Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Telecommunications Professionals Zone - Career (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Telecommunications Professionals Zone (112662 Views)

PGD In Eng(electronic &telecommunication) & Msc Physics Telecommunications / Human Resource Professionals: / Cwna & Telecommunications (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by larion: 6:48am On Mar 09, 2012
bLacK GoLd:

Searching/Waiting for more volunteers
more volunteers surely m in too
@AK, ll shoot u a mail soon, but m almost done here oooooooooooo
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by Aks(m): 11:10am On Mar 09, 2012
@ Larion -- thanks for the response, i await your mail as promised

Regards,
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by Aks(m): 11:18am On Mar 11, 2012
@ Larion- I still expect ur mail, kindly do the needful

10qs,
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by elwino: 11:16pm On Mar 19, 2012
please whats the update about the training session being talked about ? I am very much interested in it oh.
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by olatufu(m): 10:52am On Mar 23, 2012
@ professnals, gritinz to y'll. Dnt knw if i'v missd track. I'v always wntd to b trained on telecoms and its ethics and was advicd to go 4 ccna.enrold 4 training at a popular centre in lag and i xplaind to dm i wantd a trainin on telecom. Was told no prob and was tot ccna routing and switching.nw am abt to start ccnp and jst went tru ds thread only 4 me to discovr i was supoxd to go 4 ccna voice. V i missd it?if yes, whr can i do d ful trainin on telecom? If no can i proceed wit ccnp voice or wil hv 2 get trained on ccna voice?
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by ictcareer: 4:06pm On Mar 26, 2012
ICT CAREER OPPORTUNTY!
BE YOU SSCE,A/L,OND,UNDERGRADUATE & GRADUATE.
TEXT FULL NAME,ADDRESS,GSM NO & EMAIL ADDRESS
TO 07065804236
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by ayox2003: 4:46pm On Mar 27, 2012
@Larion How were the exams? Have you been certified, now?
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by Aks(m): 4:43pm On Mar 28, 2012
I spoke to Larion 2 weeks ago and i want to believe his exams went well. Kindly fill us in on it as ayox2003 demanded. I'll appreciate if you hit me back through my mail address as discussed

Thank you
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by salihuali1(m): 4:26pm On Mar 29, 2012
olatufu: @ professnals, gritinz to y'll. Dnt knw if i'v missd track. I'v always wntd to b trained on telecoms and its ethics and was advicd to go 4 ccna.enrold 4 training at a popular centre in lag and i xplaind to dm i wantd a trainin on telecom. Was told no prob and was tot ccna routing and switching.nw am abt to start ccnp and jst went tru ds thread only 4 me to discovr i was supoxd to go 4 ccna voice. V i missd it?if yes, whr can i do d ful trainin on telecom? If no can i proceed wit ccnp voice or wil hv 2 get trained on ccna voice?

