Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,317 members, 7,826,262 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls (14627 Views)

Kogi Polls: Police Uncover Plan To Dress Thugs In Police Uniform / Aregbesola Wins Yoruba Living Legend Award and other awards / Pastor Leke Adeboye Shares A Political Poll Result Of Buhari/Jonathan - Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by kokooro1: 3:19pm On Jun 23, 2009
tkb417:

Koko-oro
e don do. how many times do you want to post it?

Not done deliberately. server timed out so I refreshed a few times.

nuzo:

@koko-oro

Your first three posts were used to attack Jakumo like he has been attacking your "daddy"? Now that you have retaliated for "daddy", whats the difference between you and jakumo?

Bunch of fanatics if you ask me.

I'm not sure you are capable thinking. Seriously.

Jakumo. So your mischeivious Idiot head can not even think of how to find facts. You've been repeating the same lies over again. Now I ask again. How many accident has occured on the Lagos-Ibadan expressway as a result of the monthly activities of the RCCG.

No personal hard feelings towards you though. You just happen to be a sample representative of a class of posters on NL who are unduely caustic on matters relating to the person of Pastor Adeboye. Painfully enough, your comments display much ignorance.

Just be SENSIBLE which I think you ordinarily can be and find out the facts before making blind comments.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by ilosiwaju: 4:53pm On Jun 23, 2009
na.com:

@ ilosiwaju

Lets be very candid about your screen name, Ilosiwaju. According to the little yoruba language i understand,your name is suppose to mean " Making progress".

But lets face the facts,with comments such as the above you have made.I find hard to believe you are making progress with such retarded remarks.

correct me if i am wrong !

@na.com
for the meaning of ilosiwaju, you are correct but qualifying my opinions/post as retarded, wow! this is not north korea so i can post whatever i like and besides who are you to qualify a comment on NL? someone who does not love adeboye winning the polls should drink acid- that is obviously not retarded,
look chic, if u av a thing for tkb417 all u had to do is tell him instead of being his advocate.
e ma gba mi ke?
grin
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by doleh: 12:25am On Jun 24, 2009
Fools like jakumoand other agents of the evil one, that are calling the man of God unfounded names made me come here. Ojukwu a muder that should be stoned to death winning vote, fools come here telling us who got the most population in Naija, they are starting again. All well and good, let it split since it has been cracked up by the nonsence kola chewing fools, Get off Adeboye, be real and do not be clouded by the evil that lives in your inside. The man is for real take it or leave it.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by bawomolo(m): 1:54am On Jun 24, 2009
lol @ agents of the evil one
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by bidex(m): 8:58am On Jun 24, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

Adeboye has more international influence than Oyedepo and Kumiyi. Oyakhilome may be his grade on international influence but he may not have the resources like Adeboye. Go to Europe, Asia, Australia, rest of Africa, North America and ask around about Adeboye. Did you hear that he gave 50 million Pounds sterlings to UniLag's department of mathematics the other day?

why do you fool yourself emeka? where did he get 50 million pounds to donate to department of mathematics in unilag? dont you know what 50 million pounds is? do you think we nairalanders are stupid enough to eat your lies and ignorance?
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by bidex(m): 9:18am On Jun 24, 2009
doleh:

Fools like jakumoand other agents of the evil one, that are calling the man of God unfounded names made me come here. Ojukwu a muder that should be stoned to death winning vote, fools come here telling us who got the most population in Naija, they are starting again. All well and good, let it split since it has been cracked up by the nonsence kola chewing fools, Get off Adeboye, be real and do not be clouded by the evil that lives in your inside. The man is for real take it or leave it.

first think, no body is after adeboye's downfall. also no one is calling the old man un founded names. and again no one is saying the man is not real. everyone has their opinion on this matter; no one is acting as agents of the evil one. it is really disrespectful to call people fool.
we Nigerians are no fool at all. we know what is right and wrong. but the problem is that we chides away from the truth. to my best knowledge Adeboye is a good man of God and he has done a lot of God's work and his church is marching on. but to win the poll of the living legend in Nigeria is out of it. i mean its total out of it. what has he done to deserve the living legend? we dont have to say because he is a man of God and award him what he dont deserve.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by FBS: 11:45am On Jun 24, 2009
@Topic: Good
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by Jakumo(m): 12:22pm On Jun 24, 2009
koko-obo:

Jakumo. So your mischeivious Idiot head can not even think of how to find facts.  Now I ask again. How many accident has occured on the Lagos-Ibadan expressway as a result of the monthly activities of the RCCG.

