Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,134 members, 7,829,049 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

Telecommunications Professionals Zone - Career (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Telecommunications Professionals Zone (112763 Views)

PGD In Eng(electronic &telecommunication) & Msc Physics Telecommunications / Human Resource Professionals: / Cwna & Telecommunications (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by larion: 5:34pm On Dec 01, 2011
@ tinny, dat was wat i did, lagos embassy will nt give u visa wit zoom, though some pple got it wit convergence, but if it is abuja, its a lot easier, u cld feel me in as 2 how u want it, i'll search 4 u on FB now and u cld contact me frm there, 4 any1 else hoping 2 do REAL TELECOM training with ZTE, HUAWEI and BSNL (d NITEL of India), i just found a link to do so, and u can bet u will get 100% hands on equipment, u cld go ova to www.sotlglobal.com, but i will advice nt 2 come to India 2ru dem (dey will offer 2 do ur visa processing, flight ticket and hotel accomodation 4 u) as it will cost u more, u can come 2 India on ur own den find ur way 2 d place, dat way u will cut alot out of d total cost, d website is up there, u cld check it out!!!!!!
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by larion: 6:18pm On Dec 01, 2011
@ayox, omo na ur side i dey oooo, i rili wish i cls also get a mentor, some1 inside who cld tell dis, and dat, exactly wat is and will b obtainable, i rili wish oga ajalenkoko (removes hat), bro salihu_ali (slight bow ***bros e don tey wey u come here ooo***) and d rest on field cld shed more light, abeg break it down 4 us, we r nt talking abt breaking down wat GSM arch looks like ( we can get dat in books, lol), but i mean tell us what and what is don on field, tell us d different departments (nt HR and marketing oo) and d kind of things dey do on daily basis, i means 4 example dose in transmission, who r d pple dat work there, mayb RF engineer and d likes, wat do dey do, d pple working wit BTS and MSC, do dey also work with antennas? wat is their daily routine like? bla, bla, bla, break everytin down 4 us pls, dis will help us choose where we want 2 go, i knw it might mean taking a leave frm work cry lol, but pls do dis 4 we coming up, telecom is wide help us narrow our focus, i might b interested in dis and d oda person may b interested in dat, also frm d look of things ( i might b wrong) its like d ''core'' telecom companies (etisalat, glo, mtn and co) do nothing, its seems its d likes of ericssion, huawei, acatel and oda telecom service company dat do d major work, cld more light b thrown on dis, i stil av more 2 ask but dont let me b oliver cos i can understand ur busy schedule
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by alkhwarizm: 5:56pm On Dec 05, 2011
@ayox2003 and castrokins:

Networking is one of the best means by which you can accomplish your objectives. Don't overlook anybody. It used to be that a mentor had to be someone approximately 15 years older than yourself. That is no longer neccesarily the case. Even your younger brother could be your mentor.

Don't worry about starting with a small network. Plug into the network, and your contacts will yield new contacts. Keep in touch with all your contacts, and eventually one of them will send an opportunity your way. Subsequently, it's going to be up to you to take the ball and run with it.
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by tunnex190: 6:21pm On Dec 05, 2011
Feel among'ster
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by salihuali1(m): 10:42pm On Dec 06, 2011
Hi @larion.
My brother I'm very much around, believe me.(returns the bow).
Never left, just decided to go silent. Got tired of reading poorly researched questions and saddened by the distant possibilty the unprofessional approach of the newbies had kept the seasoned experts from returning to the thread, speak less of giving out any of their intellectual capital, save Ajanlekoko.
It just hurts when someone jumps in on the forum all excited, reads the first six posts on page 1 of 20 pages and then requests for a mentor, or an IT placement, or even both! ", if wishes were horses, ". I mean, asking the same questions that had been answered thoroughly two years prior already tells us that person is lazy. Not surprising anyway.
As regards your barrage of questions, let me get back to you (to the best of my ability) before the week runs out (hopefully).
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by yamakuza: 3:12pm On Dec 10, 2011
@Mekky: ^ spambot!

The CCNP Voice track you listed will get u further.

You can add CISA or CISSP to it afterwards if you want a Security leaning.

