Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,540 members, 7,827,014 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? (14527 Views)

Poll: Can you?

Yes: 40% (41 votes)
No: 59% (61 votes)
This poll has ended

Housewife Caught Having Sex With Lover, Fined N50,000 / Who Wants To Be A Housewife? / Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? by ThoniaSlim(f): 11:20am On Jul 04, 2009
I can't be bursting my ass out in Uni right now. . .to end up as a housewife. . .just one thing that ain't gonna happen. . .and any man I marry would have to understand and accept this or move on!
Re: Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? by April22(f): 6:34pm On Jul 04, 2009
Someone in this thread said that stay at home moms/housewives have way more children than women who work do. I've noticed that too. I'm starting to wonder if they do that to avoid going back to work.
Re: Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? by seunnowell: 8:35pm On Jul 04, 2009
ThoniaSlim:

I can't be bursting my ass out in Uni right now. . .to end up as a housewife. . .just one thing that ain't gonna happen. . .and any man I marry would have to understand and accept this or move on!

story!
Re: Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? by origina9ja(f): 12:44pm On Jul 06, 2009
April22:

Someone in this thread said that stay at home moms/housewives have way more children than women who work do. I've noticed that too. I'm starting to wonder if they do that to avoid going back to work.
i dont know
humm good observation
Re: Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? by Consultant(f): 3:31pm On Jul 06, 2009

It's probably because it's easier. Having carried my last pregnancy (morning sickness and all) in the middle of an intense SAP implementation, I have determined not to do it again unless I have a less tasking job, or I am working from home.
Re: Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? by SeanT21(f): 10:54pm On Jul 06, 2009
Consultant:

It's probably because it's easier. Having carried my last pregnancy (morning sickness and all) in the middle of an intense SAP implementation, I have determined not to do it again unless I have a less tasking job, or I am working from home.

Your company should have given U a pregnancy break.Being pregnant calls for no hardwork and plenty of free time

April22:

I think they do it just to fill their time.
Re: Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? by April22(f): 5:06am On Jul 10, 2009
Consultant:

Good point. I had taken off some time after I had my child and i got so bored I started wanting another child, but when I went back to work, I lost that feeling for about 9 months or so. I'm trying for another child now, but I really can't picture at all wanting to go through 2 more pregnancies. But if I were still a SAHM, no problem. Not to mention I wouldn't have to worry about when to disclose the pregnancy or how that would affect my ability to learn new tasks, deal with stress,
Re: Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? by slimfine(f): 9:31pm On Jul 11, 2009
Nope! I love to interact and deal with hussling and bustling with people in the real world and believe me , he WON"t take that away from me. this have little to do with the money I may earn but is more like aquiring experiences that will help me grow as a person. if you have a problem with this, then you can't handle me!
Re: Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? by bluespice(f): 4:18am On Jul 12, 2009
im not enjoying my parents' money, busting my ass receiving lectures by 8:30 in the morning to be the most educated wife

ill be a working mom but by God, the best wife and working mom there ever was
Re: Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? by jessy324(f): 11:47pm On Jul 16, 2009
how?? after spendin 6-7yrs studyin medicine, after all hectic lectures?? ha!! no oo, no! no! no! shocked
Re: Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? by Shaz(f): 12:20am On Jul 17, 2009
Erm . . I seriously and honestly do not think so. .
Re: Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? by chosen09: 9:48am On Aug 31, 2009
What if you find yourself in this position: Yourself and your husband have good jobs, you have two kids and being a full-time housewife has never been a consideration. Then your husband gets transfered to a country where you cannot work. His pay is good (like 4 times yours) and the company will be responsible for the kids' education. Would you stay back with the kids so you can keep your job or go with your husband?
Re: Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? by SeanT21(f): 11:04pm On Aug 31, 2009
chosen09:

What if you find yourself in this position: Yourself and your husband have good jobs, you have two kids and being a full-time housewife has never been a consideration. Then your husband gets transfered to a country where you cannot work. His pay is good (like 4 times yours) and the company will be responsible for the kids' education. Would you stay back with the kids so you can keep your job or go with your husband?

