Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,428 members, 7,836,722 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? (20302 Views)

Does A Good God Want Me In A Bad Marriage? / Photos : Meet The Little Boy Who Is Worshiped And Thought To Be A Hindu God In I / God You Are So Good, God You Are Kind, God You Are Wonderful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? by dalaman: 12:00pm On Jan 07, 2016
winner01:
Which scientific findings have disproved the Bible?
The koran disproves itself talkless of judging it with science

The koran disproves itself just as the bible also disproves it self with its many false prophecies, false scientific claims, false historical narratives, alternate reality and other fictitious and mythical tales.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? by winner01(m): 12:04pm On Jan 07, 2016
dalaman:

The is false, will you guys stop regurgitation this myth? Where are the 21st centuries scientific findings that are recorded inside the bible? Where are they? Even the 1st page of the bible where it attempts to talk about how the universe was formed is filled with ignorance and very wrong statements, for example the bible states that the earth was in existence before the sun and stars. It then went to claim that all human came down fro one man and one woman. Please where is the 21st century scientific finding that supports this claim that all humans descended from only one man and woman. Where is the genetic corroboration to this biblical lie and myth? The scientific finding that shows the earth was in existence before the sun and stars can be found where?
I would have quit a long time ago if it was a myth. Im probably more skeptical than most of you.
Evev during the past centuries when science thought it got it right and the bible got it wrong, more findings have changed the position of science overtime to eventually confirm biblical accounts.
The Bible is not a science textbook and does not attempt to explain science to us, that job is meant for scientists, but based on their findings we can judge which religion is true.

So you cant possibly ask me to point out scientific findings in the bible.
You can only bring the findings and lets correlate.

As for man, Science has still not gotten fully where life or humans came from, maybe they'll get it in the next century. And trust me, It still wont be able to disprove the bible.
You did not answer my question, i asked how your family is, your wife.
Re: Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? by winner01(m): 12:11pm On Jan 07, 2016
dalaman:

The koran disproves itself just as the bible also disproves it self with its many false prophecies, false scientific claims, false historical narratives, alternate reality and other fictitious and mythical tales.
False prophecies such as?
Re: Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? by dalaman: 12:20pm On Jan 07, 2016
winner01:
I would have quit a long time ago if it was a myth. Im probably more skeptical than most of you.
Evev during the past centuries when science thought it got it right and the bible got it wrong, more findings have changed the position of science overtime to eventually confirm biblical accounts.
The Bible is not a science textbook and does not attempt to explain science to us, that job is meant for scientists, but based on their findings we can judge which religion is true.

So you cant possibly ask me to point out scientific findings in the bible.
You can only bring the findings and lets correlate.

As for man, Science has still not gotten fully where life or humans came from, maybe they'll get it in the next century. And trust me, It still wont be able to disprove the bible.
You did not answer my question, i asked how your family is, your wife.

The bible is not a scientific book so I wonder why some of you keep going down the scientific route claiming that some scientific findings can be traced to the bible. Science and religion are two very different fields, they have very little in common. Science doesn't know how life came from but as for human decent genetics has helped us a lot to trace the human tree and if we came down from only one man and one woman as the bible claims, genetic markers can help us trace it, so far it shows that humans did not come down from only one man and one woman. My family is good. The wife is doing well.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? by winner01(m): 12:30pm On Jan 07, 2016
dalaman:

The bible is not a scientific book so I wonder why some of you keep going down the scientific route claiming that some scientific findings can be traced to the bible. Science and religion are two very different fields, they have very little in common. Science doesn't know how life came from but as for human decent genetics has helped us a lot to trace the human tree and if we came down from only one man and one woman as the bible claims, genetic markers can help us trace it, so far it shows that humans did not come down from only one man and one woman. My family is good. The wife is doing well.
No one goes down the scientific route to prove anything.
Atheists cling to science and make it sound like its in contrast to religion christianity. Its why Christians in turn compare scientific findings with biblical claims.
Ordinarily, no one will even bring up science.

As for man, Life came from somewhere, science cant still fully prove where. Why not relax and lets see how it goes.
What dyu mean the wife?
Re: Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? by dalaman: 12:45pm On Jan 07, 2016
winner01:
Atheists cling to science and make it sound like its in contrast to religion christianity. Its why Christians in turn compare scientific findings with biblical claims.

As for man, Life came from somewhere, science cant still fully prove where. Why not relax and lets see how it goes.
What dyu mean the wife?

