Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,584 members, 7,812,911 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:08 PM

Pls Advice Me,we Are Both Introverts - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Pls Advice Me,we Are Both Introverts (37664 Views)

30 Things Only Introverts Will Understand. / Does My Aunty Want Sex With Me ?pls Advice Me / 10 Reasons Why Introverts Are So Good At Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls Advice Me,we Are Both Introverts by femex12: 11:54pm On Dec 26, 2015
Ask him why and try help him out.
Re: Pls Advice Me,we Are Both Introverts by feran15(m): 12:02am On Dec 27, 2015
JudgementHammer:

I even used a better phrase. If u read abt them, they're referred to as geniuses with d full capacity to cope in any field if well encouraged. Michael jackson is one of them, don moen, ben carson etc. They even guess right by intuition the outcome of a task and u'll think they're prophets at d end of d task. Extroverts do better in politics and law or things dat just involve dominating physically.

your choice of words is poor just admit it.

also do more research on introversion and extroversion. wiki will help

also, dont just decide a persons personality trait without actual contact with them. TV and books can be misleading

2 Likes

Re: Pls Advice Me,we Are Both Introverts by Nobody: 12:04am On Dec 27, 2015
I could feel your pain because am a introvert though I have added 10% extrovert to my life style. There a time when I first started dating my ex girlfriend then she does not talk much and that makes me to be sad. I told her I would more happy she could be a bit talkative and she changed. Talk to your bf about what you are feeling I believe if he truly loves you he would change a bit. Both of you or he should try to be among people sometimes, I know it's not easy but give a try and it will help you. Going to viewing center to watch football matches help me alot because I started discussing with people little by little and that reduced my introvert level by 10%. I Know you guys will be doing fine.

1 Like

Re: Pls Advice Me,we Are Both Introverts by JudgementHammer: 12:05am On Dec 27, 2015
PushMusic:
Being an introvert is one.
Being outspoken and courageous is another.

I am an introvert but also voice out my opinion when the need arises without fear or favour.
You must be phleg-chlor
Re: Pls Advice Me,we Are Both Introverts by ayokunlei(m): 12:14am On Dec 27, 2015
aly123:
Hello Nlanders,i need your advice as am in a confused state of mind. I have a guy who loves me so much that I wonder if I could ever get such love from anybody else again and I also love him as well but the issue I have with this guy is that I am an introvert and he is also one. Prior to meeting him,i had always wanted a guy that is outspoken, bold nd courageous but on the contrary, my guy is a very shy person (more than I am), not bold, cant face a crowd which I also can't do which makes me wonder what happens if either of us is to do something of such in future amongst other things. Please I would like to know if introvert/introvert relationships work. Please matured minds or married ones here who has been in this situation should let me know how they dealt with it.
Cc : lalasticlala

geofavor can advice you
Re: Pls Advice Me,we Are Both Introverts by JudgementHammer: 12:14am On Dec 27, 2015
feran15:

your choice of words is poor just admit it.

also do more research on introversion and extroversion. wiki will help

also, dont just decide a persons personality trait without actual contact with them. TV and books can be misleading

And what makes u think wiki isn't misleading. How dear you tell me my word choice is poor. Do u knw how much I read? My words are born out of having a sound knowledge of what I defend. Oga I did psychology in sch and I read very wide.

U knw what? Ur vastness of knowledge is woeful than poor. U re too low as far as reading is concernrd to have an argument with
Re: Pls Advice Me,we Are Both Introverts by Pidggin(f): 12:14am On Dec 27, 2015
aly123:
Hello Nlanders,i need your advice as am in a confused state of mind. I have a guy who loves me so much that I wonder if I could ever get such love from anybody else again and I also love him as well but the issue I have with this guy is that I am an introvert and he is also one. Prior to meeting him,i had always wanted a guy that is outspoken, bold nd courageous but on the contrary, my guy is a very shy person (more than I am), not bold, cant face a crowd which I also can't do which makes me wonder what happens if either of us is to do something of such in future amongst other things. Please I would like to know if introvert/introvert relationships work. Please matured minds or married ones here who has been in this situation should let me know how they dealt with it.

