Stats: 3,151,138 members, 7,811,198 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:21 AM

The Naira Watch (TNW) -> Strictly Monitoring Naira Exchange Rates - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Naira Watch (TNW) -> Strictly Monitoring Naira Exchange Rates (88988 Views)

NAIRA WATCH: Panic Grips Forex Dealers As Naira Rises To N385/$ / Naira Watch: Naira Appreciates To N420/$ / Naira Exchange Rates Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Naira Watch (TNW) -> Strictly Monitoring Naira Exchange Rates by miqos02(m): 9:04pm On Jan 01, 2016
pretts:
Please do you know if one's allowed to spend the $1000 monthly limit at once or you hve to spend it in bits?
gt bank is $150 daily max, stanbic is $350
Re: The Naira Watch (TNW) -> Strictly Monitoring Naira Exchange Rates by yemi2plus(m): 9:07pm On Jan 01, 2016
pretts:
Please do you know if one's allowed to spend the $1000 monthly limit at once or you hve to spend it in bits?

Yes, you can.
Re: The Naira Watch (TNW) -> Strictly Monitoring Naira Exchange Rates by U1(m): 10:15pm On Jan 01, 2016
Agbasco:

they are all thieves bro...

i paid for plagiarism premium check with copyscape..a transaction of $5 and first bank charged me N1,365..that's N273 per dollar.

and when i used my payoneer to withdraw on skybank ATM the same yesterday, they bought from me at N197

Nigeria is messed up

If that's the final rate you got, I'd say that's a steal. I know that might sound disappointing. It pains me so much to say that the highest I ever got has been more than N10 lower than that rate. My latest withdrawal was done just 30th Dec.

tranxo:
Bro always leave some money in your Payoneer and use it for all online purchases.

Interesting. Would you believe I have recently started thinking about using my Payoneer card virtually exclusively for purchases?

Re: The Naira Watch (TNW) -> Strictly Monitoring Naira Exchange Rates by tugrow(m): 10:28pm On Jan 01, 2016
richard04:
I have some paypal(usd) I want to xchange for naira, anyone interested contact me.
what is your exchange rate
Re: The Naira Watch (TNW) -> Strictly Monitoring Naira Exchange Rates by tranxo(m): 10:29pm On Jan 01, 2016
U1:

If that's the final rate you got, I'd say that's a steal. I know that might sound disappointing. It pains me so much to say that the highest I ever got has been more than N10 lower than that rate. My latest withdrawal was done just 30th Dec.

Interesting. Would you believe I have recently started thinking about using my Payoneer card virtually exclusively for purchases?
That's what I've been doing for a while now

Re: The Naira Watch (TNW) -> Strictly Monitoring Naira Exchange Rates by 989900: 6:58am On Jan 02, 2016
So, I was able to use my GT Naira master card for POS transaction @ some 'only God knows' rate.

So what is the deal? No foreign ATM cash withdrawal at all, or limited ATM foreign cash withdrawal?

What are each bank's respective daily/monthly limits for cash withdrawal and POS/online spend?

P.S. If only all these restrictions would at least make sure we get the dollar at, at the least, CBN rate, or say N205 to a dollar; so far, it's still rape and murder with the CBN as an alibi/accomplice more or less.
Re: The Naira Watch (TNW) -> Strictly Monitoring Naira Exchange Rates by 989900: 7:32am On Jan 02, 2016
Who knows the current rate and limit for Skye bank, and Jaiz bank?
Re: The Naira Watch (TNW) -> Strictly Monitoring Naira Exchange Rates by NKGauteng: 10:18am On Jan 02, 2016
Agbasco:

they are all thieves bro...

i paid for plagiarism premium check with copyscape..a transaction of $5 and first bank charged me N1,365..that's N273 per dollar.

and when i used my payoneer to withdraw on skybank ATM the same yesterday, they bought from me at N197

Nigeria is messed up

The same bloody Skye Bank that has been charging N285 per dollar since before Christmas! Armed robbers! Today i was charged N280 per dollar. I guess they decided to "bring it down". Stay away from Skye Bank as much as u can. On top of their paltry $100 per day restriction.
Re: The Naira Watch (TNW) -> Strictly Monitoring Naira Exchange Rates by NKGauteng: 10:21am On Jan 02, 2016
989900:
Who knows the current rate and limit for Skye bank, and Jaiz bank?