Hi olatufuj, Its a great foundation.
In any case you'd still needed to have done the CCNA 640-802 as a rerequisite to the CCNA-Voice which is itself a prerequisite to the CCNP Voice.
So nothing lost.
And as per getting the full training on Telecoms...wow! you can only have a generalized view on its foundational concepts.
They are many sub-parts Rollout, Project Management, Transmission, Core, NGN, IN and VAS, NSS, Billing and that's a scattered listing.
Cheers
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by larion: 1:35pm On Mar 30, 2012
@AKs, my exam was cool buh u knw dis Chinese (ZTE nt Huawei ds time) d claim dey v to take our scripts to china frm where marking n grading will b done.....sorry I got ur msg buh I intentionally didn't reply, m back in d country already since last week buh I v bin a lil busy + etisalat suspended my line dts y I didn't reply, ll shoot u a mail dis weekend, I came up with an idea, we will talk, we might even v to meet one-on-one but I am in akure now, mayb wen I get back
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by leolucas(m): 4:07pm On Mar 31, 2012
greeting to all dem professionals in da haus, I'm a fresher to ds forum, i must start by tenking dose who put up such an avenue for this especially we that av intrest in telecoms. I'm also a fresh,am in the industry, i recently concluded my it/telecom training wt a renowned IT institute here in Nigeria, it is a real eye opener and guide towards building a successful career in the telecom industry, buh d major challenge still remains where to get technical exposure as a fresher wtout experience, cos the companies in ds sector always request for experienced employees.
my first questions goes thus to the professionals;
1. what is my faith as a freshman in the industry?
2. how do i secure a job that will help me to gain technical exposure as a freshman wtout experience?
3. what is the faith of one who decides to go into fibre optic cabling (FOI) in the industry?
please all the pros in da haus i anxiously anticipate ur responses...tenks
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by Aks(m): 4:12pm On Mar 31, 2012
@ Larion, thank you very much. I'll be waiting for your mail
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by emmalux2(m): 7:38pm On Apr 02, 2012
larion: hello to everyone, some1 once talked abt training in india earlier in dis thread but dats abt two years ago, i followed it up, he called it lorion and after searching i found out its been boug t by convergence lab in hyderabad, i just want to ask abt d integrity of dis company and training in india generally,kind of scared of scam, any1 with first hand info. PLEASE
. . . . @LARION please i have being following your thread. I wish to study telecom at indian and i dont know of the best practical oriented school to go to. I need your assistance pls. My email is emmalux2@gmail.com please i need your assistance
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by leolucas(m): 12:21am On Apr 03, 2012
leolucas: greeting to all dem professionals in da haus, I'm a fresher to ds forum, i must start by tenking dose who put up such an avenue for this especially we that av intrest in telecoms. I'm also a fresh,am in the industry, i recently concluded my it/telecom training wt a renowned IT institute here in Nigeria, it is a real eye opener and guide towards building a successful career in the telecom industry, buh d major challenge still remains where to get technical exposure as a fresher wtout experience, cos the companies in ds sector always request for experienced employees.
2. how do i secure a job that will help me to gain technical exposure as a freshman wtout experience?
3. what is the faith of one who decides to go into fibre optic cabling (FOI) in the industry?
Na wa o all dem pros wey i dey follow for ds forum wer dem dey,abi na nw wey e reach my turn to get answers dem don abandon the forum...plllllllllzzzzzzzzzzzzz i earnestly seek answers...tenks in anticipation y'all !!!
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by denniscla: 12:30am On Apr 09, 2012
larion: @AKs, my exam was cool buh u knw dis Chinese (ZTE nt Huawei ds time) d claim dey v to take our scripts to china frm where marking n grading will b done.....sorry I got ur msg buh I intentionally didn't reply, m back in d country already since last week buh I v bin a lil busy + etisalat suspended my line dts y I didn't reply, ll shoot u a mail dis weekend, I came up with an idea, we will talk, we might even v to meet one-on-one but I am in akure now, mayb wen I get back

Hey man! U sound like one Ajayi that stayed in naija quarters o.
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by larion: 2:08pm On Apr 10, 2012
^^^who 'is' you, naija quaters?.........on d flip side I hope I've answered d few dt directed questions @ me, got a couple of calls n I hope dt seals it. Bros AK, I shld b close to ur office ds week, ll bring d needful, ll put a call to u if dt is possible
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by leolucas(m): 3:26pm On Apr 10, 2012
leolucas: greeting to all dem professionals in da haus, I'm a fresher to ds forum, i must start by tenking dose who put up such an avenue for this especially we that av intrest in telecoms. I'm also a fresh,am in the industry, i recently concluded my it/telecom training wt a renowned IT institute here in Nigeria, it is a real eye opener and guide towards building a successful career in the telecom industry, buh d major challenge still remains where to get technical exposure as a fresher wtout experience, cos the companies in ds sector always request for experienced employees.
@Larion, blackgold, & d meni pros in da building please i'm still earnestly awaiting ur replies concerning my comment....plz guys help a bro out...much tanx
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by salihuali1(m): 4:36pm On Apr 10, 2012
leolucas:

Hi Leo.
1. Your ability to learn and unlearn...fast...especially on your own.
My maxim is "start where you are, with what you have, now!". Get books, watch videos. They will not be the most fun thing you have read, you will get bored, you might even get a migraine. Stick with it. Google for introductory whitepapers on different topics. Get a hang of the acronyms. There's a goldmine on youtube if you know how to search and I've got a couple of ebooks myself I'm always willing to share.
2. Go out and hunt, hunt, hunt...look for the small subcontractors that work with the major vendors and request for an internship. It'd be easier to get in and cross to the major vendors or Operators. There's Merit Telecoms, Laplace, Anchor Telecoms, Linksoft, Quantum.
3. The 'Fiber Optic cabling' activity itself is handled by Installers. Its a semi-skilled occupation. You can have a go at it for some hands-on, Splicing and the works. Your knowledge of Fiber would come in pivotal if you get to work in Transmission (which is the backbone of the network).The knowledge would come in VERY, VERY handy, believe me.
Hope this helps.
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by larion: 5:36pm On Apr 10, 2012
Leolucas we r actually in same shoes, I've got lotta unanswered questions nt only on dis thread but oda places on dis forum, i saw ur questions n was patiently waiting for a response buh it followed some of my trend.....ignored!