I will go with him and find myself a new Job.
Re: Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? by chosen09: 11:20am On Sep 01, 2009
@ SeanT21: There are some countries where you may not be able to work. What if he's transfered to a place like Saudi Arabia? What I'm driving at is that we should never say "never". Some situations don't allow things to go our way. It's just important you have the proper mind set and make the best of every situation. It doesn't make you less of a woman.

There are other ways of making urself valuable rather than a paid employment. Does anyone have ideas on how u can make sense of your time and of yourself if you happen to be in this kind of situation?
Re: Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? by MyPeace(f): 12:48pm On Sep 01, 2009
never!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? by SeanT21(f): 12:17am On Sep 02, 2009
chosen09:

@ SeanT21: There are some countries where you may not be able to work. What if he's transfered to a place like Saudi Arabia? What I'm driving at is that we should never say "never". Some situations don't allow things to go our way. It's just important you have the proper mind set and make the best of every situation. It doesn't make you less of a woman.

There are other ways of making urself valuable rather than a paid employment. Does anyone have ideas on how u can make sense of your time and of yourself if you happen to be in this kind of situation?

If I had no choice but to be a housewife then I will settle for it.
Re: Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? by egyptian84: 8:44pm On Sep 09, 2009
I believe that a woman can be both, be a house wife and work at the same time. she doesn't have to work full time, she can work part time and also continue being a fit wife and mother. I think that spouse should talk about that before getting married, a man that wants his wife to stay home and not go to work is controlling unless the wife is ok with that. if the wife feels that she needs to work, doesn't necisserly mean because of money making, it can also be that she wants to be enganged and doing what she is good at, learning work skills or etc, a man should also take turn in house chores it is not just a women duties, it is both duties of spouses.
Re: Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? by JoyceAgim(f): 9:00pm On Sep 11, 2009
say wetin happen na.wetin won cause dat 1?if na joke just stop am. tongue
Re: Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? by Pittbaby(f): 9:20pm On Sep 11, 2009
even in Saudi Arabia I will work if it mean starting an internet based compnay or a home based business.
Re: Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? by amebono1: 11:39am On Sep 12, 2009
ThoniaSlim:

Story , wait until you become a mother and your kids are lacking behind in every aspect of their lives cos their mother or parents do not give them her/their full attention,im sure you will be saying a diff thingy then

@topic
if my kids and hubby are not getting the attention they need, then to hell with my job

All them single babies bla bla blaiing here, yea yea, dont we all say the same thingy, i give you a couple of years from now, you will be dancing to a different tune

What is the joy of my career without my family? what joy do i derive from going to work and knowing deep down in my heart, my family is lacking emotional attention

Yea yea we all know a career can never go, but i tell ya a career can stop, you wont be practicing medicine, engineering, e.t.c at the age of 95 on the wheel chair or with a terrible back pain, there is always a day of retirement, and when that retirement day comes, who do you fall back on  "
YOUR FAMILY"

A GOOD CAREER CAN GO, A GOOD CAREER CAN STOP, A GOOD CAREER CAN END, BUT A GOOD FAMILY, A HAPPY HOME , A HAPPY FAMILY, NEVER LEAVES UNTIL EACH AND EVERYONE OF THEM TAKE THEIR LAST BREATH
Re: Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Sep 12, 2009
Re: Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? by Chi4nelo(f): 2:49pm On Sep 12, 2009
I wouldn't want to be a housewife. But if the need arise and i fight and couldn't win.
What do i do? Maybe accept things the way they are. cool
Re: Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? by amebono1: 4:49pm On Sep 12, 2009
chaircover:

@amebo you've said it all  - time & experience is the best teacher. An unhappy family is one of the worst tragedies that can befall a man/woman

As Yoruba's say; emi ise gun ju emi ayon lo.

