Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:17 AM

Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady (91043 Views)

I Married A Stranger! I Caught My Wife With Her Boss At Ikeja Hotel! / ‘Family Cut Me Off Because I Married A Woman On Wheelchair’ / The Pretty Banker Who Married A Danfo Driver: True Love Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jan 14, 2016
McSquishi:
LoL you found a point in what this person is saying? Kudos. First of all, whoever that is is NOT from Detroit. There is no f'n way... Secondly, being from Detroit you think that means a person's perspective would eschew Indians? lol. C'mon. Being from Detroit doesn't impact whether you are open to dating interracially. Maybe in the 50's...

This person was saying mixed ppl aren't accepted by White or Black ppl, calling the the most disadvantaged bc of this supposed exile... she was not commenting on whether they see themselves as White or Black etc. So your points about Carey, Woods, etc actually goes to my point which stated many ppl who are mixed are avoiding the one drop rule concept and preferring not to be considered Black, which the faux Detroit native disagreed with... I appreciate your diplomacy but when you're attempting to advocate for someone who has all the common sense of a newborn donkey, it doesn't make u look much better... no offense

ROFL grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jan 14, 2016
hollandis:

Go and read what she said .Since you are dumb ,I wi highlight what she said

There is a small movement amongst ppl who are mixed Black who under "one-drop" are black but don't want to be confined to that label

I'm nowhere near mixed and I was more ostracized from the Black community at times than mixed girls I knew.

I have a lot of black people speak this exact words and I hate them instantly.
Black label ? Just imagine

FYI ,I was at Walmart some mins ago and the cash girl said was she white or black ( Apparently I was trying to return a product to a cash girl who sold the stuff but I misplaced the receipt ),I said I don't know .
SHE was bewildered when I told her she is neither white ot black .I dont like people mentioning others as black or white ,I look at peoples personality

So the cash girl should have asked you what type of personality the lady who sold you the item had? grin

2 Likes

Re: Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady by lilreese: 8:53pm On Jan 14, 2016
Good for him.
Re: Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady by gemale(m): 9:09pm On Jan 14, 2016
Omo!!! Man must hustle 2 marry oyibo girl so as 2 produce beautiful half cast pikin & more importantly save money wey 9ja girl go kpakay use buy Brazilian hair.
Re: Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady by tpiah2: 9:18pm On Jan 14, 2016
67000 views because an Oyinbo married a Nigerian lady.

hm, Oshio will or wont like this o.
Re: Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady by McSquishi(f): 9:46pm On Jan 14, 2016
Again, "Miss Detroit" was not saying that the ppl themselves are confused about their identity. She said they are disadvantaged bc they are NOT ACCEPTED by either Black ppl or White ppl. *I* am the one who corrected her inaccuracy in pointing out how that Black ppl have historically accepted mixed race ppl into the Black community since slavery where the one-drop rule was essentially created. It isn't a new phenomenon that light skin is seen as positive either. A recent slave era narrative I read by the wife of a plantation owner remarked on a slave song that celebrated having a "yellow girl" (can't remember the name atm)... I know men at one point were teased in the Black community for light skin, women are not in the same way... if so it pales in comparison to the positive reinforcement. That's just "Black America 101" right there. You say light skinned ppl were bullied for not being Black enough, then bring up Kobe as an example (not light skinned)... & I too was told I am not Black enough which I mentioned to Miss Detroit and which she found unbelievable, & yet which now you confirm, even in your attempt to defend her asinine commentary.

You don't seem to grasp that your entire diatribe about "blackness" is best served preached to Miss Detroit. She is the one who believes that mixed kids are the only ppl who find difficulty fitting into the Black community. I said the opposite. Perhaps you didn't read the thread thoroughly and so are confused abt my positions.

I never said anything about White ppl accepting mixed kids. I've only ever shown the fallacy in the assertion that mixed kids aren't accepted as Black in America. I know for a fact that isn't true. And I stand by the point that I got more sht for being dark & talking White than many mixed/light skinned girls I knew ever did for their appearance.

Feisty I may be. I think reading is fundamental. And some of the things you're replying to me w/ shows you haven't bothered reading/comprehending much. Which makes me typing all of this a complete waste. Thus, I'll stop now.

Take care.

