Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,847 members, 7,813,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:59 PM

How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? (32946 Views)

Got My First F In My Final Year Exam. / Hardest Course(s) You Did In School As An Undergraduate. / Which Of These Sentences Scares You Most As An Undergraduate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by Bbsharon(f): 8:07am On Dec 29, 2015
otodeluxe:

Exactly my predicament. I have f in a 4 credit unit course. I want to do change of course too. Please how where you still able to do change of course with a low gp

Are you a student of oau?
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by gly2ken: 9:24am On Dec 29, 2015
kilokeys:
Great futarians

In thermodynamics.. First and only F.

Had 30/40 in my CA... Then 6/60 in my main exams.

Went to the lecturer.. Asked for my script.. The mumu no see am.. Basterd Akinola. Went to my course adviser.. And the ediot told me to "take heart, such is life".

As someone keen on the arts.. Engineering wasn't so much fun anyway.. I ended up with the strongest 2 2 of the century. 3.48.

In all i give God thanks.. Lesson learned, experiences gathered.

Life will always wanna fvk u bad. Resist and get ur arse ripped.. Best is use enough lubes and move on as soon as it's done.

my friend 2:2 is 2:2 nothing strong about it
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by SweetyZinta(f): 9:25am On Dec 29, 2015
youngds:

grin grin grin
Fortunate indeed! &which department is that?

Dats Library sci. And Info tech (LIT)
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by Destiny4fame(m): 9:30am On Dec 29, 2015
vizkiz:
I never had an F during my undergrads. But I really think having an F is better than E because you get another chance to make good grades in that same course.
dos doesn't guarantee such..... if I had had E in dat course dat I had F in my NCE days,I wud av graduate wit 4 points and above, but d F made my result ends at 3.99.
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by Anukuks(f): 9:30am On Dec 29, 2015
Bbsharon:
Hello nairalanders, I will like meaningful contributions here on this topic.

I believe the yet to resume jambites or those yet to even write jamb will learn from this. So pls kindly share your experience, what you did to overcome the setback.

What were the things you did or didn't do that made you fail or you think made you fail?

Also were you given "f" as student would say or you obtained it.

pls share.

fynestboi lalasticlala

I cried my eyes out,lol
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by vizkiz: 10:07am On Dec 29, 2015
Destiny4fame:
dos doesn't guarantee such..... if I had had E in dat course dat I had F in my NCE days,I wud av graduate wit 4 points and above, but d F made my result ends at 3.99.

you don't get my point. You will take that course again. And you will be able to prepare harder to make better points
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by Nobody: 10:22am On Dec 29, 2015
Bbsharon:
My experience.

When I gained admision to oau I was very happy, but I wanted to do biological science and I was given chemistry. I was just happy I got the admission and nothing more. I didn't take my time to find out about the course so I found out the hard way In school. One thing I want jambites to pls do before resuming. Find out about your course of study and stop waiting for any orientation programme, you might not hear or pick anything from what they will say and that's if you attend the orientation programme self.

I had my first f in year one as an undergraduate and I tell you it was terrible. I cried my eyes out. I had f in a 5units course, i just stared at the result for long and couldn't believe it was my result.Bad enough it was pasted with name and matric no. Typical of mathematics department in oau. They have got no chills for anybody, is none of their business if you didn't offer further maths in your secondary school. They teach like it's a continuation from secondary school further maths. They jump steps and keep telling you am sure you have done this in secondary school.

Gosh, those days i felt like strangling them and mind you I was attending classes regularly but still failed so it was that terrible.
I immediately checked out my friends results too and they all passed, even the one that had an f made me feel bad, then I remembered that movie "3idiots" .

It wasn't easy telling people my pains then, some were just curious not like they care. And then you meet senior colleagues telling you stuffs like and this the simplest maths o, they killed my spirit the more. That f did a massive destruction on my gp.

I consoled myself tho after 2weeks and made up my mind to change my course immeditely. A decision many found strange, they kept reassuring me I can do better but I knew better than to listen to them. I know where my strength lies and have had enough of the push. My parents wanted me to become a doctor by force by fire which took my 3years of writing jamb without still getting it.So I decided to leave humbly witn my 3rd class just in year one before they show me the way out (road 1).

Immediately change of course form was out I obtained mine fast and am happy in my new department.

At the end is all about being fulfilled and happy in whatever field you find yourself.

Stop allowing people push you around to satisfy their own aims.Live your own life and stop existing only, have a say on your life. So many undergraduates today are studying a course cos their parents wanted them to or the society or even for their own selfish aims and then we have so many unhappy youth these days. Aim at being fulfilled and then you find happiness abundantly.

olawalebabs Fynestboi Richiez lalasticlala

Our Story is quite similar,
everything u said is exactly what I went thru from maths classes to physics lectures, to friends to three idiots, to parents wanting this n that, to people saying if u can't excel here u can't excel nowhere, but deep down I knew I wasn't catching up n didn't understand my department
..i was only deceiving myself with detriment to my future...

