Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,741 members, 7,813,430 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:16 PM

Kneeling Down To Propose Marriage Is 'Unafrican' - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Kneeling Down To Propose Marriage Is 'Unafrican' (2350 Views)

Man Planned With Police To Propose To Girlfriend, What Happened Next Is Shocking / Military Officer Kneeling Down To Propose To His Girlfriend / Dear Nigerian Men, Kneeling Down To Propose To A Woman Is Unafrican (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kneeling Down To Propose Marriage Is 'Unafrican' by donestk(m): 10:29pm On Dec 18, 2015
Our forefathers never did this borrowed gesture yet their marriage worked and they grew old together.

I find it dramatic for ladies to shed 'happiness tears' after their long term boyfriend proposes. What's the aim of dating that long only to be surprise when he pops the question?

It's only logical to assert that she was expecting to be dumped or he was being used if she turn down his proposal.

Two adults should know what they want when they pair up.

Wouldn't you agree?

1 Like

Re: Kneeling Down To Propose Marriage Is 'Unafrican' by donTbone(m): 10:30pm On Dec 18, 2015
Yes, i wont agree!

1 Like

Re: Kneeling Down To Propose Marriage Is 'Unafrican' by Oladimejy(m): 10:32pm On Dec 18, 2015
Dont mind african..they want to act like their masters in everything

1 Like

Re: Kneeling Down To Propose Marriage Is 'Unafrican' by Nobody: 10:34pm On Dec 18, 2015
donestk:
Our forefathers never did this borrowed gesture yet their marriage worked and they grew old together.

If find it dramatic for ladies to shed 'happiness tears' after their longterm boyfriend proposes. What's the aim of dating that long only to be surprise when he pops the question?

It's time to revert to the old way.

Wouldn't you agree?
are you a yoruba guy?
Re: Kneeling Down To Propose Marriage Is 'Unafrican' by Nobody: 10:37pm On Dec 18, 2015
Whatever way anyone chooses to propose is all dependent on personal choice, It has nothing to do with culture or tradition.

If you say that kneeling to propose is unafrican, then proposing with a ring and doing a white wedding is also unafrican.
Re: Kneeling Down To Propose Marriage Is 'Unafrican' by donestk(m): 10:37pm On Dec 18, 2015
Am igbo

Jolllyjoy:
are you a yoruba guy?

1 Like

Re: Kneeling Down To Propose Marriage Is 'Unafrican' by donestk(m): 10:39pm On Dec 18, 2015
White wedding is a big scam. Ring is just a symbol used to differentiate married from singles.

Decker:
Whatever way anyone chooses to propose is all dependent on personal choice, It has nothing to do with culture or tradition.

If you say that kneeling to propose is unafrican, then proposing with a ring and doing a white wedding is also unafrican.

1 Like

Re: Kneeling Down To Propose Marriage Is 'Unafrican' by tpiar: 10:41pm On Dec 18, 2015
Jolllyjoy:
are you a yoruba guy?

he's referring to the recent marriage proposal which made headlines.
Re: Kneeling Down To Propose Marriage Is 'Unafrican' by Nobody: 10:41pm On Dec 18, 2015
Oladimejy:
Dont mind african..they want to act like their masters in everything

Don't be a hypocrite. Don't you wear suits and ties? Don't you wear shoes, drive cars, eat in restaurants and attend seminars? Are these thing not what your "masters" do? Why do you also do these things since you are preaching against "copying them in everything?"

Why aren't you some where in a bush village barefooted, dressed in leaves and attending a village meeting?

4 Likes

Re: Kneeling Down To Propose Marriage Is 'Unafrican' by Nobody: 10:42pm On Dec 18, 2015
Yes. It's totally Unafrican. The African way should be beating your fiancee until she shouts: Yes! Yes!! Yes!!! I will marry you!

#joke

1 Like

Re: Kneeling Down To Propose Marriage Is 'Unafrican' by Cutehector(m): 10:44pm On Dec 18, 2015
I keep on saying it, too much of abroad movies are brainwashing we africans.

We are brainwashed that things ought to happen a certain way which shouldnt be so.

But hey, we dont live in the past anymore, and we shouldnt not practice the things of old. We are a modern people, and lets behave like modern people. Whateva style of proposal u think is ok for you, do it. If u even want to lie down and say kabiyesi to ur fiancee, no problem, as long as she says yes, you two are good to go...

But thunder will fire dat woman after i kneel down finish and she says no... grin

1 Like

Re: Kneeling Down To Propose Marriage Is 'Unafrican' by Nobody: 10:51pm On Dec 18, 2015
tpiar:

he's referring to the recent marriage proposal which made headlines.
ok sir
Re: Kneeling Down To Propose Marriage Is 'Unafrican' by Nobody: 11:00pm On Dec 18, 2015
I find it hilarious when people pick & choose what's African & what isn't, especially when they're using western technology to air their views. Times change so either you get with the programme or throw away every modern gadget you own & start beating the drum to send a message just like in the good ol' days.
Re: Kneeling Down To Propose Marriage Is 'Unafrican' by Nobody: 11:04pm On Dec 18, 2015
Well, it's all down to personal decision. Not cultural. If I chose to propose to my girl while prostrating, I don't expect anybody to question my decision. How and where I propose is my choice it's not something the society or culture decides

(1) (Reply)

I Experienced Something Funny Today. / The Most Effective Form Of Defence Against Guys Physically Stronger Than You / What Is Wrong With This Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.