SirShymexx:

Lmao...you're just too feisty for ya own good. No one is debating openness to interracial dating with you. That's a thing of choice - some are comfortable doing, while others don't feel comfortable about it. Personally, I think interracial dating is cool and folks should always keep their options.

However, I was pointing out the argument she made about mixed kids being confused sometimes and how they're accepted by the two races of people. You made an argument about one-drop rule, without looking at certain implications. Yes, if you're half-black, the black community will accept you into its fold but that doesn't negate the light-skinned(light skinned is used loosely for mixed people)/dark-skinned dichotomy. And not until recently, light skinned folks used to get bullied and called weak. Some even go as far as cursing out the white blood in them and label them as not being black enough. America is even worse...you can be an American and still have ya blackness questioned, especially if you were not raised in the black community in America and not in-tune with their "struggle". Kobe Bryant suffered that all through his career and folks still question his blackness, just cos he was raised in Italy.

How many times have black folks questioned the blackness of Russell Wilson? Then you've got rapper, Logic, whose blackness gets questioned, despite talking about his black father all the time.

As for white folks, when did they start accepting mixed people as white?

Anyway, the chic lives in Detroit and she's entitled to her opinions.

5 Likes

Re: Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jan 14, 2016
McSquishi you don't need to stress your points any further like one bro said, "goat na goat if u like carry am cross border him go be still be goat" An obstinate person will forever remain one except under special conditions. SirShymexx ah sight you. Where is ya Iyalode (Missy89)?

2 Likes

Re: Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady by McSquishi(f): 10:08pm On Jan 14, 2016
Truthpallbearer:
McSquishi you don't need to stress your points any further like one bro said, "goat na goat if u like carry am cross border him go be still be goat" An obstinate person will forever remain one except under special conditions. SirShymexx ah sight you. Where is ya Iyalode (Missy89)?

You're absolutely right! By the end of my last write up I realized I am doing waaay too much and gaining wrinkles by the minute & for what?! Knowledge & education are my passions, but I can't get lost in trying to help guide the willfully ignorant. No more stressing, lol, thanks. xx
Re: Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jan 14, 2016
McSquishi:

You're absolutely right! By the end of my last write up I realized I am doing waaay too much and gaining wrinkles by the minute & for what?! Knowledge & education are my passions, but I can't get lost in trying to help guide the willfully ignorant. No more stressing, lol, thanks. xx
You are like Missy89 and Sagamite both of them are nemesis to half-baked scholars
Re: Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jan 14, 2016
McSquishi:
Again, "Miss Detroit" was not saying that the ppl themselves are confused about their identity. She said they are disadvantaged bc they are NOT ACCEPTED by either Black ppl or White ppl. *I* am the one who corrected her inaccuracy in pointing out how that Black ppl have historically accepted mixed race ppl into the Black community since slavery where the one-drop rule was essentially created. It isn't a new phenomenon that light skin is seen as positive either. A recent slave era narrative I read by the wife of a plantation owner remarked on a slave song that celebrated having a "yellow girl" (can't remember the name atm)... I know men at one point were teased in the Black community for light skin, women are not in the same way... if so it pales in comparison to the positive reinforcement. That's just "Black America 101" right there. You say light skinned ppl were bullied for not being Black enough, then bring up Kobe as an example (not light skinned)... & I too was told I am not Black enough which I mentioned to Miss Detroit and which she found unbelievable, & yet which now you confirm, even in your attempt to defend her asinine commentary.

You don't seem to grasp that your entire diatribe about "blackness" is best served preached to Miss Detroit. She is the one who believes that mixed kids are the only ppl who find difficulty fitting into the Black community. I said the opposite. Perhaps you didn't read the thread thoroughly and so are confused abt my positions.

I never said anything about White ppl accepting mixed kids. I've only ever shown the fallacy in the assertion that mixed kids aren't accepted as Black in America. I know for a fact that isn't true. And I stand by the point that I got more sht for being dark & talking White than many mixed/light skinned girls I knew ever did for their appearance.

Feisty I may be. I think reading is fundamental. And some of the things you're replying to me w/ shows you haven't bothered reading/comprehending much. Which makes me typing all of this a complete waste. Thus, I'll stop now.

Take care.

McSquishi:

I am sure everyone learned a thing or two from your comments. Moreover, I enjoyed reading them a lot cheesy You made my day grin grin

Cool. cool

2 Likes

Re: Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady by Sehindemi(f): 10:52pm On Jan 14, 2016
Flashh:

Why so pained over it?
Pained U said?
Don't be silly!