Ok. My wife is fine. She was down with some medical situation but now has a very clean bill of health. Thanks smiley
Re: Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:24pm On Jan 07, 2016
dalaman:

Science doesn't know how life came from but as for human decent genetics has helped us a lot to trace the human tree and if we came down from only one man and one woman as the bible claims, genetic markers can help us trace it, so far it shows that humans did not come down from only one man and one woman.

This is a pertinent question - as regards to your post above - and I'll ask it for the last time . Prove that your signature does not validate evolution - a theory you have severally distanced yourself from

"Religion started when man had enough intellect to form profound questions but not enough to find answers for them."
Re: Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? by dalaman: 2:04pm On Jan 07, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

This is a pertinent question - as regards to your post above - and I'll ask it for the last time . Prove that your signature does not validate evolution - a theory you have severally distanced yourself from

"Religion started when man had enough intellect to form profound questions but not enough to find answers for them."

Some aspects of evolution are factual. I do not accept the theory completely but to deny that some aspects of it are true is to not know what you are talking about. Transfer of genetic material is true. Mutation is true. Adaptation is true, evolution is based on some of these factual principles. The theory is full of supposition and hypothesis which I find unconvincing. But the theory is more important and usefull to human beings as opposed to creationism. Drugs and vaccines have been invented using the principles of evolution. Nothing has ever been created on the principles that God created man from dust and woman from man's ribs or that God spoke plants into existence using Hebrew.
Re: Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:07pm On Jan 07, 2016
dalaman:

Some aspects of evolution are factual. I do not accept the theory completely but to deny that some aspects of it are true is to not know what you are talking about. Transfer of genetic material is true. Mutation is true. Adaptation is true, evolution is based on some of these factual principles. The theory is full of supposition and hypothesis which I find unconvincing. But the theory is more important and usefull to human beings as opposed to creationism. Drugs and vaccines have been invented using the principles of evolution. Nothing has ever been created on the principles that God created man from dust and woman from man's ribs or that God spoke plants into existence using Hebrew.

So your signature validates the theory yes or no ?
Re: Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? by dalaman: 2:29pm On Jan 07, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

So your signature validates the theory yes or no ?

Nope it doesn't. My signature validates religious beliefs.
Re: Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:33pm On Jan 07, 2016
dalaman:

Nope it doesn't.

If it doesn't then you are a creationist
Re: Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? by menesheh(m): 3:18pm On Jan 07, 2016
cloudgoddess:
3 million newborn babies die every year around the globe. Over 60% of Nigerians are suffering in poverty. Yes, god is so good. undecided

False pretence. God is good to me but not to others demonstrably makes one insensitive to others plight.

It is asinine.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? by dalaman: 4:28pm On Jan 07, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

If it doesn't then you are a creationist

grin grin.
Re: Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? by frank317: 5:16pm On Jan 07, 2016
winner01:
Which scientific findings have disproved the Bible?
The koran disproves itself talkless of judging it with science
Once you understand that this God has the power to create man, then you will understand that he can do just anything.
lol... you clearly have nothing to say. this is what happen when u defend something unreal.
once I understand God? lol... you see, if he was real, you wouldnt be making this statement. scientific bible has disproved the bible in so many ways... are u for real? for one, scientific findings has proven that snakes never talked, donkeys never talked and virgins dont give birth. And dont give me that supernatural bullshit cos u asked for scientific findings. besides if bring it up, u will have to prove why mohammed splitting the moon is not real.

I accept. Its glaring for all to see. But it does not disproves God's love or solution.

it proves your god is a failure. his solution is not working despite all his fore knowledge.

It only proves how stubborn human beings can be.
This means human stubbornness is too much for your God to handle. the problem pass am... he is obviously running out of ideas to rescue his own creation. he sounds dumb

Even in our everyday lives, people prefer to learn the hard way than take to advises.
This solution is the only solution that makes sense to the lives and sufferings of mankind in a fallen world.
You can tap into it and begin to help other men.

again, the solution is not working... he is a failure.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? by Kay17: 7:51pm On Jan 07, 2016
winner01:
Evil manifests because man swore his alleigance to the enemy by eating the forbidden fruit (i.e Believing the devil instead of God).

But our loving God has made a provision to redeem man from this terrible mistake by sending his Son to die for our sins so that through Him we might have life and have it more abundantly.

Can you coherentely and precisely give us an account of the existence of evil.

Does God commit evil?
Re: Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? by Kay17: 7:58pm On Jan 07, 2016
winner01:

What dyu mean the wife?