I don't blame d gurus/pros/experts on dis thread, we lost dem all wen pple started dropping in to ask for IT placement n jobs while odas fo*lishly asked questions dt v bin answered over n over again, even if ajanlekoko or salihu had a job, of course dey will have given it to their cousin's friend's brother's neighbor who will cum to their house or office rada dan a nairaland folk whom dey don't knw jack abt, I just wonder how some pple think like biscuit, dey kept coming asking for job, nt to talk abt dose dt came to advertise in a scam-looking manner. One by one d pros left, I can't remember d last time a technical discussion was on here, its so painful for me too.

As for grouping me with d many pros in house, bros u miss road ooooooo....lol, m as fresh as a fresh mint fresher who finished frm one of d fed. university less dan a year ago, I don't even have d smallest pint of working experience as I was nt opportuned during my IT wc was eventually spent in TTC mobile as a trainee, so u see......

I was waiting for ur question to b trashed so I can benefit frm it but as it stands, nothing do me, I just might have to trash it.....see below, but note! m always blunt ooooo, I don't call a spade garden spoon....lol
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by leolucas(m): 6:00pm On Apr 10, 2012
salihu_ali:

Hi Leo.
1. Your ability to learn and unlearn...fast...especially on your own.
My maxim is "start where you are, with what you have, now!". Get books, watch videos. They will not be the most fun thing you have read, you will get bored, you might even get a migraine. Stick with it. Google for introductory whitepapers on different topics. Get a hang of the acronyms. There's a goldmine on youtube if you know how to search and I've got a couple of ebooks myself I'm always willing to share.
2. Go out and hunt, hunt, hunt...look for the small subcontractors that work with the major vendors and request for an internship. It'd be easier to get in and cross to the major vendors or Operators. There's Merit Telecoms, Laplace, Anchor Telecoms, Linksoft, Quantum.
3. The 'Fiber Optic cabling' activity itself is handled by Installers. Its a semi-skilled occupation. You can have a go at it for some hands-on, Splicing and the works. Your knowledge of Fiber would come in pivotal if you get to work in Transmission (which is the backbone of the network).The knowledge would come in VERY, VERY handy, believe me.
Hope this helps.
@ Salihu, I do really appreciate with deep sincerity for ur contribution which i've earnestly longed for cos with this contribution i now have more courage to face the task of breaking into the industry.
for no.1,i've started on that,i've joined international forums where i get the much needed resources to face the challenges which would be confronted even in the future in the industry.
for no.2,i will be embarking on such voyages from this week because i've made my researches on more than enough of such firms on which i intend visiting from this week.
hey salihu,i say gracias muchos for the words of wisdom cos with them, i know i'm on still on the right path and will meet you soonest @ da top.
much thanks
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by leolucas(m): 6:14pm On Apr 10, 2012
larion: Leolucas we r actually in same shoes, I've got lotta unanswered questions nt only on dis thread but oda places on dis forum, i saw ur questions n was patiently waiting for a response buh it followed some of my trend.....ignored!

I don't blame d gurus/pros/experts on dis thread, we lost dem all wen pple started dropping in to ask for IT placement n jobs while odas fo*lishly asked questions dt v bin answered over n over again, even if ajanlekoko or salihu had a job, of course dey will have given it to their cousin's friend's brother's neighbor who will cum to their house or office rada dan a nairaland folk whom dey don't knw jack abt, I just wonder how some pple think like biscuit, dey kept coming asking for job, nt to talk abt dose dt came to advertise in a scam-looking manner. One by one d pros left, I can't remember d last time a technical discussion was on here, its so painful for me too.

As for grouping me with d many pros in house, bros u miss road ooooooo....lol, m as fresh as a fresh mint fresher who finished frm one of d fed. university less dan a year ago, I don't even have d smallest pint of working experience as I was nt opportuned during my IT wc was eventually spent in TTC mobile as a trainee, so u see......

