Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,988 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:47 AM

I Am Not Attracted To My Husband – I Love Him Like A Brother - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Am Not Attracted To My Husband – I Love Him Like A Brother (2925 Views)

So What,if He Is Old Enough To Be My Father.i Am Not Attracted To My Mates / This Woman Baths Her Husband And Feeds Him Like A Baby (photos) / I'm Not Attracted To My Girlfriend Anymore, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Not Attracted To My Husband – I Love Him Like A Brother by dlivefeeds: 11:44pm On Jan 03, 2016
My husband and I married when we were 21 and I was his first sexual partner. I love him as my best friend but, despite still having sexual urges, I no longer feel attracted to him. I first told him six years ago and he was devastated, so I have kept my feelings quiet since. We went on to have two children as I felt I should just get on with life. He is a hard worker, a good father, a loving husband and we share similar tastes. He is no chauvinist and always treats me as an equal when it comes to housework and money. We are intimate as I do not want to deprive him of a sexual relationship, but I tend to switch off. Divorce is very frowned upon in our social community, but I can’t imagine spending the rest of my life with somebody who I view as a brother. I appreciate sexual attraction can wane, but we are in our early thirties and I still feel young. I can’t discuss the subject as I know it still upsets him. He tells me I am the love of his life. I desperately want to avoid hurting him and our very young children, but I don’t know what to do.

Help! - http://www.thelivefeeds.com/i-am-not-attracted-to-my-husband-i-love-him-like-a-brother/

CC: lalasticlala,sihilove

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Attracted To My Husband – I Love Him Like A Brother by Behira(f): 11:46pm On Jan 03, 2016
Okai
Re: I Am Not Attracted To My Husband – I Love Him Like A Brother by TrapLORD(m): 11:51pm On Jan 03, 2016
LOOL!! Even husbands can now be "brother zoned" gringringrin

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Attracted To My Husband – I Love Him Like A Brother by Blunttalker: 11:53pm On Jan 03, 2016
Sweet Jesus... Mother of God
Re: I Am Not Attracted To My Husband – I Love Him Like A Brother by Michellla(f): 11:55pm On Jan 03, 2016
TrapLORD:
lol grin

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Attracted To My Husband – I Love Him Like A Brother by czarr(m): 11:55pm On Jan 03, 2016
^^^lol @brotherzoned grin

But seriously nothing seems to have meaning again, no point of anything.

Marriage is not a must people.

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Attracted To My Husband – I Love Him Like A Brother by sulmeza(m): 12:05am On Jan 04, 2016
hmmm..dis one is strng..."eleeyi gidigan'.....women are jst a bunch of confused beings...na wao
Re: I Am Not Attracted To My Husband – I Love Him Like A Brother by jopretty(f): 12:06am On Jan 04, 2016
I won't say you made a mistake marrying him but you should have stuck to your words when you told him you were no longer attracted to him. You married him out of pity which shouldn't be. But from the way you've decribed his person, men like him are hard to come by, a man with whom you've had 2 kids with is not a brother. Pls, work on your mind cos that's where the magic starts;tell yourself each day that you can reciprocate his love, desire him and when you're intimate with him, tell your mind to live in that moment and enjoy it, gradually that flame will come back. Our minds work wonders!

6 Likes

Re: I Am Not Attracted To My Husband – I Love Him Like A Brother by sulmeza(m): 12:07am On Jan 04, 2016
TrapLORD:
lol..brotherzoned indeed grin
Re: I Am Not Attracted To My Husband – I Love Him Like A Brother by MathsChic(f): 12:10am On Jan 04, 2016
This is a weird one
Re: I Am Not Attracted To My Husband – I Love Him Like A Brother by Kingsasian(m): 12:12am On Jan 04, 2016
This na brotherhood of marriage o.
Re: I Am Not Attracted To My Husband – I Love Him Like A Brother by donholy28(m): 12:25am On Jan 04, 2016
this only happens when u become attracted to someone else outside ur marriage....who is it?

4 Likes

Re: I Am Not Attracted To My Husband – I Love Him Like A Brother by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:35am On Jan 04, 2016
you signed for better for worse, better sit down and enjoy it.
Re: I Am Not Attracted To My Husband – I Love Him Like A Brother by Nobody: 12:48am On Jan 04, 2016
Op ....you forgot to call lalasticlala.....
Re: I Am Not Attracted To My Husband – I Love Him Like A Brother by Atlantian: 1:52am On Jan 04, 2016
Sexual love expires. Sex doesnt. Even the next partner you will meet will eventually become like a brother after about 7 years.

Sexual fantasy is an unending desire for non-depletable resource.

The fact that you dont know these things seems to me that you are totally ignorant about what marriage is. It is not a union for sex fantasy, but an assembly of like minds for procreation of human kind.

