Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,617 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC (55947 Views)

What Is The Full Meaning Of EFCC? See Hilarious Answers / Senate Suspends Confirmation Of 27 INEC RECs Over Magu's Leadership of EFCC / Man Beaten By Army Cadets For Complimenting A Female Cadet Recounts His Ordeal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jan 13, 2016
asadike:
Metuh nwanna, give me five! u are a true son of your father. Na you fit EFCC. The igbo blood runs in you. chai! ndi igbo and boldness are like bread and butter.

Menh you need to see minority leader in HOR talking authoritatively for EFCC to realeas Oliseh Metuh, We IGBOS are bold and fearless unlike our broyhers from the Waste ,manwhile the Minority leader in the SENATE AKPABIO has not said anything undecided
Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jan 13, 2016
ISpiksDaTroof:
If this was here in the States, does this pendejo know that he just talked himself into at least 20 years in Prison?! HE HAS NO DEFENSE!!!

And why is the EFCC allowing all sorts of characters visit inmates pending trial? The ONLY people that should be allowed to visit him PRE-TRIAL are his legal team; even his spouse should only be allowed to speak to him on monitored phone calls and only for a few minutes each week until the conclusion of proceedings. He should not be allowed access to his PERSONAL phones, and his letters--- both incoming and outgoing--- except VERIFIED Attorney/Client correspondence should be monitored. The result of neglecting control of Pre-Trial Inmates is the idiocy we see in the above article.

Anyway, Nigeria is still learning, hopefully they get it right before it's too late.

So in those states (lagos, abia, osun, imo, rivers, edo, sokoto, bornu), they arrest people before investigation?

And they refuse bail when granted by a competent court?

They also detain people endlessly without charging them to court even when they feel they have evidences against the accused?

They refuse to charge people to court?

They people arrested pronounced guilty because the president said so and not the court?

You are .........., you know now.
Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by FisifunKododada: 7:26pm On Jan 13, 2016
onyengbu:

Someone built a website with 82 million naira and you have defended him vigorously. Today he is a super minister.
Yet you have the guts to open your mouth to ask what kind of assignment.

I am sure Metuh would have answered you that it is a Presidential Assignment. If you don't like it, go to court!

cool Please provide the post(s) where I defended this "someone...vigorously?"
Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by Keystonn: 7:27pm On Jan 13, 2016
EFCC and DSS keep granting press release dat metuh said 'this nd that' when metuh has said nothing ...

Lol

Charge him to court if u hav a case against him
Stop holding him hostage while concocting lies against on outside /media

1 Like

Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by Student125(m): 7:28pm On Jan 13, 2016
alcmene:
Adeyanju Deji, the Peoples Democratic Party’s director of new media, has narrated how he visited Olisa Metuh, the PDP’s spokesperson, who was arrested by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) last week.

Deji further quoted Metuh saying: “They have tried to blackmail & spoil my name. Just imagine all they have said about me. Telling lies against me.

“First they said I was collecting N5million Naira monthly from office of NSA, imagine if u were my staff how u will feel hearing that. Imagine how all the news people & my staff working with me felt when they heard I was collecting N5milion Naira from Dasuki. They will say so this man was a wicked man. So he was collecting money from Dasuki & other places & was always telling us no money.

“Then they said I received N1.4billion, another big lie. All what they wanted was for everybody to see me like a common thief & hate me.

“Finally they came back to say I only got N400million. I have made a statement that former president asked me to do an assignment 4 him. In my statement, I stated that former president Jonathan gave me an assignment, he asked for an account & I gave him my company account. I got N400m which I used for the job he asked me to do. I gave a report to him of job done & he was satisfied. I have a copy of the report I submitted to the former president. EfCC asked me who I shared the money to & said it’s not their buz.

“That if they have any evidence against me, they should charge me to court. I have not called anyone’s name & will never call anyone. It is not a crime to carry out an assignment for a president & successfully do it as well. I have no regrets.

“They asked me for a copy of my report to the former president. I asked them are they the Court? I stated in my statement that it is a lie that I was collecting N5m Naira monthly from Dasuki or anyone in GEJ’s government. I stated they should investigate me thoroughly. If I have ever received any kobo from any parastatal or agency then I will plead guilty.”

