Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,781 members, 7,813,576 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:22 PM

How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? (32941 Views)

Got My First F In My Final Year Exam. / Hardest Course(s) You Did In School As An Undergraduate. / Which Of These Sentences Scares You Most As An Undergraduate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by promisechild(m): 10:20am On Dec 28, 2015
ok
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by Tbagwell1(m): 10:29am On Dec 28, 2015
It happened in my final year in school, this Yeye lecturer gave us assignment @ the beginning of the semester which was to submitted 1 week b4 final exams, typical me didn't do it till the day of submission and I was the last person to submit. Na so the man tell me say b'cos of your stupidity u will fail and just said thank you sir and left. Happen that I met a friend outside and I related what the man said nd I told him I wasn't going to fail instead na the man pikin go fail not knowing the man was behind me. Fast forward to the exam business policy and analysis, a course which even if I don't read I will pass, na so I see 18/100 F, I was the only one that failed the course, but God pass the man as I still graduated with my mate.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by Bold7: 11:09am On Dec 28, 2015
Jamaticulus:

Kaaai...Baba u strong gaan ooh! I sure say no b dose shuttle wey dey crawl lyk snail u go board!
I wan craze that day, e just be like say make the driver carry only me dey run go obakekere at 120mph, all those bumps wey dey road no help matter too, as I enter d exam hall, naso my classmates begin mutter Eeyha,,aww,eeyah, lols
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by CSTR2: 11:18am On Dec 28, 2015
It happened in my second semester engineering drawing exam. It was a very easy course and i did it excellently.
On my way to submit my drawing sheet there was a stampede because the examiner threatened to leave the hall, in the whole brouhaha one idiott just somehow got my paper torn badly. I cellutaped it but the damage had already been done and my engineering drawing lecturer is very particular with neatness of work.
After the results came out, i checked mine and saw a funny result. All A's and one F. shocked The guy just stopped me from getting a neat 5.0. My friends and classmates were asking me ''how come na?''.
I was livid with anger.I retook the paper and i got my A. grin

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by mysticgal(f): 12:21pm On Dec 28, 2015
I feel for those who have fs, the last I got was D in economics mehn I was was livid but I got past it. Pray I won't get fs as I got no time for spill over
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Dec 28, 2015
CSTR2:
It happened in my second semester engineering drawing exam. It was a very easy course and i did it excellently.
On my way to submit my drawing sheet there was a stampede because the examiner threatened to leave the hall, in the whole brouhaha one idiott just somehow got my paper torn badly. I cellutaped it but the damage had already been done and my engineering drawing lecturer is very particular with neatness of work.
After the results came out, i checked mine and saw a funny result. All A's and one F. shocked The guy just stopped me from getting a neat 5.0. My friends and classmates were asking me ''how come na?''.
I was livid with anger.I retook the paper and i got my A. grin
Bro how u take do am get A for dat course,i hear say dat engine drawing hot..
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by ladyF(f): 12:43pm On Dec 28, 2015
Ahh took it with a pinch of salt, wetin dey dia?

LadyF9 tins grin

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by Sunnycliff(m): 12:44pm On Dec 28, 2015
An experience I never had through my 5 years in the university. So I have no moral right to talk in this case
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by ugonna1054(m): 12:44pm On Dec 28, 2015
vizkiz:
I never had an F during my undergrads. But I really think having an F is better than E because you get another chance to make good grades in that same course.
mhen, itz a lie o.......better u get the E nd surge forward
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by macphilip: 12:44pm On Dec 28, 2015
Luckily,i never had a carry over throughout my university days.
the lowest i ever had was 41E.
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by Akosxxx(m): 12:45pm On Dec 28, 2015
I ve never had F though im in my finals.
I used to think that having F is like death, I ll just pass out at the spot
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Dec 28, 2015
I fainted. When revived I asked for a bowl of pounded yam, egusi soup and chilled bottle of Fayrouz

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by saintkel(m): 12:46pm On Dec 28, 2015
Men I cried it was chm 101 back then in unn

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by donpeluchi(m): 12:48pm On Dec 28, 2015
Never had an F!
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by lilmax(m): 12:50pm On Dec 28, 2015
effrebor:
I had about 6 F's in my 100 level (physics), another 6 in 200 level nobody taught me b4 i went to senate to get change of department. And after changing i never had F again but to be sincere i wasn't serious in my 100 level days
gringrin

Abeg no vex

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by ugonna1054(m): 12:50pm On Dec 28, 2015
Vent had an F nd i pray not to......the least I've had was an E.....chaii, wey i for don get 5.0 that semester.

Mhen, E is a very terrible grade
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by Lionhearted: 12:51pm On Dec 28, 2015
Had my first 'F' in year three of a five year course.