as long as a woman has her degree, its all good, even if the man messes up tomorrow all i have to do is pick up my certificate, dust it and go get my ass a job, i advice them saying ' what if he dumps me atleast i have sthg to rely on' why walk into marriage with that kind of mindset, for the rest of your lives, you will so live a miserable life

I am not trying to be insultive here, but alot of them people with that kind of mindset are all daughters from a single mum

time really tells, but i keep saying this, if you dont want something, its better you say 'i wouldnt want this if i was given a choice' than saying ' never will i take this'

never say never, i said never to so many things in life, and at the end of the day, im walking on them path, i remember my mum wanted me to study medicine, i told her never, that i'd rather be an accountant with mini skirts crossing my legs on my table than go into the health field and have to wear a coat or one of them isolated gowns or PPE if need be, infact i actually said gawd forbid that i end up in the medical field, today wetin happen? my mum once said she'd rather her female kids get married to men from some state, me with my sharp mouth said no way, the men from that state love money and im not going to end up with a man that loves money too much to pay me any mind wetin happen? the only difference is that i get all the attention i need, i can be very stingy with it, grin i also said never will i fall inlove with a man with some qualities, today wetin happen?

i used to use the word never but now i have learnt, i was once working full time, now i am down to part time, if need be i wil stop it completely as long as my home gets fulfilled on earth
Re: Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Sep 12, 2009
Re: Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Sep 13, 2009
I have long noticed a trend amongst young and single women and to be perfectly honest it is so self centered. . . . .This is understandable.

Make we see wetin go happen when una don finally marry and faced with real issues.
All this one una dey do na gra gra.
Re: Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? by ubiaa5(f): 8:56pm On Oct 26, 2009
Interesting,i used 2 be like a lot of the single girls here,but after getting married n having kids all d degrees n qualifications could not sway me from staying home n taking care of my children, especially at this stage where their behaviours, attitudes n mental being is formed,there is no way i am putting them in any strangers hand, and wats the use of working in dis crazy place n all d money going 2 child care for 3 kids[believe me i tried n i didnt work]At least i have d degrees n qualification n some experience to dust off n work wen my children r at a good place,for now im a happy housewife.2 the single ladies never say never.
Re: Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? by SeanT21(f): 9:03pm On Oct 26, 2009
ubiaa5:

Interesting,i used 2 be like a lot of the single girls here,but after getting married n having kids all d degrees n qualifications could not sway me from staying home n taking care of my children, especially at this stage where their behaviours, attitudes n mental being is formed,there is no way i am putting them in any strangers hand, and wats the use of working in dis crazy place n all d money going 2 child care for 3 kids[believe me i tried n i didnt work]At least i have d degrees n qualification n some experience to dust off n work wen my children r at a good place,for now im a happy housewife.2 the single ladies never say never.

Thats very ture. I am having a rethink. You never know.
Re: Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? by C2H5OH(f): 12:10am On Oct 27, 2009
Some of the dimwitted feminists posting here seem to be implying that a stay-at-home mom has lower feminine value/quality than one who goes out into the corporate world of work. If I was a housewife I would be very offended.
Re: Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? by Nobody: 12:26am On Oct 27, 2009
C2H5OH:

Some of the dimwitted feminists posting here seem to be implying that a stay-at-home mom has lower feminine value/quality than one who goes out into the corporate world of work. If I was a housewife I would be very offended.

Yeah I got the same vibe.
Re: Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? by Fhemmmy: 12:53am On Oct 27, 2009
C2H5OH:

True dat and that was why i said somewhere on the thread that it all depends on what the woman is home doing.
Re: Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? by Kunbee: 3:14am On Oct 27, 2009
no
Re: Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? by Fhemmmy: 10:20pm On Oct 28, 2009
give us reason now

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

5 Benefits Of Having Self-love / My Husband Forgot My Birthday :-( / My Wife Is A Lousy Cook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.