Deji noted that Metuh commended the PDP and all members of the party for the great job during the governorship elections in Bayelsa state.

Continuing his narration, Metuh was quoted to have said:

“Imagine the EFCC boss sent my lawyer to me to ask me to return some of the money from the N400m. Unbelievable.

“Deji this government are not interested in democracy or civil liberty at all. You are guilty once they say so.

“Reason why they are doing media trials is because they have noting to offer this nation. That’s why they are doing this Telemundo.

“All what we told them is the same thing the IMF woman came to tell them. We told them u can’t borrow to fund 2016 budget. What we told them about Dollar is what they have finally agreed to do now. They have no ideas or clue about governance.

“They don’t believe in democracy or the notion of “innocent before proven guilty.” They want to silent every critic.”

https://www.naij.com/694901-metuh-told-visited-yesterday-pdp-new-media-boss.html

Can u substantiate ds or s just one of those propaganda
Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by marlockj: 7:28pm On Jan 13, 2016
Jazzlite:

IF A COUP HAPPENS TOMORROW DON'T COMPLAIN.
SINCE YOU HAVE REFUSED 2 FOLLOW THE RULE OF LAW ...... DON'T MURMUR IF YOU START RECEIVING YOUR ALERTS!

Yes better,when my gej was There he was too afraid of Ppl and too soft.here is a true president.

Deal with this corrupt ppl. If gej had arrested corrupt Ppl in his tenure all this shittt culd Nt Hv happen.

Yet our fellow Nigeria delta was too soft.

I Lov this. Arrest any body since we common men can't arrest them or beat and kill them on the road Lik anger mob.the president will help us

I cn Neva pity any politician, afterall they are the ones that gv hungry youth guns to kill during election and abandon their Ppl later.

Sharing drinks n abandon their Ppl.

Buhari pls arrest as many as possible

1 Like

Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jan 13, 2016
asadike:
Metuh nwanna, give me five! u are a true son of your father. Na you fit EFCC. The igbo blood runs in you. chai! ndi igbo and boldness are like bread and butter.
NNE! I Mara MMa nwanyi.
Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by Dhotseal(m): 7:31pm On Jan 13, 2016
ISpiksDaTroof:
If this was here in the States, does this pendejo know that he just talked himself into at least 20 years in Prison?! HE HAS NO DEFENSE!!!

And why is the EFCC allowing all sorts of characters visit inmates pending trial? The ONLY people that should be allowed to visit him PRE-TRIAL are his legal team; even his spouse should only be allowed to speak to him on monitored phone calls and only for a few minutes each week until the conclusion of proceedings. He should not be allowed access to his PERSONAL phones, and his letters--- both incoming and outgoing--- except VERIFIED Attorney/Client correspondence should be monitored. The result of neglecting control of Pre-Trial Inmates is the idiocy we see in the above article.

Anyway, Nigeria is still learning, hopefully they get it right before it's too late.

I doubt you are really in the US or if you are, u simply dnt know anything about the legal system.

Where under the American jurisprudence is it acceptable to detain a citizen for weeks without charging him with a crime?
Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by Jazzlite: 7:32pm On Jan 13, 2016
I PROPHESY A COUP IN NIGERIA..... VERY SOON.
marlockj:

Yes better,when my gej was There he was too afraid of Ppl and too soft.here is a true president.

Deal with this corrupt ppl. If gej had arrested corrupt Ppl in his tenure all this shittt culd Nt Hv happen.

Yet our fellow Nigeria delta was too soft.

I Lov this. Arrest any body since we common men can't arrest them or beat and kill them on the road Lik anger mob.the president will help us

I cn Neva pity any politician, afterall they are the ones that gv hungry youth guns to kill during election and abandon their Ppl later.

Sharing drinks n abandon their Ppl.

Buhari pls arrest as many as possible
Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by poseidon12: 7:34pm On Jan 13, 2016
ISpiksDaTroof:

Are you really sure you understand the legal system of the States? Don't you think that "if it was here in the States," he would have been charged to court and released on bail? But here the EFCC and DSS keep playing games with people's fundamental rights.

