Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,326 members, 7,829,826 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

Renouncing My Christian Faith - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Renouncing My Christian Faith (13949 Views)

3 Things That Can Kill Your Christian Faith / "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" / A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by PastorAIO: 12:55am On Dec 19, 2015
vooks:

Crybabies are addicted to attention, they live for it. If you believe the bullsh*t on NL you probably need to have whatever little that is between your head recalibrated

Okay, if she needs attention what is wrong with giving it to her. Everybody needs attention. There will be a reason why she is seeking attention.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by PastorAIO: 12:59am On Dec 19, 2015
malvisguy212:
point out the heartless coment in what I say.

Okay, I apologise for calling your post heartless, I guess I was reading it in light of Vook's post and that affected the way I read it. Sorry.
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by malvisguy212: 1:20am On Dec 19, 2015
PastorAIO:

Okay, I apologise for calling your post heartless, I guess I was reading it in light of Vook's post and that affected the way I read it. Sorry.
alright.

1 Like

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by malvisguy212: 2:00am On Dec 19, 2015
Millerz:
I've never encountered Christ. I have no experience in that regards.
acts on what you already know , with patience you will encounter God. The
door to spiritual understanding is not human explanation, but supernatural revelation.
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by jared007: 3:59am On Dec 19, 2015
Millerz:
Hi,

Seasons greetings to every one that reads this. This is actually the very first time I'm creating a thread cheesy

So, I want to use this medium to openly renounce my Christian faith. I've been a Christian since the day I was born. Maybe not fully devoted, but I spend quality time praying, fasting and reading the bible on my own. For the past 3yrs, i've experienced unimaginable pain, nothing has worked out for me, and my life seems to be going in circles. I've been praying to God, but havnt got results. Nothing appeals to me anymore. All I think about is suicide and I already got poison. My parents are the reason I haven't taken my life. They would be devastated cause I'm the last child. Money isn't the problem cuz I've tasted money that some working class people have never seen.

Before I joined NL, I never doubted God, but seeing all the hate and negative comments from NL atheists has made me question God. The pain in my heart is too much and I wonder why an omnipotent God would let me or anyone suffer. I dont know why God remembers everyone else but ignores me. For the past one week, I've not prayed because I figured why pray when it won't be answered. So yeah, I've officially dropped Christianity today.

Thanks for your time!!
There's Pride in ur heart. What's the point suffering on earth and go to Hell to continue suffering without an end? The scriptures says God is only moved by ur FAITH and not ur TEARS. U will keep suffering if u don't activate ur Faith. Sister pls go to the nearest Christ Embassy Church and explain ur problems to the Pastor there, he will show u the next steps to follow. Life can be enjoyed.

1 Like

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by vooks: 5:12am On Dec 19, 2015
PastorAIO:

Okay, if she needs attention what is wrong with giving it to her. Everybody needs attention. There will be a reason why she is seeking attention.
This is not the place
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by plaetton: 8:20am On Dec 19, 2015
Millerz:
Vooks

your hypocrisy is alarming you know. Last time i checked, you left Christianity for new age only to go back again. Who seems to be more confused now? Your contributions are clearly not needed on this thread. if you're gonna bitch about serious issues such as this one then kindly exit the thread.

Even Jesus went through trials and tribulations, so if you're taking pride in demeaning people because of their struggles it goes to say you're immature.

Double thanks and a million likes.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by vooks: 8:26am On Dec 19, 2015
plaetton:

M0ron, merry Christmas
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by plaetton: 8:31am On Dec 19, 2015
johnydon22:
Why do people really want to live life only on the positive light and cry fowl when they experience negativity..

Seems more likely that your belief in God or deities is about gaining favours from the sky and as such dwindles if those expected favours are not forth coming.. That's quite shallow i must say.

I don't know if what you wrote up there is true about the suicide thingy but one thing is certain suicide is never an answer to any problem.

Your life will play out one way or the other, either for good or bad but if you die now how are you going to find out how it goes.

