Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,098 members, 7,852,726 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 03:12 AM

Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight - Health (167) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight (330292 Views)

Best Food Routine For Loosing Weight? / Guys You Need Abs, Just 30 Days Daily Exercise For A Start / Jogging Sit Ups Push Ups. . .whats Your Daily Exercise Routine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 10:45am On Nov 23, 2012
Thursday Log

8am: 2 sandwiches and a mug of green tea

11:30 am 1/2 cup of rice + moin moin

8:pm. 60naira bread + 4 akara balls (late + heavy dinner if u ask me, but I was very hungry)

Exercise: 20mins walk
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 10:46am On Nov 23, 2012
Thursday Log

8am: 2 sandwiches and a mug of green tea

11:30 am 1/2 cup of rice + moin moin

8:pm. 60naira bread + 4 akara balls (late + heavy dinner if u ask me, but I was very hungry)

Exercise: 20mins walk

Friday's Log

8am : 2 sandwiches + 4 tablespoons of fruit salad(water melon, pineapple, orange + apples)

Concluding part of the log would be posted tonight
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 11:04am On Nov 23, 2012
modath:
1kg in three weeks and you are not pleased?.. lipsrsealed @ what weight and measurement(s) did you commence?

I was 105kg when I started and I'm 104 now.... I dint take body measurements ooh except for the fact that I realized that some clothes that I wear with Body Magic b4 like 2 of them, I no longer wear them with body magic. But I intend increasing the intensity of my workouts as from 2day and would incorporate swimming. I was thinking I could lose like 2-3kg in 3wks. Are my expectations too high and am I doing just fine?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 2:49pm On Nov 23, 2012
@Yinx,
I am clapping for you right now,you do realise that the main goal is to lose body fat ;translatin to smaller clothing sizes?, that you are getting there slowly but surely.
The scale is a small part of the story(it might even be that you have more water in your body as at the time you stepped on it) shouldn't even dim the light behind your eyes when you think of how fitter you are, the kind of choices you make on a daily basis & how better your cloth fits.
Height and measurements so we can keep tracks of your progress.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 5:03pm On Nov 23, 2012
modath: @Yinx,
I am clapping for you right now,you do realise that the main goal is to lose body fat ;translatin to smaller clothing sizes?, that you are getting there slowly but surely.
The scale is a small part of the story(it might even be that you have more water in your body as at the time you stepped on it) shouldn't even dim the light behind your eyes when you think of how fitter you are, the kind of choices you make on a daily basis & how better your cloth fits.
Height and measurements so we can keep tracks of your progress.

Yippie......... I'm not stopping oooh. Ve started learning how to swim spent 1hr 15mins inside the pool today. So that'll count for my exercises today.

Conclusion of Friday Log

Lunch. 1:30pm 50naira bread+ moin moin

4pm. One mug of chapman+ one bottle smirnoff

Exercise 1hr15mins of learning how to swim

Dinner would be a bowl of fruit salad + water and a mug of green tea.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 5:15pm On Nov 23, 2012
hi all, i can see we all doing fine except me and agaby and mody are not checking after me. I forgive you sha, lol. I am feeling lot better today as I resumed back to work but no workout yet. With just two days of malaria, I sabi am for body. I fink its stress and nothing else.

Yinkus, welcome to the club once again. I can see you already swimming with the sharks. Take care.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 6:31pm On Nov 23, 2012
@yinx
Methinks WE are consuming too much white flour and sugary/carbonated drinks, Moderation is key.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 6:41pm On Nov 23, 2012
Do you want to hear this or not? Modath is my Bestest friend on this Nairaland.

What can I say, am so surprised and I feel well right now believe me. Thanks for the love, its highly appreciated. Thank You. grin
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 7:09pm On Nov 23, 2012
modath: @yinx
Methinks WE are consuming too much white flour and sugary/carbonated drinks, Moderation is key.

Me think so too.... The sugary drinks was a slip of "long throat" but I can ditch 'em. That's easy..... Bread!!!! I so much love it but the healthier options tastes like crap!!! I have no choice other than sticking to the healthy ones if I want the weight to fall off.... Plus how good do u think Basmati Rice is @ Modath

@Hour_Glass..... Heheheheheheh omo plenty sharks full there oo black and yellow sharks, yoruba and ibo sharks but I had fun and felt very heavy after stepping outta d water. Howz ur health now I myt nt be ur NL bestie but make me sef famz small... I loff u too nah *winks* oya stop blushing cuz I know u are doing exactly that
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Udee1(f): 7:13pm On Nov 23, 2012
Pls i need some indoor exercise tips. I'm a corper and d area i'm currently serving is reserved and not so busy, which makes it scary for me to go out jogging. I'm afraid someone might jump me from d bushes undecided. My room is quite small so i'm worried d little exercise i might b able to do indoors may not give much results. Pls help! I dont want to grow twice my size b4 my service year is over.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 9:45pm On Nov 23, 2012
U-dee:
Pls i need some indoor exercise tips. I'm a corper and d area i'm currently serving is reserved and not so busy, which makes it scary for me to go out jogging. I'm afraid someone might jump me from d bushes undecided. My room is quite small so i'm worried d little exercise i might b able to do indoors may not give much results. Pls help! I dont want to grow twice my size b4 my service year is over.