1 Like

Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by onyengbu: 7:38pm On Jan 13, 2016
Even a cybercafe attendant in OSUN STATE de claim Yankee.
Odiegwu!
Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by godoluwa(m): 7:39pm On Jan 13, 2016
phemmie06:
Oga Methu sorry oooooo . But what assignment cost 400 million naira. If it was to construct a building it must be expensive than Dangote's house. Or can't the public know it
let metuh be charged to court b4 u jump into conclusion
Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by Willybos(m): 7:39pm On Jan 13, 2016
cktheluckyman:

But you are yet to prove he stole a dime!! Take him to court and prove your case or forever remain silent!!
would u close that your 635 buccalvity. what du u kno?
Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by akinyeleaa: 7:40pm On Jan 13, 2016
He clearly admitted collecting 400million what purpose it was for, he couldnt state, and some folks are still shouting Igbo spirit. Do these people mean the Igbo spirit is that of an unrepentant pilferer. I mean how low can people go to support their kinsman, even when he admitted collecting money, for which he can't explain.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but is he saying if someone is arrested, say a theif and he is interrogated, he can refuse answering telling them he will only respond in court

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by FisifunKododada: 7:40pm On Jan 13, 2016
sunnyb0b0:

The part in bold could be true but N400M ain't a "lot" of money to me. We used more than half if that to give out thank you gifts to our distributors and outstanding staff in form of if 50 brand new Toyota Corolla cars.

If I mention one of our products here, I'd be risking exposing my identity.
?
Shalom.

cool We- you mean the company you work for?. Just because your company is worth more than $2M does not mean you can say that about yourself.unless, of course,you own major (and I mean seriously MAJOR) shares in that company. I work for a multinational Tech/consulting corporation, that does not mean I am automatically worth billions of dollars. When we talk about Nigeria, we need to be as honest as possible. There are millions of our fellow countrymen who are living on less than $1 per day. All hands must be on deck to combat the scourge of corrupt practices.

Peace out.

1 Like

Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by arsenal33: 7:41pm On Jan 13, 2016
its a pity he cannot mention the job he did to earn 400m

2 Likes

Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by marlockj: 7:41pm On Jan 13, 2016
Jazzlite:
I PROPHESY A COUP IN NIGERIA..... VERY SOON.

Guess rest u Dnt Hv anything to say!!!!

Who knows you and who will listen to this your shitttt!!!!

Coup in nigeria are u in Zimbabwe?

1 Like

Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by Mcsammy4u(m): 7:42pm On Jan 13, 2016
Speaking for Olisa Metuh's, oga EFCC if you want the money come and collect it. Thank you
Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by mustmust(m): 7:42pm On Jan 13, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
Wailers can lie!

Na apc liars wail pass o cheesy

1 Like

Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by deyemia: 7:43pm On Jan 13, 2016
alcmene:

What is your business with what he used the said millions for?

Charge him to court as they are the in the best position to ask him such questions

For all i know, all these your mouth and support for metuh, as you be ibo man, if them give you small money say 50K; Metuh own don finish. You go turn your back. Typical ibo man.

If your blood sister be one of those chibok girls you go understand wetin we dey try talk.

Aanu!

3 Likes

Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by mustmust(m): 7:45pm On Jan 13, 2016
akinyeleaa:
He clearly admitted collecting 400million what purpose it was for, he couldnt state, and some folks are still shouting Igbo spirit. Do these people mean the Igbo spirit is that of an unrepentant pilferer. I mean how low can people go to support their kinsman, even when he admitted collecting money, for which he can't explain.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but is he saying if someone is arrested, say a theif and he is interrogated, he can refuse answering telling them he will only respond in court

Rubbish. He was given a job to do and did it. Was he told he was being Paid from arms deal fund? If they have any substantial case charge him to court simple.

1 Like

Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by Abel202: 7:46pm On Jan 13, 2016
[b]I love the fact that Buhari wants to fight corruption to a stand still. But I think he should have done some reforms first before starting his war. Obasanjo created the Efcc & ICPC. He deed his best in fighting corruption with some loopholes observed. Yaradua & Jonathan should have improved on these agencies but they nearly killed the fight against corruption. Which goes to show that if Buhari is to be sucessful in this fight, then some reforms are needed. I thought he would have done these before starting ab initio:

1. Create special courts for corruption cases.
2. A maximum 6 or 8 Months term be stipulated for all corruption cases up to the Supreme court.
3. Reform the Efcc so that before they ever arrest any indivual they should have almost concluded their investigation, and then charge him to court straight.