Both of you can marry, but he has to learn to be more assertive. It can be learnt by reading good books and becoming more confident.
Re: Pls Advice Me,we Are Both Introverts by Purposebabe(f): 12:20am On Dec 27, 2015
Babe, am not married o but I know something that call TEMPERAMENT. Both of you are Mel-phleg. For real open your eyes wella o. It can be boring o.
Am not telling you to leave him or stick to him. Shine ya eyes wella.
Don't mind me, like sitting on the fence. I told you am not married. Lol
Re: Pls Advice Me,we Are Both Introverts by feran15(m): 12:20am On Dec 27, 2015
JudgementHammer:

And what makes u think wiki isn't misleading. How dear you tell me my word choice is poor. Do u knw how much I read? My words are born out of having a sound knowledge of what I defend. Oga I did psychology in sch and I read very wide.

U knw what? Ur vastness of knowledge is woeful than poor. U re too low as far as reading is concernrd to have an argument with

grin you read psychology, because of that i cannot have an arguement with you?. get off your stupid high horse.

i meant your choice of words in describing the brains of introverts, is poor. as a "psycologist" you should know what kind of effects your words can have on.people.

besides, you cant prove that the brain of a introvert is "more developed" than any other persons.
Re: Pls Advice Me,we Are Both Introverts by Nobody: 12:20am On Dec 27, 2015
aly123:
sister or whatever you called yourself!

You are not INLOVE with that guy and you don't seem to know what is love!

If you really love SOMONE! You won't be talking what you just wrote and puting your love on a personality or character you yourself seem not to understand.

I may classify you as a very young woman in her prime who is not thinking of her future right now untill when that time comes, that's when your head will come back to it senses.

THE TRUTH BITTER!

YOU WIILL FIND SOMEONE (EXTROVERT) WHO WILL BEAT THE HELL OUT OF YOU LIKE A POPS AND YOU WILL STILL FALL IN LOVE WITH THAT GUY WHO ALWAYS BEAT YOU AND MALTREAT YOU LIKE A PIECE OF SHIIT WHILE THE INTROVERT YOU ARE TRYING TO comdenm WILL FIND SOMEONE HUNDRED TIMES BETTER THAN YOU.

RUBBISH

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Advice Me,we Are Both Introverts by shumuel(m): 12:22am On Dec 27, 2015
aly123:

Yes, its not a bad compatibility match, if you ask me, but what do you want ? is the most important question to ask.

Lastly: all those married to extrovert, what have been their gain.

Intro or extro it all stands on how you handle stress, fights, the home, relative, financies, e.t.c and not how bold or how much he/she talks.

1 Like

Re: Pls Advice Me,we Are Both Introverts by JudgementHammer: 12:27am On Dec 27, 2015
feran15:

grin you read psychology, because of that i cannot have an arguement with you?. get off your stupid high horse.

i meant your choice of words in describing the brains of introverts, is poor. as a "psycologist" you should know what kind of effects your words can have on.people.

besides, you cant prove that the brain of a introvert is "more developed" than any other persons.

I already said I won't argue with u with ur open rotten teeth u sent to me. But lemme ask u a question

When u were born, were u thrown inside a lawma sanitation tank b4 someone luckily found u? Or how are u reasoning like a maternal waste product like this?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pls Advice Me,we Are Both Introverts by bigass123(m): 12:27am On Dec 27, 2015
Hey gurl, tell me the name of the spirit you took or is some kindda weird combo.
I know this isn't palm wine, I know palm wine symptoms grin

Oliviaarims:
Two introverts dating...

Woman: Life has become meaningless. Nothing seems to be working. No money, no friends, no family. What's the point in living?

Man: Yea, life is meaningless. Let's die.

Woman: Nice idea, I think we should just die.

Hey, y'all should stop quoting me. I'm allowed to have fun. I haven't made any assertion, neither did I mention names. Defendants of the Universe! Lol.
Re: Pls Advice Me,we Are Both Introverts by Nobody: 12:30am On Dec 27, 2015
Oliviaarims:
Two introverts dating...

Woman: Life has become meaningless. Nothing seems to be working. No money, no friends, no family. What's the point in living?

Hey, y'all should stop quoting me. I'm allowed to have fun. I haven't made any assertion, neither did I mention names. Defendants of the Universe! Lol.
untill when you start REAPING what you sow! that's when you will realize how you are STVPID from the very beginning!

WOMEN with empty vessel or rather, vessel fill with junk and RUBBISH!

