Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,173 members, 7,835,918 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

El-Zakzaky Will Be Prosecuted For His Crimes – El-Rufai - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-Zakzaky Will Be Prosecuted For His Crimes – El-Rufai (47891 Views)

I’m Being Prosecuted For Old Grievances – Dasuki / Dakuku Peterside To Be Prosecuted For Murder / Shi'a Islam And The Shia Islamic Movement Of Zakzaky Will Continue to Grow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: El-Zakzaky Will Be Prosecuted For His Crimes – El-Rufai by martineverest(m): 9:26pm On Dec 20, 2015
Something tells me that the clampdown on Shiites was planned....

4 Likes

Re: El-Zakzaky Will Be Prosecuted For His Crimes – El-Rufai by joseph1832(m): 9:27pm On Dec 20, 2015
How nice. Its time many of these northerners start calling their fellow northerners to order.

No one has absolute monopoly of violence. A message for all those BH sympathizers.

1 Like

Re: El-Zakzaky Will Be Prosecuted For His Crimes – El-Rufai by Nobody: 9:29pm On Dec 20, 2015
Zakzaky should be hang... He should obey Nigerian laws not fucking Iran

1 Like

Re: El-Zakzaky Will Be Prosecuted For His Crimes – El-Rufai by Hefemale: 9:31pm On Dec 20, 2015
ogawisdom:
They shld ve killed dt idi.ot self
Why? what that man is going through is not easy, what could be worse than killing his 6 sons?

1 Like

Re: El-Zakzaky Will Be Prosecuted For His Crimes – El-Rufai by fineguy11(m): 9:31pm On Dec 20, 2015
the only crime this man committed is being a SHIA,which majority of the northern SUNNI muslims hate with passion.the govt has been looking for ways to clamp down on this man,majority of the northern sunni muslim elite are afraid of his rising influence.its unfortunate his dumb followers gave the authorities the excuse they''av been looking for.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Zakzaky Will Be Prosecuted For His Crimes – El-Rufai by Gassa007: 9:34pm On Dec 20, 2015
Beetobee:

Broaden your thinking. Do you know how grievous preventing the No.1 soldier in Nigeria is? In the US, if you raise a small pocket knife at a police officer from 50 meters away, he gun you down immediately as that is a threat to his life and the US government. In the video, I heard the riff raffs saying even if the President came their, the would allow him passage except their mallam authorized so. What more could have been done to the lawless creatures?
What's the use of teargas and rubber bullets for Assuming your family member is among those killed,you will know how it feels AND pls correct those craps you wrote about US there they are all bullsh*ts,tryna get your facts well stop hallucinating...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Zakzaky Will Be Prosecuted For His Crimes – El-Rufai by GANJAFARMER: 9:36pm On Dec 20, 2015
Buhari should stop using his minions to champion a Sunni agenda by stamping down hard on Shiites in Nigeria using political power in a democratic country ,else all hell would be let loose.

I don't blame him but all the change chanting zombies in the South.

The collective will of Nigeria is greater than the will of the Fulani hegemony, one day their generations will burn for these crimes.
Zazaky should be returned safe and sound and adequately compensated.
We can't allow anyone hiding under govt shield to settle scores with any people, region, and religious sect.
We are a democratic country let the rule of law apply here.

1 Like

Re: El-Zakzaky Will Be Prosecuted For His Crimes – El-Rufai by lyricalz: 9:36pm On Dec 20, 2015
What of the soldiers that killed the protesters, won't they be prosecuted too? No justice for the slain nigerians?

3 Likes

Re: El-Zakzaky Will Be Prosecuted For His Crimes – El-Rufai by olutunde12(m): 9:38pm On Dec 20, 2015
jakiedudu:
If the state and federal govt insist on presecuting Zakzaky and his shiites followers for blocking the road, who will punish other religious groups for using the road as a prayer ground

Praying on the road and trying to attack an army convoy are two different things. God is just punishing Zak Zacky for what he had written and said against christianity calling himself an islamic scholar of the bible. Zak Zacky, do you see ur life?

