Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,193 members, 7,811,501 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:11 PM

Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady (91050 Views)

I Married A Stranger! I Caught My Wife With Her Boss At Ikeja Hotel! / ‘Family Cut Me Off Because I Married A Woman On Wheelchair’ / The Pretty Banker Who Married A Danfo Driver: True Love Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady by fart: 12:23pm On Jan 14, 2016
derespect:
If an Oyinbo man can appreciate Nigeria, who am I nt to be proud of my fatherland?
I am proudly Nigerian!

Please keep quiet there. Not body wants to marry your black Nigerian nyash grin
Re: Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady by hollandis(f): 12:38pm On Jan 14, 2016
Truthpallbearer:
I wouldn't have dignified you with a response but airhEead like you is the reason the world is in chaos today. Learn to be polite in ur discussions and stop throwing tantrums when your ignorance is exposed. Just learn and move on, You hate Nubian113 because she's a Muslim? Well I love her because she's a Muslim and an intelligent one for that matter.
Shut up mofo
Re: Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jan 14, 2016
fart:

Please keep quiet there. Not body wants to marry your black Nigerian nyash grin
Well, d problem abt democracy is dat even ignorant like u also has freedom of speech
Re: Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady by hollandis(f): 12:39pm On Jan 14, 2016
Mindfulness:

I am quite sure you have never left the Nigerian soil for even a day.
Yes I never did,he goat angry
Re: Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady by jagbajantus: 12:56pm On Jan 14, 2016
Chei, how some fine Wafi-girl come carry that im big yansh go give to Oyibo boy?
Na wa o. I don't blame the Oyibo boy sha. Him just dey enjoy that chocolate ponmo jeje.
Which one concern am. E don say im like fufu and soup. Good luck to them. Beautiful kids.
grin
Re: Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jan 14, 2016
hollandis:

Shut up mofo
Get a life dummie and quit hating on those that are far above your level. I'm offering you this advice for free- Spread the message of love, learn to be tolerant and be a good listener.

1 Like

Re: Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jan 14, 2016
hollandis:

Let me guess ,you also stay in the states .You want me to come smoking so you can exchange words .
Sorry you are a Muslim,GTFO .And years I am a bigot .Mutherfcuker

Please take my advice, STOP GUESSING grin grin grin

#RIP to my Queen of honour and wisdom my beautiful mother
Re: Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady by McSquishi(f): 2:35pm On Jan 14, 2016
I tell ppl often that the idea of White supremacy is the most successful reverse psychology propaganda in history. You have ppl that literally have a genetic skin defect that keeps melanin from properly producing convincing EVERYONE that bc of this defect they are better than those w/out it. And not only do they believe it, they've convinced most of the world of it. Because the imperialists and colonizers of the past several hundred years have had this pale skin mutation & successfully dominated the globe we stupidly discount the 100k+ years of human advancement where "White ppl" didn't even exist. We look at ppl w/ White skin as examples of civilization, intelligence, and beauty w/out questioning if this might just be successful brainwashing.

That's why when a White man acknowledges the great things he's gained from marrying his Nigerian wife, some ppl just can't believe it. Successful brainwashing. "How could the Great White see something good in us?", they think. To these brainwashed ppl, it's unlikely she could have upgraded him in any way. Surely they can think of hundreds of benefits the wife gains but can't think of any benefit for the the White guy though he listed a few himself! smfh

SmartMugu:

I think the only reason everyone is reading this is because the white man married a Nigerian woman. What people needs to know is that there are desperate white men who don't have anything at all but their skin color. With their skin color. Who knows if the Nigerian girl in question has a job and the 'white man' in question is just one of the homeless white men we see all over the place in foreign lands? What if she just needed a man in her life or papers too.

The man is already counting his blessings, he can travel to Nigeria if he wants - a feat for several foreigners, many of them don't even have passports and haven't travelled out of the confines of their states or countries. Many white people even think Africa is a country and all they know about it is what they see on TV, their documentaries only show them bushmen in some parts of Africa we also only see on TV.

3 Likes

Re: Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady by McSquishi(f): 2:55pm On Jan 14, 2016
Mindfulness:

I am quite sure you have never left the Nigerian soil for even a day.

Yes! What a fraud. smh...

