Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,676 members, 7,820,374 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

IGBOS And The South South Minorities. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IGBOS And The South South Minorities. (9618 Views)

Igbos, South South Minorities Are NOT Partaking In Your Sit-at-home. / The Main Reason Igbos Want South South Minorities In Biafra / The Main Reason Igbos Want South South Minorities In Biafra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IGBOS And The South South Minorities. by DerideGull(m): 7:18pm On Dec 27, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
Udmaster, thank you for this thread. I have said it many times that Igbo nation should be separated from Nnamdi Kanu's IPOB. Just imagine the silly speech about wrappers. Imagine Kanu asking his followers to rise up and attack Pastor Kumuyi and kill Yorubas! Is that how he intends to get Biafra? What has a man of God got to do with his agitation?

I believe we Igbos can get a lot of what we want if we play our cards right in Nigeria but the reason why I get involved in all this Biafra talk is incase Nigeria eventually breaks up.

The Igbos will not force any tribe to be part of us but will accept any tribes that choose to be with us. All I am trying to point out is that Igboland is much bigger than the SE as defined by Nigeria, Igboland spreads into Delta & Rivers states. If Nigeria breaks we will take all our lands with us. The rest of the "We SS" people like tonyebarcanista and his likes can then form their ND republic. Thank God ijawcitizen has recognised this fact.

Another thing fundamentally wrong with Nnamdi Kanu's approach is that he did not make wide spread consultations, you cannot just sit down in UK, draw any map you like and begin to circulate as Biafra, this is the reason why these minorities are calling us expantionists.
Consultation is key in this very critical issues. For instance if there happens to be any sort of agreement between the Igbos and the SS people to form any country the name cannot be Biafra, the name would be agreed by negotiations. Secondly we can go for a rgional system of government whereby we have two regions i.e. SE & SS. Each region would control it's resources and pay 20% to the center to fund a united formidable military. We can have a president and prime minister such that ifsay the SE produces the president, the SS would produce prime minister and vice versa.

This way, a society built on fairness and justice can be formed. This issue calls for a lot of mental work and not someone asking people to start killing their neighbours from one radio Biafra. As for the true size of Igboland, Cheruv has the map.

The bolded is arrant nonsense. Nobody is a man of God. If you meant man of "god", it is debatable. I do not have time for all other craps in the above post. There is no policy that originates through consultation. Policies usually originate from a person and bought by many people. Only a dunce will allow detractors to derail a well thought out approach. Those who do not agree can either stay on the sideline or form clique of saboteurs as usual. However, he who is stung by a bee takes note of housefly.

1 Like

Re: IGBOS And The South South Minorities. by uckennety(m): 7:25pm On Dec 27, 2015
spanishkid:
no one will touch my state and my region cos 40% of SS is of Edo origin.
Will r taking thee 60% go n join benin pls
Re: IGBOS And The South South Minorities. by DerideGull(m): 7:25pm On Dec 27, 2015
Udmaster:
Nice Comment.. Uniting the Igbo with their kith and kin in SS and NC should be the main aim now.
And it is the duty of Ohanaeze Ndi Igbo to do that.

The cultural affinity between Ndiigbo in five states of Nigeria and in other states is not a job. Ohanaeze is not a political entity and certainly not a nation builder. Therefore the route channeled by IPOB, MASSOB and Nnamdi Kanu is right approach for an independent nation. Anybody who passes as an Igbo must watch his/her utterances in the public with respect to independent state.

2 Likes

Re: IGBOS And The South South Minorities. by kayfra: 7:47pm On Dec 27, 2015
DerideGull:

Did 1999 Nigerian constitution make provisions for self-determination?
We don't have anything like that in our Constitution hence the need to fight for one through a political process or warfare.
Re: IGBOS And The South South Minorities. by cheruv: 7:51pm On Dec 27, 2015
kayfra:
Stop shifting the goal post. You asked for a list and I gave you one.
Enyi I jighi okwu! undecided

1 Like

Re: IGBOS And The South South Minorities. by cheruv: 8:03pm On Dec 27, 2015
ALISMILE:
then why re u using biafrag to speak for all in d SE and parts of SS? SS do not want biafra! But we want ND republic!
O kwuge maka alaIgbo niile....

Onye gwara gi na ufodu ndi SS achoghi Biāfra I juola Mmoηo, Ogoni na Oyono? undecided ka o bu I noro gi naekwugheri? angry

Mgbe ufo naeji akonuche eme ihe...ndi Anioma na ndi Igbo Rivers agwabeghi gi na ha achoghi Biāfra angry

1 Like

Re: IGBOS And The South South Minorities. by ALISMILE(m): 8:06pm On Dec 27, 2015
cheruv:

O kwuge maka alaIgbo niile....