I only wanted U to be conscious of Ur brain wen spitting out trash next time!
Re: Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady by SirShymexx: 10:55pm On Jan 14, 2016
McSquishi:

Take care.

Lol. You keep jumping up and down like a chihuahua on heat. That's why a lot of you always sound obnoxious like stark illiterates. I didn't use Kobe Bryant as an example of the light-skinned/dark-skinned dichotomy. I just expanded on how in the African American community, you can also be deemed "not black enough" for not being able to understand the "struggle" due to being raised in a different place, despite being African American. That's how complex their community is.

Now, back to you and hollandis. I'd say both of you are right, in a way, in my first post. However, cos she has a view synonymous with a a lot of African Americans, that doesn't mean she's wrong. Apart from the African continent and Africans - blacks folks in general don't glamourise being light-skinned folks and she's right when she said some of them are confused. And I already cited a few mixed celebrities who are confused about their ethnicity.

Also, when we start talking how they're accepted - that is also very tricky. Yes, the white community still doesn't see them as white. While they're accepted in the black community, but the level of acceptance varies. I grew up in an era where most black chics didn't find them attractive and I still know a lot of chics who don't find them attractive. Then you have cases where they get bullied and their blackness being from time to time. So you can't really say that they're fully accepted in the black community - so she is right to an extent.

Even Obama had the same problem when he first started campaigning to become POTUS as a Senator, despite his background as a community organiser in the South Side of Chicago and working with so many black leaders. The black community in America never really accepted him at first and the sentiment was that he wasn't black enough. They only started rallying around him after they saw that he had momentum and also cos of his wife, hence his wife handled everything in his electioneering that had to do with the black community. His pastor also helped. He also did a lot of media ops to show that he's black enough by always alluding to playing basketball and listening to hip-hop music.

I can see you ignored the example I cited about Russell Wilson and how his blackness gets questioned from time to time cos he's mixed.

The problem with a lot of you is that you talk more than you listen, without any understanding whatsoever of the complexities of things.

1 Like

Re: Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady by SirShymexx: 10:58pm On Jan 14, 2016
Truthpallbearer:

Another village illiterate sighted.

What do you lot even know about racial classification and acceptability outside ya villages in Africa?

1 Like

Re: Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady by tpiah2: 10:58pm On Jan 14, 2016
so you are mentioning Obama's campaign without mentioning Oprah?

why is that?
Re: Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady by Flashh: 11:02pm On Jan 14, 2016
Sehindemi:

Pained U said?
Don't be silly!

I only wanted U to be conscious of Ur brain wen spitting out trash next time!
All these hogwash just because I called her a good wife.

You just proved to me how it hurts you when they compliment another woman.

Go and tell your family and your husband to be conscious of their brain. Punk ass. grin
Re: Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady by SirShymexx: 11:03pm On Jan 14, 2016
tpiah2:
so you are mentioning Obama's campaign without mentioning Oprah?

why is that?

Yes. Oprah also helped. Ditto Farakkhan.

But after first, he wasn't accepted in the black community and they said he wasn't black enough.

1 Like

Re: Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady by McSquishi(f): 11:06pm On Jan 14, 2016
I know how u used Kobe as an example. THAT was my point. Lots of ppl can say they were excluded or felt not Black enough w/out it ever having to do with being mixed. I used my personal experience with that to elucidate that point. All was lost on her and you too apparently.

Look, I can't make your reading comprehension issues my own. I won't. You are calling "Miss Detroit"'s views typical of some African Americans but what view is that exactly? You are simply talking out of your butt just in a more diplomatic and pseudo-intellectual way than she did. I understand you want to be captain save-a-dummy or play devil's advocate but please get your jollies w/out including me next time. Thanks

SirShymexx:

Lol. You keep jumping up and down like a chihuahua on heat. That's why a lot of you always sound obnoxious like stark illiterates. I didn't use Kobe Bryant as an example of the light-skinned/dark-skinned dichotomy. I just expanded on how in the African American community, you can also be deemed "not black enough" for not being able to understand the "struggle" due to being raised in a different place, despite being African American. That's how complex their community is.