5 Likes

Re: Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady by henryhemon(m): 3:14pm On Jan 14, 2016
lanicky:

Explain the boldened part pls undecided undecided

It's self explanatory.
Re: Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady by cyberdurable(m): 3:18pm On Jan 14, 2016
Re: Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady by redsun(m): 3:23pm On Jan 14, 2016
derespect:
If an Oyinbo man can appreciate Nigeria, who am I nt to be proud of my fatherland?
I am proudly Nigerian!

Nigeria is a zoo,he has to live there to see. Less than five percent of the population could be regarded as proper human beings.

1 Like

Re: Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady by tpiaobsession: 3:41pm On Jan 14, 2016
Nubian113:

What is the meaning of this?
Re: Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady by hollandis(f): 3:52pm On Jan 14, 2016
Truthpallbearer:
I wouldn't have dignified you with a response but airhEead like you is the reason the world is in chaos today. Learn to be polite in ur discussions and stop throwing tantrums when your ignorance is exposed. Just learn and move on, You hate Nubian113 because she's a Muslim? Well I love her because she's a Muslim and an intelligent one for that matter.
Hate her because she is a Muslim
I hate her because she is black but do not want to identify as one .Its laughable when she says she was ostracised by the black community .How can a black person claim to be white ,when they are not Michael Jackson
These are the kind of people that destroy the black community .
Re: Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady by hollandis(f): 3:54pm On Jan 14, 2016
Nubian113:

I am going to say this once and for all
Any black girl who says she is ostracised by the black community is a bastard pathetic liar .Any one with a black skin who says they have a drop of white blood is a stupidd delusional ingrate
Re: Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady by hollandis(f): 3:58pm On Jan 14, 2016
McSquishi:
I tell ppl often that the idea of White supremacy is the most successful reverse psychology propaganda in history. You have ppl that literally have a genetic skin defect that keeps melanin from properly producing convincing EVERYONE that bc of this defect they are better than those w/out it. And not only do they believe it, they've convinced most of the world of it. Because the imperialists and colonizers of the past several hundred years have had this pale skin mutation & successfully dominated the globe we stupidly discount the 100k+ years of human advancement where "White ppl" didn't even exist. We look at ppl w/ White skin as examples of civilization, intelligence, and beauty w/out questioning if this might just be successful brainwashing.

That's why when a White man acknowledges the great things he's gained from marrying his Nigerian wife, some ppl just can't believe it. Successful brainwashing. "How could the Great White see something good in us?", they think. To these brainwashed ppl, it's unlikely she could have upgraded him in any way. Surely they can think of hundreds of benefits the wife gains but can't think of any benefit for the the White guy though he listed a few himself! smfh

Who is talking about melanin here ?
Don't let me face you this morning angry

I am going to ask you a question once and answer

Are you white or black ?
Re: Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jan 14, 2016
hollandis:

Hate her because she is a Muslim
I hate her because she is black but do not want to identify as one .Its laughable when she says she was ostracised by the black community .How can a black person claim to be white ,when they are not Michael Jackson
These are the kind of people that destroy the black community .
Your first reason have been refuted, the same will apply to the second. She doesn't hate as you've earlier mentioned, she stated categorically what's obvious to sound minds and intellectuals that black needs to shun all forms discrimination among themselves. The whiteman doesn't hate blackman more than how the how blackman hates his kind. We are all humans and offspring of one man and woman Adam and Eve (peace be upon them both)

2 Likes

Re: Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady by hollandis(f): 4:18pm On Jan 14, 2016
Truthpallbearer:
Your first reason have been refuted, the same will apply to the second. She doesn't hate as you've earlier mentioned, she stated categorically what's obvious to sound minds and intellectuals that black needs to shun all forms discrimination among themselves. The whiteman doesn't hate blackman more than how the how blackman hates his kind. We are all Hym and offspring of one man and woman Adam and Eve (peace be upon them both)

Go and read what she said .Since you are dumb ,I wi highlight what she said

There is a small movement amongst ppl who are mixed Black who under "one-drop" are black but don't want to be confined to that label

I'm nowhere near mixed and I was more ostracized from the Black community at times than mixed girls I knew.