I'd stick around and see the end if that was me..

I have always told people that the victims mindset dilutes the potential of a human in the face of an unfavourable circumstance, do not see yourself as a victim of your circumstances or conditions because you are not the victim.

If there was no YOU there wouldn't be those problems facing you affirms you are in charge of your circumstance.

You need to accept that these circumstances and conditions are your responsibilities and yours alone and stop playing the victim and seeking help from abstract things like deities you can only diminish your ability to solve your problems.

If you don't own up and move that cup nothing will move it for you.. Not jesus, satan or allah.

Good and bad can happen to anyone, these negating factors in this random world we live in keeps both us and the world in balance in my own opinion.

How can we live and hope not to feel pain, sadness and tears. then why live at all?

there is no up without a down so too is the relationship between pain and joy..

Forget suicide my friend it solves nothing but betrays abject cowardice... When life rages around you stand your ground and say to it "Do your worse cus i will do mine after you are done" find meaning in your suffering.

someone once said "if life throws bricks at you use it to build"..

You call these negative circumstances "Problems" i simply call it "Life" and i live it and enjoy every bit of it.

Lastly, Atheists do not spew hate for any God concept, you can't hate what you don't believe exists. they just argue on what they find to be implausible.. You probably had that misplaced

You speak my mind, ..only better.
grin
This is the same thing I try to tell christians in my extended family.

As long as humans have unfulfilled desires and needs ( whether it's health, wealth or love) , they will always suffer.
As such, any religion that promises to defy man's intrinsic nature is obviously a fraud.

Again, it should be stressed that How you live your life is what matters, not what you believe or place your faith upon.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by plaetton: 8:36am On Dec 19, 2015
vooks:

M0ron, merry Christmas
Yeah, my Lilliputian friend.
By the way , have you figured out which side of the egg should be cracked first, the small end or the big end ?

Anyway, Merry Pagan Festivities, ..as Paganism, the natural and nature religion of humankind , reasserts its pre-eminence.
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by vooks: 8:41am On Dec 19, 2015
plaetton:

Yeah, my Lilliputian friend.
By the way , have you figured out which side of the egg should be cracked first, the small end or the big end ?

Anyway, Merry Pagan Festivities, ..as Paganism, the natural and nature religion of humankind , reasserts its pre-eminence.
I don't recall celebrating Christmas. It has nothing to do with Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior, Merry Christmas is a courteous way of saying hi

I intend to savor as much sea food as I can hold starting with lobsters,shrimp and shark

What do you recommend, Sheraton?

1 Like

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by vooks: 8:45am On Dec 19, 2015
plaetton:

You speak my mind, ..only better.
grin
This is the same thing I try to tell christians in my extended family.

As long as humans have unfulfilled desires and needs ( whether it's health, wealth or love) , they will always suffer.
As such, any religion that promises to defy man's intrinsic nature is obviously a fraud.

Again, it should be stressed that How you live your life is what matters, not what you believe or place your faith upon.
Amateur Septic(sic), get a mind of your own you intellectual parasite

1 Like

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:46am On Dec 19, 2015
plaetton:

It was sarcasm . I even enjoyed a good laugh when I visited the thread cool
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by vooks: 8:51am On Dec 19, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

It was sarcasm . I even enjoyed a good laugh when I visited the thread cool
My broda,
Weep,not for Millerz, she will soon realize that NL is no shoulder to whine on.
Can you see amateur skeptics and antitheists rubbing their hands with glee?
They are the most insecure scum of humanity

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by plaetton: 9:27am On Dec 19, 2015
vooks:

I don't recall celebrating Christmas. It has nothing to do with Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior, Merry Christmas is a courteous way of saying hi

I intend to savor as much sea food as I can hold starting with lobsters,shrimp and shark

What do you recommend, Sheraton?

Isn't gluttony a sin ?

I thought a genuine follower of Jesus would feed the needy, ..you know, like the fish and loaves that kept on multiplying ?

