Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,847 members, 7,813,860 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:05 PM

How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? (32947 Views)

Got My First F In My Final Year Exam. / Hardest Course(s) You Did In School As An Undergraduate. / Which Of These Sentences Scares You Most As An Undergraduate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by mdee1(m): 7:35pm On Dec 28, 2015
macphilip:
Luckily,i never had a carry over throughout my university days.
the lowest i ever had was 41E.
4 my Uni, 44 downwards na F
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by theokalu7(m): 7:39pm On Dec 28, 2015
Obinovictor:
The only F I had was in Math 101. It was first like a movie. Very quickly I protested to my Course adviser. I just can't fail that course so I told him I'll apply for remarking which he supported. I applied and waited for centuries and Maths department in FUTO didn't even do anything about it, so I rewrote the course and excelled. Since that Day, God remained faithful, No more Fs.
My igb 102 was f... I was like why igbo, I almost died.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by calculator123(m): 7:40pm On Dec 28, 2015
lovely17:
Just finished First year no F thank God Dr Adewale tongue
i bet u did fsc 105 or phs 102 in UNILAG.what dept if i may ask?
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by lawrenzooo: 7:40pm On Dec 28, 2015
Walked up to the department to check my MTH 205 result and loo nd behold a capital letter F.

My heart sinked nd was scared even though I was very much sure it wasn't my result. It was later corrected nd I scored a B. That was the closest to came to an F.
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by calculator123(m): 7:44pm On Dec 28, 2015
first year ended n 'f' worst was 'c' in fsc 101 dr white lab coat,chm 101 and fsc 105 God was with me had 'b' even when i thought it was a carry over,mat 103 wasnt that great 67 kind of chai i almost cried.
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by calculator123(m): 7:45pm On Dec 28, 2015
first year ended no 'f' worst was 'c' in fsc 101 dr white lab coat,chm 101 and fsc 105 God was with me had 'b' even when i thought it was a carry over,mat 103 wasnt that great 67 kind of chai i almost cried.
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by youngds: 7:51pm On Dec 28, 2015
SweetyZinta:

Yes ooo! Am fortunate my Dept isn't doing PHY123 I would have failed it too grin grin grin

Mr Uno chai!!!

grin grin grin

Fortunate indeed! &which department is that?
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by mdee1(m): 7:53pm On Dec 28, 2015
VenusBetty:
what a reminder!! over a decade ago, hmmmmm, bad experience cause everybody knew that there's a girl who had carry over cuz i was virtually crying everywhere i went to. But i made up my mind never to carry over any course, still trying to keep it up tho.
Eyah sorry
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by bimsite(f): 8:03pm On Dec 28, 2015
I neva had 'F' all thru my stay as an undergraduate....
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by mdee1(m): 8:06pm On Dec 28, 2015
DonUjay:
I already had suspicions that i was going to get an 'F' in the course the moment I left the exam Hall so I had already started doing the thinking from then on. when results were eventually released I checked and my suspicions were confirmed. Like every other student back then I looked for people that had an 'F'like me and as Usual we sat together and talked about How Life was so unfair and How Wicked the Lecturer was
lol...funny
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by Ayo199(m): 8:16pm On Dec 28, 2015
my own case is still raw..der was did course in my 200 level smsta(mth232) WHR I saw 'F' n I quickly reported to someone I was close to in d dept and after he met wit d lecturer DAT took d course...lo and behold he only recorded my C.A which was 23/30 n DAT I had A in d course..though he promised to ammend it but I'm still praying God will make it possible...
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by Ayo199(m): 8:19pm On Dec 28, 2015
lawrenzooo:
Walked up to the department to check my MTH 205 result and loo nd behold a capital letter F.

My heart sinked nd was scared even though I was very much sure it wasn't my result. It was later corrected nd I scored a B. That was the closest to came to an F.
did u complain? n how long did it take to b corrected?
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by Ayo199(m): 8:54pm On Dec 28, 2015
funkyfella:
I reported the lecturer to the school senate committee.
way was d repercusion
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by lovely17(m): 8:57pm On Dec 28, 2015
calculator123:
i bet u did fsc 105 or phs 102 in UNILAG.what dept if i may ask?
Medicine and Surgery yeh even PHS 101 and 103
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by Ayo199(m): 9:02pm On Dec 28, 2015
Revolver411:
Had a two year streak of invisibility, then i was struck with an F in a course i could never fail even if i wrote the exams blindfolded. angry. Mehn the world stood still to me when i traced my grade to my reg no. I still feel hurt anytime i remember it sha, but i gotta brace up and rewrite it next year.
same scenario with me but d mistake was from d lecturer so I hoped it will b corrected but did u not complain?
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by calculator123(m): 9:11pm On Dec 28, 2015
lovely17:
Medicine and Surgery yeh even PHS 101 and 103
that man exams were not smiling o,imagine the highest in a certain dept being 60 B
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by papadoculus(m): 9:19pm On Dec 28, 2015
freemon50:
WELL...my brother/sister (as applicable), I never had a F while I was undergrad, and I believe you can be better, the least I has was 49....still ending 2.1....you can be the best you wanna be if you start with a good thought ...May God help you
hahaha brosss, who was ur english teacher?? "the least i has. Hmmmmmm... People dey lie shaaa u nvr had f even ur comment lays a figer print say u no go skul sef
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by prof800(m): 9:26pm On Dec 28, 2015
Originalsly:
Hmmmmmm..... I had so many F's is no way I can remember which one came first.
grin LMAO
*Falls from the xmas tree!*
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by mdee1(m): 9:28pm On Dec 28, 2015
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by otodeluxe(m): 9:32pm On Dec 28, 2015
Bbsharon:
My experience.

