Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,293 members, 7,853,370 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 03:23 PM

Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight - Health (154) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight (330305 Views)

Best Food Routine For Loosing Weight? / Guys You Need Abs, Just 30 Days Daily Exercise For A Start / Jogging Sit Ups Push Ups. . .whats Your Daily Exercise Routine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 9:31am On Sep 26, 2012
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 9:34am On Sep 26, 2012
Its my friend's birthday today.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 11:53am On Sep 26, 2012
Hour_Glass: Is akamu whole grain? I make it myself using 'gero'.

Babe you are doing a great job,keep it up. wink

I do Jero akamu too, I soak it for 5-7 days to make sure its as "sour" as can be(healthy bacteria)I also don't sieve it to preserve/achieve the fiber/whole grain purpose.

I have been awol cos I went to Lag last week,returned home on sunday & just recovered from the lokoja traffic/flood nightmare. undecided
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 12:13pm On Sep 26, 2012
modath:

I do Jero akamu too, I soak it for 5-7 days to make sure its as "sour" as can be(healthy bacteria)I also don't sieve it to preserve/achieve the fiber/whole grain purpose.

I have been awol cos I went to Lag last week,returned home on sunday & just recovered from the lokoja traffic/flood nightmare. undecided

Wow, very nice seeing you again. Thank God for safety too. Thank for answering this Jero stuff, and am always lucky my grinder makes very fine, all I will be doing is to sieve my friend's own (he has serious issue with the sour part sha) and keep mine like that. Thanks
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Meddler(f): 1:59pm On Sep 26, 2012
Please I would love to join. I'm currently embarking on a weight loss journey too and would love to loose 10kg by Nov/Dec. I was thinking 10kg in a month until I did the conversion to lbs which I'm more conversant with(22lbs)and it is quite unrealistic. My objective is to limit my carb intake. Which is what has gotten me to this position. With time, I have to build up strength and endurance. Right now, I want to focus more on eating more veggies and fruit. I think that's very doable.
I actually came across an easy exercise program I can easily follow. So I'll try and stick to it.
For now, I'll focus more on my eating habit because I need to work on it. Loading up on good fats, complex carbs, fruits, veggies and protein.
P.S. I'm a foodie so I'll be creating some healthy meals and look forward to sharing it with everyone.

Cucumber, chickpea salad

Ingredients
* 1 Cucumber (cored and diced)
* 1 Onion (diced)
* 2 tbsp low fat Italian salad
* 50 g. Feta cheese
If you leave in Abuja, you can get feta cheese from the big supermarkets dairy section and it cost less than 500 naira.

Combine everything in a bowl along with 2 tbsp of the dressing. You can always adjust the dressing to your taste but won't suggest u exceed 2 tbsp. The dressing also packs some calories and fats. Refrigerate and let the flavors come together.

Enjoy for a light dinner or lunch.
N.B.
U can also do away with the feta cheese (it's quite salty) and just prepare with the remaining ingredients.
Canned chickpeas can be found in big supermarkets. Depending on what supermarket in Abuja u go to, u can find it for around 180 - 250 Naira.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by taitee(f): 6:03pm On Sep 26, 2012
its gud 2 see dis thead bubbling again....
b: moimoi n garri
l:1 pancake wit chiken pieces n mayonaisse
d:swallow n ogbono n ponmo n fish
little snacks: 1,1/2 apple(mediumsized),1 egg n few mouthfuls of potato porrige,2sweets, tiny cocolate...all taken in very small quantities at different times of d day.

@ikekings..wish i had d time to run, i leave early, return late n am usually tired. nyway i av jus like 2-3 kg left so im jus takin my time it willl go wen its ready..lol.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 6:39pm On Sep 26, 2012
Hmm log for d dinner, I tOok 20naira eko(pap) with a bowl of pepeery vegetables. I hope eko doesn't have so much calories abeg. Still sticking to my "no dinner after 7pm" from 7pm I will take water till I sleep. Am I gud to go?Thanks
modath:

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 6:49pm On Sep 26, 2012
@taitee, good to see you're doing really well and nice to know you have just a few kgs to go.