1 Like

Re: Pls Advice Me,we Are Both Introverts by JudgementHammer: 12:39am On Dec 27, 2015
feran15:

Swamp reptile. That's what ur wiki in just a finger browse has to say about d mel intro. Go and tell other wiki ignoramus like u to find out more

1 Like

Re: Pls Advice Me,we Are Both Introverts by assana: 12:39am On Dec 27, 2015
winkcheck my profile
Re: Pls Advice Me,we Are Both Introverts by feran15(m): 12:42am On Dec 27, 2015
JudgementHammer:

I already said I won't argue with u with ur open rotten teeth u sent to me. But lemme ask u a question

When u were born, were u thrown inside a lawma sanitation tank b4 someone luckily found u? Or how are u reasoning like a maternal waste product like this?

nawa. somebody cannot disagree with you again without unintelligent insults. God help us

and no.. lawma didn't exist when i was born.
Re: Pls Advice Me,we Are Both Introverts by Jesuspistol(m): 12:42am On Dec 27, 2015
JudgementHammer:

shocked
Re: Pls Advice Me,we Are Both Introverts by feran15(m): 12:44am On Dec 27, 2015
JudgementHammer:

Swamp reptile. That's what ur wiki in just a finger browse has to say about d mel intro. Go and tell other wiki agnoramus like u to find out more

bring direct link. i can't read half a page
Re: Pls Advice Me,we Are Both Introverts by 1boyl1kevhis(m): 12:53am On Dec 27, 2015
Oliviaarims:
Two introverts dating...

This sounds perfect for a Family Guy Interlude. With their moony faces and all.
Re: Pls Advice Me,we Are Both Introverts by 1boyl1kevhis(m): 12:56am On Dec 27, 2015
It's funny how y'all misappropriate Mere reticence for introversion.
Or Worse, Autism.
Re: Pls Advice Me,we Are Both Introverts by feran15(m): 12:59am On Dec 27, 2015
JudgementHammer:

Swamp reptile. That's what ur wiki in just a finger browse has to say about d mel intro. Go and tell other wiki ignoramus like u to find out more
Artistic genius is as highly temperamental as it is supremely intelligent. But it does not display any characteristics that are usually implied under "artistic temperament." Genius is not cranky, fussy, sentimental, gushing, soft, careless, eccentric in manners and dress, irresponsible, supercilious, mocking, aggressive, or blasé. These are invariably the signs of the amateurs, dilettantes, pretenders, and poseurs.
As Mr. Roger Fry writes, "Most people lead dull, monotonous and conventional lives with inadequate satisfaction of their libido, and one of their favorite phantoms is that of the Bohemian-the gay, reckless, devil-may-care fellow who is always kicking over the traces and yet gets toleration and even consideration from the world by reason of a purely magic gift called genius. Now this creature is not altogether a myth--he or something like him does undoubtedly exist--he frequently practices art, but he is generally a second-rate artist. He may even be a very brilliant and successful one, but he is none the less a very minor artist. On the other hand, almost all the artists who have done anything approaching first-rate work have been thoroughly bourgeois people--leading quiet, unostentatious lives, indifferent to the world's praise or blame, and far too much interested in their jobs to spend their time in kicking over the traces."
There is nothing arbitrary or artificial in temperament any more than in intelligence. Temperament is the affective, emotional background of experience. It not only gives experience its color as pleasant or unpleasant, to be accepted or repulsed, but is the very motive power of action, the energy that drives the organism to react to the environment. An emotionless organism would be a completely inactive one, dead. Emotion is, in fact, what differentiates the living from the non-living. The mark of a non-living body is that all its movements are initiated and controlled by external forces acting upon it.

this is from the second screenshot and says nothing about how or why introverts have more developed brains. it's doesn't even mention introversion. all it was talking about was artistic genius

1 Like

Re: Pls Advice Me,we Are Both Introverts by theokalu7(m): 1:04am On Dec 27, 2015
aly123:
we are much more than these when we are together, I luv 'us' but d problem is the way we are to other people. I mean being shy

U dnt hav a problem if it's towards odas, my case is like urs. I'm mel-phleg and she's phleg-mel... Jst be natural people will understand you if you won't try to be them.
Re: Pls Advice Me,we Are Both Introverts by feran15(m): 1:07am On Dec 27, 2015
JudgementHammer:

your first link is baseless with no scientific proof or.papers to back up his claims. please dont just drop insults and runaway
Re: Pls Advice Me,we Are Both Introverts by MichaelChaplain: 1:26am On Dec 27, 2015
cryI miss Lasisi69