One doesn't need to be an automotive engineer to know that sudden and prolonged blockages in the flow of traffic cause horrific automobile accidents, Kokobo, but since you have thrown me this specific challenge, I will one day get around to visiting Nigeria for no other purpose than to stand beside the Lagos Expressway during one of Eunuch Adeboye's monthly 24 traffic lockdowns, with a clip-board in hand, so that I can personally amass the data you have requested.  

While I am busy preparing for this assignment that is so vital to my credibility as an armchair news commentator, perhaps you might care to enlighten us by expounding on why you feel that a religious organisation like Pastor Eunuch's Redeemed Camp should be allowed to continue obstructing a federal highway with parked and parking follower's cars, IN A SECULAR DEMOCRACY,and on a clockwork-regular basis, resulting in vast numbers of unprepared motorists getting stranded, OFTEN AT NIGHT in their cars, and FOR UP TO 24 HOURS of total vehicular immobility, on a highway renowned its rampant predation by armed robbery gangs and car-jackers.

If you feel that your God would endorse and approve of ANY such activity that wilfully wastes so many man-hours of passing travelers, while also repeatedly exposing them to the level of risk posed by Eunuch Adeboye's highway annexation on the last Friday of every month along the Lagos to Ibadan expressway, then perhaps we can at least agree to sharing a divergence of opinion on the concept of God, and of good and evil.

Circling back to the topic of what constitutes legendary status, I agree with those who say that a given personality's legendendary status for singularly bad conduct can often loom larger than would have popular reverence of anyone for good conduct, with the result that one side of the coin is often mistaken for the other, particularly in the minds of "the wild-eyed persuaded".  Praise the Lord !
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by Tudor6(f): 12:58pm On Jun 24, 2009
These fools will stop at nothing to defend the criminal adeboye who constitues a nuisance to motorists and supports corrupt politicians who rob the people.
He's a holy business man stealing from the people to set up his profit making empire.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by Tudor6(f): 1:05pm On Jun 24, 2009
@Aloy.emeka
He gave 50 million pounds indeed. Do you think we're idiots here on NL?
Thats almost 10 billion naira.
Quit lying for daddy g.o please.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by mikeoscar: 2:14pm On Jun 24, 2009
[tr]first think, no body is after adeboye's downfall. also no one is calling the old man un founded names. and again no one is saying the man is not real. everyone has their opinion on this matter; no one is acting as agents of the evil one. it is really disrespectful to call people fool.
we Nigerians are no fool at all. we know what is right and wrong. but the problem is that we chides away from the truth. to my best knowledge Adeboye is a good man of God and he has done a lot of God's work and his church is marching on. but to win the poll of the living legend in Nigeria is out of it. i mean its total out of it. what has he done to deserve [/tr] the living legend? we dont have to say because he is a man of God and award him what he dont deserve. [/b] [/table]
@above
My brother, even though I do not support people hating on others who  have flagrantly defamed the anointed and Honorable Pastor E.A. Adeboye, I want to say that the thread has been fraught with very appalling accusations and indeed NAME CALLING to the intent that I really wonder if expressions of opinion cannot be communicated in such a domain as this without swear words/curse words and disrespect for this man of God. I am not particularly interested in who voted him in or how He has polled on public opinion. He was not voted-in as pastor. His esteemable position is not a function of a public opinion or vote but a function of a SURE CALLING from God evident by the manifold manifestations of Gods numerous bountiful graces over his life and ministry.
Please I beseech you all by the mercies of God, who has shown us mercy when nobody would, who has covered us when no one would and who has kept us alive until now to STOP accusing this man of God because there is a clear consequence to slandering the anointed of God. Please DO NOT LET GOD STRIP YOU NAKED! DO NOT INVITE A CURSE ON YOUR LIFE AND CONSEQUENTLY ON EVERYTHING THAT COMES FROM YOUR LOINS (and this is not a threat). Our responsibility is to pray for our leaders and ask for Godly wisdom so they can rule/lead us in the fear of God and in accordance with God's divine agenda and original master plan for our nation. God bless Nigeria, God bless you all @ Nairaland-Amen!
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by Nezan(m): 3:12pm On Jun 24, 2009
Tudór:

These fools will stop at nothing to defend the criminal adeboye who constitues a nuisance to motorists and supports corrupt politicians who rob the people.
He's a holy business man stealing from the people to set up his profit making empire.