Why not get occasional Bleep from your driver or security guards. some women sef.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not Attracted To My Husband – I Love Him Like A Brother by Nobody: 2:21am On Jan 04, 2016
TrapLORD:
That's the new world we now live in
Re: I Am Not Attracted To My Husband – I Love Him Like A Brother by sundoj08(m): 2:27am On Jan 04, 2016
Im sure next one's gon be ---->Help i am in love with my wife angry

Enough of all this crap stories
Re: I Am Not Attracted To My Husband – I Love Him Like A Brother by jonagaga(m): 7:03am On Jan 04, 2016
mtcheeew madam abeq leave trash for lawma
Re: I Am Not Attracted To My Husband – I Love Him Like A Brother by Jayjay0(m): 7:13am On Jan 04, 2016
Ooh my God undecided

Go ahead and divorce and remain single for life. You are not Kim kardashian
Re: I Am Not Attracted To My Husband – I Love Him Like A Brother by Godswillnwaoma(m): 7:22am On Jan 04, 2016
God please don't allow me marry this kind of lady in Jesus name. Someone should please say amen naaaa

Re: I Am Not Attracted To My Husband – I Love Him Like A Brother by smsshola(m): 7:26am On Jan 04, 2016
Since 1814 I av com to realised that the most confused animal God created is woman...If ur hubby is what u describe him to be and still u dey look fo something else outside.

The truth is u need to leave trash for Lawma.
Re: I Am Not Attracted To My Husband – I Love Him Like A Brother by Abbey2sam(m): 7:59am On Jan 04, 2016
dlivefeeds:
My husband and I married when we were 21 and I was his first sexual partner. I love him as my best friend but, despite still having sexual urges, I no longer feel attracted to him. I first told him six years ago and he was devastated, so I have kept my feelings quiet since. We went on to have two children as I felt I should just get on with life. He is a hard worker, a good father, a loving husband and we share similar tastes. He is no chauvinist and always treats me as an equal when it comes to housework and money. We are intimate as I do not want to deprive him of a sexual relationship, but I tend to switch off. Divorce is very frowned upon in our social community, but I can’t imagine spending the rest of my life with somebody who I view as a brother. I appreciate sexual attraction can wane, but we are in our early thirties and I still feel young. I can’t discuss the subject as I know it still upsets him. He tells me I am the love of his life. I desperately want to avoid hurting him and our very young children, but I don’t know what to do.

Help! - http://www.thelivefeeds.com/i-am-not-attracted-to-my-husband-i-love-him-like-a-brother/

Iranu abasha, trash, why you dey call lalasticlala? nah lawma get your case
Re: I Am Not Attracted To My Husband – I Love Him Like A Brother by defendedvictim(m): 8:07am On Jan 04, 2016
Ur husband has been friendzoned..too bad for d brother! cry

Exactly why he should stop being a nice guy

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Attracted To My Husband – I Love Him Like A Brother by Nobody: 8:18am On Jan 04, 2016
Mtchewwwwwuuuuuu
Re: I Am Not Attracted To My Husband – I Love Him Like A Brother by firstking01(m): 8:21am On Jan 04, 2016
OMG...women and mood swinging cry...at first u where sexually attracted to him, nw the attraction don die...hw on earth do u want us to help u?...u 've lost ur attraction for him, and frm d way i see it, u 've made up ur mind..btw, i see him as a brother...d statement got me discombobulatedsad...hw can a wife see her husband as a brother to her...i smell a rat here @postersad

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not Attracted To My Husband – I Love Him Like A Brother by Afrok(m): 8:44am On Jan 04, 2016
Eleyii gidi gan an...
Even if WOMEN 101 is added to the courses been taught in the university, trust me to the highest degree attainable in the Uni, understanding women will still be the most different thing on earth cry.

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Attracted To My Husband – I Love Him Like A Brother by sauceTDA(m): 8:47am On Jan 04, 2016
Kai. He is loving he is good he is superman with all your yeye story u still don't love him. Op you are really silly oo and am sure someone is behind your case. It's spiritual

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not Attracted To My Husband – I Love Him Like A Brother by Phikom(m): 9:40am On Jan 04, 2016
Atlantian:
Love expires. Sex doesnt. Even the next partner you will meet will eventually become like a brother after about 7 years.

Sexual fantasy is an unending desire for non-depletable resource.

The fact that you dont know these things seems to me that you are totally ignorant about what marriage is. It is not a union for sex fantasy, but an assembly of like minds for procreation of human kind.

Why not get occasional Bleep from your driver or security guards. some women sef.
Love never expire...d fact that we have wacky versions of Love makes dis our present dispensation preposterous...
great post...

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Attracted To My Husband – I Love Him Like A Brother by Atlantian: 9:58am On Jan 04, 2016
Phikom:

Love never expire...d fact that we have wacky versions of Love makes dis our present dispensation preposterous...
great post...
I meant sexual love called lust.
Re: I Am Not Attracted To My Husband – I Love Him Like A Brother by Phikom(m): 10:02am On Jan 04, 2016
Atlantian:
I meant sexual love called lust.
alright...u ar so on point...
Re: I Am Not Attracted To My Husband – I Love Him Like A Brother by dlivefeeds: 10:33am On Jan 04, 2016
dlivefeeds:

This is a true life story of a White Friend, you should know African's would hardly think this way. See some advise her colleagues gave her here http://www.thelivefeeds.com/i-am-not-attracted-to-my-husband-i-love-him-like-a-brother/.

I shared it on nairaland to hear out the proper advise and what exactly i should tell her.

Thanks for keeping the comments coming...
Re: I Am Not Attracted To My Husband – I Love Him Like A Brother by luvguy(m): 10:56am On Jan 04, 2016
dlivefeeds:

Any post wit a link lyk dis is fake..

(1) (2) (Reply)

42 English Words Only Known To Ghanaians / Help A Shy Brother With How To Woo/toast A Lady / Would I Be Wicked To Do This To Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.