1 Like

Re: El-Zakzaky Will Be Prosecuted For His Crimes – El-Rufai by greatiyk4u(m): 9:39pm On Dec 20, 2015
ogawisdom:

Christians dnt behave like animals wink

Don't pretend as if u don't knw how many christians warned during election dat Buhari will islamize Nigeria
Re: El-Zakzaky Will Be Prosecuted For His Crimes – El-Rufai by LastProphet: 9:39pm On Dec 20, 2015
BlackPeni5:
Yaradua's government killed Yusuf and gave us the Boko Haram problem today. When they eventually kill Zakzaky, they will blame the subsequent southern government.

What crime did he commit when he was not part of the procession. If the procession was illegal, was he warned earlier by the police? Has he been warned about previous processions in the past?

If the government is trying to justify it's illegality via this sham trial, it should also be prepared for the consequences. Later they will start begging for reconciliation and settlement when the issue has gone out of hand.

so you now agree it was yaradua that caused Bokoharam? i thought people call them northerners that hate Goodluck?
Re: El-Zakzaky Will Be Prosecuted For His Crimes – El-Rufai by Matty33(m): 9:44pm On Dec 20, 2015
lolaxavier:

The Kaduna State Governor, Mallam Nasiru El-Rufai, yesterday disclosed that the leader of the Islamic Movement of Nigeria, Sheikh Ibraheem El-Zakzaky, would be prosecuted for crimes he may have committed.

This is coming on the heels of a clash between followers of El-Zakzaky and the military in Zaria.

A recent clash had occurred between the convoy of the Chief of Army Staff, Lt. General Tukur Yusuf Buratai, and followers of the Islamic Movement of Nigeria who were said to have condoned off the highway during their annual procession.

The barricade and subsequent raid on the residence of El-Zakzaky reportedly led to the death of some of the latter’s followers, including his son.

Following the incident, the military immediately issued a press statement alleging that members of the sect wanted to assassinate Buratai.

Few days after El-Zakzaky’s residence was raided by the army, Governor El-Rufai announced the setting up of a judicial commission of inquiry to look into the clash between the Shiite members and the military. But the movement has expressed lack of confidence in the judicial commission of enquiry proposed by the governor to probe the clash.

El-Rufai, while addressing journalists on Saturday in Kaduna after Northern Governors, under the aegis of Northern States Governors’ Forum, NSGF, rose from their meeting convened to look into the clash between the military and Shiite members in Zaria, said, “The leader of the movement is in custody, he will be prosecuted for any crimes that he may have committed. But that is the decision for the federal authorities. There are state and federal crimes.”

“There is a government and a constitution and we are resolved to follow the constitution and due process,” he stated.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/12/20/el-zakzaky-will-be-prosecuted-for-his-crimes-el-rufai/
This is good, their action was the height of insult to the Army in particular and the nation in general. It will also send strong signals to any other person or group of persons to think twice before joking with the Army. Well done your Excellency.
Re: El-Zakzaky Will Be Prosecuted For His Crimes – El-Rufai by great664(m): 9:48pm On Dec 20, 2015
abduljabbar4:

Even though i dont like the Shiites, that guy is 100% right. Can you asnwer all those questions you asked? Aswer and get $200 from me.

Note: the asnwers must make sense

When 30 of his followers were killed That dwarf address army as jonathanian Genocidal army, today he is singing a different song, The road issue was just a cover up of Sunni Muslim against Shiites Muslim but they didn't plan it well, The first day was that they tried to assassinate Buratai, in the video they release show that they just block the road and nothing more, and Buhari won't release a press statement to condemn the killings backsides he is part of it. Condeming the killings will make him look weak to the Shiites and his silent means it serves them right and encourage army and Sunni Boko Haram to keep killing shia Muslims

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Zakzaky Will Be Prosecuted For His Crimes – El-Rufai by perryy(m): 9:49pm On Dec 20, 2015
lolaxavier:
It may not have been the perfect response from the military but I will still pack the bulk of the blame on the Shiites. If not that we thrive in a lawless continent, how can a group of persons or people under the guise of religion put public facilities to ransom. Why must anyone barricade a road meant to be used by the public.
To cap it all, they now had the effrontery to confront the military and also threaten their lives. It is only a deranged man that will stare at the nozzle of a gun and will decide to dance in front of it.
Needless to say that the military also took steps to calming the situation in the first instance but these thugs still went ahead with their threats. Someone said after all they only had sticks and machetes, is it when they start cutting people's heads before they expect the military to react.
Lesson learned: Your 6 packs cannot act as an effective bulletproof.