I was waiting for ur question to b trashed so I can benefit frm it but as it stands, nothing do me, I just might have to trash it.....see below, but note! m always blunt ooooo, I don't call a spade garden spoon....lol
hey larion, so we both re Alumni's of TTC mobile, pleasure meeting you !!!
I got ur message loud & clear, finking maybe we cld extend our network beyond here cos we both seem to share same views & objectives,so if you say "yes", maybe u choose wch of the networking platforms wch is ok wt u or u cld add me on yahoomsnger wt ds id;flexziebone_213@yahoo.co.uk, so we cld start off frm der... cheers and hope to conquering more grounds with u !!!
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by leolucas(m): 6:19pm On Apr 10, 2012
leolucas:
@ Salihu, I do really appreciate with deep sincerity for ur contribution which i've earnestly longed for cos with this contribution i now have more courage to face the task of breaking into the industry.
for no.1,i've started on that,i've joined international forums where i get the much needed resources to face the challenges which would be confronted even in the future in the industry.
for no.2,i will be embarking on such voyages from this week because i've made my researches on more than enough of such firms on which i intend visiting from this week.
hey salihu,i say gracias muchos for the words of wisdom cos with them, i know i'm on still on the right path and will meet you soonest @ da top.
much thanks
@ Salihu, please i wld like us to extend our network beyond here, i'm on LinkedIn too but we cld start by adding me on ur yahoo contact list wt dis id; flexziebone_213@yahoo.co.uk or you choose wch of the networking platforms that will be convenient for you.... cheers !!!
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by larion: 7:11pm On Apr 10, 2012
I c salihu has cum 2 d rescue, he was probably typing while I was typing, dt doesn't stop me frm throwing in my quota....

To ur first question 'fate of freshman' ;
Frm my observation I will say bleak, sorry I mean to say 'very bleak', nobody gives a fu*k abt u, I mean us, every job vacancy dese days comes with a sieve dt d freshman can't pass thru, so I suggest uve got to b aggressive too, keep knocking on doors, d young guy @ d front office in netcomm won't allow u in, he won't collect ur CV either saying u shld submit it on their site, d hefty security in huawei n alcatel won't let u in either but they will take ur CV, I don't knw if d dude in huawei will submit for u but d dude in alcatel will, d beautiful busty lady in IPNX will smile saying 'we r nt taking pple now, buh u can still submit',

@ Swift dey will barely look @ u if u say u v a cv, buh dey ll still say 'drop it, we will get back to u', I can go on n on, dts how far I v walked since my less dan 3wks of return to dis career killing country, buh do u rili blame dem, n @ all, afterall we r freshmen, wat do we v to offer? Buh don't let dt discourage u, each time I find it difficult during d day like dt, wen I get home, I aggressively go back to my books, d understanding gets beta n den I SMILE, because I knw its because dey don't knw my worth, dts y d best nigerians r outside d country, if I shld dust my passport........mayb ghana, mayb kenya, there some1 will @ least give listening ears, dts my frustration anyway, v u tried did recruitment companies, I c dem as rip off buh dey just might b of help

To d second question; 'securing a job'
Here I think strategic networking is key, now don't confuse it with 'long leg', long leg according 2 me is, I studied yoruba with a 3rd class my dad was d former MD of union bank so I got a job with UBA by skipping all tests n exams wc I cldnt pass in d first place........I c strategic networking as, m ccip n cwna certified, writing my last paper for mcitp, den I went to see my friend, met his dad who liked d way I talked, introduced me to his colleague who took me to an engineer in 21st century who claimed there is no space but linked me with a dude in VDT n I got d chance for a small interview n....viola!
First thing first y u r doing d search, don't forget to constantly go back to d books, in dis field we've just gotta b sound there no much chance for trial n error with a live network, strategic networking I say again, don't underestimate dt dude u met in d BRT, wen u meet pple try asking dem their area of specialization, if it tallies with urs, don't talk abt job buh rada set up a discussion on d technologies, let dem c y u prefer frame relay to mpls even if nt visible b logical or y u prefer microwave to fiber optics.....
Wat r u waiting for, do u v a profile on linkedin, go Behind it up (do not lie), there's a post in d career section here abt linkedin read thru, check out odas 3gwirelessjobs.com, fire up ur CV there too, nakuri.com is great if u can stand d irritating Indians, google for more, go internationally damn Nigeria, me just dey find 1yr hands on n m out of dis hopeless nation where I shld b expecting a bomb blast each time my religion is having a festival, strategic networking dude but don't forget d books while u search, if u v d change b writing dem exams small small, diversify after u v focused.......