I have a lot of black people speak this exact words and I hate them instantly.
Black label ? Just imagine

FYI ,I was at Walmart some mins ago and the cash girl said was she white or black ( Apparently I was trying to return a product to a cash girl who sold the stuff but I misplaced the receipt ),I said I don't know .
SHE was bewildered when I told her she is neither white ot black .I dont like people mentioning others as black or white ,I look at peoples personality
Re: Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady by DDoubleUps(m): 4:24pm On Jan 14, 2016
derespect:

Smells, is Oyinbo a Nigerian? If a foreigner can appreciate ur country, who are u not to appreciate your country?
U just typed all in d name of u also want to make point. Get sense!
am not gonna cross worda with you, but I Will tell you that from your comment you said who are you not to like the country when an oyinbo like it, that means the oyinbo is something more than you are... But well enjoy your slavery
Re: Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jan 14, 2016
hollandis:

There is a small movement amongst ppl who are mixed Black who under "one-drop" are black but don't want to be confined to that label

I'm nowhere near mixed and I was more ostracized from the Black community at times than mixed girls I knew.

Black label ,just imagine

FYI ,I was at Walmart some mins ago and the cash girl said was she white or black ( I was trying to return a product to a cash girl who sold the stuff but I misplaced the receipt ),I said I don't know .
SHE was bewildered ,I dont like people mentioning others as black or white ,I look at peoples personality
I think the only dumb person here is you that couldn't read beyond her words to get the message she's trying to pass. I'm not a racist or a tribalist and the ladies you're accusing too. All what they're saying is there is no superior race as some people have meant us to believe

2 Likes

Re: Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady by hollandis(f): 4:33pm On Jan 14, 2016
Truthpallbearer:
I think the only dumb person here is you that couldn't read beyond her words to get the message she's trying to pass. I'm not a racist or a tribalist and the ladies you're accusing too. All what they're saying is there is no superior race as some people have meant us to believe

Shut up fooool,always sucking up to people .Does she pay for your services to be her advocate? I am going for my shift and this is the last time I will reply to you or any dumbass on this useless topic
Re: Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jan 14, 2016
hollandis:

Shut up fooool,always sucking up to people .Does she pay for your services to be her advocate? I am going for my shift and this is the last time I will reply to you or any dumbass on this useless topic
Madam like I've said before learn to be polite and be a good listener. I don't need to get paid to defend the truth. I don't compromise my integrity for anything. I can't say the same about you though. No hard feelings just trying to impart knowledge on you for free.

4 Likes

Re: Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jan 14, 2016
DDoubleUps:
am not gonna cross worda with you, but I Will tell you that from your comment you said who are you not to like the country when an oyinbo like it, that means the oyinbo is something more than you are... But well enjoy your slavery
The problem abt democracy is dat ignorant person like u also has freedom of speech.
Continue wt ur ignoramus behaviour.
Re: Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady by McSquishi(f): 5:00pm On Jan 14, 2016
hollandis:

Who is talking about melanin here ?
Don't let me face you this morning angry

I am going to ask you a question once and answer

Are you white or black ?

Why even bother responding to me when you obviously can't even comprehend what I wrote? This topic is way out of your lane. Intellect can't be faked, so stop trying. lol

4 Likes

Re: Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady by McSquishi(f): 5:30pm On Jan 14, 2016
hollandis:

Some mixed ppl have been fighting against the designation of "Black" for some time:
http://1nedrop.com/susie-guillory-phipps-the-state-of-louisiana-and-the-one-drop-rule/

And you've never heard of authors against one-drop rule like A.D. Powell:
https://tragicmulattos./2009/12/06/the-most-tragic-of-mulattos-ad-powell/

If you know anything (which you don't) you'd know that colorism is an issue even in the Black American community. Dark skinned women can be given a hard time for being too "Black" while mixed/light skinned women praised for being "light". Also, my vernacular was such that I was ignorantly teased for "talking White"... And yet still I'm more pro-AA & pro-Black than you could ever be. You don't understand these complicated dynamics in the AA community bc you aren't a part of it. I appreciate your passion but we don't need a bumbling idiot like you to champion for us. Thanks Anyway.