But then, I am under the false assumption that you do understand what the message of Jesus means and the inherent moral philosophy .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by vooks: 9:29am On Dec 19, 2015
plaetton:

Isn't gluttony a sin ?

I thought a genuine follower of Jesus would feed the needy, ..you know, like the fish and loaves that kept on multiplying ?

But then, I am under the false assumption that you do understand what the message of Jesus means and the inherent moral philosophy .
Feeding the needy over Christmas is hypocrisy; the food perishes. What you need is continuous charity not reflex bowels of mercy.

How is your weekend coming Amateur Septic(sic)?
Having failed in logic, I figured at least you know something about sea food grin
What's your advice?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by plaetton: 9:39am On Dec 19, 2015
vooks:

My broda,
Weep,not for Millerz, she will soon realize that NL is no shoulder to whine on.
Can you see amateur skeptics and antitheists rubbing their hands with glee?
They are the most insecure scum of humanity

Again, dishonesty would not allow you to see that no atheist here is clapping for this chap.

Atheism is not a rebellion against an unjust or aloof deity. Atheism is not about unfulfilled desires or needs.

At her mental level now, she is actually more vulnerable to religious manipulations.

Every atheist here has advised her to face the vissitudes of life without the dependency on the magic of the invisible skydaddy.

No atheist on Nairaland became an atheist because of unfulfilled promises of invisible skydaddy..
Well, of course, with exception of Uyi Iredia,. and we all know how he has ended up. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:41am On Dec 19, 2015
plaetton:

Again, dishonesty would not allow you to see that no atheist here is clapping for this chap.

Atheism is not a rebellion against an unjust or aloof deity. Atheism is not about unfulfilled desires or needs.

At her mental level now, she is actually more vulnerable to religious manipulations.

Every atheist here has advised her to face the vissitudes of life without the dependency on the magic of the invisible skydaddy.

No atheist on Nairaland became an atheist because of unfulfilled promises of invisible skydaddy..
Well, of course, with exception of UyiIredia ,. and we all know how he has ended up. undecided
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by plaetton: 9:45am On Dec 19, 2015
vooks:

Feeding the needy over Christmas is hypocrisy; the food perishes. What you need is continuous charity not reflex bowels of mercy.

How is your weekend coming Amateur Septic(sic)?
Having failed in logic, I figured at least you know something about sea food grin
What's your advice?

Yes, charity should be a continuous activity.
Nevertheless, there is no hypocrisy in sharing your surplus in this season of merriments.

But then, the "name it and claim it " bling bling theology is the new hallmark of christian philosophy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by Scholar8200(m): 9:50am On Dec 19, 2015
Millerz:
Vooks

Even Jesus went through trials and tribulations, so if you're taking pride in demeaning people because of their struggles it goes to say you're immature.
Sis, since you know the highlighted, I wonder why you are therefore backing out!!! Jesus Who had NO sin, the Son of the Father's Love!!!

What then should they say that were burnt at the stakes or fed to lions for being ...Christians? Or that died violent deaths while trying to obey the great Commission as missionaries? (mind you some of them prayed but were still killed!)

Or why did Paul not backslide because the Lord refused to take away the thorn?

For consider him (Jesus) that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds. 4 Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees; 13 and make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or unclothedness, or peril, or sword?

... Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. 38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 39 nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by Jeromejnr(m): 9:55am On Dec 19, 2015
Scholar8200:

Sis, since you know the highlighted, I wonder why you are therefore backing out!!! Jesus Who had NO sin, the Son of the Father's Love!!!

What then should they say that were burnt at the stakes or fed to lions for being ...Christians? Or that died violent deaths while trying to obey the great Commission?

For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds. 4 Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees; 13 and make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or unclothedness, or peril, or sword?

... Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. 38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 39 nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

On point.

Most Christian's that are complaining of their light suffering have never even experienced what the Apostle Paul faced not to even talk of Jesus.

And yet Paul called it a light affliction.