Now, back to you and hollandis. I'd say both of you are right, in a way, in my first post. However, cos she has a view synonymous with a a lot of African Americans, that doesn't mean she's wrong. Apart from the African continent and Africans - blacks folks in general don't glamourise being light-skinned folks and she's right when she said some of them are confused. And I already cited a few mixed celebrities who are confused about their ethnicity.

Also, when we start talking how they're accepted - that is also very tricky. Yes, the white community still doesn't see them as white. While they're accepted in the black community, but the level of acceptance varies. I grew up in an era where most black chics didn't find them attractive and I still know a lot of chics who don't find them attractive. Then you have cases where they get bullied and their blackness being from time to time. So you can't really say that they're fully accepted in the black community - so she is right to an extent.

Even Obama had the same problem when he first started campaigning to become POTUS as a Senator, despite his background as a community organiser in the South Side of Chicago and working with so many black leaders. The black community in America never really accepted him at first and the sentiment was that he wasn't black enough. They only started rallying around him after they saw that he had momentum and also cos of his wife, hence his wife handled everything in his electioneering that had to do with the black community. His pastor also helped. He also did a lot of media ops to show that he's black enough by always alluding to playing basketball and listening to hip-hop music.

I can see you ignored the example I cited about Russell Wilson and how his blackness gets questioned from time to time cos he's mixed.

The problem with a lot of you is that you talk more than you listen, without any understanding whatsoever of the complexities of things.

3 Likes

Re: Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady by McSquishi(f): 11:10pm On Jan 14, 2016
Btw, people are stupid. Obama wasn't supported by Black ppl bc we didn't think a Black man could win, esp not against Hillary Clinton. He gained Blk support after his Iowa win. His lack of Black support had NOTHING to do w/ him being mixed as unknowing ppl would have u believe. There are very few average ppl who even knew well his half White story until he became popular. He "looks" Black, more Black than some ppl we already accept as Black ie Colin Powell.
Re: Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady by SirShymexx: 11:13pm On Jan 14, 2016
McSquishi:
I know how u used Kobe as an example. THAT was my point. Lots of ppl can say they were excluded or felt not Black enough w/out it ever having to do with being mixed. I used my personal experience with that to elucidate that point. All was lost on her and you too apparently.

Look, I can't make your reading comprehension issues my own. I won't. You are calling "Miss Detroit"'s views typical of some African Americans but what view is that exactly? You are simply talking out of your butt just in a more diplomatic and pseudo-intellectual way than she did. I understand you want to be captain save-a-dummy or play devil's advocate but please get your jollies w/out including me next time. Thanks

Lol. I now see ya case is about scoring brownie points from ya fellow village illiterates over someone whose views are in line with the views of a lot of people in the environment she lives in.

How about shut ya gob and listen to someone with a better understanding of the complexities of race. Will you?

What she posited is right and some of the things you said are right (one-drop rule). Learn to keep ya angry black woman syndrome in check.

1 Like

Re: Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady by Sehindemi(f): 11:14pm On Jan 14, 2016
Flashh:

All these hogwash just because I called her a good wife.

You just proved to me how it hurts you when they compliment another woman.

Go and tell your family and your husband to be conscious of their brain. Punk ass. grin
Lolzzz..

Truth z always bitter!
Re: Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady by SirShymexx: 11:16pm On Jan 14, 2016
McSquishi:
Btw, people are stupid. Obama wasn't supported by Black ppl bc we didn't think a Black man could win, esp not against Hillary Clinton. He gained Blk support after his Iowa win. His lack of Black support had NOTHING to do w/ him being mixed as unknowing ppl would have u believe. There are very few average ppl who even knew well his half White story until he became popular. He "looks" Black, more Black than some ppl we already accept as Black ie Colin Powell.

So you mean his blackness wasn't questioned? The same guy whose blackness was still being questioned even after he became president.

You are so dumb and clueless it is not even funny. This is why they always tell you lot to talk less and listen more loool.

1 Like

Re: Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady by Flashh: 11:17pm On Jan 14, 2016
Sehindemi:

Lolzzz..

Truth z always bitter!
The truth is far from you. Laughing at your ignorance. Lol
Re: Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady by tpiah2: 11:17pm On Jan 14, 2016
SirShymexx:

Yes. Oprah also helped. Ditto Farakkhan.

