Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,741 members, 7,831,365 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight - Health (153) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight (329000 Views)

Best Food Routine For Loosing Weight? / Guys You Need Abs, Just 30 Days Daily Exercise For A Start / Jogging Sit Ups Push Ups. . .whats Your Daily Exercise Routine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 6:49am On Sep 25, 2012
ikekings: Jezz!!! 2 cups of fried rice? That's huge ooo...

how huge is huge my brother? I love to know ooo
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by ikekings(m): 9:25am On Sep 25, 2012
Hour_Glass:

how huge is huge my brother? I love to know ooo
Very huge for me... I can't even finish one cup...
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by mightlove(f): 9:39am On Sep 25, 2012
ikekings: Very huge for me... I can't even finish one cup...
@ikeking, are you sure u cant finishing 1 cup? The 1 cup i believe is measured after cooking and not before its cooked oh. So better put, 2 cups of cooked fried rice(measured after cooking).
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by ikekings(m): 10:10am On Sep 25, 2012
mightlove:
@ikeking, are you sure u cant finishing 1 cup? The 1 cup i believe is measured after cooking and not before its cooked oh. So better put, 2 cups of cooked fried rice(measured after cooking).
I know.. That's what I'm saying i can't finish one cup...
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by uche13: 10:27am On Sep 25, 2012
Hallos everyone

@HG, I see you oh!

Back and better. Never to derail again

Exercise of yesterday 2,000 skips grin

Welcome new members.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 11:55am On Sep 25, 2012
ikekings: I know.. That's what I'm saying i can't finish one cup...

I perceive you are not saying the truth, or better still you are allegic to rice or something.

ikekings:
4:00pm: 10 spoons of rice and stew.

You just shot yasef on the toe, 9 leveled spoons makes a cup, so how do you justify the above.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 12:19pm On Sep 25, 2012
uche13:
@HG, I see you oh!

I dey my sister trying do what ave gat to do.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 1:29pm On Sep 25, 2012
embarassed Nobody is responding to me , am new here. I asked if I am on d rite track yesterday, no response. Am on the 1,200 calories daily, I took orange, banana, apple dis morning. Mid lunch, boiled titus fish and snail, a cup of skimmed milk and cashew nuts, Dinner: am taking fruits, pawpaw, watermelon and grape, and mayb cashew nut if hungry. I need suggestions, am I on d rite track. Started last week from 73.5kg now am 70kg and am goung to atleast 60kg by nov ending. Pls responses
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by ikekings(m): 1:49pm On Sep 25, 2012
Hour_Glass:

I perceive you are not saying the truth, or better still you are allegic to rice or something.

You just shot yasef on the toe, 9 leveled spoons makes a cup, so how do you justify the above.
Lol... Am not ooo lying... One cup of rice= 9 spoons of rice... I doubt it..
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by uche13: 2:35pm On Sep 25, 2012
@002

Sorry dear, I believe no one set out to ignore you. Just an omission. Oya smile now grin.
Personally I think you should make that target a December one. What we "preach" here mostly is that we try as much as possible to go on a diet that is sustainable. From your log, I doubt if you are even eating up to 1,200 cals. I may be wrong though. Also, do u work out?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by ronkebp(f): 3:01pm On Sep 25, 2012
002: embarassed Nobody is responding to me , am new here. I asked if I am on d rite track yesterday, no response. Am on the 1,200 calories daily, I took orange, banana, apple dis morning. Mid lunch, boiled titus fish and snail, a cup of skimmed milk and cashew nuts, Dinner: am taking fruits, pawpaw, watermelon and grape, and mayb cashew nut if hungry. I need suggestions, am I on d rite track. Started last week from 73.5kg now am 70kg and am goung to atleast 60kg by nov ending. Pls responses