The earlier most Christians realize they are in a war the better for them. An Apostate is worse than a sinner that has never met Christ.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by vooks: 10:02am On Dec 19, 2015
plaetton:

Yes, charity should be a continuous activity.
Nevertheless, there is no hypocrisy in sharing your surplus in this season of merriments.

But then, the "name it and claim it " bling bling theology is the new hallmark of christian philosophy.
My father is not exactly well educated, went up to high school, came from a poor family, granddad died quote early so grandma was twice disadvantaged. She never remarried. His enduring legacy is educating his siblings. He actually dropped off high school because he got a job and whatever little he got,he paid school fees for his siblings and cousins. Overall he educated some 19 kids, now family men. When I look at those families,and compare them the those who never went to school at all, I appreciate the value of charity. Serious charity.

I have purposed to educate as many kids so as to give them a fighting chance. Negroes need to invest in education whether jobs are there or not. So you won't find me running around over Christmas like Santa Claus. What I do over this period is take long drives because the roads are relatively freed up. I also listen to Christmas carols for memories sake.

Am also thinking of buying at least two bales of second hand clothes for giving away. My mum in love, she is a widow and for a fraction of what I make, she has exceeded me in educating orphans. If I gave her 2 bales, one for kids and another for women, she'd have at least 400 pieces to give away.

So my broda, apart from bickering here over God and theism, lets invest in the underprivileged.
I keep on saying charity is the gospel in deed.

Imagine one bale goes for between 30-40K and you can clothe 100 souls

The gospel of bling is from the deepest pit of hell. A church should save 10% of its collections and dispense the rest to the needy not pampering their GO. I encourage my fellow Christians to study Christian history. The historicity of some of these teachings gives them away as new inventions. There is a reason why the English had 'poor as a church mouse' quip; churches were never designed to be ATMs. Men who make much more than their wildest imagination simply because they left 'all' to preach are in all likelihood poor stewards

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by Nobody: 10:07am On Dec 19, 2015
Millerz:
Hi,

Seasons greetings to every one that reads this. This is actually the very first time I'm creating a thread cheesy

So, I want to use this medium to openly renounce my Christian faith. I've been a Christian since the day I was born. Maybe not fully devoted, but I spend quality time praying, fasting and reading the bible on my own. For the past 3yrs, i've experienced unimaginable pain, nothing has worked out for me, and my life seems to be going in circles. I've been praying to God, but havnt got results. Nothing appeals to me anymore. All I think about is suicide and I already got poison. My parents are the reason I haven't taken my life. They would be devastated cause I'm the last child. Money isn't the problem cuz I've tasted money that some working class people have never seen.

Before I joined NL, I never doubted God, but seeing all the hate and negative comments from NL atheists has made me question God. The pain in my heart is too much and I wonder why an omnipotent God would let me or anyone suffer. I dont know why God remembers everyone else but ignores me. For the past one week, I've not prayed because I figured why pray when it won't be answered. So yeah, I've officially dropped Christianity today.

Thanks for your time!!

Interesting. We've got some things. Please permit me to send you a PM. Please.
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:08am On Dec 19, 2015
plaetton:

No atheist on Nairaland became an atheist because of unfulfilled promises of invisible skydaddy

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

You dont see the wind because its invisible but you feel the coolness it brings
Though God is invisible to many , His power is experienced by millions
Denying the presence of the wind when its blowing is like denying the power of God when its moving
You know its the light wind when rushing air mildly brushes against your skin
We know its the power of God when

2 Peter 1:3
His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

Acts 2:4
4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by Chubhie: 10:14am On Dec 19, 2015
Hahn, come and see your handwork.
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by ichommy(m): 10:23am On Dec 19, 2015
@ Millerz , welcome to the club of free thinkers cheesy
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:27am On Dec 19, 2015
ichommy:
@ Millerz , welcome to the club of free thinkers cheesy

have you said your prayers to void ? Free thinking my ass .Mocking what you have no knowledge and understanding of is irrational and vacuous
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by plaetton: 10:40am On Dec 19, 2015
vooks:

My father is not exactly well educated, went up to high school, came from a poor family, granddad died quote early so grandma was twice disadvantaged. She never remarried. His enduring legacy is educating his siblings. He actually dropped off high school because he got a job and whatever little he got,he paid school fees for his siblings and cousins. Overall he educated some 19 kids, now family men. When I look at those families,and compare them the those who never went to school at all, I appreciate the value of charity. Serious charity.