If he had done the above as a prelude before starting the war against corruption, we wouldnt be running into this sort of mess where rule of law seems to be completely trampled upon.

What we need are real convictions. Not Efcc has arrested this person, that person and detained so so & so. If at the end the Efcc couldnt get these purportedly corrupt individuals indicted & convicted by a proper court of law, then this would be a huge joke.
The war on corruption can only be won if its realy institutionalised and not to the whims and caprices of any sitting president.
Obasanjo did well in creating the Efcc, Buhari should go further to reform the Efcc and the Judiciary in line with my above suggestion so that the war would not continualy run into quagmires..[/b]

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by Jazzlite: 7:46pm On Jan 13, 2016
this same myopism ruined PMB in the 80's... laff again when it happens.... IT WILL BE THE SAME SPEECH IBB READ THAT WILL BE RE-READ!

marlockj:

Guess rest u Dnt Hv anything to say!!!!

Who knows you and who will listen to this your shitttt!!!!

Coup in nigeria are u in Zimbabwe?
Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by Fawklicant: 7:47pm On Jan 13, 2016
akinyeleaa:

Money was given to him by the president for an assignment. There is a report to back up the claim. If the EFCC has an issue, take it up with the giver. If you want both, charge Metuh to court and invite GEJ to throw more light on the transaction. Accusing him of stealing 1.4billion Naira, then reducing it to 400 million...and asking him to refund it smacks of mischief pure and simple. I hope Metuh sues the EFCC and FG when he is eventually released.

1 Like

Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by Fawklicant: 7:49pm On Jan 13, 2016
deyemia:

For all i know, all these your mouth and support for metuh, as you be ibo man, if them give you small money say 50K; Metuh own don finish. You go turn your back. Typical ibo man.

If your blood sister be one of those chibok girls you go understand wetin we dey try talk.

Aanu!

Abeg provide proof that there are missing Chibok girls. Just provide it.

1 Like

Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by gabmanuel(m): 7:49pm On Jan 13, 2016
amtaken:
My APC colleague told me that Buhari is the worst thing to ever happen to Nigeria. She said that Buhari is a punishment to Nigeria.let's pray for our country.
liar...
Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by mustmust(m): 7:49pm On Jan 13, 2016
Fawklicant:

Money was given to him by the president for an assignment. There is a report to back up the claim. If the EFCC has an issue, take it up with the giver. If you want both, charge Metuh to court and invite GEJ to throw more light on the transaction. Accusing him of stealing 1.4billion Naira, then reducing it to 400 million...and asking him to refund it smacks of mischief pure and simple. I hope Metuh sues the EFCC and FG when he is eventually released.

A million likes

1 Like

Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by asadike(f): 7:50pm On Jan 13, 2016
SHAIBULIAR:
we know that most people from that part of the country are like you,you are always supporting criminals and criminality. To you people this kind of thing is business,but be rest assured that metuh go hear am
tongue Na so e pain u reach? Ntorr! No apologies. Even if una like, make una kill am, metuh have proven to be a true igbo blood. chai! even if he walk through d deepest darkness, metuh will not be afraid.

1 Like

Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by NOETHNICITY(m): 7:50pm On Jan 13, 2016
mustmust:

Na apc liars wail pass o cheesy
Who lied to us for 16yrs? It takes only natural born liar to sustain a lying acumen for 16yrs!And till now they re yet to stop!

1 Like

Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by akinyeleaa: 7:51pm On Jan 13, 2016
Fawklicant:

An assignment he cannot explain?
Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by Arnoldo(m): 7:52pm On Jan 13, 2016
ISpiksDaTroof:

And in ur states how many weeks d they hold a suspect b4 charging to court And do they release info on ongoing investigation to the press/social media?
Re: Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC by Fawklicant: 7:52pm On Jan 13, 2016
Dhotseal:

I doubt you are really in the US or if you are, u simply dnt know anything about the legal system.

Where under the American jurisprudence is it acceptable to detain a citizen for weeks without charging him with a crime?

The guy is hiding inside a container. He is just misinterpreting CSI.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Hon. Benji Ojietu Catches Bush Meat (Photos) / Aerial View Of Atiku's Presidential Rally In Lagos (Pictures) / Wole Soyinka Reacts To Suspension Of Twitter In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.