Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,448 members, 7,830,235 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:20 PM

Renouncing My Christian Faith - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Renouncing My Christian Faith (13954 Views)

3 Things That Can Kill Your Christian Faith / "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" / A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by FuckTheM0ds(m): 10:21pm On Jun 05, 2016
Millerz:
Hi,

Seasons greetings to every one that reads this. This is actually the very first time I'm creating a thread cheesy

So, I want to use this medium to openly renounce my Christian faith. I've been a Christian since the day I was born. Maybe not fully devoted, but I spend quality time praying, fasting and reading the bible on my own. For the past 3yrs, i've experienced unimaginable pain, nothing has worked out for me, and my life seems to be going in circles. I've been praying to God, but havnt got results. Nothing appeals to me anymore. All I think about is suicide and I already got poison. My parents are the reason I haven't taken my life. They would be devastated cause I'm the last child. Money isn't the problem cuz I've tasted money that some working class people have never seen.

Before I joined NL, I never doubted God, but seeing all the hate and negative comments from NL atheists has made me question God. The pain in my heart is too much and I wonder why an omnipotent God would let me or anyone suffer. I dont know why God remembers everyone else but ignores me. For the past one week, I've not prayed because I figured why pray when it won't be answered. So yeah, I've officially dropped Christianity today.

Thanks for your time!!
still renouncing or you went back to God? What's your current position now?
Kindly tell me cos i got the real truth for you that will give you everlasting peace.
Take care and pls reply cos i'm anticipating
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by Nobody: 2:53am On Jun 06, 2016
I did renounce but I went back.
What's the real truth you bring?
FuckTheM0ds:
still renouncing or you went back to God? What's your current position now?
Kindly tell me cos i got the real truth for you that will give you everlasting peace.
Take care and pls reply cos i'm anticipating

1 Like

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:55am On Jun 06, 2016
PastorAIO:
@Millerz

I cannot pretend to know what you're going through because I'm not you. But everybody goes through ups and downs in life and I can try to share my own understanding of Life with you. Maybe it will help, maybe not. But I'll try anyway.

I personally believe that there is a plan for every life and when you are in touch with that plan you experience of life is full of meaning. Yet there are times when we all lose sight of the plan and it seems that nothing makes sense and our life is just a meaningless blowing in the wind.

I would call this plan the Logos seed. There is a seed within everyone as Jesus said in the Parable of the sower. When the seed falls on rocks the birds come and chop it, others try to grow amongst bushes and the weeds strangle it. But when it falls on fertile soil and it is nurtured and watered it will sprout and grow and yield abundantly.

This Seed is within you. It is not in any church, or in any pastor or in any bible. You have to find it and guard it preciously and nurture it so it can grow. It is not outside you.

Many are falsely taught to worship God that is out there, outside of yourself but actually divinity is manifest within you.

It is not in the bible. The bible is a useful guide but without that inner connection and spiritual awakening the bible studying is useless, just words yielding clever doctrines and empty rhetorics.

There is a light within you. It is there! I believe that and I think it is worth your while to try and look within.

When we have no idea of this Seed/Logos within we get seduced by flashy rhetorics from charismatic demagogues. We start to chase other dreams that are not ours. We can pray all we want and pursue these false dreams all we want but it is probably quite fortunate that we don't achieve these fake goals.
Try to chill out more and enjoy your life from moment to moment. And trust that there is a masterplan for you. It does not require any inordinate striving. Like Jesus said about the birds and the flowers, they don't toil but God provides for them. Enjoy your life. Do the job that is at hand and don't worry yourself about any fake assed ambitions that some fake assed pastors have tried to plant in you. Face the days problems. If you have a job just try to do it well and enjoy it and don't punish yourself that you deserve a better job.
If you don't have a job, get up and start looking for one. Try to enjoy the experience. network with other jobseekers. Learn about the job market, what the possibilities are. People that are hustling, how do they do it? How do they make ends meet? Revel in the ingenuity of the various ways human beings hustle and put food on the table. Meditate and trust that a path will be revealed to you too.

