Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,207 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:48 PM

Nexthome: 2016 Construction Daily Updates. - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Nexthome: 2016 Construction Daily Updates. (37370 Views)

Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome / Nexthome Official Complaint Thread / Modern Office Renovation | Nexthome H52 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nexthome: 2016 Construction Daily Updates. by Mayor78: 2:00am On Feb 04, 2016
Making great progress, welldone
Re: Nexthome: 2016 Construction Daily Updates. by brabus(m): 6:21pm On Feb 04, 2016
K-024 by NextHome

Re: Nexthome: 2016 Construction Daily Updates. by brabus(m): 6:25pm On Feb 04, 2016
K-024 Updates

Re: Nexthome: 2016 Construction Daily Updates. by brabus(m): 12:28am On Feb 05, 2016
Spotlight on uPVC Windows

My client, my people - they've always want it different and as a constantly evolving build+design organization, we give them what they want at not only affordable price but a better alternative to the norm.

This post is not to compare the strength of Aluminum over uPVC as many would like to know or the cost differences but to showcase the possibilities and the undue advantage of uPVC Windows.

Logically, one would think that an aluminum window would be stronger than a uPVC window because it is made of a tough rigid metal. But in actual sense, the material used in the framing a window or door is of little importance when counteracting the natural forces (settlement of structure, winds etc). Thus, the most important part of a window is the strength of the corners and this is achieved by the method and materials used in fastening the corners together.

Further discussions later on this thread.

Our choice for most of our ongoing projects is the uPVC and we are working with an international brand to achieve this at most reasonable cost.

1 Like

Re: Nexthome: 2016 Construction Daily Updates. by brabus(m): 12:41am On Feb 05, 2016
The choice before us is to choose between a welded window systems (uPVC) and mechanically fastened (Aluminium).

More importantly are the built in steel reinforcement made of galvanized steels.

uPVC coming to Browne Mews, Atlantic View, K-024 and more. Follow us.

Re: Nexthome: 2016 Construction Daily Updates. by FastShipping: 12:54am On Feb 05, 2016
^^^^

I'm only interested in the finish product when ready before I make further comment on uPVC or aluminum windows.

In the meantime, let me chill and watch till finished product is shown here.

grin grin

Re: Nexthome: 2016 Construction Daily Updates. by brabus(m): 12:58am On Feb 05, 2016
FastShipping:
^^^^

I'm only interested in the finish product when ready before I make further comment on uPVC or aluminum windows.

So do I. I'm not a fan of showing other people's samples but I like to showcase my own finished job.

But in the meantime, we've just chosen our fabricator which is the first step in the right direction and discussions is on the way.

More updates later on this thread.
Re: Nexthome: 2016 Construction Daily Updates. by brabus(m): 1:00am On Feb 05, 2016
But if asked what led me to this guys, it's the neatness of their jobs. Big profiles and the lock mechanisms.

Re: Nexthome: 2016 Construction Daily Updates. by FastShipping: 1:05am On Feb 05, 2016
brabus:
But if asked what led me to this guys, it's the neatness of their jobs.

Where is their location? I still look forward to seeing steel like aluminum fabricated windows like the ones below:

Re: Nexthome: 2016 Construction Daily Updates. by brabus(m): 1:12am On Feb 05, 2016
You can see what you posted above in Ikeja. Just ask for EBM. That's the name of the profile.

_______
The uPVC guys here are in Badore, Lagos. We have a number of them here (3 of them in Badore) including the popular Golden Ever (Chinese company) at Langbasa, Ajah who are the biggest maker of uPVC Windows around but I settled for this because my job requires close supervision since they're custom built Windows. Chinco won't allow me use into their facility.

Pic - UPVC door (Made in Nigeria)

Re: Nexthome: 2016 Construction Daily Updates. by FastShipping: 1:15am On Feb 05, 2016
brabus:
You can see what you posted above in Ikeja. Just ask for EBM. That's the name of the profile.

_______
The uPVC guys here are in Badore, Lagos. We have a number of them here (3 of them in Badore) including the popular Golden Ever (Chinese company) at Langbasa, Ajah who are the biggest maker of uPVC Windows around but I settled for this because my job requires close supervision since they're custom built Windows. Chinco won't allow me use into their facility.