Haba, sofly sofly now, u know say na man of God?
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by kokooro1: 3:22pm On Jun 24, 2009
Jakumo:

While I am busy preparing for this assignment that is so vital to my credibility as an armchair news commentator, perhaps you might care to enlighten us by expounding on why you feel that a religious organisation like Pastor Eunuch's Redeemed Camp should be allowed to continue obstructing a federal highway with parked and parking follower's cars, IN A SECULAR DEMOCRACY,and on a clockwork-regular basis, resulting in vast numbers of unprepared motorists getting stranded, OFTEN AT NIGHT in their cars, and FOR UP TO 24 HOURS of total vehicular immobility, on a highway renowned its rampant predation by armed robbery gangs and car-jackers.

If you feel that your God would endorse and approve of ANY such activity that wilfully wastes so many man-hours of passing travelers, while also repeatedly exposing them to the level of risk posed by Eunuch Adeboye's highway annexation on the last Friday of every month along the Lagos to Ibadan expressway, then perhaps we can at least agree to sharing a divergence of opinion on the concept of God, and of good and evil.

There is nothing to expound on. Your position, Jakumo (wonder how any normal person will bear such negative name), is based on misinformation.

In the early days of the programme yes there used to be incidences of members parking on the road. But in the last 8 or so years the RCCG authority had been operating LASTMA-like traffic control outfit that is equiped with towing vans to arrest any vehicle that dares to park anywhere on the highway around the camp and hand same over to the police. You always have FRSC personnels on ground to penalise all such car owner. There are at least 4 major entrances to the camp ground  at miles interval and enough parking space inside the camp to accommodate everyone.

There is also always a deliberate effort to end all holy ghost services b4 4.00am on each occasion in order to avoid traffic situations in the mornings after. However, there is no denying the fact that the volume traffic coming out of the camp ground at the end of the services will result in congestion in the 1st hour which a little patience on the part of everyone would make a lot difference.

NOW NO MEMBER IS ALLOWED TO PARK ON THE EXPRESS. IT IS THE LAGOS COMMERCIAL BUS DRIVERS THAT PARK THERE IN DISOBEDIENCE OF INSTRUCTIONS (cos there are parks for them inside the camp). How's that Adeboye's fault

Again the name is ENOCH ADEJARE ADEBOYE, the church/organisation is REDEEM CHRISTIAN CHURCH OF GOD. Jakumo, mine is Koko-oro. C'mon, a little courtesy won't make you sound any less antagonistic, it will only make you human (or you prefer to be something else?).

What was/were the other issues you have against Pst E. A. Adeboye?

[quote/]THIS PART WAS NOT FOR U

@mike oscar.
Most of these guys do not believe in God. Don't bother appealing to them in that name.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by Tudor6(f): 3:38pm On Jun 24, 2009
^^^ Even if you deny the fact he blocks the highways there's no side-steping the truth that adeboye is a theif and a con man.
He collects offerings and tithes from the poor nigerian,instead of using it to better their lives he erects 7billion naira auditoriums, builds expensive foods the same poor people can't afford and buys a private jet so he can travel for shopping trips. All these in a nation where over 70% live on less than a dollar a day.
The church is a CHARITY institution and should not be a profit making venture. To that effect pastor enoch adeboye is a HOLY CRIMINAL!
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by Jakumo(m): 3:53pm On Jun 24, 2009
koko-oro:

In the early days of the programme yes there used to be incidences of members parking on the road. But in the last 8 or so years the RCCG authority had been operating LASTMA-like traffic control outfit that is equiped with towing vans to arrest any vehicle that dares to park anywhere on the highway around the camp and hand same over to the police. You always have FRSC personnels on ground to penalise all such car owner. There are at least 4 major entrances to the camp ground  at miles interval and enough parking space inside the camp to accommodate everyone.

There is also always a deliberate effort to end all holy ghost services b4 4.00am on each occasion in order to avoid traffic situations in the mornings after. However, there is no denying the fact that the volume traffic coming out of the camp ground at the end of the services will result in congestion in the 1st hour which a little patience on the part of everyone would make a lot difference.

NOW NO MEMBER IS ALLOWED TO PARK ON THE EXPRESS. IT IS THE LAGOS COMMERCIAL BUS DRIVERS THAT PARK THERE IN DISOBEDIENCE OF INSTRUCTIONS (cos there are parks for them inside the camp). How's that Adeboye's fault
What was/were the other issues you have against Pst E. A. Adeboye?