I was given physics in FUTO when I applied for geology,
people kept saying u could make it till I failed 3 units, I obtained form sharply bailed out in 200lvl dropping a year in d process,
It hurts that I av to repeat 2H lvl again .... but I love my new Dept, I know I want n I hope I find it..

thankyou
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by Nobody: 10:35am On Dec 29, 2015
Obinovictor:
The only F I had was in Math 101. It was first like a movie. Very quickly I protested to my Course adviser. I just can't fail that course so I told him I'll apply for remarking which he supported. I applied and waited for centuries and Maths department in FUTO didn't even do anything about it, so I rewrote the course and excelled. Since that Day, God remained faithful, No more Fs.

lol maths 101...4units
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by Nobody: 10:40am On Dec 29, 2015
don't wanna dwell on d past doe.. I was given F in gst 101 English .. n I obtained f in Eng 103 end drawing.....
I jacked like madtt but d grades weren't adding up.. no grade ever did,
Tis well..
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by kilokeys(m): 10:45am On Dec 29, 2015
gly2ken:
my friend 2:2 is 2:2 nothing strong about it

If we were to judge intelligence by NL posts.. U will surely be at the bottom of the ladder.

Bloody aliterate
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by Agalasis(m): 11:06am On Dec 29, 2015
Nigayoyo:
Never had F in any of the classes I took back at OAU. In fact, topped the whole of College of Engineering in one Mathematics course in 200L grin
College of Engineering in OAU?
Abeg,wot of Faculty of Health Sciences?

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by benELOHIM7(m): 11:11am On Dec 29, 2015
My university days were more of grace than hardwork. I remember in my year2 a lecturer failed over 75% of my coursemates because we protested against his fixing lectures on weekend. It was just a handpick of us that escaped with Es. I graduated with a clean sheet, over 70courses no single F.

Please what does the "hons" in a degree certificate mean?
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by Agalasis(m): 11:35am On Dec 29, 2015
Nigayoyo:
Never had F in any of the classes I took back at OAU. In fact, topped the whole of College of Engineering in one Mathematics course in 200L grin
College of Engineeing in OAU?
What of Faculty of Health Sciences?

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by youngds: 12:21pm On Dec 29, 2015
SweetyZinta:

Dats Library sci. And Info tech (LIT)
That's in ICT, lol we're neighbour by building!
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by Greatness366(f): 1:03pm On Dec 29, 2015
Bbsharon:
Hello nairalanders, I will like meaningful contributions here on this topic.

I believe the yet to resume jambites or those yet to even write jamb will learn from this. So pls kindly share your experience, what you did to overcome the setback.

What were the things you did or didn't do that made you fail or you think made you fail?

Also were you given "f" as student would say or you obtained it.

pls share.

fynestboi lalasticlala
I never had an F
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by lawrenzooo: 2:09pm On Dec 29, 2015
Ayo199:
did u complain? n how long did it take to b corrected?

Not really, there were mix up in admission number so it affected almost 50% of the class so those who saw it before me raised a complain and it was looked into and corrected.
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by fernandoc(m): 3:11pm On Dec 29, 2015
Graduated with a 2.1 I never had an F. But sometimes I try to imagine how it would feel. Not funny when you are on the receiving end tho. Call me a smart arse and u won't see 2016. Try me.
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by Fireson: 3:56pm On Dec 29, 2015
I never had an F all through my days of schooling, if that course is too difficult , I did all my possible best to attain a B-, to God be the glory. smiley
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by Topkush: 6:00pm On Dec 29, 2015
I was angry when I had a F in a course not because I failed, but for the 'caring' friend who called to tell me.
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by mdee1(m): 6:06pm On Dec 29, 2015
Stories that touch...
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by hariorh: 6:17pm On Dec 29, 2015
Silently went to the hostel to think about why I failed (tho the lecturer later hinted the class that one of the persons who failed mixed up the answers i.e Q1 answer was given to Q3 and vice versa or something like that)

Manned up and retook the course following year and got a D.

Marched to the HOD's office, called for my script and demanded a review

Got a call back days later that the lecturer made a mistake (instead of entering 32 as score in exam he wrote 22)

That was how I reverted the result to a C

grin
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Dec 29, 2015
Agalasis:

College of Engineeing in OAU?
What of Faculty of Health Sciences?