you need to increase your calorie intake, what you have listed i don't think is up to 1200 calories, all you have to do is workout..to burn fats and tone your body. when you starve yourself, you have a tricky way of loosing the weight, but trust me to gain it back.....eat well, you can eat a real food (put tyhe quantity into consideration) and use fruits as a dessert for every meal, that will increase your fiber at every meal....but working out and doing lots of cardio is the best way to loose weight.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 3:14pm On Sep 25, 2012
Thanks for the reply. Guess I need to register back @ d gymn.tot I cud loose weight with no exercise, but I move a lot at work, like climbing stair case.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by ronkebp(f): 3:18pm On Sep 25, 2012
that is fine, but imagine if the climbing of staircase is equivalent to 300 calories burnt?. for you to actually burn between 500-700 calories at times you need up to 1hr workout...so there is nothing wrong in dedicating 30 minutes to keeping fit, you can incorporate dance, yoga, pilates and so on.

1 Like

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by ikekings(m): 3:19pm On Sep 25, 2012
I'm confused... Losing weight and losing body fat.. Are they the same thing?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 3:47pm On Sep 25, 2012
@002 sorry for the oversight, Uche and ronke have said all. Try to start only what you can sustain for a long time, we encourage ourselves here to stop dieting and start living.

@ ike, check your measurements well, you will get it. I have cups and various measurements on my dining table/kitchen so when I log just take it for the truth, I read it and I experiment it.

Yeah losing weight is wide, it can be water weight, it could be muscle weight, it could be body fat. The best to lose is your body fat, it keeps you healthy, sane and lean.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by ikekings(m): 3:52pm On Sep 25, 2012
Thanks mademoiselle or sir for the enlightenment...
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by taitee(f): 4:11pm On Sep 25, 2012
hey people.... wink. all newmembers a warm welcome 2 u, u found d rite thread.... wink
@002 u need to increase ur food intake or ull get weak n hungry den overeat, so reduce ur food servings instead n avoid fatty foods, processed food, n sugary foods as muc as possible. eat low calorie foods instead like moimoi, potatoes low fat milk etc den eat fruits as snacks. drink lots of water n walk or climb more stairs. also cardio exerises like taebo will really help.den get determined nt t oveereat, forget about ur weigt jus concentate on doin d above den nxt time u chek d scale ull be suprised u av lost weight.

p.s 15 kg in 2 monts is really hardwork ooo, lost my 10kg in more dan 3 mnths..though u may be luckier in bout oh jus start frm somwhr n see hw it goes. best of luck!
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by taitee(f): 4:15pm On Sep 25, 2012
log for todae
b: 1 wrap of moimoi
l: 1 pancake wit chiken
snack: 1 apple
d: macaroni with lots of salad n i fried fish
if i get ungry later, mite eat apple n drink tea
nt bin exercisin cos of my busy schedule buh ill try to incoporate yoga though. wait sef hw many calories can 1 burn with yoga?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by ikekings(m): 4:18pm On Sep 25, 2012
taitee: log for todae
b: 1 wrap of moimoi
l: 1 pancake wit chiken
snack: 1 apple
d: macaroni with lots of salad n i fried fish
if i get ungry later, mite eat apple n drink tea
nt bin exercisin cos of my busy schedule buh ill try to incoporate yoga though. wait sef hw many calories can 1 burn with yoga?
3 calories... Try running you will burn 300calories straight.. Works like magic...
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 5:49pm On Sep 25, 2012
Infact uv all really helped me, am just kinda discouraged abt gym, I was 70kg in july I went to gym paid 15k and by d end of d month it dint even change. Dats y I made up my mind dat until I can discipline my food intake den gym is a waste. Leaving house 7am and closing by 5pm, gymning is like money wastin, cos I ended up spending i hour dere. Av tried so many ways, I used body magic, bought gr2 control, all dint work for me. But since I started dis fruit, vegetables and protein food, my apetite has reduced, I don't even crave for heavy meals any more.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 8:25pm On Sep 25, 2012
002: embarassed Nobody is responding to me , am new here. I asked if I am on d rite track yesterday, no response. Am on the 1,200 calories daily, I took orange, banana, apple dis morning. Mid lunch, boiled titus fish and snail, a cup of skimmed milk and cashew nuts, Dinner: am taking fruits, pawpaw, watermelon and grape, and mayb cashew nut if hungry. I need suggestions, am I on d rite track. Started last week from 73.5kg now am 70kg and am goung to atleast 60kg by nov ending. Pls responses

@002, I hope I am not asking for too much but please what are you loosing weight for? I had to ask because what you have above is very unrealistic forever o,
Lets do some little analysis
10kg in 2 months is quite doable, because if you loose like 2 pounds per week (healthy loss) you may not get to 10kg loss exactly but you will be close. To do 10kg in 2 months it will be like 3lbs per week = 1.4kg per week in the next 8 weeks.