I have purposed to educate as many kids so as to give them a fighting chance. Negroes need to invest in education whether jobs are there or not. So you won't find me running around over Christmas like Santa Claus. What I do over this period is take long drives because the roads are relatively freed up. I also listen to Christmas carols for memories sake.

Am also thinking of buying at least two bales of second hand clothes for giving away. My mum in love, she is a widow and for a fraction of what I make, she has exceeded me in educating orphans. If I gave her 2 bales, one for kids and another for women, she'd have at least 400 pieces to give away.

So my broda, apart from bickering here over God and theism, lets invest in the underprivileged.
I keep on saying charity is the gospel in deed.

Imagine one bale goes for between 30-40K and you can clothe 100 souls

The gospel of bling is from the deepest pit of hell. A church should save 10% of its collections and dispense the rest to the needy not pampering their GO. I encourage my fellow Christians to study Christian history. The historicity of some of these teachings gives them away as new inventions. There is a reason why the English had 'poor as a church mouse' quip; churches were never designed to be ATMs. Men who make much more than their wildest imagination simply because they left 'all' to preach are in all likelihood poor stewards

For once I give you a like.
We have something in common with regards to charity.
I do the little bit that I can at the moment.

I see charity and community service as my ultimate destiny in life.

I plan to retire from business in 5years time, then spend the rest of my life doing charity and community service, with emphasis on youth, education and senior citizens care.

I find more joy and more personal fulfilment when I give.

I am greatly inspired by the Toothfairy, that selfless being, that self begotten eternal being, though invisible, whose grace and presence can be felt, just like a gentle harmattan breeze.

1 Like

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by cupidhero(m): 10:43am On Dec 19, 2015
This is what happens when one becomes a Christian just to escape poverty. Why even tell us about your decision to leave Christianity? I'm sure the forces controlling you told you to do that so others who are almost giving up on their Christian faith can do so more quickly after reading about the reasons you and a couple atheists will present here. Your presentation was nice, clap for yourself. Know thyself,know when you are being ruled and influenced by forces older than the earth you live in. It is realy funny how some of you denouce Christianity and the first thing you do for your self is to launch attacks in forms of reasons why God is bad,fake or why he does not exist. Abi dem use knife force you to become a Christian?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:43am On Dec 19, 2015
plaetton:

I am greatly inspired by the Toothfairy, that selfless being, that self begotten eternal being, though invisible, whose grace and presence can be felt, just like a gentle harmattan breeze.

undecided
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:45am On Dec 19, 2015
cupidhero:
This is what happens when one becomes a Christian just to escape poverty. Why even tell us about your decision to leave Christianity? I'm sure the forces controlling you told you to do that so others who are almost giving up on their Christian faith can do so more quickly after reading about the reasons you and a couple atheists will present here. Your presentation was nice, clap for yourself. Know thyself,know when you are being ruled and influenced by forces older than the earth you live in. It is realy funny how some of you denouce Christianity and the first thing you do for your self is to launch attacks in forms of reasons why God is bad,fake or why he does not exist. Abi dem use knife force you to become a Christian?

No one forced anyone to be a christian and now she wants to leave Christianity she wont loose her limbs or her head . FREE WILL
Re: Renouncing My Christian Faith by Nobody: 10:47am On Dec 19, 2015
awww... cry cry cry cry cry

that was so touching vooks.. about the Lara offer, can you hold on to that till sometime next February? grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Here To Engage Theist God Especially Kingebukasblog / Winners Chapel Trains 2000 Ghanaian Youths As Entrepreneurs (photos) / Men And Their Indecent Dressing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.