Black label ? Just imagine

FYI ,I was at Walmart some mins ago and the cash girl said was she white or black ( Apparently I was trying to return a product to a cash girl who sold the stuff but I misplaced the receipt ),I said I don't know .
SHE was bewildered when I told her she is neither white ot black .I dont like people mentioning others as black or white ,I look at peoples personality

As far as the last part of your rambling: you just made yourself clear to be the slow one I thought u were. You say you don't like ppl mentioning "black or white" you "look at people's personality" but you just finished saying in an earlier comments that you don't like White guys and said hateful things about Indians!! Lmao! That's hilarious.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jan 14, 2016
EnlightenedSoul:

Hhm. In my mind, I'd consider the US to be far more tolerant than Europe. I grew up in a podunk town in the US, but have no negatives to report dating arena or otherwise. Perhaps I've been living in a bubble.

It is nice to know. Like I said, European countries differ greatly. Some of them are very well-developed whereas others are not and the level of development has a great impact on people's mentality and way of thinking.

1 Like

Re: Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady by hollandis(f): 6:32pm On Jan 14, 2016
McSquishi:

As far as the last part of your rambling: you just made yourself clear to be the slow one I thought u were. You say you don't like ppl mentioning "black or white" you "look at people's personality" but you just finished saying in an earlier comments that you don't like White guys and said hateful things about Indians!! Lmao! That's hilarious.

Like typing in pink will make you feminine. I can't go out with a white guy meaning I am not physically attracted to them meaning ,I don't like them .You are too daft for a black person ,you should be an igloo aboriginal

Unlike you who have dated them all black mixed white Asian Indians .You are s disguisting retarded slut of a girl lowering the integrity of black girls .Disgrace !!!!
Re: Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady by SirShymexx: 6:42pm On Jan 14, 2016
McSquishi:
You're not very bright. The reason it's important to know if you're American in this context is because you are speaking on American culture/history. You have to have an understanding of it to have commentary that makes sense. Being a Black immigrant to the U.S. doesn't automatically enshrine you with all the experiences of being a Black American with generations spanning over the past few centuries, sorry.

And again, you should just stop. You're too small minded for words to describe. You don't see girls like me anywhere bc u don't know me or anything abt me. I have had dated outside of my race & it's no big deal. I don't see non-Black guys as accomplishments or trophies. There aren't "girls like us", you are nothing like me. If White men or non-Black men don't like you and you're sore abt it, that's a personal problem. Maybe don't hold them in high esteem?

You're calling me a sellout and all these dumb things bc I called you out on the dumb sht u were posting lying about mixed ppl in the Black community.

In the future, if you don't know what you're talking about, hush up.

Bolded is the most accurate thing u typed.

Err, I think the both of you are right to an extent. Albeit "hollandis" was a tad aggressive cos she doesn't find black men from other races attractive and outlook can differ, depending on environment. She lives in Detroit, which is a predominantly black area - so you can't compare her outlook to someone who lives in Iowa for example.

That said, in as much as the one-drop rule is still prevalent - that doesn't negate the fact that a lot of mixed folks are confused about their ethnicity and most of them don't really know which race to align with. You can look at Mariah Carey and how she only recently started aligning properly with her black side. Madison Keys is another example and she said she doesn't consider herself black. Willie Cauley-Stein also said he never really considered himself to be black, till he got to college. Ditto Jimmy Graham, Keyshia Cole (she said she wasn't sure she's black one time), Devyn Abdullah, Zoe Saldana, Tiger Woods, Wentworth Miller of Prison Break (he's mixed - his dad is black), Rashida Jones (Quincy Jones' daughter) etc..

1 Like

Re: Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady by mekybabe1: 6:48pm On Jan 14, 2016
Hahahaha! I know many of you would be mad bout my comment grin grin grin but am I not entitled to my own opinion? haba! quote author=STILESGANG post=41957456]God will bless you with a white man that will bash your low self esteem skul into a wall.Spits![/quote]
Re: Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady by McSquishi(f): 7:23pm On Jan 14, 2016
LoL you found a point in what this person is saying? Kudos. First of all, whoever that is is NOT from Detroit. There is no f'n way... Secondly, being from Detroit you think that means a person's perspective would eschew Indians? lol. C'mon. Being from Detroit doesn't impact whether you are open to dating interracially. Maybe in the 50's...