Onye gwara gi na ufodu ndi SS achoghi Biāfra I juola Mmoηo, Ogoni na Oyono? undecided ka o bu I noro gi naekwugheri? angry

Mgbe ufo naeji akonuche eme ihe...ndi Anioma na ndi Igbo Rivers agwabeghi gi na ha achoghi Biāfra angry
thank u sir!
Re: IGBOS And The South South Minorities. by Enahi(f): 8:09pm On Dec 27, 2015
DerideGull:

Arrant nonsense!!! It appears that historical facts are of no use to certain ninnies.

Please what historical facts are you reffering to?
We all know our history I doubt if you know yours.

40% of South-Southerners has their origin linked to the Benin empire, excerpt you are from a different planet and don't know nothing about the Benin Empire.

Stop twisting history and trying to claim what you are not because of your huge population. You all look like opportunist when you do that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IGBOS And The South South Minorities. by cheruv: 8:10pm On Dec 27, 2015
MrAnalyst:

Igbo gi mara mma. Mu n'onwe m achodi ijo n'ala biafra. I ne anya ofuma ifu n'ofa bu ndi ilo na dachia azu n'ije biafra nke a. Achodim ndia cha cha. Oburu n'anyi ga enwetawun biafra bu so alaigbo,ogadim mma
Ebe a I gbadoro ukwu kam gbadokwara ukwu kem...ihnye gaeme ndi Ijo na afo nābia abia gādi egwu,ya mere o gaghi adi mma ndi Igbo na ha ino na otu obodo undecided
Biāfra by soso alaIgbo kam kwadoro! cool
Re: IGBOS And The South South Minorities. by cheruv: 8:19pm On Dec 27, 2015
DerideGull:

The cultural affinity between Ndiigbo in five states of Nigeria and in other states is not a job. Ohanaeze is not a political entity and certainly not a nation builder. Therefore the route channeled by IPOB, MASSOB and Nnamdi Kanu is right approach for an independent nation. Anybody who passes as an Igbo must watch his/her utterances in the public with respect to independent state.
Gbam!!!
Amaghim ihe mere ha puta n'oha ha naekwugheri undecided

2 Likes

Re: IGBOS And The South South Minorities. by Enahi(f): 8:24pm On Dec 27, 2015
@op I am in support of Ipob but they are going about this in the wrong way.

One thing is for sure Nigeria is a multi cultural State and Ipob can't wake up and claim terrtories.

Ipob should forget about including other states not located in the East to Biafra it won't work.

Nigerians are scattered all over Nigeria same with the i gbos, with the East being their home I think it will surely make a lot of sense if they focus on the East.

The i gbos can still keep their representatives in all states in Nigeria and have a unified body to represent them.

1 Like

Re: IGBOS And The South South Minorities. by Nobody: 8:44pm On Dec 27, 2015
DerideGull:

The bolded is arrant nonsense. Nobody is a man of God. If you meant man of "god", it is debatable. I do not have time for all other craps in the above post. There is no policy that originates through consultation. Policies usually originate from a person and bought by many people. Only a dunce will allow detractors to derail a well thought out approach. Those who do not agree can either stay on the sideline or form clique of saboteurs as usual. However, he who is stung by a bee takes note of housefly.

you see the way most of you reason.. you draw a map without consulting the said people, all u could say is we dont have say... oya come carry my land make i see na... Rabbish

The position of SS non igbo minorities have already been made known.. no need arguing with anybody on this..

As for the op u av a wrong misconception about ijaw , how do you know igbo wont have a bloc in SS ? ..

2 Likes

Re: IGBOS And The South South Minorities. by Udmaster(m): 8:48pm On Dec 27, 2015
Goodboiyy:

you see the way most of you reason.. you draw a map without consulting the said people, all u could say is we dont have say... oya come carry my land make i see na... Rabbish

The position of SS non igbo minorities have already been made known.. no need arguing with anybody on this..

