Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,900 members, 7,810,459 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:25 AM

Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? (18071 Views)

The Moment A Nigerian Mother Reunited With Her Children After 5 Years Apart / Woman's Before And After Divorce Photos / It Is Not Your Responsibility To Take Care Of Your Parents -Bisi Alimi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by agabaI23(m): 12:22pm On Jul 29, 2023
Emperormartin:

Wow! Fuel is selling at 140.

Pls I want to go back to Dec 2015
๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jul 29, 2023
gentle007:

Go find peace abeg.

I really feel for you. Do not let bitterness and hatred consume you.

So sorry for you o.

I was wondering if you are just a victim of circumstances but it turns out what happened to you or is happening to you was/is your fault.
Go seek โ˜ฎ๏ธ abeg.
Oga,leave me alone.

Obviously you are troublesome.even after I have let you be,you still quote me?

Go and deal with your finances and leave me . Were you complaining of car maintenance costing 25k? You have no car and you are contemplating Keke napep (probably no house or wife or kids or high paying job) yet you are pitying me for what you assume to be my plight?

Leave me and focus on your pitiful life.just so you know,I am doing better than you physically, financially, emotionally, spiritually. Okay. Rest
Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by Mosba: 12:25pm On Jul 29, 2023
Children are products of love and whatever happens to that love may have impact on its products.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by OKOATA(m): 12:26pm On Jul 29, 2023
timjones1:
Not fair to the kids sha. But you divorce someone, you fight for full custody for the kids, you start poisoning their minds about their father and then you also want him to sponsor your hate campaign against him? . You don't want him to have anything to do with his kids but you want him to keep funding you? Chest it fully sister.
Anyways.. I'll take care of kids even after my divorce. Worst case scenerio I'll foot their bills when it's their turn to stay with me. You Foot their bills when it's your turn. They are your kids too. You wanted custody too right??
Same thing just happened to me, funniest thing the judgement was passed behind my back. Ex been given the full custody and I have decided to pay only my daughter's school fees while her mom takes care of the rest. Thank God my daughter is now a bit matured even though she's 6yrs old she knows all that's going on.
Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by phemmyfour: 12:26pm On Jul 29, 2023
deeptesting:
It is no longer news to hear about couples going their separate ways today,immediately after separation or divorce most father`s cut off all ties with their ex including the children, it really beats my imagination why most men also divorce their children.

Most men quickly move into another relationship abandoning the children for the woman, they don`t call, visit or even write letters to the children. We have witnessed few cases here on Nairaland where the children now grown ups put up pictures of their fathers taken 30yrs ago in search of the man who gave birth to them..

Real men don't divorce their kids too.
It's difficult to monitor what your ex is doing with your money after divorce.
Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by gentle007(m): 12:30pm On Jul 29, 2023
CuriousStudent:

Oga,leave me alone.

Obviously you are troublesome.even after I have let you be,you still quote me?

Go and deal with your finances and leave me . Were you complaining of car maintenance costing 25k? You have no car and you are contemplating Keke napep (probably no house or wife or kids or high paying job) yet you are pitying me for what you assume to be my plight?

Leave me and focus on your pitiful life.just so you know,I am doing better than you physically, financially, emotionally, spiritually. Okay. Rest

Probably everything you said or assumed about me is correct.
Go find โ˜ฎ๏ธ abeg. Stop wishing and face reality. I never told you I was done replying you.
Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by owunabastard: 12:33pm On Jul 29, 2023
Moana:
they are million cases like that in the present world we are living in, what are you talking about?
I have also seen a mother that abandoned her three months child to her husband. it depends on the personality involved
Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by Blackdisciple(m): 12:40pm On Jul 29, 2023
Mostly the women want the custody of the children and at time deprive the husband from getting access to this kids, some men become angry and decide to stay away of which no matter what I will never stay away even if she will deprive me from seeing them I will continue to keep tabs on the kids I will not take such rubbish as a man, sometimes in what state the couples have been before divorce, and the women some of the end up lying the the kids that their dad don't care about them.

My thought tho
Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by tiswell(m): 12:52pm On Jul 29, 2023
NiceJenny:
Only useless men does that. Real men dnt
As a woman,you lackvthe capacity to determine a 'useless" man,since you aren't one.

And the word 'useless" is particular not general,which negates your usage of 'men" instead of 'a man".
Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by Kobojunkie: 12:54pm On Jul 29, 2023
Mosba:
Children are products of love and whatever happens to that love may have impact on its products.
This one lives right in the middle of lala land. Products of love indeed! undecided
Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by Sniper101(m): 1:00pm On Jul 29, 2023
It is merely a means of lending a hand in helping God to punish the woman grin
Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by Crafteck1: 1:01pm On Jul 29, 2023
In order to live long
Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by NOwazobia: 1:57pm On Jul 29, 2023
Donald7610:

Children care should be treated same
Not when both an irresponsible lady and an irresponsible guy decides to prostitute around.

Life choices have consequences.
Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by NOwazobia: 2:00pm On Jul 29, 2023
CuriousStudent:

So only when you are legally married you should take care of your kids?

If you will take my advice,kindly seek help.

My God,
Who did black man this thing na?
No wonder the whites assumed alot of us must be kept in a zoo to entertain them or we aren't fit to take on political positions. Shout and blame racism all you want but there is something inherently wrong with the black man thinking which is evidenced by your post

You must be igbo,they have the highest misogynistic traits. You can't take away suffering and marginalization from a region that oppresses women and children. Forcing women to drink their husbands corpse water, and neglecting kids because of family tree or fear of them sharing your properties and you were surprised when millions of your region died from starvation during the war?

You have not seen anything yet.

This is the dumbest post I have read since the beginning of this year.