Let me not write too much. I'll add more later if needed.

This is how panthiests talk
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:56am On Jun 06, 2016
Millerz:

Are you still experiencing the pain ?
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:00am On Jun 06, 2016
wirinet:

Gosh, you christians are so predictable. I delibrately left out Islam to lure you into using it to justify christian morality and you fell for it, hook, line and sinker.

Islam and Judiasm stem from the same violent religion - Judaism. Both also were created in and by violence, and it was violence that sustained them for centuries. Infact, i can authoritatively tell you that Islam itself is a creation of the christians (catholic church) and hence they share many similarities both in doctines, rituals and philosophy. The only difference is time, Islam is 600 years behind christianity. Go back in time 600 years and you will see similarities between present day Islam and medieval Europe christianity.

The punishmnet for heresy( disagreement with church doctrines) in medieval christian was death by burning. That was the morality of christianity at that time.

Below is a pictorial representation of christian morality in 1528

And he brings me a drawing as proof
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by Nobody: 3:01am On Jun 06, 2016
Yes!!

And because of that, I don't pray anymore nor have the zeal to go to church because I feel its pointless.
KingEbukasBlog:

Are you still experiencing the pain ?
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:02am On Jun 06, 2016
Millerz:
Yes!!

And because of that, I don't pray anymore nor have the zeal to go to church because I feel its pointless.

Where do you stay ?
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by Nobody: 3:06am On Jun 06, 2016
thanks but I no longer have love for anything or anyone other than my parents and siblings.
chieveboy:
I will speak in this form: forget about looking for God and "seek the kingdom of God"

The best way I can say which works is letting your heart to sing...you reach God easier when love enters your heart and it could be love for anybody, animal,place or thing.

Here is what does the magic: you must remove the fear and guilt of the so called 'sin'!!!...whereby you imagine yourself "coming short of the glory of God" that's the biggest spiritual injury that your religion dealt it adherents and it's no truth at all!

There is God and there is God. The true God's quality is love...unconditional and does not recognize 'sin'.

1 Like

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by Nobody: 3:08am On Jun 06, 2016
Been living abroad but for now I'm in PH.
KingEbukasBlog:

Where do you stay ?
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:11am On Jun 06, 2016
Millerz:
Been living abroad but for now I'm in PH.

So what kind of pain is this ? Emotional pains ? Body pains ? Very depressed ? Which exactly ?
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by Nobody: 3:14am On Jun 06, 2016
Exactly the bolded.

I wasn't joking when I said I almost took poison.
KingEbukasBlog:

So what kind of pain is this ? Emotional pains ? Body pains ? Very depressed ? Which exactly ?
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:17am On Jun 06, 2016
Millerz:
Exactly the bolded.

I wasn't joking when I said I almost took poison.

Were you hurt by heartbreak ? What exactly made you depressed ?
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by Nobody: 3:19am On Jun 06, 2016
A lot of things.
KingEbukasBlog:

Were you hurt by heartbreak ? What exactly made you depressed ?
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:21am On Jun 06, 2016
Millerz:
A lot of things.

Name just 3
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by Nobody: 3:35am On Jun 06, 2016
can't do that here
KingEbukasBlog:

Name just 3
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by Nobody: 3:36am On Jun 06, 2016
can't do that here. whatsapp??
KingEbukasBlog:

Name just 3
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by FuckTheM0ds(m): 6:23am On Jun 06, 2016
Millerz:
ok if you have gone back then that's good. No need to speak further. Kindly stay where you simply are and find a bible strictly believing church and attend and stay away from unbelievers and also reduce your time here in nairaland. Shalom
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by rawgame(m): 8:00am On Jun 06, 2016
Millerz:
Yes!!

You don't have to be discouraged dear. Your experience is nothing new. It could be tantamount to that of Jeremiah the Prophet. Jeremiah’s constant loneliness and isolation finally got the best of him, and he became discouraged. He sank into a quagmire where many believers seem to get stuck when they think their efforts are not making a difference and time is ticking away. Jeremiah was emotionally spent, even to the point of doubting God (Jeremiah 15:18 ), but God was not done with him. Jeremiah 15:19 records a lesson for each believer to remember in those times when one feels alone, useless, and discouraged.

