line and sinker.

Taa ! Get away you ! Stop lying . Anyone who believes this bullshit claim is a complete gullible fool
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by analice107: 7:36am On Dec 23, 2015
Lolzzzzzzzzzz.

Really? am hash? wow.

Pls who here knows what seperated Paul and Barnabas? Paul took Silas, while Barnabas took his cousin Jonh-Mark.

Because Jonh-Mark deserted Paul when Paul needed him the Most, during the first missionary Journey. John couldnt take the heat that came with the ministry. Acts 13:13.
Acts 15:36-40.

What did Paul do? I didn't see Paul romancing the whole issue. He didn't beg John-Mark by sweet talking him into staying. As matter of Fact when he thought to rejoin the fold, in the second missionary journey, Paul objected to it vehemently, this brought a very fierce disagreement between Paul and Barnabas which led to their separation.

Listen folk. If this girl who we have in the past followed her contributions and testimonies about Christ, could come out publicly here, in a forum where she knows how much Satan, through the atheist, is working so hard to kill the faith of the weak and feeble Christians tagging on behind, then I don't have any patience for her.

She is more or less a Tare. As many are Tares in the midst of the folk, later they usually will come out shouting, demanding for God to show his face or He doesn't exist. They twist the Scriptures and confused the feeble at heart.
They go about scorning and casting aspersions on God.

Before long, she will start her own ministry of casting doubts into the heart of the young and feeble. That is the work of Satan, and i can't be patient with anyone who does that.
She said she has never encountered God, meaning there's hardly a relationship there. Yet her Royal Majesty wants the Omnipotent God to grovel at her feet and provide her with everything she needs, and if He insists on walking by His rules, then He doesn't exist.

If I slap your face, your brain go readjust.
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by Raphael81(m): 7:46pm On Jan 29, 2016
Millerz:
Hi,

Seasons greetings to every one that reads this. This is actually the very first time I'm creating a thread cheesy

So, I want to use this medium to openly renounce my Christian faith. I've been a Christian since the day I was born. Maybe not fully devoted, but I spend quality time praying, fasting and reading the bible on my own. For the past 3yrs, i've experienced unimaginable pain, nothing has worked out for me, and my life seems to be going in circles. I've been praying to God, but havnt got results. Nothing appeals to me anymore. All I think about is suicide and I already got poison. My parents are the reason I haven't taken my life. They would be devastated cause I'm the last child. Money isn't the problem cuz I've tasted money that some working class people have never seen.

Before I joined NL, I never doubted God, but seeing all the hate and negative comments from NL atheists has made me question God. The pain in my heart is too much and I wonder why an omnipotent God would let me or anyone suffer. I dont know why God remembers everyone else but ignores me. For the past one week, I've not prayed because I figured why pray when it won't be answered. So yeah, I've officially dropped Christianity today.

Thanks for your time!!

wow congrats dear
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by chieveboy(m): 9:52pm On Jan 29, 2016
I will speak in this form: forget about looking for God and "seek the kingdom of God"

The best way I can say which works is letting your heart to sing...you reach God easier when love enters your heart and it could be love for anybody, animal,place or thing.

Here is what does the magic: you must remove the fear and guilt of the so called 'sin'!!!...whereby you imagine yourself "coming short of the glory of God" that's the biggest spiritual injury that your religion dealt it adherents and it's no truth at all!

There is God and there is God. The true God's quality is love...unconditional and does not recognize 'sin'.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Winners Chapel Trains 2000 Ghanaian Youths As Entrepreneurs (photos) / Men And Their Indecent Dressing / Is Jesus Christ The Only Way To Heaven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.