You seem to suggest that since Science can not authoritatively state how Life came about, religious claims prevail in such gap/space.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? by cloudgoddess(f): 10:28pm On Jan 07, 2016
winner01:
God never promised a world free of suffering, He only promised to walk with us through thick and thin if we trust in Him.

I see your disbelief tilts towards emotions. God is able to heal you.
Way to try and distract from my point.

Why would god bless only some people (with jobs, cars, and whatever else you praise god for) and not those innocent children with simple food and water? Answer that question without making an excuse.
Re: Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? by cloudgoddess(f): 10:36pm On Jan 07, 2016
ValentineMary:

Nice one. Pls are u female because I know very few female freethinkers.
Thanks smiley Yes I am! And I don't know many either, its a shame undecided
Re: Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? by winner01(m): 10:58pm On Jan 07, 2016
cloudgoddess:

Way to try and distract from my point.

Why would god bless only some people (with jobs, cars, and whatever else you praise god for) and not those innocent children with simple food and water? Answer that question without making an excuse.
You made no reasonable point except to point that God does not exist simply because people suffer.

The answer remains, Man sinned and brought judgement upon himself. God never promised a world free of suffering after the fall of man, He only promised to walk with us through thick and thin if we trust in Him.

I believe you may find this useful.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQmLVU_nvo8
Re: Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? by cloudgoddess(f): 11:04pm On Jan 07, 2016
winner01:
You made no reasonable point except to point that God does not exist simply because people suffer.

The answer remains, Man sinned and brought judgement upon himself. God never promised a world free of suffering after the fall of man, He only promised to walk with us through thick and thin if we trust in Him.

I believe you may find this useful.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQmLVU_nvo8
That wasn't my point at all actually. You are still dodging my question.

Why isn't god blessing the children who need food and water, but he is blessing the people on nairaland who claim to be blessed, like OP here? How does he decide who to bless and why aren't the people who seem to need it most getting blessed? What would the children who are starving have to do to get blessed too?

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? by cloudgoddess(f): 11:05pm On Jan 07, 2016
analice107:

Agent of Satan. Carry on with your Luciferean propaganda
I really hope this is sarcastic.
Re: Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? by winner01(m): 11:05pm On Jan 07, 2016
Kay17:

You seem to suggest that since Science can not authoritatively state how Life came about, religious claims prevail in such gap/space.
You wish i made such suggestions.
The Bible is fixed, even throughout the years science thought it "disproved" it by asserting that the universe had no begining. It was still fixed, till science found out that there was a begining.

Scientific findings confirms the truth contained in the scriptures, the scriptures is not a fill for a gap.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? by cloudgoddess(f): 11:10pm On Jan 07, 2016
Jeromejnr:

Indeed she is.

The Devil uses people like her to attribute what he caused to the God of all goodness. So others can be led astray.

2Tim3:13 But evil people and impostors will go from bad to worse as they deceive others and are themselves deceived.
You sound so deluded right now its scary. I wish you could read your message from the perspective of an objective observer, you'd sound no different than a cult member
Re: Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? by cloudgoddess(f): 11:11pm On Jan 07, 2016
winner01:
]

Scientific findings confirms the truth contained in the scriptures, the scriptures is not a fill for a gap.
Wow. I don't know what scientific findings you've been looking at. Creation.org? Jesusisreal.net?
Re: Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? by winner01(m): 11:17pm On Jan 07, 2016
cloudgoddess:

That wasn't my point at all actually. You are still dodging my question.

Why isn't god blessing the children who need food and water, but he is blessing the people on nairaland who claim to be blessed, like OP here? How does he decide who to bless and why aren't the people who seem to need it most getting blessed? What would the children who are starving have to do to get blessed too?
You are refusing to see my answer.

"God never promised a world free of suffering, He only promised to walk with us through thick and thin if we trust in Him."

God never promised a world free of hunger, poverty, pain or anything. The children and other people alike are victims of a fallen world. Look, you or anybody didnt choose to be created, but you can choose to live and have life or blame all you want.
I wonder why you dont blame life for existing since you believe there is no God.

As for people who are suffering, We can help them to prosper, be in good health and offer them soul prosperity. You can rise and help them rise.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? by Jeromejnr(m): 11:26pm On Jan 07, 2016
cloudgoddess:

You sound so deluded right now its scary. I wish you could read your message from the perspective of an objective observer, you'd sound no different than a cult member

Fret not O faithless one!