If I were the COAS, I swear none of those rifrafs would have been spared. I watched the video on YouTube and I was gobsmacked. I even saw ethnicity there . The way the military men came down from their vehicles to be begging those rats who were chanting alhuakubaru, if it was somewhere in onitcha that the road was blocked by armed youth, would the soldiers have come down to beg or they would have just clear them immediately? Well, I'm glad the foolish Shiite militants didn't accept the plea of the soldiers. Otherwise, it would have been a national embarrassment. How do you arm with sticks and cutlasses as displayed in that video and went to waylay the military? To add insult to injury, the soldiers came down and started begging those terrorists to grant them passage. This country self.

2 Likes

Re: El-Zakzaky Will Be Prosecuted For His Crimes – El-Rufai by gbengus17: 9:52pm On Dec 20, 2015
IN NIGERIA WE HAVE 2 TYPES OF FANATICS, WE HAVE THE OPEN ONES LIKE BOKO HARAM AND WE HAVE THE SILENT AND HIGHLY DANGEROUS ONES.LIKE YHIS SHITE GUYS. HOW CAN SOMEBODY BE SO BOLD TO BLOCK THE CONVOY OF A WHOLE CHIEF OF ARMY STAFF GOING ON OFFICIAL DUTY. ITS SUICIDE. CAN YOU TRY IT WITH A STATE CP OR GOC.
Re: El-Zakzaky Will Be Prosecuted For His Crimes – El-Rufai by lagosrd: 9:55pm On Dec 20, 2015
BlackPeni5:
Yaradua's government killed Yusuf and gave us the Boko Haram problem today. When they eventually kill Zakzaky, they will blame the subsequent southern government.

What crime did he commit when he was not part of the procession. If the procession was illegal, was he warned earlier by the police? Has he been warned about previous processions in the past?

If the government is trying to justify it's illegality via this sham trial, it should also be prepared for the consequences. Later they will start begging for reconciliation and settlement when the issue has gone out of hand.

Season film watching in 3d. Hope el rufai will not back out when these his brothers eventually bounce back
Re: El-Zakzaky Will Be Prosecuted For His Crimes – El-Rufai by gbengus17: 9:58pm On Dec 20, 2015
I ONLY BLAME THIS ON LACK OF AN ADVANCE PARTY BY THE CHIEF OF ARMY STAFF. AN ADVANCE PARTY WILL MOVE 2HRS TO COAS MOVEMAENT. CHECK THE PROPOSED ROUTE PLY THE ROUTE AND ADVICE FOR OR AGAINST. ALL GOVERNORS AND HEAD OF STATE ALL OVER THE WORLD HAS THIS. THIS ADVANCE PARTY WOULD HAVE ADVICED THE CHIEF OF ARMY STAFF AGAINST PLYING THAT ROUTE. AM A UNIFORM MAN

1 Like

Re: El-Zakzaky Will Be Prosecuted For His Crimes – El-Rufai by repogirl(f): 10:00pm On Dec 20, 2015
And I guess the soldiers who carried out the attack of unarmed civilians at night when the people were asleep and massacred up to 600 people will be left to go Scot free? angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Zakzaky Will Be Prosecuted For His Crimes – El-Rufai by Deblow: 10:01pm On Dec 20, 2015
lolaxavier:
It may not have been the perfect response from the military but I will still pack the bulk of the blame on the Shiites. If not that we thrive in a lawless continent, how can a group of persons or people under the guise of religion put public facilities to ransom. Why must anyone barricade a road meant to be used by the public.
To cap it all, they now had the effrontery to confront the military and also threaten their lives. It is only a deranged man that will stare at the nozzle of a gun and will decide to dance in front of it.
Needless to say that the military also took steps to calming the situation in the first instance but these thugs still went ahead with their threats. Someone said after all they only had sticks and machetes, is it when they start cutting people's heads before they expect the military to react.
Lesson learned: Your 6 packs cannot act as an effective bulletproof.