@all, I just want to drop this hint that you need to know your body type and be able to understand the ease/difficulty in losing weight. For some body types, they can never add weight, while some will need extra efforts to do lose the excess on their bodies. Check out this site and know where you belong and how not to be lean but to be in the best shape with your body type. Happy surfing.

www.superskinnyme.com
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by opella(f): 9:11pm On Sep 26, 2012
Hour_Glass: @taitee, good to see you're doing really well and nice to know you have just a few kgs to go.

@all, I just want to drop this hint that you need to know your body type and be able to understand the ease/difficulty in losing weight. For some body types, they can never add weight, while some will need extra efforts to do lose the excess on their bodies. Check out this site and know where you belong and how not to be lean but to be in the best shape with your body type. Happy surfing.

www.superskinnyme.com

Thanks for the site, Am learning more, day by day.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by opella(f): 9:17pm On Sep 26, 2012
Today's log
30 mins jogging, 200 skips
8am- 1 wrap of moi moi and tea
12.30pm- snacks(doughnut)
5pm- porridge beans with vegetable.
And a lot of water.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 9:29pm On Sep 26, 2012
opella:
Thanks for the site, Am learning more, day by day.

At your service all day long. Well done on your workout too.

To all the newbies on this thread, am saying well done and much more for bringing so much life into this thread, I really wish and pray that this is not going to be an end-of-the-year-new-year-weight-loss fever grin, don't mind me o, Agaba taught me mischief tongue. We really wish to see results tumbling in without stopping till you celebrate your one year consistency here.
To all gurus and oldies,its good you are still on and keeping on.

Come to think of it, the beauty of the game is to keep on losing, how ironic that can be. wink We shall get there.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 9:36pm On Sep 26, 2012
Logs for today

7:30am - 2 cups rice + 3 slices plantain + 1 intestine + 1 beef

2:10pm - 2 fist sized semovita + ewedu soup + 1 beef (at owambe)

4:30pm - 1 orange + 1 small sized banana (4" )

7:30pm - 1 banana + 1 handful of peanuts

Exercise - 56 mins P90X2 (when was the last time your sweated, try that)

I always refuse to mention water because I drink so much, nothing less than 10 glasses a day (off to bed)
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by ikekings(m): 12:55am On Sep 27, 2012
Logs for yesterday:
1 : raw egg with milk and 2 fried eggs.
2: pap with milk, fried egg and 3 slices of bread(breakfast)
3: 30 pieces of garden egg with ground-nut..
4: 4packets of biscuit with ground-nut
No lunch after eating all this minor things. My stomach compartments has no more memory left for lunch.
5: one cup of rice with roasted fish(the tail). For (dinner)...
6: 3litres of water..
Exercises:
80 press-ups.
20mins walk.
30mins running.
400 crunches (abs crunches).
400 sit-ups(200 at a go)
2000 hand weight lifts.(1000 per hand, 100 at a go).
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 6:32am On Sep 27, 2012
ikekings:
Exercises:
80 press-ups.
20mins walk.
30mins running.
400 sit-ups(200 at a go)

Well done ace

ikekings: Logs for yesterday:

Are you a boxer? Or just related to Rocky Balboa, just asking
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 6:36am On Sep 27, 2012
Don't Start What You Can't Finish

The reason so many weight-loss or diet programs fail is because they're temporary. Over time, they're just too difficult (or boring) to stick with, so people revert back to old habits--and that is what causes the pounds to come back, too.

We want you to approach your weight loss and healthy lifestyle differently this time. We want you to choose only the habits, behaviors, foods and workouts that you can keep up with for the long haul. This is the biggest differentiating factor between "diets" and true lifestyle changes.