You present a persuasive argument, Koko-oro, but reports from people using the Lagos Expressway today, and not eight years ago, suggest that the monthly traffic nightmare caused by followers of Pastor Adeboye is nowhere near as close to being resolved as you indicate in the above post.   Nonetheless,  if something is being done to correct the problem caused by the church traffic onslaught, complaints from users of the Lagos Expressway are no longer being ignored as they were for decades, and that is a good thing even if the promised action remains in the conceptual stage.

If Pastor Adeboye is guilty of any other sins besides his monthly blockade of a federal highway, most people, including myself, would bear no grudge against the pastor, and would even support him owning a brand new Airbus A380 for his private travels on Paris shopping sprees, if the mood so took him, PROVIDED that his airport construction project never blocks the Lagos Expressway in the way his church traffic has done for way too long now.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by toyosiwemi(f): 5:12pm On Jun 24, 2009
You guys really have no right to be criticizing a man of God, Be careful over here, get your facts right before you talk and dont say what you cant confirm. Pastor Adeboye as General Overseer of the RCCG has many scholarships, missionary and support programes in different parts of the world. The JET extortion thing there is no such thing and God will forgive you for voicing that out. Its better to keep quite if you dont have your facts right. Dont judge anyone so that you wont be judged.

God help us all.
All those on the list deserves it.Its good we can have some icons in Nigeria that people can look up to and not always international list.we have good people here and im proud to be a Nigerian.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by kokooro1: 5:52pm On Jun 24, 2009
Tudór:

^^^ Even if you deny the fact he blocks the highways there's no side-steping the truth that adeboye is a theif and a con man.
He collects offerings and tithes from the poor nigerian,
Correction: HIS (VOLUNTARY) FOLLOWERS. And the giving is even voluntary (based on what they believe).

Tudór:

instead of using it to better their lives he erects 7billion naira auditoriums,
In your own opinion, would it have been wiser for him to leave over 3 million people exposed under the elements when they gather for the monthly/annual services? I hope you are thinking?

Tudór:

builds expensive foods schools, you mean? the same poor people can't afford

May be it would have been wiser for the church not to build any school.

Tudór:

and buys a private jet so he can travel for shopping trips.

Are you sure of this? Please state your facts/details.

Tudór:

All these in a nation where over 70% live on less than a dollar a day.

How is Adeboye responsible for this?

Tudór:

The church is a CHARITY institution and should not be a profit making venture.

How do you know the church is making profit? Has she been convening annual general meetings?

Tudór:

To that effect pastor enoch adeboye is a HOLY CRIMINAL!

Surely you don't have a good case against Pst. Adeboye.

@Jakumo.
I don't think I've read anything as straight from you as your recent post. I'm tepted to shout haleluyah!
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by Tudor6(f): 7:03pm On Jun 24, 2009
@koko-oro
1. His members think they give voluntarily but they're being scammed. The general Theme of his preachings ''give and it shall be given unto you''. . .''tithing is the way to open heavens''

2.must 3 million people gather in one place every month why do they have branches? Just a waste of land and space. That whole expanse of land with the 7billion invested in agriculture in it would touch more lives than his monthly ramblings.

3.didn't adeboye and his family members enjoy the free missionary education available in the old days? It would have been better if he didn't build the school at all. The bible says "freely ye recieved freely shall you give" people shouldn't pay over the top for good "christian" education.

4. Do you have proof he doesn't shop when he flies out?

5. That 70% of nigerians should be a concern to the church- afterall jesus claimed to come for the oppressed and poor - adeboye should at least show respect by not flaunting their money recklessly right in front of them.

6. You doubt his church is a profit making venture? Lets take a look at one of the arms of his business empire "redeemers university" - their school charges rank at the same level if not higher than those of secular private universities whose sole aim is to maximise profit. If you're an NGO or charity we should at least see a substantial difference in your M.O

7. I'm not in a court of law so stating a case is out of question. Nevertheless adeboye still remains a HOLY CRIMINAL!
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by deb(m): 1:20pm On Jun 25, 2009
When some people post on this thread, you could tell they are wise in their own eyes
yet they are very foolish.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by Tudor6(f): 1:31pm On Jun 25, 2009
^^^ Yeah, now apply the above to yourself. . .
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by deb(m): 1:52pm On Jun 25, 2009
Man I don't have your time jare.
How can you say a human being is not worthy to be called a living legend just because he is a pastor?
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by Tudor6(f): 2:18pm On Jun 25, 2009
Wrong! All i'm saying is a human being is unworthy of the 'living legend' badge whe he's done absolutely NOTHING to distinguish himself and is also a THIEF. Simple.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by Mowire: 4:28pm On Jun 25, 2009
Tudór:

Wrong! All i'm saying is a human being is unworthy of the 'living legend' badge whe he's done absolutely NOTHING to distinguish himself and is also a THIEF. Simple.