Skye Bank is maximum $100 per day and $1000 per month. Current rate is N280/ $1

Re: The Naira Watch (TNW) -> Strictly Monitoring Naira Exchange Rates by Pavore9: 10:25am On Jan 02, 2016
NKGauteng:

The same bloody Skye Bank that has been charging N285 per dollar since before Christmas! Armed robbers! Today i was charged N280 per dollar. I guess they decided to "bring it down". Stay away from Skye Bank as much as u can. On top of their paltry $100 per day restriction.

Why not have a dom account and have a way of getting inflows into it from outside and pay the sender an agreed exchange rate in Naira to someone he/she appoints. I believe it will be lower than the N280 per dollar Skye is charging you though l know it is not easy getting a sender.
Re: The Naira Watch (TNW) -> Strictly Monitoring Naira Exchange Rates by NKGauteng: 10:30am On Jan 02, 2016
Pavore9:

Why not have a dom account and have a way of getting inflows into it from outside and pay the sender an agreed exchange rate in Naira to someone he/she appoints. I believe it will be lower than the N280 per dollar Skye is charging you though l know it is not easy getting a sender.

That's the issue o. I don't know anyone abroad to do these transactions with. I also have a dom account with them but no means of funding it. Can you believe I got someone in the US who wanted to send me dollars, when I asked for the exchange rate the hungry eediot said 271/ $. Even Nigerians abroad are exploiting the situation to exchange dollars.
Re: The Naira Watch (TNW) -> Strictly Monitoring Naira Exchange Rates by Pavore9: 10:34am On Jan 02, 2016
NKGauteng:

That's the issue o. I don't know anyone abroad to do these transactions with. I also have a dom account with them but no means of funding it. Can you believe I got someone in the US who wanted to send me dollars, when I asked for the exchange rate the hungry eediot said 271/ $. Even Nigerians abroad are exploiting the situation to exchange dollars.

What exchange rate will be convenient for you?
Re: The Naira Watch (TNW) -> Strictly Monitoring Naira Exchange Rates by ifax(f): 7:32pm On Jan 02, 2016
pretts:

In bits. Once u try over 300 it declines and u get a mail/sms telling u u've reached ur daily limit
Re: The Naira Watch (TNW) -> Strictly Monitoring Naira Exchange Rates by Segun889: 3:45am On Jan 03, 2016
Though I haven't checked at what rate I was charged but I made $300 atm withdrawal today GT naira MasterCard
Re: The Naira Watch (TNW) -> Strictly Monitoring Naira Exchange Rates by Obynolee(f): 7:48am On Jan 03, 2016
miqos02:

For card withdrawal or POS?
Re: The Naira Watch (TNW) -> Strictly Monitoring Naira Exchange Rates by miqos02(m): 2:45pm On Jan 03, 2016
Obynolee:

For card withdrawal or POS?
web purchases
Re: The Naira Watch (TNW) -> Strictly Monitoring Naira Exchange Rates by pretts(f): 8:32pm On Jan 03, 2016
GTBank is still $300 daily...made a payment this morning and it went through
miqos02:
Re: The Naira Watch (TNW) -> Strictly Monitoring Naira Exchange Rates by miqos02(m): 8:53pm On Jan 03, 2016
pretts:
GTBank is still $300 daily...made a payment this morning and it went through
thanks for the correction
Re: The Naira Watch (TNW) -> Strictly Monitoring Naira Exchange Rates by arbitrage: 12:50am On Jan 04, 2016
I used my Union Visa card yesterday online and was charged N396.35 per Pounds Sterling.
Re: The Naira Watch (TNW) -> Strictly Monitoring Naira Exchange Rates by Kufie(m): 1:03am On Jan 04, 2016
Stanley08:
LIMITS

Here I will compile the current 'DAILY' limit set on the Debit Naira Master/VISA Cards. Like always, everybody and anybody can contribute. No long talk, Straight to example. Example below

@Stanley08
LIMIT
STANBIC IBTC
$350 POS/ONLINE
$150 ATM WITHDRAWAL

GUIDE: BANK - ONLINE - ATM
FIDELITY BANK - $555 - $170
STANBIC IBTC - $350 - $150
FIRST BANK - $300 - N/A
DIAMOND BANK - $200 - N/A

Spaces will be reserved below for more 'features'. Lol.