What we learn from the life of Jeremiah is the comfort of knowing that, just like every believer, even great prophets of God can experience rejection, depression, and discouragement in their walk with the Lord. This is a normal part of growing spiritually, because our sinful nature fights against our new nature, that which is born of the Spirit of God, according to Galatians 5:17 :
“For the sinful nature desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the sinful nature. They are in conflict with each other, so that you do not do what you want.”

But just as Jeremiah found, we can know that the faithfulness of our God is infinite;even when we are unfaithful to Him, He remains steadfast (2 Timothy 2:13 ).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by chieveboy(m): 10:13am On Jun 06, 2016
Millerz:
thanks but I no longer have love for anything or anyone other than my parents and siblings.

That's a great way to find the most important religion: Love...it is just on its own and really nothing against it, it just Is. Love is the greatest. Now this love is what honest people(not religion seekers) use as a portal to find God...God is love. Now from this love for your Parent and siblings (human love) you will gradually grow to have a detached kind of love (divine love), the one that has no strings attached to it. In Christianity it's termed 'Charity'. When you get to this point, I assure you the whole of life itself will sing at you.

For instance, if you can remember how much you had loved someone so much that it feels as if you are floating on clouds... it's much intense if Love--divine love--enters your heart...this one doesn't lead to heart breaks (arising from undue attachments and 'expectant love')...and then every depression ceases! You become happier, grateful and cheerful.

A simple exercise to help you grow inwardly is to find something you can do every day in the name of Love WITHOUT thought for reward. Like greeting, chores, giving, feeding a plant or animal, just anything.

Am wishing you the best your heart yearns for. I leave you with a quote from a book 'Stranger By The River" by Paul Twitchel: "...All things shall gravitate to thee if you have love..." Remain blessed!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by PastorAIO: 12:08pm On Jun 06, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

This is how panthiests talk

Maybe I am a pantheist.
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:23pm On Jun 06, 2016
PastorAIO:

Maybe I am a pantheist.

So you lied the other time wink . Anyway , as a pantheist , can you prove nature is conscious ?

cc : Weah96 , you might sit and observe because I believe I am asking the right person

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:54pm On Jun 06, 2016
Millerz:
can't do that here. whatsapp??

Not on Whatsapp , but bbm , Twitter(DM) will be fine
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by OnaRegina: 7:28pm On Jun 06, 2016
Hi there,

How are you feeling now? Any better?

It's true life can throw some things your way but suicide is not really the answer. I think you might be clinically depressed and actually in need of some good talking and if you are comfortable with it, some medication. I have felt exactly as you described before. I'm better now but believe, now that my mind is clearer, that we're just looking for someone to blame and finding no one, we blame God (I might be wrong though).

With time it does get better though, you just have to be willing to "wait" it out. Try and get out and do things...you might not feel like then now but eventually you will start to enjoy activities and meeting up with friends again.

I still don't go to church but I certainly believe in God. I think sometimes in Nigeria we are given the wrong beliefs about God.

In any case, have faith that those things that went wrong will get better and they actually will, believe me. The faith principle works whether or not you're a believer.

I hope things get better. You will come to love people and things again.
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by PastorAIO: 10:17am On Jun 07, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

So you lied the other time wink . Anyway , as a pantheist , can you prove nature is conscious ?

cc : Weah96 , you might sit and observe because I believe I am asking the right person

maybe I'm a pantheist (as in 'okay if you say so, i'm a pantheist) does not make me a pantheist. It just means that I'm open to the possibility that I could be regarded as a pantheist.

Why would I want or need to prove that nature is conscious?
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jun 18, 2016
sorry for the late reply. just came back from a ban. Twitter DM will be perfect. what's your handle?
KingEbukasBlog:

Not on Whatsapp , but bbm , Twitter(DM) will be fine
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by cescky(m): 10:06am On Jul 01, 2016
Millerz:
sorry for the late reply. just came back from a ban. Twitter DM will be perfect. what's your handle?