When a weight-loss pill, diet program or trendy workout catches your eye because of its promise for fast or extreme results, stop and ask yourself this: Can I really keep up with this level of restriction or extreme exercise for the rest of my life? If the answer is no, or if you doubt yourself even a little bit, then it's best not to try. Those are short-term programs--and you need a long-term program to be fit and healthy forever.

Losing weight slowly by making smaller changes like cutting a few calories or exercising 10 minutes at a time works because people can maintain these kinds of habits without feeling deprived, stressed, anxious or exhausted. While old habits may die hard--especially for yo-yo dieters or exercisers who have tried lots of different programs over the years--remember your ultimate goal is to keep the pounds off forever. And that means your plan needs to be around just as long as you are.

Excerpts from Coach Nicole Nicols (I just read it this morning and decided to share)
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 6:39am On Sep 27, 2012
@Ikekings,
Welcome,tardy of me I know but as they say better late than never, I need to ask a few questions.
1.What EXACTLY are your goals.
2.Are you trying to bulk up
3.What kind of weight do you lift 2000 reps of??
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by ikekings(m): 7:13am On Sep 27, 2012
I don't want to lose weight. I just workout to develop my stomach abs(make it more hard like a stone) and also develop my muscles... About the weight lift, i said hand weight lifts(weights for a single hand).. 100 at a go, 1000 for left hand and 1000 for right hand making it 2000.. The weight weighs 25-30kg..
Ps: that's my aim of working out, and not weight lose.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by ikekings(m): 7:26am On Sep 27, 2012
Hour_Glass:

Well done ace

Are you a boxer? Or just related to Rocky Balboa, just asking
Lol... Am not... I just take it to for the strength and energy i need cause i workout for 2hrs plus but lowest workout time is an hour and a half. That's if I'm too tight during the day....
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by uche13: 10:12am On Sep 27, 2012
Hello Everyone
@Modath, long time oh!
@ikekings lipsrsealed

Log for yesterday

B- 2 servings of beans and chicken with half banana

L- 2 servings of beans, 2 pieces of plantain and a piece of turkey

D- slice of pawpaw

Exercise-3,000 skips
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by DeGenius3(m): 12:48pm On Sep 27, 2012
hi,

thank you for clicking to read this post.
well, you are reading this because you want to lose weight right?

alright.

here's my little way of helping you...

When you want to lose weight, knowing how to lose weight quick is one of the keys to your success. Whether you decide on a diet that has major changes or to incorporate serious exercise workouts into your daily routines, you want to see the weight come off quickly. Sometimes there’s an event or outfit that you want to wear for a specific date or time and knowing how to lose the weight quick is paramount.

It doesn’t matter if you are starting a diet or exercise plan for the first or 100th time. The point is that you want to know how to lose weight quick so that you can get rid of the unwanted fat and pounds that you’ve gained. The good news is that there are many ways that you can learn how to lose weight quick. The key is to find the right program for your lifestyle, body type and metabolism. Once you find that key, knowing how to lose weight quick is in the bag.

Believe it or not, your primary care physician may be one of the best places to start in your search for how to lose weight quick. Your doctor can refer you to a nutritionist who can take into consideration how much weight you have to lose and what eating program that you can start right away to lose the most weight possible in both a quick and safe manner.

The good thing about consulting with your doctor is that he or she will help you to avoid those unsafe quick weight loss gimmicks. You know the ones that pull water from your body but don’t teach you how to lose the fat or how to keep the weight off that you do lose.

It is important for you to understand that while there are lots of programs that teach you how to lose weight quick without exercise, however the real good ones will tell you include exercise along with your lose weight fast plan. Why is it so important?

When you include exercise in your weight loss goals it will help you to kick your metabolism into a higher gear. This in turn means you will burn fat faster and more regularly. It also means when you reach your ideal weight goal, you will keep the weight off and have a much healthier body all the way around.

Sometimes the pressure of trying to lose weight quickly can be traumatic. Try to avoid the pressure of short term weight loss ordeals. You can do this by practicing good eating habits and a healthy lifestyle on a regular basis. Then when those special occasions come around, you’ll be in your best shape for them.