This person was saying mixed ppl aren't accepted by White or Black ppl, calling the the most disadvantaged bc of this supposed exile... she was not commenting on whether they see themselves as White or Black etc. So your points about Carey, Woods, etc actually goes to my point which stated many ppl who are mixed are avoiding the one drop rule concept and preferring not to be considered Black, which the faux Detroit native disagreed with... I appreciate your diplomacy but when you're attempting to advocate for someone who has all the common sense of a newborn donkey, it doesn't make u look much better... no offense

SirShymexx:

Err, I think the both of you are right to an extent. Albeit "hollandis" was a tad aggressive cos she doesn't find black men from other races attractive and outlook can differ, depending on environment. She lives in Detroit, which is a predominantly black area - so you can't compare her outlook to someone who lives in Iowa for example.

That said, in as much as the one-drop rule is still prevalent - that doesn't negate the fact that a lot of mixed folks are confused about their ethnicity and most of them don't really know which race to align with. You can look at Mariah Carey and how she only recently started aligning properly with her black side. Madison Keys is another example and she said she doesn't consider herself black. Willie Cauley-Stein also said he never really considered himself to be black, till he got to college. Ditto Jimmy Graham, Keyshia Cole (she said she wasn't sure she's black one time), Devyn Abdullah, Zoe Saldana, Tiger Woods, Wentworth Miller of Prison Break (he's mixed - his dad is black), Rashida Jones (Quincy Jones' daughter) etc..
Re: Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady by McSquishi(f): 7:25pm On Jan 14, 2016
hollandis:

Like typing in pink will make you feminine. I can't go out with a white guy meaning I am not physically attracted to them meaning ,I don't like them .You are too daft for a black person ,you should be an igloo aboriginal

Unlike you who have dated them all black mixed white Asian Indians .You are s disguisting retarded slut of a girl lowering the integrity of black girls .Disgrace !!!!

The color is red. Look, if I'm going to even have to teach you colors I swear this load is too heavy for me to carry. Smh

You can't say you don't like to mention "Black or White" but every comment you make mentions Black and White. You seem more stupid that way. Try again
Re: Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady by SirShymexx: 7:53pm On Jan 14, 2016
McSquishi:
LoL you found a point in what this person is saying? Kudos. First of all, whoever that is is NOT from Detroit. There is no f'n way... Secondly, being from Detroit you think that means a person's perspective would eschew Indians? lol. C'mon. Being from Detroit doesn't impact whether you are open to dating interracially. Maybe in the 50's...

This person was saying mixed ppl aren't accepted by White or Black ppl, calling the the most disadvantaged bc of this supposed exile... she was not commenting on whether they see themselves as White or Black etc. So your points about Carey, Woods, etc actually goes to my point which stated many ppl who are mixed are avoiding the one drop rule concept and preferring not to be considered Black, which the faux Detroit native disagreed with... I appreciate your diplomacy but when you're attempting to advocate for someone who has all the common sense of a newborn donkey, it doesn't make u look much better... no offense

Lmao...you're just too feisty for ya own good. No one is debating openness to interracial dating with you. That's a thing of choice - some are comfortable doing, while others don't feel comfortable about it. Personally, I think interracial dating is cool and folks should always keep their options.

However, I was pointing out the argument she made about mixed kids being confused sometimes and how they're accepted by the two races of people. You made an argument about one-drop rule, without looking at certain implications. Yes, if you're half-black, the black community will accept you into its fold but that doesn't negate the light-skinned(light skinned is used loosely for mixed people)/dark-skinned dichotomy. And not until recently, light skinned folks used to get bullied and called weak. Some even go as far as cursing out the white blood in them and label them as not being black enough. America is even worse...you can be an American and still have ya blackness questioned, especially if you were not raised in the black community in America and not in-tune with their "struggle". Kobe Bryant suffered that all through his career and folks still question his blackness, just cos he was raised in Italy.

How many times have black folks questioned the blackness of Russell Wilson? Then you've got rapper, Logic, whose blackness gets questioned, despite talking about his black father all the time.

As for white folks, when did they start accepting mixed people as white?

Anyway, the chic lives in Detroit and she's entitled to her opinions.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Lady Thanks Her Husband For Marrying Her (Photos) / The Pretty Banker Who Married A Danfo Driver: True Love Story / My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.