The 2nd option you listed is trivial, and you can always study them on your own (save Linux, perhaps).
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by esdras(m): 10:19pm On Dec 20, 2011
Dear all,

I'm graduate Information Technology Engineer, and I'm currently working as as Value Added Service engineer in a Telecom company in Ivory Coast (Abidjan) and I'm now seeking a new Telecom IT support Engineer job in Nigeria or any location.
Main skill: Ericsson EMM/EMA/ADC/DWS, Solaris, Unix, Linux, Systems monitoring, Value Added Service Support, SMS, MMS, SMPP/HTTP getway, ,
phone: 0022502000112
email: e.esdras@yahoo.fr

Regards
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by timadel(m): 1:53am On Dec 21, 2011
Dear all (especially Ajanlekoko), kindly advise me on the next step to take. I started my career as a switch engineer in one of the 3 major GSM coys but had to leave for another coy due to job security threat. I currently work for a major ISP (arguably d biggest in Nigeria) as a NOC engineer with a bias for IP. I currently have CCNP certification and also in the final semester of my MBA program. I would like to leave NOC for IP dept but it has been difficult for me. Please what step should i take now as i dont see a future in NOC careerwise?
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by esdras(m): 9:37pm On Dec 21, 2011
Dear all,

I'm graduate Information Technology Engineer, and I'm currently working as as Value Added Service engineer in a Telecom company in Ivory Coast (Abidjan) and I'm now seeking a new Telecom IT support Engineer job in Nigeria or any location.
Main skill: Ericsson EMM/EMA/ADC/DWS, Solaris, Unix, Linux, Systems monitoring, Value Added Service Support, SMS, MMS, SMPP/HTTP getway, ,
phone: 0022502000112
email: e.esdras@yahoo.fr

Regards
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by AjanleKoko: 9:43pm On Dec 21, 2011
timadel:

Dear all (especially Ajanlekoko), kindly advise me on the next step to take. I started my career as a switch engineer in one of the 3 major GSM coys but had to leave for another coy due to job security threat. I currently work for a major ISP (arguably d biggest in Nigeria) as a NOC engineer with a bias for IP. I currently have CCNP certification and also in the final semester of my MBA program. I would like to leave NOC for IP dept but it has been difficult for me. Please what step should i take now as i dont see a future in NOC careerwise?

Since you have CCNP and some experience in switching, start looking for a job with any of the technology vendors. I mean Ericsson, Huawei, Alcatel-Lucent, Cisco, etc.
While you are waiting for that, make sure you get as much self-education in Layer 3 technologies as possible. You're already in the industry, you only need to expand your knowledge base. Which vendor provides your core network equipment in your ISP?
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by timadel(m): 10:43pm On Dec 21, 2011
Thanks for the prompt response oga Ajanlekoko. The vendors are Huawei (SDH) and Cisco (IP). Currently i'm educating myself on MPLS-VPN and QOS and have hands-on experience on configuring MPLS using ISC as i have opportunity of working with our IP team once in a while. Hope to hear more from you. God bless!
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by ayox2003: 5:05pm On Jan 03, 2012
I found this forum helpful for both aspirants and professionals www.finetopix.com

*No thanks*
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by tinnymerit(m): 11:24am On Jan 04, 2012
@ larion we agreed on something and u promised to add me on fb.well again this is my mail,add me up on fb:tinnymerit@yahoo.com.
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by alarm4: 10:33am On Jan 08, 2012
hi @ all, am new on this post, i jst hope to hear latest on telecom while I , drive my Ques.helpdesk to Mr AjanleKoko, as soon as I bounce back in again, for nw I jst wnt to say Hi to all, wink, love this Zone smiley
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by larion: 10:10am On Jan 11, 2012
@tinnymerit, i immediately sent u a msg on facebook, dat was on d 1st of dec to b precise, i didnt get a reply so i tot u were no longer interested,
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by tinnymerit(m): 10:07am On Jan 12, 2012
@ larion i dont turn pple down,i ddnt see it at all kindly resend.tanks.
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by tinnymerit(m): 10:10am On Jan 12, 2012
@ larion, i ddnt see any from u,i dont turn pple down on fb friend request,kindly resend.tanks.
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jan 19, 2012
is their any institution u can direct me to for more traning in telecom?
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by alarm4: 9:47pm On Jan 22, 2012
YES: am back, Now My Helpdesk goes to Mr Ajalenko,