Deluded, deluded! Everyone claims to not be deluded. So who's right?

Btw, Cult just means a group that shares a belief. So yea we are all cult members. Everyone in d world belongs to a cult. Including u. wink

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? by winner01(m): 11:27pm On Jan 07, 2016
cloudgoddess:

Wow. I don't know what scientific findings you've been looking at. Creation.org? Jesusisreal.net?
Lol, unlike most people here, im just starting my Phd.
I dont get facts from google or the internet.
Its what you people do and then you call yourselves scientists overnight.
A guy who hasnt even gained admission to uni. was calling himself a scientist simply because he copies articles from science sites and post them on nairaland science section

You were quick to let me know the possible places i can get facts, just like you usually do. As a matter of fact google will give you anything you seek..
You may try to type " obama is satan" and see what im saying.

kingebukasblog, see what ive been telling you.
Most of these people are internet bred students and dont even have the slightest formal education on science or philosophy

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? by cloudgoddess(f): 11:29pm On Jan 07, 2016
timonski:

Snakes do not talk. Donkeys don't talk..yes. But the bible only portrayed them as supernatural events.
It seems you demon-possessed atheists keep rehashing same ol' bullshit.
My guy, the bible is the most complete book of all time; it has no scientific error/contradiction. Chew on that!
demon-possessed atheists, huh?

tell that to bill gates, b.f. skinner (the father of behavioral psychology), the other hundreds of atheists philosophers, scientists, inventors & innovators, and 50% of the chinese and western european population. yep, we are all possessed.

you are so out of touch with reality. its scary to see how low the human brain can sink. and if you think the bible has no contradictions with science then i know for a fact you have never cracked open a single biology, geology, astronomy, or paleontology textbook in your life.
Re: Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? by winner01(m): 11:31pm On Jan 07, 2016
Kay17:

Does God commit evil?
I need to understand what you mean by evil.
Re: Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? by cloudgoddess(f): 11:38pm On Jan 07, 2016
winner01:
Lol, unlike most people here, im just starting my Phd.
I dont get facts from google or the internet.
Its what you people do and then you call yourselves scientists overnight.
A guy who hasnt even gained admission to uni. was calling himself a scientist simply because he copies articles from science sites and post them on nairaland science section

You were quick to let me know the possible places i can get facts, just like you usually do. As a matter of fact google will give you anything you seek..
You may try to type " obama is satan" and see what im saying.

kingebukasblog, see what ive been telling you.
Most of these people are internet bred students and dont even have the slightest formal education on science or philosophy
sigh. you are just making up crap. 99% of biologists worldwide have already reached a concensus on evolution. WORLD WIDE. search "evolution" on pubmed and you will see thousands of independent studies from chinese, german, american, japanese scientists, supporting evolution. but you won't search it up because you are so determined to believe the false world you have created for yourself. okay, keep doing that. but stop spouting lies, its so frustrating, and an insult to the people around the world who study this stuff every day.

and no we do not trust everything on the internet. there is such a thing as reputable sources. pubmed, websites from reknowned universities like harvard and princeton, national geographic, etc - these are reputable sources that all contain information in full support of evolution. or do you think they are all liars?

you dont have to be a professional scientist to understand evolution (or any topic for that matter) and for you to assume that shows how childish your way of thinking is. anyone can go to a library or look at trustworthy online sources for information, and learn things. maybe you should try it some time.

"Despite the overwhelming acceptance of evolution among scientists, and despite evolution’s
centrality to modern biology education, virtually all national polls indicate that a strikingly large
proportion of North Americans reject evolution, indicating a great disconnect between the scientific
community and the largely dissenting and apparently under-informed, or misinformed, public"

excerpt from a research paper by a university of syracruse student. you can substitute north americans for nigerians of course.
Re: Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? by winner01(m): 11:38pm On Jan 07, 2016
menesheh:

False pretence. God is good to me but not to others demonstrably makes one insensitive to others plight.

It is asinine.
"God is good to me" is different from "God is good to me but not to others.

Christians fill hospitals, giving hope to the hopeless on death beds, prison yards, motherless homes, remand homes, charitable foundations.

I see how insensitive christians are to others plights wink
Happy new year.
Re: Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? by Kay17: 11:41pm On Jan 07, 2016
winner01:
I need to understand what you mean by evil.

I define Evil just in the sense you used it. In the sense you meant.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. / Students Caught Papa Frank Lloyd With A Truckload Of Charm / The Persecution Of Bangladeshi Christians On Christmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.