It is foolhardy to join issues with you. You are obviously TOO BLIND to ever see reason if it were a mountain right in front of you.

Go check out the meaning of the word LEGEND, then you will probaly see how irrational you are showing yourself to be.

You don't need to be on his side, all he needs is for some people to be on his side. People who believe he has achieve something.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by deb(m): 6:08pm On Jun 25, 2009

It is foolhardy to join issues with you. You are obviously TOO BLIND to ever see reason if it were a mountain right in front of you.

Go check out the meaning of the word LEGEND, then you will probaly see how irrational you are showing yourself to be.

You don't need to be on his side, all he needs is for some people to be on his side. People who believe he has achieve something.

Abi o cheesy grin completely foolhardy to be joining issues on this.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by Tudor6(f): 6:19pm On Jun 25, 2009
Define 'LEGEND' you morons. . .
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by Mowire: 6:30pm On Jun 25, 2009
Tudór:

You just confirmed what I said. cool

Have a nice life
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by Tudor6(f): 6:47pm On Jun 25, 2009
Have a nice life too?
While you're at it kindly compile a list of adeboye's achievments and juxtapose it with the definition of LEGEND.
Goodluck. cool
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by phantom(m): 11:01am On Jun 26, 2009
For those of you who dont know who a legend is,one died yesterday.A legend has an impact that cuts across religion,nationality,race,social strata and age.A legend does NOT have to be perfect before some of you start mentioning flaws.On the contrary being able to shine inspite of human failings is part of what makes a legend.My father remembers 'ABC' from the 60s or 70s,my little bro still tries to dance like him,my muslim colleague at the office is crazy about 'speechless'.I heard a street kid the other day singing 'heal the world'.'thriller' sold more than 50million copies all over the world.What about people who have a lifeline through money raised from concerts and shows.Which nigerian has the same impact in nigeria?Sadly, no one.Michael jackson was a legend.Even adeboye and 95% of RCCG will agree with me.The other 5% might soon come on NL raining abuses.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by bidex(m): 11:21am On Jun 26, 2009
Tudór:

Have a nice life too?
While you're at it kindly compile a list of adeboye's achievments and juxtapose it with the definition of LEGEND.
Goodluck. cool

Tudór:

i'll like to make it clear that this topic posted here is not meant for people with chicken brains and pig heart. it is a free world for everyone to put their opinions on this topic not for people to start insults and abusive words on anyone. i am in no support of the man Adeboye but that does not mean i should call him a thief or all sorts of names, i think we all need to watch our words and attitudes. we're all here to make our voice heard not our insults to be read here.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by Tudor6(f): 11:51am On Jun 26, 2009
^^^ You must have a brain tumour!
Calling adeboye a theif was done with reasons,its not an insult.
If you've chicken brain and pig heart,good but don't lay it on others.

At the rest of you butt-kissers, Micheal jackson a true legend died yesterday at 50. He made more impact to this word at age 40 than adeboye at 67. If adeboye were to die today,no one gives a damn except a few brainwashed members. He'd be forgotten and left in the past like his fellows idahosa and bimbo odukoya. M.J will be remembered for generations. . .THAT IS A TRUE LEGEND. grin
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by doleh: 1:33pm On Jun 26, 2009
, Tudor continues to present himself as the leader of the foolish mind. Comes here to argue based on what was told him and not what he actually see, Tudor, Tudor indeed , when you hear that name you can tell that you need no debate with him, O ya Tudor begin to dance and to debate yourself omo eranko ya yo, because you have a big head does not mean you have intelligent brain,
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by bidex(m): 1:42pm On Jun 26, 2009
doleh:

, Tudor continues to present himself as the leader of the foolish mind. Comes here to argue based on what was told him and not what he actually see, Tudor, Tudor indeed , when you hear that name you can tell that you need no debate with him, O ya Tudor begin to dance and to debate yourself omo eranko ya yo, because you have a big head does not mean you have intelligent brain,

doleh u have said it well. it is better to keep silence with a fool rather than exchanging words and make fool of oneself.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

11 Nigerian Soldiers Killed By Gunmen Buried / Olisa Metuh Drops SANs, Hires New Lawyer To Defend Him In Court / Ignore Senate, Abuja-kaduna Highway Now Safe For Travellers – El-rufai Tells Nig

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.