HELLO smiley all (especially Ajanlekoko), PLS KINDLY advise me on the next step to take. I started my career as a NOC engineer 2009 till date in one of the SIMS project @ one of the 3 major Network/and some hw i also found myself doing weekend contract job @ some ISP provider in nja, meanwhile here is the Category in which I fall into @ my present career and I need an advice on wht step i shld take that will boost my career and be able to get well better well paid job.
1.BSC hons in Pure and Indus.chemistry - poor grade= how will it wk 4 me ?
2.A NOC Engr- very low pay= hw do i coop?
3.A fiber Optic Technician(i did splicing @ some ISP e.g Dangote,Cabuary,NB,Nicon and EKO hotel-but with lesser technical know-how/no Technical cert./not verse in it knowledge foundation.=i need a verse knowledge to improve?
4.I have a Machine (Optic Fibre machine)-for splicing fibre cable= hw do i connect to get a contract?
5.lastly, I have a Register Company.=hw do i apply it and go about it as an Enterprenuer in telecom?, pls is any one there could help ( sadesp: MR Ajanlenko) 4 an Advice and the way it will favour me in this modern day of telecommunication indus.
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by yamakuza: 1:12am On Jan 25, 2012
alarm4:

Yes, am back now. My Helpdesk goes to Mr Ajalenko.

HELLO smiley all (especially Ajanlekoko), PLS KINDLY advise me on the next step to take.

I started my career as a NOC engineer 2009 till date in one of the SIMS project @ one of the 3 major telcos and somehow, i also found myself doing weekend contract job @ some ISP provider.

Here is my current situation and I need advice on what steps i should take that will boost my career and enable me a better well paid job:

1. BSC Hons in Pure&Indus. Chemistry (poor grade)

how will this work for me ?

2. A NOC Engr (very low pay)

how do i cope?

3. A fiber Optic Technician (i did splicing @ some ISP e.g Dangote, Cabuary, NB, Nicon and EKO hotel)

- but with lesser technical know-how / no Technical cert / not versed in IT knowledge foundation.

Do i need a verse knowledge to improve?

4. I have a Machine (Optic Fibre machine)-for splicing fibre cable

how do i connect to get a contract?

5. lastly, I have a Register Company.

how do i apply it and go about it as an Enterprenuer in telecoms?

Pls is any one there who can help with answers? ( sadesp: MR Ajanlenko)

i need advice on the way it will favour me in this modern day of telecommunications.

Thanks!

anyone with answers?

Thanks.
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by Chydoo: 8:22pm On Feb 07, 2012
Hi Guys,

I need two more study partners for CCIE Service provider lab exam preparation.

The objective is to share ideas/information and most importantly alleviate the cost of any purchased hardware or material since the cost will be shared. You cannot join the group as a beginner and you should be looking forward to write the exam in the next 3 months
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by afrobaby(f): 9:33am On Feb 16, 2012
For a friend: "Hello house, I got a call from a staff of airtel to come foran interview tomorrow, please what do I expect, I cant remember applying neither do I know what I applied for, for the experienced in the house, please, tell me what to expect. Thanks"
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by Nobody: 1:08pm On Feb 16, 2012
afrobaby:

For a friend: "Hello house, I got a call from a staff of airtel to come foran interview tomorrow, please what do I expect, I cant remember applying neither do I know what I applied for, for the experienced in the house, please, tell me what to expect. Thanks"

You should have kindly asked her to help out in that regard but since you did not just go thru the basics in GSM if you are an engineer and pray for Gods favour
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by ayox2003: 7:01pm On Feb 16, 2012
afrobaby:

''For a friend'' is makes it a little vague. Maybe if you can give the house some info about him/her.
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by ayox2003: 7:16pm On Feb 16, 2012
Huawei or Alcatel-lucent, house please where would you advice a fresh graduate to work? And why?
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by salihuali1(m): 10:11pm On Feb 16, 2012
IMHO, ayox2003, "do the best you can where you are with what you have and do it now." To be pragmatic with you, very few graduates get to be offered that choice, and to the others who are not I'd say 'start small but grow fast.' If you get to be offered a choice - HWE is a bit more fast paced than ALU depending on existing projects. That's a good point if you're not the type thats quick to complain or if you believe in paying your dues ASAP. To be sincere, its more about your willingness to learn and invest in yourself than it is about the employer. As a fresher, thats a better focus. Though, apart from having done NYSC with either I hardly see any entry route for a fresher.
@afrobaby, your question is as high as it is wide. If you gave us some details on your friend, e.g, prior work experience and in what industry, age bracket, discipline, and even gender (by that I mean its unlikely they'd employ lots of female field engineers due to the rigour involved), it'd help.
My two cents.
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by yamakuza: 10:19pm On Feb 16, 2012
afrobaby:

her friend needs tips for the upcoming interview.

GMAT, SHL or GSM?

Anybody here interviewed with Airtel for any position?

Please share your experience.

Thanks!
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by ayox2003: 11:42pm On Feb 16, 2012
salihu_ali:

IMHO, ayox2003, "do the best you can where you are with what you have and do it now." To be pragmatic with you, very fresh graduates get to be offered that choice, and to them I'd say 'start small but grow fast.' If you get to be offered a choice - HWE is a bit more fast paced than ALU depending on existing projects. That's a good point if you're not the type thats quick to complain or if you believe in paying your dues ASAP. To be sincere, its more about your willingness to learn and invest in yourself than it is about the employer. As a fresher, thats a better focus. Though, apart from having done NYSC with either I hardly see any entry route for a fresher.
@afrobaby, your question is as high as it is wide. If you gave us some details on your friend, e.g, prior work experience and in what industry, age bracket, discipline, and even sex(by that I mean its unlikely they'd employ lots of female field engineers due to the rigour involved), it'd help.
My two cents.
I'm not really after the money. I want a place where self-actualization (up-to-date skills and experience) is fostered. Talking about freshers, HWE recruit freshers to work as Transmission Engineers after a thorough interview. ALU also recruit freshers but its all about the link. A friends friend left HWE for ALU recently and I was wondering what would spur him to make such a decision. I cant track him for now sha. I just wanna know where is better before I leap.
Thanks so much for the advice.
**dont mind ALL my typo errors** I'm not really comfortable with phones**
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by larion: 8:06am On Feb 17, 2012
All of a sudden ds thread comes alive, lemme shoot it up more, @ afrobaby, if ur friend is going 4 GSM interview, den d architecture is important, let him or her also knw d different channels n there functions m talking of BCCH, PCH, AGCH, FACCH n d likes, u also v to knw d functions of all dese channels den also important r d protocols, MM, GMM, BSAP, MAP $ co, as usual u v to knw d functions n where dey r used, n important part again is GPRS, knw how it fits into d core network, den how to upgrade to edge 8psk modulation n d addition of pcu, all ds shld do n of course don't forget call flow, n d basics of SS7, telecom is wide but if u knw d little u can @ least say sometin, if u knw more, d better, don't also forget dt its a diff ball game if d interview is 3G based as d protocols n channels r different there u v to take note of different releases R4 to R8, above all don't forget to pray in wateva manner u knw, in brief for a quick one importance shld b given to architecture,channels, protocols, CALL FLOW & of course u've gotta knw d freq. , dts m 2kobo, I bow out, goodluck!
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by afrobaby(f): 8:13am On Feb 17, 2012
thanks all, she is not an engineer, she studied computer science, and has worked as an IT Officer/Customer service, the truth is, when she was called, she was in the office and didnt want to give her boss any clue, so she didnt ask the nature of the job interview, thx

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (32) (Reply)

How To Calculate Your New Salary Based On New National Minimum Wage: Photo / Biochemistry Vs Microbiology: Which One Has More Job Opportunities In Nigeria? / Meet Abdullahi Lawal, EFCC Official Who Rejected N100M Bribe From Chinese

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.