Pic - UPVC door (Made in Nigeria)

Can you name one company that fabricates EBM into windows and doors? I am not a fan of the so called uPVC. They are too thin for my liking. I prefer big profiles.
Re: Nexthome: 2016 Construction Daily Updates. by brabus(m): 1:18am On Feb 05, 2016
FastShipping:

Can you name one company that fabricates EBM into windows and doors? I am not a fan of the so called uPVC. They are too thin for my liking. I prefer big profiles.

Visit Aluminum village. Subuola street, there are local fabricators there.

You'll need to go with your window and door schedules, though.
Re: Nexthome: 2016 Construction Daily Updates. by FastShipping: 1:22am On Feb 05, 2016
brabus:

Visit Aluminum village. Subuola street, there are local fabricators there.

You'll need to go with your window and door schedules, though.

Can they these below or close to it?

Re: Nexthome: 2016 Construction Daily Updates. by brabus(m): 1:26am On Feb 05, 2016
^^^

Sure they can. Even any other profile can get you that or something close especially if you visit Tower Aluminum office or the Aluminum Village, Lagos with your design requirement.

The problem is not non-availability of the material. The problem is with the fabricator who chooses to use what he knew as against what the design required.

Hope you get it now.
Re: Nexthome: 2016 Construction Daily Updates. by FastShipping: 1:29am On Feb 05, 2016
brabus:
^^^

Sure they can. Even any other profile can get you that or something close especially if you visit Tower Aluminum office or the Aluminum Village, Lagos with your design requirement.

The problem is not the availability of the material. The problem is the fabricator who chooses to use what he knew as against what the design required.

Hope you get it now.

As long as these materials are available, we should be able to find competent fabricator. I don't mind paying for few just to see if the fabricator can do it right as I want before we go ahead to fabricate everything.
Re: Nexthome: 2016 Construction Daily Updates. by brabus(m): 1:34am On Feb 05, 2016
FastShipping:

As long as these materials are available, we should be able to find competent fabricator. I don't mind paying for few just to see if the fabricator can do it right as I want before we go ahead to fabricate everything.

I've placed a caveat on recommending people. Otherwise, I could have shared number of a guy who can come with various samples of Big Profiles and probably a toilet window made with EBM. I doubt he can bring a much bigger size due to cost and weight.

But they don't need to tell you. The difference is clear!
Re: Nexthome: 2016 Construction Daily Updates. by FastShipping: 1:49am On Feb 05, 2016
brabus:

I've placed a caveat on recommending people. Otherwise, I could have shared number of a guy who can come with various samples of Big Profiles and probably a toilet window made with EBM. I doubt he can bring a much bigger size due to cost and weight.

But they don't need to tell you. The difference is clear!

There is a guy in property section fabricating EBM.

https://www.nairaland.com/2547536/aluminium-glass-systems-windows-doors
Re: Nexthome: 2016 Construction Daily Updates. by brabus(m): 1:59am On Feb 05, 2016
@Fastshipping,

The possibilities are endless. I can see the guy is doing EBM but you can still get a better design if you work with a good detailer and fabricator.

Times like this always make me want to be jack-of-all-trades.

Take a look at the window below (picture taken from The Reserve by NextHome). We made us of the cheapest Aluminium profile (one of those thin profiles you hated grin) but we came up with a very different arrangement that makes it appealing to everyone who visited the house.

Someone else would have opted for a different design with some funny partitions that will take away the beauty. That's exactly what I mean by getting your designs detailed and getting a good fabricator who can build to specification. Many times good things are not always pricey when the direction is clear.

Re: Nexthome: 2016 Construction Daily Updates. by FastShipping: 2:02am On Feb 05, 2016
brabus:
@Fastshipping,

The possibilities are endless. I can see the guy is doing EBM but you can still get a better design if you work with a good detailer and fabricator.

Times like this always make me want to be jack-of-all-trades.

Take a look at the window below (picture taken from The Reserve by NextHome). We made us of the cheapest Aluminium profile (one of those thing profiles you hated grin) but we came up with a very different arrangement that makes it appealing to everyone who visited the house.

Someone else would have opted for a different design with some funny partitions that will take away the beauty. That's exactly what I mean by getting your designs detailed and getting a good fabricator who can build to specification. Many times good things are not always pricey when the direction is clear.

I agree good things are not always pricey but EBM stands out any day. Getting the right fabricator is the most important thing now.

Also, I have not completely ruled out aluminium profile.
Re: Nexthome: 2016 Construction Daily Updates. by brabus(m): 2:08am On Feb 05, 2016
FastShipping:

I agree good things are not always pricey but EBM stands out any day. Getting the right fabricator is the most important thing now.