1 Like

Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by leolucas(m): 12:32am On Apr 11, 2012
larion: I c salihu has cum 2 d rescue, he was probably typing while I was typing, dt doesn't stop me frm throwing in my quota....

To ur first question 'fate of freshman' ;
Frm my observation I will say bleak, sorry I mean to say 'very bleak', nobody gives a fu*k abt u, I mean us, every job vacancy dese days comes with a sieve dt d freshman can't pass thru, so I suggest uve got to b aggressive too, keep knocking on doors, d young guy @ d front office in netcomm won't allow u in, he won't collect ur CV either saying u shld submit it on their site, d hefty security in huawei n alcatel won't let u in either but they will take ur CV, I don't knw if d dude in huawei will submit for u but d dude in alcatel will, d beautiful busty lady in IPNX will smile saying 'we r nt taking pple now, buh u can still submit',

@ Swift dey will barely look @ u if u say u v a cv, buh dey ll still say 'drop it, we will get back to u', I can go on n on, dts how far I v walked since my less dan 3wks of return to dis career killing country, buh do u rili blame dem, n @ all, afterall we r freshmen, wat do we v to offer? Buh don't let dt discourage u, each time I find it difficult during d day like dt, wen I get home, I aggressively go back to my books, d understanding gets beta n den I SMILE, because I knw its because dey don't knw my worth, dts y d best nigerians r outside d country, if I shld dust my passport........mayb ghana, mayb kenya, there some1 will @ least give listening ears, dts my frustration anyway, v u tried did recruitment companies, I c dem as rip off buh dey just might b of help

To d second question; 'securing a job'
Here I think strategic networking is key, now don't confuse it with 'long leg', long leg according 2 me is, I studied yoruba with a 3rd class my dad was d former MD of union bank so I got a job with UBA by skipping all tests n exams wc I cldnt pass in d first place........I c strategic networking as, m ccip n cwna certified, writing my last paper for mcitp, den I went to see my friend, met his dad who liked d way I talked, introduced me to his colleague who took me to an engineer in 21st century who claimed there is no space but linked me with a dude in VDT n I got d chance for a small interview n....viola!
First thing first y u r doing d search, don't forget to constantly go back to d books, in dis field we've just gotta b sound there no much chance for trial n error with a live network, strategic networking I say again, don't underestimate dt dude u met in d BRT, wen u meet pple try asking dem their area of specialization, if it tallies with urs, don't talk abt job buh rada set up a discussion on d technologies, let dem c y u prefer frame relay to mpls even if nt visible b logical or y u prefer microwave to fiber optics.....
Wat r u waiting for, do u v a profile on linkedin, go Behind it up (do not lie), there's a post in d career section here abt linkedin read thru, check out odas 3gwirelessjobs.com, fire up ur CV there too, nakuri.com is great if u can stand d irritating Indians, google for more, go internationally damn Nigeria, me just dey find 1yr hands on n m out of dis hopeless nation where I shld b expecting a bomb blast each time my religion is having a festival, strategic networking dude but don't forget d books while u search, if u v d change b writing dem exams small small, diversify after u v focused.......
@larion; really do appreciate every word of wisdom and encouragement...gracias muchos amico !!!
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by obioraval(m): 6:29am On Apr 11, 2012
Larion, you are way ahead Of we Freshers. I'm awaiting my youth service but doing a program with TTC Mobile. Just want to thank the more experienced guys especially Ajañlekõkõ and Salihu. Now to add my Own 2cents, i also advise project management certifications. Thats a very necessary skill to have in your cv.
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by garamah: 8:30am On Apr 12, 2012
Just had B.sc in physics, did telecom training at ttc mobile but not collected certificate and want to go into telecom proper by doing masters in telecom engineering, I will want to do my ccna and cwna exams in the last quarters of this year and looking for where to have hands on experience from any firm/vendor/individual, on telecom related platform like GSM, CDMA, 4G/LTE, MICROWAVE ANTENNA CONFIGURATION/CABLING, TOWER/BTS/MSC BUILTING (for 3G/4G/5G/LTE/WIMAX), VSAT INSTALLATION/UPGRADING, I need somebody to attach me on a field work on any of the above, will appreciate if anybody can help me really need this. Garamaut@yahoo.co.uk
08031349281. Looking forward to whoever can attach me on field work. Thanks you all this.
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by salihuali1(m): 2:46pm On Apr 12, 2012
obioraval: Now to add my Own 2cents, i also advise project management certifications. Thats a very necessary skill to have in your cv.