When I gained admision to oau I was very happy, but I wanted to do biological science and I was given chemistry. I was just happy I got the admission and nothing more. I didn't take my time to find out about the course so I found out the hard way In school. One thing I want jambites to pls do before resuming. Find out about your course of study and stop waiting for any orientation programme, you might not hear or pick anything from what they will say and that's if you attend the orientation programme self.

I had my first f in year one as an undergraduate and I tell you it was terrible. I cried my eyes out. I had f in a 5units course, i just stared at the result for long and couldn't believe it was my result.Bad enough it was pasted with name and matric no. Typical of mathematics department in oau. They have got no chills for anybody, is none of their business if you didn't offer further maths in your secondary school. They teach like it's a continuation from secondary school further maths. They jump steps and keep telling you am sure you have done this in secondary school.

Gosh, those days i felt like strangling them and mind you I was attending classes regularly but still failed so it was that terrible.
I immediately checked out my friends results too and they all passed, even the one that had an f made me feel bad, then I remembered that movie "3idiots" .

It wasn't easy telling people my pains then, some were just curious not like they care. And then you meet senior colleagues telling you stuffs like and this the simplest maths o, they killed my spirit the more. That f did a massive destruction on my gp.

I consoled myself tho after 2weeks and made up my mind to change my course immeditely. A decision many found strange, they kept reassuring me I can do better but I knew better than to listen to them. I know where my strength lies and have had enough of the push. My parents wanted me to become a doctor by force by fire which took my 3years of writing jamb without still getting it.So I decided to leave humbly witn my 3rd class just in year one before they show me the way out (road 1).

Immediately change of course form was out I obtained mine fast and am happy in my new department.

At the end is all about being fulfilled and happy in whatever field you find yourself.

Stop allowing people push you around to satisfy their own aims.Live your own life and stop existing only, have a say on your life. So many undergraduates today are studying a course cos their parents wanted them to or the society or even for their own selfish aims and then we have so many unhappy youth these days. Aim at being fulfilled and then you find happiness abundantly.

olawalebabs Fynestboi Richiez lalasticlala

Exactly my predicament. I have f in a 4 credit unit course. I want to do change of course too. Please how where you still able to do change of course with a low gp
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Dec 28, 2015
Nigayoyo:
Never had F in any of the classes I took back at OAU. In fact, topped the whole of College of Engineering in one Mathematics course in 200L grin
bros u get mind MTH201
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Dec 28, 2015
twoondei:
Misssing script in yabatech. Bloody stuff.

Did it as a carry over the following year and aced it.

I honestly don't understand why scripts will get missing and no one is held responsible

same in my school(NAU) I had missing result and wrote it as missing script.my hod even advice me that am still young I should go and rewrite it.
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by Darey00(m): 9:56pm On Dec 28, 2015
mdee1:
Lucky urs stated at 300lv, mine first year and nw I think i'll change my dept(Csc) thanks to MTS #Funaab
eiya,it is well. Csc really is fun o,and the new curicullum i've seen has more new CSC courses added. Nothing like PCP 201 or APH 202,i even heard that no MTS311. If u can endure i advise u stay
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by Obinovictor(m): 10:09pm On Dec 28, 2015
theokalu7:

My igb 102 was f... I was like why igbo, I almost died.

Hehehehe... I didn't do Igbo, it was introduced in my second year
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by raph101(m): 10:27pm On Dec 28, 2015
my Armpit jst dey scratch me... I kon dey sweat like goat... Pol 101, kaduna state University. It was quite an error bt I took it in good fate ND I graduated wit my 2.1
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by asiwaju87(m): 10:29pm On Dec 28, 2015
Had only one F throughout my undergruate days. Year 1 psychology 101. Suppose to be borrowed course but later realize in my year 3 that it's prerequisite. But I changed it in my year 4 for marketing and TO GOD BE THE GLORY...
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by Femich18(m): 10:34pm On Dec 28, 2015
shala01:

U no bi babe, u no sell drawing sheet and money no join unaa two! Are u talking about the same Akinola or another person
Lol I'm serious...anyway he s my chur member and his Frnd is my family Frnd Xo he linked both of us 2geda
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by Desxter: 10:46pm On Dec 28, 2015
Nd futo ..welcoms me wit phy 101 F ...nd I stare at d shit-head adviser ..Nah_ ts not possible please were ma scores recorded nd d shit-pile says Yes ...and the score is an F ..wats d score na _ d shipwreck no gree talk ...

Tuk d exam again _ ddnt even Read dis time ..got a B ...#useless skul _ loved it dou ..I stand proud ervyday!
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by Tranquild(m): 11:04pm On Dec 28, 2015
Glocee:
Mine was in my final year. I wept bitterly and that was enzymology( BCH 426)
It's nice to meet a fellow Biochemist smiley
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by Ratuk: 11:20pm On Dec 28, 2015
I laughed so hard, cos i couldnt believe it.....although it was an error
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by Glocee(f): 5:09am On Dec 29, 2015
Tranquild:
It's nice to meet a fellow Biochemist smiley
It's nice meeting u too
Re: How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? by Nobody: 6:29am On Dec 29, 2015
U wud definately felt cheated, but u must let it go. u must b strong, have faith n move on...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Rivers University Student Finds Rusted Zinc In The Food She Bought In The Hostel / Lady Shows Off Impressive Legwork Dance As She Graduates From University (video) / LASU College Of Medicine Management Throws Out Students’ Belongings From Hostels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.