As for the op u av a wrong misconception about ijaw , how do you know igbo wont have a bloc in SS ? ..
No One is touching ur itsekiri land.
IPOB does not speak for IGBOS, they are on their own.
Some Igbos in the S.E do not know who the itsekiri are or what they look like.
-- Ijaws can NEVER vote for an IGBO PRESIDENT.
Thats a raw fact.
Re: IGBOS And The South South Minorities. by MrAnalyst: 8:49pm On Dec 27, 2015
cheruv:

Ebe a I gbadoro ukwu kam gbadokwara ukwu kem...ihnye gaeme ndi Ijo na afo nābia abia gādi egwu,ya mere o gaghi adi mma ndi Igbo na ha ino na otu obodo undecided
Biāfra by soso alaIgbo kam kwadoro! cool

Kedukwa nu ihe anyi ga-eme? Ahotarom udi mmadu buhari bu di abu,o n'eche ka aha da tupu oge anyi nti. Ngwanu,k'anyi nene anya!
Re: IGBOS And The South South Minorities. by Nobody: 8:50pm On Dec 27, 2015
Enahi:

Please what historical facts are you reffering to?
We all know our history I doubt if you know yours.

40% of South-Southerners has their origin linked to the Benin empire, excerpt you are from a different planet and don't know nothing about the Benin Empire.

Stop twisting history and trying to claim what you are not because of your huge population. You all look like opportunist when you do that.

that's my problem with them.. trying to tell us were we belong even wen we know our origin . i wonder y they think there opinion is best y others opinion re trash.

60-65% of SSners re Related to Edo.. no matter wat they say they cant separate us from our Edo brothers..
Re: IGBOS And The South South Minorities. by Nobody: 8:55pm On Dec 27, 2015
Udmaster:
No One is touching ur itsekiri land.
IPOB does not speak for IGBOS, they are on their own.
Some Igbos in the S.E do not know who the itsekiri are or what they look like.
-- Ijaws can NEVER vote for an IGBO PRESIDENT.
Thats a raw fact.

was pointing to something.. don't av to argue every sin.gle time.. leave itsekiri out of our discussion.

back to the issue on ground.. how do u know ijaw wont vote an Igbo man ?.. you should learn to separate politics from ethnic / boundary stuff..
Re: IGBOS And The South South Minorities. by Udmaster(m): 9:00pm On Dec 27, 2015
Goodboiyy:

was pointing to something.. don't av to argue every sin.gle time.. leave itsekiri out of our discussion.

back to the issue on ground.. how do u know ijaw wont vote an Igbo man ?.. you should learn to separate politics from ethnic / boundary stuff..
thats their business.. Next time learn how to seperate the name IGBO from IPOB.
If they include ur people in their map, then attack and rant at Nnamdi Kanu/IPOB and don't mention IGBO.
Re: IGBOS And The South South Minorities. by Udmaster(m): 9:08pm On Dec 27, 2015
Some Igbos are now scarce on nairaland.
Re: IGBOS And The South South Minorities. by cheruv: 9:15pm On Dec 27, 2015
MrAnalyst:

Kedukwa nu ihe anyi ga-eme? Ahotarom udi mmadu buhari bu di abu,o n'eche ka aha da tupu oge anyi nti. Ngwanu,k'anyi nene anya!
Ihe anyi bu ihapu inaekwugide ndi IPOB..ka o dika anyi o donyere ha aka n'ukwu.mgbe o lere anya hu na o dika ndi Igbo niile kwadoro ndi ntorōbia naetimkpu Biāfra, o gāhazzi onwe ya grin
Ihe a bu ihnyem nāgwa ndi Igbo kwenyere n'otu Naijiria...mana n'echiche iberibe ha o dika "political correctness" ka mma cry
Juo onwe gi...ebe ndi olileanyānwu(North) naijiria nwere ike iji boko haram wete ihe ha choga,ndi odidānyānwu(West) naijiria ejiri ihe abiola wete nke ha,o bu ihe ojo ma anyi jiri akuko Biāfra wete nke anyi

1 Like

Re: IGBOS And The South South Minorities. by Amberon: 9:33pm On Dec 27, 2015
bless you. the binis are our brothers and we ain't leaving without them. The igbos accuse the Hausa/Yoruba/Fulani of using divide and rule tactics on the SE/SS forgetting that they're the ones trying to separate from our Bini brothers with their Biafra.
spanishkid:
no one will touch my state and my region cos 40% of SS is of Edo origin.

2 Likes

Re: IGBOS And The South South Minorities. by BiafranAvatar(m): 9:51pm On Dec 27, 2015
Udmaster:
its like you lack home training.
Ohanaeze Ndi IGBO and Majority of IGBOS DO NOT support Nnamdi Kanu and his E-warriors.

You keeps talking without making any sense!!!