My bad, I'm now used to another system of education. It's actually Faculty of technology; the word 'Faculty' here means 'lecturers or teaching staff'.
Finished from OAU over 7 years ago!
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by Obinovictor(m): 7:09pm On Dec 29, 2015
ChykePryor:

lol maths 101...4units

Na the 4 units dey funny? angry
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Dec 29, 2015
YOU RE A PATHETIC E-DIOT, Never knew when u start marking my English here...thats why you keep failing cos you dont believe in success...u have no idea of who u re insulting.....i dont reallyy care
papadoculus:
hahaha brosss, who was ur english teacher?? "the least i has. Hmmmmmm... People dey lie shaaa u nvr had f even ur comment lays a figer print say u no go skul sef
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Dec 29, 2015
Obinovictor:

Na the 4 units dey funny? angry
fellow futoite na

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by Darey00(m): 11:26pm On Dec 29, 2015
mdee1:
thanks for the advice but i'm considering some stuff like when u take the carry over courses again, is it added to ur gp?
if you pass a carryover course,your pass grade will b added to your g.p. The first time u carried d course,0 will b recorded
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by Douglasin: 1:22am On Dec 30, 2015
Bbsharon:
My experience.

When I gained admision to oau I was very happy, but I wanted to do biological science and I was given chemistry. I was just happy I got the admission and nothing more. I didn't take my time to find out about the course so I found out the hard way In school. One thing I want jambites to pls do before resuming. Find out about your course of study and stop waiting for any orientation programme, you might not hear or pick anything from what they will say and that's if you attend the orientation programme self.

I had my first f in year one as an undergraduate and I tell you it was terrible. I cried my eyes out. I had f in a 5units course, i just stared at the result for long and couldn't believe it was my result.Bad enough it was pasted with name and matric no. Typical of mathematics department in oau. They have got no chills for anybody, is none of their business if you didn't offer further maths in your secondary school. They teach like it's a continuation from secondary school further maths. They jump steps and keep telling you am sure you have done this in secondary school.

Gosh, those days i felt like strangling them and mind you I was attending classes regularly but still failed so it was that terrible.
I immediately checked out my friends results too and they all passed, even the one that had an E made me feel bad, then I remembered that movie "3idiots" .

It wasn't easy telling people my pains then, some were just curious not like they care. And then you meet senior colleagues telling you stuffs like and this the simplest maths o, they killed my spirit the more. That f did a massive destruction on my gp.

I consoled myself tho after 2weeks and made up my mind to change my course immeditely. A decision many found strange, they kept reassuring me I can do better but I knew better than to listen to them. I know where my strength lies and have had enough of the push. My parents wanted me to become a doctor by force by fire which took my 3years of writing jamb without still getting it.So I decided to leave humbly witn my 3rd class just in year one before they show me the way out (road 1).

Immediately change of course form was out I obtained mine fast and am happy in my new department.

At the end is all about being fulfilled and happy in whatever field you find yourself.

Stop allowing people push you around to satisfy their own aims.Live your own life and stop existing only, have a say on your life. So many undergraduates today are studying a course cos their parents wanted them to or the society or even for their own selfish aims and then we have so many unhappy youth these days. Aim at being fulfilled and then you find happiness abundantly.

olawalebabs Fynestboi Richiez lalasticlala

what dept did you transfer to?
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by Obinovictor(m): 8:05am On Dec 30, 2015
ChykePryor:
fellow futoite na

grin isoryt. I'm out of that place sha
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by Agalasis(m): 9:40am On Dec 30, 2015
Nigayoyo:

My bad, I'm now used to another system of education. It's actually Faculty of technology; the word 'Faculty' here means 'lecturers or teaching staff'.
Finished from OAU over 7 years ago!
It's alright!
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by H2Ossss(m): 1:55pm On Dec 30, 2015
Never had an F during my school days, though suffered from mediocrity, I was very comfortable with G.P as low as 3.1 or 3.4... but i later realized such G.P.A's would never get me to d promise land (getting a 2.1), so i stepped up and my last 4 results were above 4.0... made a 2.1, mech/prod engr. ATBU.
FOR JAMBITES AND UNDERGRADUATES PLZ NOTE.... C is not good enough... u want to excel, get A's and B's, thats what i realized that turned my story around.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by segunotiti(m): 3:50pm On Dec 30, 2015
kilokeys:
Great futarians

In thermodynamics.. First and only F.

Had 30/40 in my CA... Then 6/60 in my main exams.

Went to the lecturer.. Asked for my script.. The mumu no see am.. Basterd Akinola. Went to my course adviser.. And the ediot told me to "take heart, such is life".

As someone keen on the arts.. Engineering wasn't so much fun anyway.. I ended up with the strongest 2 2 of the century. 3.48.

In all i give God thanks.. Lesson learned, experiences gathered.

Life will always wanna fvk u bad. Resist and get ur arse ripped.. Best is use enough lubes and move on as soon as it's done.

feel ur pains man. mee 206
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by otodeluxe(m): 5:15am On Dec 31, 2015
Are you a student of oau?

No, I school in a state university. I just wanna know how the whole thing went cuz I would like to do change of course by all means after my second semester

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Rivers University Student Finds Rusted Zinc In The Food She Bought In The Hostel / Lady Shows Off Impressive Legwork Dance As She Graduates From University (video) / LASU College Of Medicine Management Throws Out Students’ Belongings From Hostels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.