Hi

Read ur post about giving up etc....in as much as I have much to say am not up to it now... But thank God u have access to the Internet ...because I'll direct to various God inspired books that can easily solve ur problems

I see uv read "as a man thinkers so
he is"

Not sure where to start but am really interested in lifting you up and trust me I can and will if u give me the chance.

U see in this life NOTHING is as fustrating as religion..... And Christianity isn't religion....

I see u go to mfm ...nothing wrong with that, and they have their place but in truth they don't practice a lot of real Christianity...not saying their bad all am saying is to have rest for any soul he or she needs to practice Christianity .....

Like I said am interested in lifting u but it all depends on you if u give it a shot... For God himself doesn't force us to love him.

Drop ur email add I'll contact u.
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jul 01, 2016
Thanks a lot.

Marymillax@yahoo.com That's my email.

cescky:

Hi

Read ur post about giving up etc....in as much as I have much to say am not up to it now... But thank God u have access to the Internet ...because I'll direct to various God inspired books that can easily solve ur problems

I see uv read "as a man thinkers so
he is"

Not sure where to start but am really interested in lifting you up and trust me I can and will if u give me the chance.

U see in this life NOTHING is as fustrating as religion..... And Christianity isn't religion....

I see u go to mfm ...nothing wrong with that, and they have their place but in truth they don't practice a lot of real Christianity...not saying their bad all am saying is to have rest for any soul he or she needs to practice Christianity .....

Like I said am interested in lifting u but it all depends on you if u give it a shot... For God himself doesn't force us to love him.

Drop ur email add I'll contact u.
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by cescky(m): 4:51pm On Jul 01, 2016
Millerz:
Thanks a lot.

Marymillax@yahoo.com That's my email.

Am typing on my phone so please don't mind the typos....ill still contact you via mail but decided to connect here... Am sure there are people also going through ur predicament.

First of millerz I don't mean to condemn you, but pls don't be selfish..think of ur parents whom u have rightly mentioned what happens if you commit suicide? You know you probably kill one too even though he or she may still be alive. Or maybe the two.

Count ur blessings; Go to the motherless babies home ....see millions of kids
who will never see or know what their parents or blood kith and kin look like... I grew without a mother trust me I know the negative effects still rebounds....u still have one why not appreciate? See the eyes ur using to read give ur self a blind fold for just 2 mins and try to do ur chores...(pls do try it) u have sight..... U know the millions of people dead and live that can't see? U seem educated and have access to the net etc... Girl ur blessed. The devil is messing with ur mind . And truth in life and Christianity is the devil will always gun for ur mind for that is the main battle field and once he has ur mind he has you. And those that by showing and reminding u of all the negative things uve been through ..,unfortunately ur not resisting the devil, for when u resist him he will flee. See my dear depression is a spirit and once it gets hold of u it's an express route for the devil to enter you.

My point is yes some prayers haven't been answered but how about the ones that have been answered? The blessings u have? Am sure u may lost some friends or family to death think deeply were u better than them? Well maybe u were but count ur blessing the food u eat, house to sleep in, family etc Millez many on nairaland don't have all these yet I do.

How to get ur prayers answered:

Have u ever noted that we in Africa go to church 247 yet we are the most backward of people? Yet the western nations do go to church etc but are successful in all their ways? Have u Thot of that? You see we all are spirits and unless we obey spiritual laws and feed on spiritual food we will always feel the way ur feeling and never will progress.

I see u go to mfm ... Nothing wrong with ur Chirch buy truth is most of our churches are not based on Christianity but on religion hence our hunger and stagnation.