But after first, he wasn't accepted in the black community and they said he wasn't black enough.

yes, after Oprah stepped in, that changed.
Re: Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady by Step84(m): 11:28pm On Jan 14, 2016
ronald4ever:

I think he's just stating the benefits of marrying a Nigerian, not the reason he got attracted to her and married her. Both aren't same.

Except, people now get attracted to people and fall in love with them based on their country of origin then I'd say I'm learning that for the first time and I daresay is a wrong reason to fall in love.
Man, read well, he married her because she's a Nigerian considering his statements. Meanwhile Nigeria has the most beautiful cultures in the whole wide world. Check it out!
Re: Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady by Sehindemi(f): 11:29pm On Jan 14, 2016
[quote author=Flashh post=41984141]
[i]The truth is far from you. Laughing at your ignorance. Lol[
[quote]
It'z rlly worse than I thut..

I pity Ur unborn kidz!
Re: Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady by McSquishi(f): 11:32pm On Jan 14, 2016
SirShymexx:

Lol. I now see ya case is about scoring brownie points from ya fellow village illiterates over someone whose views are in line with the views of a lot of people in the environment she lives in.

How about shut ya gob and listen to someone with a better understanding of the complexities of race. Will you?

What she posited is right and some of the things you said are right (one-drop rule). Learn to keep ya angry black woman syndrome in check.

You can't answer a simple question: what view does Miss Detroit espouse that is in line w/ many AA's as u say?

You're blowing smoke out your bum and that's why your comments have gotten more & more ad hominem focused. Subscribing to "angry black woman" when u came here to defend a woman so angry she's talking of all the ppl she hates? Boy get lost w/ this foolishness! Lmbao

4 Likes

Re: Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady by SirShymexx: 11:33pm On Jan 14, 2016
tpiah2:

yes, after Oprah stepped in, that changed.

Don't mind the obnoxious weasel. They don't even know it took time before Obama got accepted by black community, hence a lot of things were deferred to Michelle at the beginning cos she's as black as you can get from the South Side of Chicago.

These folks just jump on every topic and start posting ignorant crap. It is only in Africa that black people glamourise being light skinned in the black community. Maybe South America as well. It is different everywhere else.

1 Like

Re: Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady by tpiah2: 11:36pm On Jan 14, 2016
yes, Michelle is black but she has white ancestry.
Re: Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady by McSquishi(f): 11:36pm On Jan 14, 2016
SirShymexx:

So you mean his blackness wasn't questioned? The same guy whose blackness was still being questioned even after he became president.

You are so dumb and clueless it is not even funny. This is why they always tell you lot to talk less and listen more loool.

Link an article where his Blackness (related to his mixed ancestry) is questioned. His loyalty to the Black community? Sure. Whether he's an "Uncle Tom" (a BLACK man traitor to his ppl)? Perhaps. His blackness isn't questioned bc his mom is White. Stop the lies!
Re: Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady by Sehindemi(f): 11:37pm On Jan 14, 2016
Flashh:

Flashh:

Re: Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady by Flashh: 11:42pm On Jan 14, 2016
Sehindemi:

It'z worse than I thut..

I pity Ur unborn kidz!
Why are you coming up with senseless replies? Must you chat with me tonight?

2 Likes

Re: Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady by SirShymexx: 11:43pm On Jan 14, 2016
McSquishi:

You can't answer a simple question: what view does Miss Detroit espouse that is in line w/ many AA's as u say?

You're blowing smoke out your bum and that's why your comments have gotten more & more ad hominem focused. Subscribing to "angry black woman" when u came here to defend a woman so angry she's talking of all the ppl she hates? Boy get lost w/ this foolishness! Lmbao

Lol. Case of pot and kettle cos you were both angry. All I did as a black man was to point out where the both of you are right. But rather than listen - you had to vent on me as well like an angry black woman on steroids. And when white guys call you lot bull dogs, you will start getting angry. You sound like an angry chihuahua and an obnoxious one lol. Only God knows what ya face looks like with the nappy hair lol.

What she said that's in line with the mentality of a lot of AAs:

- Some mixed race folks are confused (I already cited examples and I can post more if you want).

- Mixed race folks aren't accepted by both communities. And she is right to an extent. White folks don't see them as white. And though they are technically accepted in the black community, it comes with a baggage and it isn't uncommon to see folks question their blackness.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Lady Thanks Her Husband For Marrying Her (Photos) / The Pretty Banker Who Married A Danfo Driver: True Love Story / My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.