Too many restrictions for you alone. To begin with can you look for a skipping rope and do some early monring jumps. Let's start from there, if after a week nobody wraps the rope around your neck , lol, then we know all is well (pls don't mind my jokes). What about marching in place with some weights on your hands/jogging in place nko/jumping jacks should be ok too. See by the time you do 10mins of each of these, you will be burning the calories.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by taitee(f): 9:49pm On Nov 23, 2012
b: rice beans nd chicken without d skin
l: same
supper: garri n sugar
dinner: bread eggs n tea

i eat small quantities so i eat more often.
exercise: few pressups...im resuming

@yinox well done, d fact dat ur seeing changes in ur clothing is beta dan wat d scale tells u, keep it up!

1 Like

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Udee1(f): 10:33pm On Nov 23, 2012
Hour_Glass:

Too many restrictions for you alone. To begin with can you look for a skipping rope and do some early monring jumps. Let's start from there, if after a week nobody wraps the rope around your neck , lol, then we know all is well (pls don't mind my jokes). What about marching in place with some weights on your hands/jogging in place nko/jumping jacks should be ok too. See by the time you do 10mins of each of these, you will be burning the calories.

Thanks, i had thought of all these just wasn't sure if i would be doing enough or how much was actually enough. Don't mind me jare, i'm paranoid like dat lol
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 10:42pm On Nov 23, 2012
U-dee:
Since you can run outside cos you fear idiots and your room is small, I suggest you push the wall until it gives way. if you do that every day, you surely will lose weight.

Get a video like Jilian or insanity dvd. You will require not too much space. You can as well raise your bed every time you wanna do. At least it will help you keep under there clean
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 5:59am On Nov 24, 2012
yinx007:
Me think so too.... The sugary drinks was a slip of "long throat" but I can ditch 'em. That's easy..Bread!!!! I so much love it but the healthier options tastes like crap!!! I have no choice other than sticking to the healthy ones if I want the weight to fall off.... Plus how good do u think Basmati Rice is

Yinx,
POSITIVE things are difficult to adhere to, be it Faith in God,forgiving backstabbing friends, getting up during fierce harmattan to go exercise, rejecting mouth watering calorie dense delicacies @ outings to name few.
The reason you don't see a lot of people doing the right stuff is cos its alien to the body and spirit, its extremely difficult but you've to really want to see a change.
Basmati and Ofada rice are good.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 6:06am On Nov 24, 2012
Yinx,
Moderation is the key cos nothing is completely bad,HG eats her plantain regularly but she puts it into consideration when she's doing overall calorie ratio.
Potato is good boiled but not when it gets popped into a deep fryer and turns to chip and slathered with ketch up,moin moin is better than akara cos of the frying process..
Yinx,take each step @ a time, slow it may be surely you'll get to your goal of 75kg(you still didn't let us know your height)in no time.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 6:11am On Nov 24, 2012
@U-Dee,
HG and Agaba have clearly outlined what you need to do,moreover don't be scared of the outdoors, I'm sure no one is going to kill you unless your pa is one of Agaba's bros.. cheesy
Welcome.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 6:37am On Nov 24, 2012
modath: Yinx,
Moderation is the key cos nothing is completely bad,HG eats her plantain regularly but she puts it into consideration when she's doing overall calorie ratio.

Abi my sister, I was in a store yesterday and I saw non-stick frying spray. I learned is a good option for my plantain at least better than soaking it in oil always. I hope I can use for the eggs too.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 6:51am On Nov 24, 2012
modath: Yinx,
Potato is good boiled but not when it gets popped into a deep fryer and turns to chip and slathered with ketch up,moin moin is better than akara cos of the frying process..
Yinx,take each step @ a time, slow it may be surely you'll get to your goal of 75kg(you still didn't let us know your height)in no time.

@Modath.... I'm 5ft 7in as at my last height check.... Moi moin checked.. I'll switch to Ofada rice and Basmati for the time being before I go for the almighty awful tasting Brown rice. I've stopped late night eating tho... I'm aware of the good old potatoes too... I shld get some today. Come Dec 1st no white rice or carbonated drink crosses my lips. I'm losing 5kg in December whether I like it or not. Thanks dear.