2 Likes

Re: Pls Advice Me,we Are Both Introverts by G8Arthur(m): 1:31am On Dec 27, 2015
Stick to ur guy he will soon come around. When he has more money, he will be more outspoken. Trust me he may just be having d inferiority complex tin for now.
Re: Pls Advice Me,we Are Both Introverts by bid4rich(m): 2:21am On Dec 27, 2015
Your case is not special, there are many relationship/marriage like that, that have worked. You can work it if you want it to.

I can tell you categorically that I am an introvert too but I overcame it when I took a job of instructor where I will have to face crowd teaching leadership. It was then I noticed it can be done.

The most important thing is LOVE, I mean unconditional. Let the more stronger one help the other. Once that one is settled, two of you are better of.
Re: Pls Advice Me,we Are Both Introverts by Acidosis(m): 2:57am On Dec 27, 2015
You can't change the fact that your man is an introvert, but he can build his confidence.

I'm an introvert but I can express myself anywhere and everywhere. The only difference is that unlike an extrovert, I don't blab anyhow in the public.

I also doubt the fact that your guy cannot face a crowd. Please how did you both defended your seminar/project in school?

Everybody at some points entertain this fear/tension when asked to face a crowd, it's not uncommon with extroverts as well.

On how I overcame that fear, I joined a very active unit in church years back in school, I take bible readings, led prayers (hot prayers), and also, I joined a choir.

Just identify your niche and preferences and build on it. Do not try to be what you don't like all in the effort to please or wow some irrelevant people in your lives. For instance, I won't because of some babes dance in a club all in name of trying to be extroverted. I'm not a club or owanbe person, I will never engage in a stuff I don't like. Whoever is not okay with that would have to look elsewhere or get himself a Davido or Wizkid.

Personally, I feel a relationship of two introverts is better of than a loud extrovert-timid introvert relationship. What I find strange however is the common shyness and timidness you both share. Please work on that area, you can overcome this comfortably. I think money/job/business has a way of building ones confidence though, I'm not "omo-baba olowo" but I've been able to confirm this over the years.
Re: Pls Advice Me,we Are Both Introverts by golddeejay(m): 3:33am On Dec 27, 2015
Op and some commentators are just mixing things up.

Being an introvert doesn't neccesarily mean dat individual is shy. Been an introvert myself, I have come across some great introverts that are good talkers - they don't say much but their few words always have weight and meaning. Having fun in a relationship is not abt talking all day, some introverts know how to have fun and introverts are even more romantic, sensitive and creative in a relationship. So op, address the real issue which is 'ur patner is shy' and not his temperament.

Also if u are thinking abt changing his temperament, it is more like u r trying to change his genotype. U can push him to become an extrovert for a while and dat means u r telling him to live a fake life, besides he will most likely go back to his default settings in no time.

Once again, tackle d real issue which is his shyness and sit down together to plan how to spice up ur relationship. Been an extrovert does not guarantee a nice relationship infact some extroverts can bore u out of a relationship in a week of starting it with irritating talks.

PS: a good number of great talkers and geniuses that we read their speeches and reference today are introverts.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Advice Me,we Are Both Introverts by holysaint1(m): 3:49am On Dec 27, 2015
PushMusic:
Being an introvert is one.
Being outspoken and courageous is another.

I am an introvert but also voice out my opinion when the need arises without fear or favour.

then u re an ambivert... And not an introvert.
Re: Pls Advice Me,we Are Both Introverts by princealexndre(m): 3:50am On Dec 27, 2015
IamDejman:
You can marry but expect a boring marriage
random animal.....d marriage is going to be cool
Re: Pls Advice Me,we Are Both Introverts by Classicman47(m): 3:55am On Dec 27, 2015
Oliviaarims:
Two introverts dating...

Hey smartass. Its called INTROVERSION not PESSIMISM or DEPRESSION.
Well I guess u are not that smart after all, to know the difference.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

She Is Pregnant For Me But I Am Not Ready / 10 Gifts To Get For Your Man This Valentine Season! / This Brazilian Town Entirely Made Up Of Single Women Searching For Husbands

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.