Now you need to understand what water weight is which maybe the initial weight loss, to actually get to where you are going you need to eat better than the log you have above (please do not eat like me o), as in increase your intake if not your weight will plateau sooner than expected because the body may enter starvation mode and at the this stage the body holds on to all the fat it can get, all the energy it can draw just to keep you active and functional (even your brain needs calories lol). So if you decided to do away with simple carbs totally then you have to do more on your proteins and complex carbs like whole grains stuff (e.g. wheatmeal, wheat bread) have your egg whites beside you handy, use olive oil instead, just keep everything healthy and portioned.
Don't throw the gym away, instead of paying for a month, can't you do daily payments? So that your Saturdays and Sundays are your main days, use the elliptical trainer instead of treadmill, use the stationary bike instead of treadmill, use some weights, spend like 2 solid-no-joke-sweaty hours in the gym. Try to log here daily and then you will be fine. please note if you diet/starve to loose weight and in a too drastic mode, you wont like what your face will look like later.

Sorry for the long post

1 Like

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 8:38pm On Sep 25, 2012
Logs for today

7:30am - 3 slices of bread + 1 egg scrambled + 1 mug of beverage (no sugar)

12:00pm - 3/4 glass yogurt

5 pieces peppermint (snacks)

5:15pm - 1 tangerine

7:15pm - 1 tangerine, 1 handful of peanuts

Dinner - 2 slices of yam + eggs

Exercise - Nil (Missed workout today, woke up late but made up by walking most places today instead of using the cab, I wish there were steps to climb like 002)

See you all later.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 9:32pm On Sep 25, 2012
Hour_Glass:

@002, I hope I am not asking for too much but please what are you loosing weight for? I had to ask because what you have above is very unrealistic forever o,
Lets do some little analysis
10kg in 2 months is quite doable, because if you loose like 2 pounds per week (healthy loss) you may not get to 10kg loss exactly but you will be close. To do 10kg in 2 months it will be like 3lbs per week = 1.4kg per week in the next 8 weeks.

Now you need to understand what water weight is which maybe the initial weight loss, to actually get to where you are going you need to eat better than the log you have above (please do not eat like me o), as in increase your intake if not your weight will plateau sooner than expected because the body may enter starvation mode and at the this stage the body holds on to all the fat it can get, all the energy it can draw just to keep you active and functional (even your brain needs calories lol). So if you decided to do away with simple carbs totally then you have to do more on your proteins and complex carbs like whole grains stuff (e.g. wheatmeal, wheat bread) have your egg whites beside you handy, use olive oil instead, just keep everything healthy and portioned.
Don't throw the gym away, instead of paying for a month, can't you do daily payments? So that your Saturdays and Sundays are your main days, use the elliptical trainer instead of treadmill, use the stationary bike instead of treadmill, use some weights, spend like 2 solid-no-joke-sweaty hours in the gym. Try to log here daily and then you will be fine. please note if you diet/starve to loose weight and in a too drastic mode, you wont like what your face will look like later.

Sorry for the long post
waoh, thanks. I dint no , thanks so much. The goals are so unrealistic, very very. Can I loose 5kg in 2 months den. I don't like cereal,it is well thanks.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 9:38pm On Sep 25, 2012
002: waoh, thanks. I dint no , thanks so much. The goals are so unrealistic, very very. Can I loose 5kg in 2 months den. I don't like cereal,it is well thanks.