Don’t beat yourself up if you can’t maintain optimum weight at all times because there are ways available that can help you to lose weight quickly when you need to. The most important aspect is that you treat your body with respect. It’s important for you to understand that you only get one body, which you need to care for as best you can.

Learning how to lose weight quick correctly is a lesson that provides benefits and rewards that can last a lifetime.

Ok having said that, you would want to know how you can get a lasting solution to your fat right now, i'll advice that you take this one step... and of course it will be very very helpful indeed and you'll be glad you did...

simply send a blank email with subject "WEIGHT LOSS HELP" to killstubbornfat21@gmail.com and you'll get valuable lessons that will help you lose weight quickly.

thanks for reading.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Meddler(f): 1:37pm On Sep 27, 2012
ikekings: Logs for yesterday:
2: pap with milk, fried egg and 3 slices of bread(breakfast)
3: 30 pieces of garden egg with ground-nut..
4: 4packets of biscuit with ground-nut
No lunch after eating all this minor things. My stomach compartments has no more memory left for lunch.
5: one cup of rice with roasted fish(the tail). For (dinner)...
6: 3litres of water..
Exercises:
80 press-ups.
20mins walk.
30mins running.
400 sit-ups(200 at a go)
Wow!! I need ur energy. I was done and out after 30 crunches, 20 squats, 15 pushups and 20 bicep curls. It sounds a lot but really takes less than 10 mins to do all that. And I'm back on d couch.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by ikekings(m): 5:39pm On Sep 27, 2012
Meddler:
Wow!! I need ur energy. I was done and out after 30 crunches, 20 squats, 15 pushups and 20 bicep curls. It sounds a lot but really takes less than 10 mins to do all that. And I'm back on d couch.
Lol... Determination is the key. Though, I'm not out to lose weight just to lose little fat and improve my biceps and abs. You can do it once you are determined.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by kandiikane(m): 6:29pm On Sep 27, 2012
I think we nEed to start seeing before and after photos.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by ikekings(m): 7:06pm On Sep 27, 2012
kandiikane: I think we nEed to start seeing before and after photos.
Lol... Why not start it?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 7:25pm On Sep 27, 2012
kandiikane: I think we nEed to start seeing before and after photos.
ikekings: Lol... Why not start it?

Perfect answer...kpa kpa kpa....
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 7:41pm On Sep 27, 2012
modath:

Now that is funnier.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 7:47pm On Sep 27, 2012
Logs for the day

8:30am - 1 cup akamu + 1.5 cups beans + 3 cubes sugar

1:50pm - 1 tangerine

1 piece of peppermint

6:30pm - 1 4" banana

7:30pm - 1 handful peanuts

Dinner will be noodles + eggs + 2 slice plantain

Exercise - 16 mins P90X2 Abs Ripper + 10 mins jump rope
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by ikekings(m): 7:59pm On Sep 27, 2012
modath:

Lol.. Very funny..
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by ikekings(m): 8:02pm On Sep 27, 2012
Hour_Glass:
Exercise - 16 mins P90X2 Abs Ripper

What do you mean by this ”P90X2“?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 8:09pm On Sep 27, 2012
ikekings: What do you mean by this ”P90X2“?

Workout DVD by Bob Harper
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by ikekings(m): 8:13pm On Sep 27, 2012
Hour_Glass:

Workout DVD by Bob Harper
Hmmmm... Nice..
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by opella(f): 8:19pm On Sep 27, 2012
Today's log
breakfast- Tea and biscuit
12.30pm- a hand ful of cooked g/nut
5.30pm- noodles(indomie)
p/s: i was so weak and tired in the morning so couldnt exercise.

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (230) (Reply)

Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. / Nigerian Herbs- Uses, Local Names And Pictures / Dew Bottled Water Causing Deaths In Nigeria? HOAX

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.