Well said. It is the heights of foolishness for anyone armed or otherwise to confront the army whose major brief is to kill to protect the territorial integrity of the nation. These guys were armed with sticks, stones and the likes. Tell me, if stoning can't kill. How can a convoy of the COAS be begging civilians for right of passage. It is impossible in any sane clime. Whoever condemns the action of the military here is just being sentimental possibly becos if his symphaty for the religion or hatred for the military

2 Likes

Re: El-Zakzaky Will Be Prosecuted For His Crimes – El-Rufai by lookingfly: 10:03pm On Dec 20, 2015
saxywale:

They should restrict their revolution to the Northern part of the country.
abeg make them wait make we finish school first.
Re: El-Zakzaky Will Be Prosecuted For His Crimes – El-Rufai by lookingfly: 10:05pm On Dec 20, 2015
repogirl:
And I guess the soldiers who carried out the attack of unarmed civilians at night when the people were asleep and massacred up to 600 people will be left to go Scot free? angry
haba.....600ppl, where the dead bodies?
Re: El-Zakzaky Will Be Prosecuted For His Crimes – El-Rufai by ElCapone(m): 10:05pm On Dec 20, 2015
[quote author=Rafidi post=41182840]Before elections, you visit him, shake him and bend down to him; after elections, attack him, shoot him, beat him, kill his followers, demolish his houses that you visited him in (and call the building illegal) and demolish worship place and then want to take him to court. let us see which court will find this sheikh guilty of any "crime". let us see if procession/protest and practicing beliefs different from the majority is a crime in any democracy that deserves killings and prosecution. or may be Mr. El Rufai will have to take the sheikh to a military court?

what crime has a man whose followers clashed with the army last year, and have 30 of his members and three sons killed committed?

what crime has a man whose followers blocked a highway and got shot by soldiers committed?

what crime has a man whose house was attacked, after the army chief's convoy had passed committed?

what crime has a man whose worship center was attacked, after the army chief's convoy had passed committed?

what crime has a man whose followers got shot in cold blood and extra judicially committed?

what crime has a man who was shot along with his wife and son committed?

what crime has a man whose deputy was shot committed?

i think if anyone deserved prosecution it is Mr. El Rufai himself. and will those who killed civilians go scot-free? will they be made to face justice?

Mr. El-Rufai should find ways to make reconciliation and beg the man for the sins committed against him, his family members and his followers. not take him to court. this is a democracy. you dont send soldiers to kill people in their backyard and get arrested by soldiers as if you are fighting terrorists or a foreign army. if El Rufai doesnt seek reconciliation and how to make peace with this man and his organization, the below handshake will be a divine curse upon El Rfufai and his family till eternity.

when 30 members of zakzzaky's movement and three of his sons were killed last year, el rufai did not call for zakzaky to be prosecuted. he instead described the Nigeria Army as "Jonathanian Genocidal Army". what has changed Mr. EL Rufai?

[img]http://4.bp..com/-U9yJcHK2Gwg/VnCA7SZDXlI/AAAAAAAHrcM/0vv9TqlC8Kc/s1600/0.jpg[/img]

[img]http://1.bp..com/-dAHPkGBiESw/VnCA7yR53eI/AAAAAAAHrcQ/Hxyfh4m1VYE/s1600/1.jpg[/img]You don't know what shiism portends. Just check their history out bro. Don't use this 1 incident to adjudge them. Just do a little research on them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: El-Zakzaky Will Be Prosecuted For His Crimes – El-Rufai by heavenlymandate: 10:07pm On Dec 20, 2015
politricks:
All i know is if anybody breaks the law, he should be punished for it no matter who he is.

My prayer is that may God give us total peace in the North, South, West and East in Jesus name
Re: El-Zakzaky Will Be Prosecuted For His Crimes – El-Rufai by repogirl(f): 10:08pm On Dec 20, 2015
lookingfly:
haba.....600ppl, where the dead bodies?
the news says 600, that the soldiers carried away plenty bodies.
Re: El-Zakzaky Will Be Prosecuted For His Crimes – El-Rufai by GANJAFARMER: 10:08pm On Dec 20, 2015
great664:

When 30 of his followers were killed That dwarf address army as jonathanian Genocidal army, today he is singing a different song, The road issue was just a cover up of Sunni Muslim against Shiites Muslim but they didn't plan it well, The first day was that they tried to assassinate Buratai, in the video they release show that they just block the road and nothing more, and Buhari won't release a press statement to condemn the killings backsides he is part of it. Condeming the killings will make him look weak to the Shiites and his silent means it serves them right and encourage army and Sunni Boko Haram to keep killing shia Muslims
Respect to you bro....