5kg looks good, you can really do that. Another question what is you height?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by opella(f): 9:48pm On Sep 25, 2012
Log for today
30 mins jogging, 300 skips
7.30am- Tea
12.30pm- 2 cups of cooked g/nut
4.30pm- A plate of jellof rice and beef
8.00pm- garden egg
I checked my weight today and i weighed 2kg less.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 9:53pm On Sep 25, 2012
opella: Log for today
30 mins jogging, 300 skips
7.30am- Tea
12.30pm- 2 cups of cooked g/nut
4.30pm- A plate of jellof rice and beef
8.00pm- garden egg
I checked my weight today and i weighed 2kg less.

I hope you know the calorie content of the highlighted may be almost equal to your standard jollof rice with beef serving
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by opella(f): 10:06pm On Sep 25, 2012
agabaI23:

I hope you know the calorie content of the highlighted may be almost equal to your standard jollof rice with beef serving
I dont really know, i took it because i was very hungry.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by sab2: 10:08pm On Sep 25, 2012
Boost your immune system with Vitamin C Sustained Released with the power of 4 oranges

Nowadays, the optimal levels of nutrients known to provide health benefits are significantly greater than those suggested by the RDA levels. For example, studies show that the optimal level of vitamin C is approximately 1200 to 2000 mg daily, while the RDA is only 60 mg. the body cannot produce or store vitamin C and for proper immune functioning to fight infections and for optimal levels of cellular nutrition, you’d need to eat 17 kiwifruit, or 18 oranges, or 160 apples! But with our Natural Vitamin C forms up to 2000% more collagen than synthetic Vitamin C (Synthetic Vit C passed out 85% through urine as unused Vitamin C within an hour after intake
1. Vitamin C deficiency leads to calcium deficiency collagen levels are lowered, bones are weakened and break easier
2. Regular bruises and injuries call for additional Vitamin C eg SPORTMAN CONSTRUCTION WORKERS, INDUSTIAL WORKERS etc. builds healthy collagen and assures firm skin.
3. Strengthens blood vessels and veins
4. Prevents colds, bleeding gums, bleeding noses, bad digestion and stress
5. The effect of Vitamin C with bioflavonoids for better results.
6. CAUTION: a pregnant woman must not take more than 500mg per day because of the unborn baby

for more info call 08185797646 or email getguideinfo@gmail.com
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 10:51pm On Sep 25, 2012
My height is 5.1 feet
Hour_Glass:

5kg looks good, you can really do that. Another question what is you height?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 3:56am On Sep 26, 2012
002: My height is 5.1 feet

ok, I see why you insist on 60kg. It is actually at that range that your healthy BMI stands. Just as I said earlier it is good to get there but not so quick. Just start a healthy habit with small steps (like have your portioned fruggies per day, at 8 glasses of water, keep your body moving etc) and be ready to sustain it longer than November sef. When you make it a lifestyle, you are more calm, you are happy and we are also happy.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 8:10am On Sep 26, 2012
Thanks for the response, log for today, mornin- rice beans egg and a small mea(50naira rice, 50 beans), afternoon- water and apple, Dinner-cashew nuts and diced fruits, am I ok now?
Hour_Glass:

ok, I see why you insist on 60kg. It is actually at that range that your healthy BMI stands. Just as I said earlier it is good to get there but not so quick. Just start a healthy habit with small steps (like have your portioned fruggies per day, at 8 glasses of water, keep your body moving etc) and be ready to sustain it longer than November sef. When you make it a lifestyle, you are more calm, you are happy and we are also happy.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 9:24am On Sep 26, 2012
002: Thanks for the response, log for today, mornin- rice beans egg and a small mea(50naira rice, 50 beans), afternoon- water and apple, Dinner-cashew nuts and diced fruits, am I ok now?

You doing good my sista, we shall all get there safely. I love your dinner, never tried fruits and nuts before, I may put a little yoghurt in mine sha to spice it up, (as a lady said "we all love food, we only love it in different ways"wink.

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (230) (Reply)

Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. / Nigerian Herbs- Uses, Local Names And Pictures / Dew Bottled Water Causing Deaths In Nigeria? HOAX

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.