1 Like

Re: IGBOS And The South South Minorities. by MrAnalyst: 9:51pm On Dec 27, 2015
cheruv:

Ihe anyi bu ihapu inaekwugide ndi IPOB..ka o dika anyi o donyere ha aka n'ukwu.mgbe o lere anya hu na o dika ndi Igbo niile kwadoro ndi ntorōbia naetimkpu Biāfra, o gāhazzi onwe ya grin
Ihe a bu ihnyem nāgwa ndi Igbo kwenyere n'otu Naijiria...mana n'echiche iberibe ha o dika "political correctness" ka mma cry
Juo onwe gi...ebe ndi olileanyānwu(North) naijiria nwere ike iji boko haram wete ihe ha choga,ndi odidānyānwu(West) naijiria ejiri ihe abiola wete nke ha,o bu ihe ojo ma anyi jiri akuko Biāfra wete nke anyi

Oburo kwa ajo ihe. Mana ôlukwa na nke onye Igbo-okwu adaghalia.
Re: IGBOS And The South South Minorities. by BiafranAvatar(m): 9:53pm On Dec 27, 2015
Udmaster:
No War No Referendum.
If you want a referendum, tell Nnamdi kanu to go and prepare for war.
And count Abia State out of your E-military strategy.
You think war is fough Knockout.

Better leave the issue before you develops a phobia of Biafra

1 Like

Re: IGBOS And The South South Minorities. by BiafranAvatar(m): 9:56pm On Dec 27, 2015
Udmaster:
and who will lose between Igbos and Federal force in terms of Investments and Lives if ur Nnamdi Kanu cause another war?
Do u know how many investments Igbos have outside S.E?
- Are the Igbos ready to wedge another war?
- Which tribe will be the ally of Igbos in wedging war against Federal army? Is it the ijaws or urhobos etc?
What is wrong with u Igbos?

Ask bihari... Nigeria can't stand war!!!
Re: IGBOS And The South South Minorities. by BiafranAvatar(m): 9:57pm On Dec 27, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

If you are smart you'd have understood my position on this. Let me be clear, any united front without established agreement is a No-NO. Also, the IPOb agitation is no different from that of Ojukwu in 1967. You can't say because I support the prospect of a united frontas such you will use it as a tool to hoodwink me to do your bidding. We are smarter than that.

Pls read this in quote....

And the unity you're living for in Nigeria is mutual and based on agreement sha
Re: IGBOS And The South South Minorities. by cheruv: 10:01pm On Dec 27, 2015
Goodboiyy:

that's my problem with them.. trying to tell us were we belong even wen we know our origin . i wonder y they think there opinion is best y others opinion re trash.

60-65% of SSners re Related to Edo.. no matter wat they say they cant separate us from our Edo brothers..
Ancestors(Eri,Arodi and Areli) of the Igbo left Kemei(Egypt) in 1605BC,shortly before the rise of 18th dynasty and at least 150years before the Exodus. When we came here we met the First men and merged with them...
Since then we've existed on this land for the past 3600 years without waging wars of conquest and subduing neighboring nations...we're far older than even Idu and some sources say that Idu(Edo) migrated from Igbo.
In present SS, the only Edo groups I know outside Edo state are the urhobo/isoko and the itsekri..and that's highest 20% of SS. Anioma and Igboid Rivers aren't Edo, Ijo from my sources aren't Edo too...the Mmoηo and the Oyono don't even givva damn about whether Edo exist talkless of being Edo.
In as much we respect the great Edo nation, Igbos won't tolerate a situation where futile claims are made on Anioma and Igboid Rivers on the basis of some phantom Benin empire migration stories...after all the said migrants viz akaluka and ezechime bore Igbo names.

1 Like

Re: IGBOS And The South South Minorities. by cheruv: 10:10pm On Dec 27, 2015
MrAnalyst:

Oburo kwa ajo ihe. Mana ôlukwa na nke onye Igbo-okwu adaghalia.
I hulanu ya..
Ya merem ji nākwado ndi naegiri maka Biāfra,nihi na abamuru gaesi na ya puta buru ibu. Onye ajuru aju anaghi aju onwe ya.Naijiria ajula anyi...onye Igbo nke a edoghi anya nāghogbu onwe ya.
Abughim onye IPOB,mana ha bu nāni ndi putara igbanwe onodu Igbo no n'ime ya.

1 Like

Re: IGBOS And The South South Minorities. by omonnakoda: 10:10pm On Dec 27, 2015
Eboes won't tolerate...? Hahaha.

Some folk are puffed up with overfermented akpu.

When the time comes and you stop talking and start acting we will know you are serious for now your talk is just impotent hot air

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Armed Forces Remembrance Day: Sanwo-olu Lays Wreath To Honor Fallen Heroes / Kill Me For Annulling June 12 Presidential Election -IBB / Boko-Haram Cannot Islamize Nigeria - Borno Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.