No message, just assumption based on existing hate, with clear display of very low self esteem, and of course by a retard.
Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by Karlifate: 2:03pm On Jul 29, 2023
Newborn27:
If a thread of 8yrs old could make frontpage...
Definitely there's hope for me in life!

It's not over until it's over

Hallelujah!!!

LMAO! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jul 29, 2023
NOwazobia:
This is the dumbest post I have read since the beginning of this year.

No message, just assumption based on existing hate, with clear display of very low self esteem, and of course by a retard.
Okay,I am wrong for assuming.

But are you not more dumb for claiming that only amongst a married couple should a man be obliged to support his child(Ren) if they union goes south?

If you are less than 40 then there is still hope for you

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by blaise26abj(m): 2:12pm On Jul 29, 2023
saphiere:
Men are irresponsible by nature
God punish you and him IJN
Lol ๐Ÿ˜‚. What did I do now ? Ordinary question you are insulting me join your apparently irresponsible father .
Now I know the source of the frustrations . If you intend to marry , take it easy on your husband o. Pele
Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by nurudeen181(m): 2:14pm On Jul 29, 2023
avicky:

That's not true. I have seen a father who abandoned his son after separation. The wife wants him to be involved in the son's life but he wouldn't budge. School fees, feeding, health has been the responsibility of the struggling mother.
Look, so many irresponsible fathers out there. Two sane adults should not bring their kids into the fracas between them.
So I don't buy your assertion.
neither can i trust your own assertion... you see one, you dont even know whats going on deep inside.
Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by Tunagee(m): 2:19pm On Jul 29, 2023
WeirdAlien:

This is the commonest reason!

Women never want to leave the children back for the man to take care of, even when they're no longer babies or toddlers.
And most times when the children are with the woman, she denies the man access to his children. And the man's response is "if you want to have them all to yourself, take care of them all by yourself".

As simple as that

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by Jidefido(m): 2:29pm On Jul 29, 2023
You are very correct. My ex wife blocked me from seeing my son. I remember going to her mum's house to see him, i was prevented from seeing him. I stood under rain for over 1 hour. Or she would not him to school when I inform her I was going to see him. I had to use elders to appeal to her not to use our son to fight me. I recall her telling me she would use everything in her power to see I pay heavy child support every month. I pay his school fees and send money every month which is never enough. Its even funny when she says I need to pay for his accommodation. So dont blame men who leave out of frustration. I just decided not to allow her and just play along with her. Las las, myself and my son will align in future no matter how much she must have painted me black. I will advice children from broken homes to always seek their fathers and hear from them too. Not everything the mothers say are correct.

agabaI23:
No, it is because most times, the women don't want them to be part of the children's lives but they will want them to be financilly involved fully. I doubt there is a father that will abandon his children because he is divorced.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by Senator777: 2:37pm On Jul 29, 2023
Because they were already arranging an alternative when the rubbish called wife in the house was misbehaving.
Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by Patented: 2:39pm On Jul 29, 2023
deeptesting:
It is no longer news to hear about couples going their separate ways today,immediately after separation or divorce most father`s cut off all ties with their ex including the children, it really beats my imagination why most men also divorce their children.

Most men quickly move into another relationship abandoning the children for the woman, they don`t call, visit or even write letters to the children. We have witnessed few cases here on Nairaland where the children now grown ups put up pictures of their fathers taken 30yrs ago in search of the man who gave birth to them..

Because a lot of women weaponise the children .
Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by KIDfurniture(m): 3:03pm On Jul 29, 2023
Very funny post.. so men divorce their biological kids ? Lol na wa ooo

deeptesting:

Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by Backpedal: 3:16pm On Jul 29, 2023
agabaI23:
No, it is because most times, the women don't want them to be part of the children's lives but they will want them to be financilly involved fully. I doubt there is a father that will abandon his children because he is divorced.

100%

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by Pardon9ija: 3:22pm On Jul 29, 2023
Why devoice in the first place? Why g
going into marriage knowing you cannot endure the hideous
Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by Nweike1: 3:35pm On Jul 29, 2023
agabaI23:
1 million percent spot on

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by djon78(m): 3:40pm On Jul 29, 2023
blaise26abj:

Send money and donโ€™t visit or access the kids ? This is the reason why men abdicate their responsibilities. Yโ€™all think men are some emotionless , soulless beings and that is why there is so much evil perpetuated by divorced women . Men love their kids. We have a different way of showing that compared to women .

Unfortunately when a man has a new partner the attention is demanded by the new woman . Also once he has new kids , his child support payment will reduce . If the ex-wife is myopic and devilish , the man will just seek peace and just forget about the woman and pray for his kids . Once they are grown they can reconnect and hear the true reasons

Honestly having kids with someone and not married due to divorce or baby mama is very bad.

Thank God I never got such issue

Once kid come in
The man and woman should find ways to be in there children's Life

But it isn't easy and it carries so much pains and regrets

That's why if people know they can't really be together
They should avoid bringing children into their relationship

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by blaise26abj(m): 4:00pm On Jul 29, 2023
djon78:

Honestly having kids with someone and not married due to divorce or baby mama is very bad.

Thank God I never got such issue

Once kid come in
The man and woman should find ways to be in there children's Life

But it isn't easy and it carries so much pains and regrets

That's why if people know they can't really be together
They should avoid bringing children into their relationship

If not for the pressures of our society , people in marriage should wait at least 2 years before tying to have kids . It will be beneficial for all parties . Even the woman can remarry easily without the burden of having kids

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by iamtardey: 4:10pm On Jul 29, 2023
They are just terrible dads.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Absconds After Wifeโ€™s Scan Reveals Triplet / Is The Fight For Equality Ruining Marriages / Dangers And Errors Of Dating Among Minors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.