The world is watching Buhari....
Re: El-Zakzaky Will Be Prosecuted For His Crimes – El-Rufai by AmeLonRo(m): 10:11pm On Dec 20, 2015
ticker:
this is the same El zakzaky U went to meet in January this year to solicit his vote and that of his followers. this is too bad Mr. guvnor

Guy what are you saying? El Rufai said he will be tried by law? Fight dey there? If innocent=Free. Lets understand things well oo. Nigerian lawlessness sometimes make people think in reverse. Your boss gives you a query at work and you are crying and saying he hates you! If you are innocent its an opportunity to sell yourself more to your company, perhaps you are even overdue for a promotion. Face the panel and tell them.

A man was brought b4 a panel at work because his boss said he leaves early most times. When he got to the panel he told them he leaves at normal closing time and that the boss sells bread for the 1st 2 hours of work. A panel was set up for the boss to answer. The man was eventually left off the hook.

Its time Nigerians get it right please .

I believe El Rufai will not hurt the cleric.

1 Like

Re: El-Zakzaky Will Be Prosecuted For His Crimes – El-Rufai by mbulela: 10:14pm On Dec 20, 2015
The funny thing about this country is a lack of valid information.
You don't even know who to believe.
No wonder rumours and propaganda thrive in this clime.
Re: El-Zakzaky Will Be Prosecuted For His Crimes – El-Rufai by elbaraj001(m): 10:15pm On Dec 20, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
I am not aware of any 'crime' Sheikh Zakzaky has committed. Record shows that the FG, Military and Kaduna state government are the groups that have been committing attrocities against Sheikh Zakzaky and his group. I join the rest of the world to say...

[size=18pt]#Free Sheikh Zakzaky[/size]
Compound nonsense.....
Re: El-Zakzaky Will Be Prosecuted For His Crimes – El-Rufai by mu2sa2: 10:16pm On Dec 20, 2015
Politicians are set to unleashing boko haram 2 on the people.
Re: El-Zakzaky Will Be Prosecuted For His Crimes – El-Rufai by AmeLonRo(m): 10:17pm On Dec 20, 2015
gbengus17:
I ONLY BLAME THIS ON LACK OF AN ADVANCE PARTY BY THE CHIEF OF ARMY STAFF. AN ADVANCE PARTY WILL MOVE 2HRS TO COAS MOVEMAENT. CHECK THE PROPOSED ROUTE PLY THE ROUTE AND ADVICE FOR OR AGAINST. ALL GOVERNORS AND HEAD OF STATE ALL OVER THE WORLD HAS THIS. THIS ADVANCE PARTY WOULD HAVE ADVICED THE CHIEF OF ARMY STAFF AGAINST PLYING THAT ROUTE. AM A UNIFORM MAN

I think critically and logically! Do you have evidence that there was no advance party? What about if their are no alternative route? What about if when the advance party passed their was no blockade of road? I am a great thinker!
Re: El-Zakzaky Will Be Prosecuted For His Crimes – El-Rufai by Egie4real: 10:18pm On Dec 20, 2015
Nigeria will never cease to amaze me! You killed a group of people and you still want to prosecute their leader? El-rufai is beginning to sound like an illiterate. Maybe PMB should replay his inaugural speech and listen to what he attributed to the ruthlessness of the Boko Haram sect. Of how a small group of miscreants were manhandled and their leader given a jungle justice. That same set people have grown to the extent that Nigeria continuously features in world news for the wrong reason. Bet my words, if this trial is carried out, it will bred opposition force to Boko Haram and just as the world is trying to solve Syria's crisis, world powers might as well be preparing to give similar medicine to Nigeria! Come to think of there are alternative means I believe that the military would have employed in that scenario based on some videos online. These guys were armed with machetes but the army used barzocas on them! May God help Nigeria!
Re: El-Zakzaky Will Be Prosecuted For His Crimes – El-Rufai by abduljabbar4(m): 10:19pm On Dec 20, 2015
great664:

These useless lies you are spreading will not help you. I dont even think Boko haram has ever killed any shiite before rather majority of their attacks are aimed at the sunni muslims.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Minister Kemi Adeosun Spotted With Buhari Amid NYSC Certificate Forgery. Photos / Ned Nwoko, Regina Daniels Overwhelmed By Obidients In Delta State (Video) / President Buhari Begins Short Vacation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.