Millez God created two laws in life the law of faith and the law of love.......the summary of the whole bible is FAITH and LOVE....and unless a human being leaves by these rules he can never be a success in life or happy...u guys in mfm fast for 70 days etc...nothing wrong in that but Haba it's too much ...can we be more righteous than Jesus who did for only 40 days?...all the tastings etc and the religious brouhaha we do on Nigeria doesn't move God what moves God is faith simple. Tears,threats etc move man but not God only faith move him

Give me a min I'll be back
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by cescky(m): 9:19pm On Jul 01, 2016
Like I mentioned most western nations are developed while we on Africa are back wards....well the simple thing they have is they subconsciously obey or leave according to this law of faith and love...take for
example in Nigeria here when we see some one more successful all we think of is how to drag him down....in the west a man can't see his neighbor in trouble and not call the police but here if such a neigbou rid rich, we will celebrate that yes dem done catch am etc...

The bible says what's so ever ur desire when u pray believ you receive and ur shall have. U see the process is first mental as belief before it manifests but we in African can spend 365 days in church beating our selves and crying to God ....but u see that we lack faith...God doesn't and CANT work outside faith... Remember Jesus couldn't even do many miracles in his village because of people's unbelief...my dear if u will sincerely check uraelf am sure u have lacked faith all along. because faith is a law and must work for who ever applies it...and don't be confused faith in the bible is talking about a thought,picture or idea in your mind, simply put faith is a way of thinking ...when you believe what the eyes can't see....the white man simply pictures what he wants and believes he can achieve it and goes out to achieve what he believes but we spend all day in church .
If u doubt what am saying go to this site www.thesecret.tv and see how people are changing their lives through things I've mentioned here ....and they are not even trying to be Christians but what they practice is bible law of faith

To sum up millerz ur get these books it's free on the net just google them, I guarantee they will hange ur life...if u can't locate them let me know I can mail them to u

Kenneth haggis " faith bible study guide"

Power of the subconscious mind by Joseph Murphy

Creative mind and success by Enerst Holmes

The game of life by scovel shin

Trust me u won't regret touching the above. If nothing pls don't miss the first two I wrote . If u can't lay ur hands on them let me know ill send them over to you.
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by Seun(m): 7:42pm On Jul 02, 2016
Millerz:
I've been a Christian since the day I was born. Maybe not fully devoted, but I spend quality time praying, fasting and reading the bible on my own. For the past 3yrs, i've experienced unimaginable pain, nothing has worked out for me, and my life seems to be going in circles. I've been praying to God, but havnt got results. Nothing appeals to me anymore. All I think about is suicide and I already got poison. My parents are the reason I haven't taken my life. They would be devastated cause I'm the last child.

You appear to have symptoms of depression. Pls see a psychiatrist. This is not an insult. They have treatments that will make you feel better.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jul 02, 2016
Seun:

You appear to have symptoms of depression. Pls see a psychiatrist. This is not an insult. They have treatments that will make you feel better.

yeah, i think so too.
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by urahara(m): 8:13pm On Jul 02, 2016
Millerz:
Hi,

Seasons greetings to every one that reads this. This is actually the very first time I'm creating a thread cheesy

So, I want to use this medium to openly renounce my Christian faith. I've been a Christian since the day I was born. Maybe not fully devoted, but I spend quality time praying, fasting and reading the bible on my own. For the past 3yrs, i've experienced unimaginable pain, nothing has worked out for me, and my life seems to be going in circles. I've been praying to God, but havnt got results. Nothing appeals to me anymore. All I think about is suicide and I already got poison. My parents are the reason I haven't taken my life. They would be devastated cause I'm the last child. Money isn't the problem cuz I've tasted money that some working class people have never seen.

Before I joined NL, I never doubted God, but seeing all the hate and negative comments from NL atheists has made me question God. The pain in my heart is too much and I wonder why an omnipotent God would let me or anyone suffer. I dont know why God remembers everyone else but ignores me. For the past one week, I've not prayed because I figured why pray when it won't be answered. So yeah, I've officially dropped Christianity today.

Thanks for your time!!

This is emotional rather than intellectual. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Here To Engage Theist God Especially Kingebukasblog / Winners Chapel Trains 2000 Ghanaian Youths As Entrepreneurs (photos) / Is Jesus Christ The Only Way To Heaven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.