My insistence on calling for my script payoff in the short term by eventually having a 'D' in that course. The resultant long-term effect was a string of Fs in 4th and 5th year.
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by AJaylee(m): 12:52pm On Dec 28, 2015
It was phy 123, in fut everyone knws d course capability, nd I expected d F, so no hard feelings, but I av one problem, if I'm to keep Writin dat course I'll keep failin it. So I kept prayin fr miracle to happen. D next 2 yrs d course was scraped, I felt like an angel d day I hear it's scraped.
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by danidee10(m): 12:53pm On Dec 28, 2015
temmy6996:

...strongest or wasted 2-2? u n person wey get 2.50 na still 2-2, so no console urself.

No its not the same at allllll
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Dec 28, 2015
what a reminder!! over a decade ago, hmmmmm, bad experience cause everybody knew that there's a girl who had carry over cuz i was virtually crying everywhere i went to. But i made up my mind never to carry over any course, still trying to keep it up tho.
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by HDee(m): 12:56pm On Dec 28, 2015
Not to brag, I have not seen any f on my result, and I thank God for that! The closest was E, in a 4 unit course, it was fatal, buh I still thank God, and I pray it would be the first and last I would ever have... To the jambites, pls read this thing and pass it once and for all, pls, F is really bad.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by j1mmy: 12:57pm On Dec 28, 2015
What difference does A or F make in Nigeria?

Nigerian graduates are mostly educated-illiterates who cannot innovate and develop the country - Chinese prisoners and Indian slum dug low level expat workers are superior to Nigerian PHD holders!

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by HDee(m): 12:58pm On Dec 28, 2015
VenusBetty:
what a reminder!! over a decade ago, hmmmmm, bad experience cause everybody knew that there's a girl who had carry over cuz i was virtually crying everywhere i went to. But i made up my mind never to carry over any course, still trying to keep it up tho.
baby your black is beautiful.
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by bobolizim(m): 1:00pm On Dec 28, 2015
greatest uite!mine was not an F...even never had that but we have institutional failure and personal failure....it was in che157,I had 10 in test,it was obj ooo even many had 0...I ended up with 53 though but it affected my gp small cos nah 4 unit
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by babyfaceafrica: 1:00pm On Dec 28, 2015
Nothing...I had 4 fs throughout my undergraduate time in school and still came out with cgpa of 3.8 ..shit happens....

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Dec 28, 2015
I cried. That was my 1st year, Lit101. I was sick when I wrote the paper. That was my last thou
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by Cholls(m): 1:02pm On Dec 28, 2015
Bbsharon:
Hello nairalanders, I will like meaningful contributions here on this topic.

I believe the yet to resume jambites or those yet to even write jamb will learn from this. So pls kindly share your experience, what you did to overcome the setback.

What were the things you did or didn't do that made you fail or you think made you fail?

Also were you given "f" as student would say or you obtained it.

pls share.

fynestboi lalasticlala
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by HDee(m): 1:03pm On Dec 28, 2015
j1mmy:
What difference does A or F make in Nigeria?

Nigerian graduates are mostly educated-illiterates who cannot innovate and develop the country - Chinese prisoners and Indian slum dug low level expat workers are superior to Nigerian PHD holders!
no, pls don't jump into conclusion, just because your brain was as clean as an empty bottle when you graduated, does not mean every graduate was like you. Get the facts straight, we have intelligent peeps doing great things.

7 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by Akosxxx(m): 1:03pm On Dec 28, 2015
Tbagwell1:
It happened in my final year in school, this Yeye lecturer gave us assignment @ the beginning of the semester which was to submitted 1 week b4 final exams, typical me didn't do it till the day of submission and I was the last person to submit. Na so the man tell me say b'cos of your stupidity u will fail and just said thank you sir and left. Happen that I met a friend outside and I related what the man said nd I told him I wasn't going to fail instead na the man pikin go fail not knowing the man was behind me. Fast forward to the exam business policy and analysis, a course which even if I don't read I will pass, na so I see 18/100 F, I was the only one that failed the course, but God pass the man as I still graduated with my mate.
bros you get luck o.
I don see person wey spill 3yrs coz him make jest imitating the way one lecturer dey talk n him no knw say the lecturer dey hear am
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by lolaluv1(f): 1:04pm On Dec 28, 2015
Never had an F.
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by Nicepoker(m): 1:04pm On Dec 28, 2015
kilokeys:

U r a fooool if u couldn't see the humor in that..

U can't term it as wasted.. I only can.. I choose not to.

I have moved on.. I am better off.
why waste time on the f00l. Ask him what he studied first. Abi. Him de reason say engineering na elementary. Education.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Rivers University Student Finds Rusted Zinc In The Food She Bought In The Hostel / Lady Shows Off Impressive Legwork Dance As She Graduates From University (video) / LASU College Of Medicine Management Throws Out Students’ Belongings From Hostels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.