Diamond Bank ATM limit is $150

Re: The Naira Watch (TNW) -> Strictly Monitoring Naira Exchange Rates by tranxo(m): 12:10pm On Jan 04, 2016
Segun889:
Though I haven't checked at what rate I was charged but I made $300 atm withdrawal today GT naira MasterCard
how much did it amount in Naira?
Re: The Naira Watch (TNW) -> Strictly Monitoring Naira Exchange Rates by grandstar(m): 5:55pm On Jan 04, 2016
989900:
So, I was able to use my GT Naira master card for POS transaction @ some 'only God knows' rate.

So what is the deal? No foreign ATM cash withdrawal at all, or limited ATM foreign cash withdrawal?

What are each bank's respective daily/monthly limits for cash withdrawal and POS/online spend?

P.S. If only all these restrictions would at least make sure we get the dollar at, at the least, CBN rate, or say N205 to a dollar; so far, it's still rape and murder with the CBN as an alibi/accomplice more or less.
when the CBN refuses to devalue, that is why there is round tripping. Economic illiterates dont understand this
Re: The Naira Watch (TNW) -> Strictly Monitoring Naira Exchange Rates by Segun889: 6:32pm On Jan 04, 2016
I was charged about 81,000naira. I think at roughly 270 per $
Re: The Naira Watch (TNW) -> Strictly Monitoring Naira Exchange Rates by CHANCEMAN: 6:48pm On Jan 04, 2016
NKGauteng:

So the person in the US is supposed to sacrifice his money for your benefit by selling at the official rate to u?
Re: The Naira Watch (TNW) -> Strictly Monitoring Naira Exchange Rates by lordmayor4(m): 8:01pm On Jan 04, 2016
Access bank today $1=270

BTW : how many days does it take for PayPal refund to reflect in someone account?

I don't understand why you get deducted instantly but have to wait for years to get your refund

Re: The Naira Watch (TNW) -> Strictly Monitoring Naira Exchange Rates by JAZES(m): 8:11pm On Jan 04, 2016
lordmayor4:
Access bank today $1=270

BTW : how many days does it take for PayPal refund to reflect in someone account?

I don't understand why you get deducted instantly but have to wait for years to get your refund

My brother it takes nothing less than 90days o.
Meanwhile if you in the US or canada and u need to buy some dollars, kindly hit me up. If u are in naija and u dont mind paying for d transfer charges, you can hit me up too $7,500 @258.
You can hit me up on the details on my signature

Re: The Naira Watch (TNW) -> Strictly Monitoring Naira Exchange Rates by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jan 04, 2016
lordmayor4:
Access bank today $1=270

Refund takes about four to six days maximum.

Re: The Naira Watch (TNW) -> Strictly Monitoring Naira Exchange Rates by miqos02(m): 8:18pm On Jan 04, 2016
grandstar:
when the CBN refuses to devalue, that is why there is round tripping. Economic illiterates dont understand this
what benefit did we got from the last devaluation

Re: The Naira Watch (TNW) -> Strictly Monitoring Naira Exchange Rates by miqos02(m): 8:20pm On Jan 04, 2016
lordmayor4:
Access bank today $1=270

refund is 3. to 4 days?

Re: The Naira Watch (TNW) -> Strictly Monitoring Naira Exchange Rates by 989900: 8:43pm On Jan 04, 2016
grandstar:

https://www.nairaland.com/2630715/how-naira-devaluation-impoverish-nigeria

https://www.nairaland.com/2573929/poison-further-devaluation-naira

Are you willing to pay N140-N200/litre for PMS officially?

The CBN is in bed with BDCs and banks in racketeering.

Re: The Naira Watch (TNW) -> Strictly Monitoring Naira Exchange Rates by grandstar(m): 6:52am On Jan 05, 2016
miqos02:
what benefit did we got from the last devaluation
devaluation is never the problem but a symptom of a problem or the correction to it and in this case which is a massive reduction in the country's forex earnings. you may not like devaluations but it is far better than the total mess on ground.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (35) (Reply)

How To Get Dollar Into Your Domiciliary Account / How To Verify Your Bank BVN On Phone; MTN, Airtel, Etisalat & Glo / Forex Trade Alerts - Season 5