Also, I have not completely ruled out aluminium profile.

Baba, it's all about creativity o! I can use the cheapest material to wow you. As a matter of fact, I'm a fan of cheap and lovely.

More reason why I love Skimanski's work. It's just the interplay. Site work don't allow me more time for R & D again. I used to comb the streets for new ideas and concepts.
Re: Nexthome: 2016 Construction Daily Updates. by brabus(m): 12:17am On Feb 06, 2016
K-024

Re: Nexthome: 2016 Construction Daily Updates. by brabus(m): 12:26am On Feb 06, 2016
K-024 by NextHome

Re: Nexthome: 2016 Construction Daily Updates. by brabus(m): 12:30am On Feb 06, 2016
The Chateau in Silverpoint, Badore | Another waterfront build by NextHome

Re: Nexthome: 2016 Construction Daily Updates. by Nobody: 1:44am On Feb 06, 2016
brabus:
The Chateau in Silverpoint, Badore | Another waterfront build by NextHome

We'll see if the garage survives intact wink

Some Nigerians don't realize the usefulness of a garage.

#TeamGarageAreYourFriendsNotEnemies grin

2 Likes

Re: Nexthome: 2016 Construction Daily Updates. by brabus(m): 8:41am On Feb 06, 2016
K-024 | Shape of things to come | Guest Bedroom 1

Re: Nexthome: 2016 Construction Daily Updates. by brabus(m): 8:46am On Feb 06, 2016
K-024 | Shape of things to come | Lipstick, Skybridge and Double Volume

Re: Nexthome: 2016 Construction Daily Updates. by brabus(m): 5:59am On Feb 23, 2016
K-024 by NextHome - Bridge, Void Section and Lipstick

Re: Nexthome: 2016 Construction Daily Updates. by brabus(m): 6:05am On Feb 23, 2016
K-024

Re: Nexthome: 2016 Construction Daily Updates. by brabus(m): 6:15am On Feb 23, 2016
The Chateau in Silverpoint by NextHome - Progress Pics

Re: Nexthome: 2016 Construction Daily Updates. by brabus(m): 7:42am On Feb 23, 2016
Atlantic View by NextHome

Re: Nexthome: 2016 Construction Daily Updates. by brabus(m): 8:25am On Feb 23, 2016
K-024 by NextHome - Cleverly Increasing the Livable Space, Making Best Use of the Attic.

The Challenge

* Need for an extra space in the master's suite inside the unused 3m high roof attic.
* Need for a Simple, Budget-friendly and Lesser Weight solution. Anything but concrete!

Making use of attic is a perfect idea to expand living space, however we often ignore it.

Follow us as we raised out 35m2 from the attic for the master's use. The plan is to raise the floor using pier and beam. At the end of these, we should be able to squeeze out additional 60m2 for the 2 master suites in the house.

Concern raised by Beta Testers!

Spillage on wooden floor - We are planning do a 50mm cement screed on the roughened surface of our wooden floor.

Pic 1 - What we are hoping to achieve. Pic taking from a similar build in Lagos Nigeria.
Pic 2 - The proposed solution

1 Like

Re: Nexthome: 2016 Construction Daily Updates. by frakdon(m): 9:40am On Feb 23, 2016
brabus:
Spotlight on uPVC Windows

My client, my people - they've always want it different and as a constantly evolving build+design organization, we give them what they want at not only affordable price but a better alternative to the norm.

This post is not to compare the strength of Aluminum over uPVC as many would like to know or the cost differences but to showcase the possibilities and the undue advantage of uPVC Windows.

Logically, one would think that an aluminum window would be stronger than a uPVC window because it is made of a tough rigid metal. But in actual sense, the material used in the framing a window or door is of little importance when counteracting the natural forces (settlement of structure, winds etc). Thus, the most important part of a window is the strength of the corners and this is achieved by the method and materials used in fastening the corners together.

Further discussions later on this thread.

Our choice for most of our ongoing projects is the uPVC and we are working with an international brand to achieve this at most reasonable cost.

this is beautiful, I salute, well done..
But please don't forget to include us in your future works, stay bless.
We deal in aluminium works, both windows and doors..you can reach us, here:07067447254.
Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Man Climbs Down A 19-Storey Building To Escape Fire Outbreak (Photos) / Femi Osibona: Lagos Building Collapse Echoes In Ikenne, Ogun State / Exclusive!!! | Twenty Two "2" Bedroom House Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.