@Hour_Glass.... Thanks pls go use the non stick frying spray and give us feedback but generally, I feel if one must fry, Olive oil/Canola Oil is the best. Ve used Olive oil b4 and it doesn't reek my foods with that "Anointing Oil" kinda smell. There's the cooking olive oil. But ve nt tried Canola Oil and when I googled it, the responses I got were nt favourable enough for me.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 6:55am On Nov 24, 2012
U-dee:

Step 1.... Get a skipping rope
Step 2.... Eat healthy
Step 3 .... Get an exercise mat
Step 4 ... Do regular sit ups, bicycle crunch, elevated push ups
U can google those ones on the internet. Good luck
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by opella(f): 11:11am On Nov 24, 2012
Good day house,
it's been quite long, i actually stopped logging when i gained back the weight i suffered to lose, wen i went on a week holiday, what's the point of exercising when i gain back weight as fast as i lose it?
Anyways am back on track now, my major problem is my thighs, please what type of exercise can i indulge in to help firm my thighs?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 12:18pm On Nov 24, 2012
Saturday Log

8am 1 banana
Exercise 2hrs
20mins treadmill
15mins Rowing machine
5mins bicycle crunch
30mins dancing(vigorously oooo)
5laps x 400m track
25 situps and 60skips

Phew I'm so tired

Breakfast 11:50am
40g of all bran flakes+three crowns milk no sugar, 50cl water + 2bananas and small peanuts.

Lunch
Not yet time for lunch but I'll be having a fist size of wheat + plenty vegetables and water

Log would be completed by evening
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 1:02pm On Nov 24, 2012
opella: Good day house,
it's been quite long, i actually stopped logging when i gained back the weight i suffered to lose, wen i went on a week holiday, what's the point of exercising when i gain back weight as fast as i lose it?
Anyways am back on track now, my major problem is my thighs, please what type of exercise can i indulge in to help firm my thighs?

welcome back, try squats/hip abduction/running and other workouts that uses the thighs as the major muscle group. Take care. Remember, going on in a weight loss journey involves a will and not the scale.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 1:16pm On Nov 24, 2012
Good afternoon everyone,

I am happy to inform you all that I have entered into the 75kg range, though its precisely 75.9kg, am so happy to see 75 at all, I know I am the one to conquer the weights and not the other way round. About fat loss, you can only imagine, I had not compare photos for sometimes now but one thing I see everytime and happy about are my collarbones they are even more pronounced in my pics now (remind me to bring it on come Dec 31st this year). So what can I say am happy with myself and am happy I never gave up.

Back to workouts today

54 mins with Tony Horton (P90X2).
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 3:43pm On Nov 24, 2012
Who has the insanity dvd? I tried to download and noticed that the size is too much-over 12GB.

How can I get a copy? I think I like the routine there wink
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 3:44pm On Nov 24, 2012
Hour_Glass: Good afternoon everyone,

I am happy to inform you all that I have entered into the 75kg range, though its precisely 75.9kg, am so happy to see 75 at all, I know I am the one to conquer the weights and not the other way round. About fat loss, you can only imagine, I had not compare photos for sometimes now but one thing I see everytime and happy about are my collarbones they are even more pronounced in my pics now (remind me to bring it on come Dec 31st this year). So what can I say am happy with myself and am happy I never gave up.

Back to workouts today

54 mins with Tony Horton (P90X2).

Good for us. I told you you can do it.Well done my dear
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 6:08pm On Nov 24, 2012
@HG,
"First of all go down low"while dancing azonto& etighi,75kg(don't care about .whatever)is gbaski,I am sure you were just over the moon when the number showed up....*still giving nyanya my waist right here*
Bravo! cheesy
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 7:06pm On Nov 24, 2012
'ooooohhhh komole, I still dey gbe so ke', he dey make me mad ooooo.

Thank you, thank you. I would not have ever done it without you guys, I really owe it to everyone on this thread.

*sliding away in azonto dance*.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 7:11pm On Nov 24, 2012
agabaI23: Who has the insanity dvd? I tried to download and noticed that the size is too much-over 12GB.

How can I get a copy? I think I like the routine there wink

I love you more than this o, Shaun T go kill you o, i don talk my own, lol.

Anyways what makes 12gig too much. What netwerk do you use? It will only take days but it will finish one day if youve gat the patience. I do not have it sha and for now am not interested.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 8:51pm On Nov 24, 2012
Hour_Glass:

Anyways what makes 12gig too much. What netwerk do you use? It will only take days but it will finish one day if youve gat the patience. I do not have it sha and for now am not interested.
I think it is foolishness to download 12GB for around 15K. I don't know how much the dvd costs. If I know the price, and it is more than 60 pounds then I will download but anything less I will go for the dvd.

My network is fast and it can finish in a matter of hours.
I love you tooo wink
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 8:56pm On Nov 24, 2012
HG,
I need those P90x and insanity DVDs in my life as soon as possible,how do I make it happen with immediate pajawiri??
I don't want to download cos
1.I don't have the patience.
2.I need to work out to a TV,comp screen just won't cut it.
Can't you burn them for me ?? *making flirty eyes @ you*...
Me first before your *****boy ooo, he has connections in "high"places.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 8:59pm On Nov 24, 2012
Hour_Glass:

Sweets if you have it lets talk. How can I gerrit kiss

Mody, Mody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (230) (Reply)

Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. / Nigerian Herbs- Uses, Local Names And Pictures / Dew Bottled Water Causing Deaths In Nigeria? HOAX

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.