There's actually a pre-req to the PMP. It requires some verifiable hours of Project Management experience.
IMHO, I'd advise as a fresher that you go after the CAPM (Certified Associate PM) first instead and than after bagging some years of experience you could take it up a notch with the PMP. A Study advice is study with the PMBOK but write the CAPM
The emphasis isn't on racking up certs, its about the skill.

To all that requested some info on where to start take a look at http://www.laplaceknowledgeacademy.com/history.html
A friend of mine just completed his 3 months (and less 100k I think) training with them and based on his performance on the final test was offered an internship position for 3 months after which his employment would be regularized. I hear they do a alot of work with Huawei especially for EMTS and MTN at the moment.
Hope this Helps.
Cheers.
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by dejovu: 10:46am On Apr 13, 2012
salihu_ali:

There's actually a pre-req to the PMP. It requires some verifiable hours of Project Management experience.
IMHO, I'd advise as a fresher that you go after the CAPM (Certified Associate PM) first instead and than after bagging some years of experience you could take it up a notch with the PMP. A Study advice is study with the PMBOK but write the CAPM
The emphasis isn't on racking up certs, its about the skill.

To all that requested some info on where to start take a look at http://www.laplaceknowledgeacademy.com/history.html
A friend of mine just completed his 3 months (and less 100k I think) training with them and based on his performance on the final test was offered an internship position for 3 months after which his employment would be regularized. I hear they do a alot of work with Huawei especially for EMTS and MTN at the moment.
Hope this Helps.
Cheers.

Hello everyone.i am one of the few lucky 2011 batch A corp member who served in Etisalat. i must say, na by connection ooo.HR connections. fine am done with service now and i immediately got a job with Huawie as an IP/MPLS DATACOM FO.i know there so many people out there willing to get hands on experience in telecoms,
i just want to give you guys some few tips perhaps it might be of benefit to anyone

1.To Get into Huawei
-There's this huawei training in Abuja Oakland center Maintama Office 3rd floor.find your way trough and ask when the next freshers training will commence.
the training duration is 3-4weeks. thereafter ,a test will be conducted and you might be lucky. (i did not go trough the training ,my boss in etisalat just recommended me , whew i got the job instantly without interview(Baba God Noni)

2.Huawei dont employ full staff, most of the FO team are outsourced staff. for guys with TTC mobile tanning or less than 1 year internship
you might ve chance submitting your CV. This company recruit for huawei mostly for Etisalat project

-Qualiserve (
Kilometerc 11 lekki Epe expressway, P.oBox 3319
Marina,Lagos.Nigeria
WWW.qualiservegroup.com

Rutotech
i dont know the address. just check the link below
http://rutotech.com/TELECOMServiceexpertsolutions.htm

Ligthning Network
(no idea) google it

i heard of laplace too

3.Huawei hide a lot of product information, document and manual from even staffs. you can drop your email.
Manuals on OSN 3500.NE 40 routers. Huawei RTN and some other useful document

4.For freshers,theres a lot of advancement in the industry now. for interview sake, know your 2G/3G architectural. functions of SGSN, GGSN. media gateway UMG
know all the process involved from initialing a call to billing ,HRL,VLR and SMSC ,iupc and iucs .know all the interfaces. all this questions are must. you must know all this .
you also need to know a little knowledge of ip/mpls netowking, bandwidth utilization , alarms and all

5.All Said. Pray hard

Sorry about my poor English

1 Like

Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by obioraval(m): 8:18pm On Apr 13, 2012
Sir Salihu, thank you for shedding more light, i believe i'll make a name in da telecoms field.dejovu, Thanks a lot for your Tips
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by garamah: 9:48pm On Apr 13, 2012
dady2011: RF Engineering in the wireless telecommunications industry involves the design, optimization and performance analysis of a Radio Access Network (including Microwave link). As an RF Engineer, you may be working on one or more of the following network:

> 2G network: - e.g CDMA (IS-95), GSM;
> 2.5G network: - e.g cdma2000, GSM/GPRS/EDGE;
> 3G network: - e.g EVDO, HSPA;
> 4G network: - e.g WLAN, WiMAX, LTE (All IP Centric); and
> LMR: - e.g P25,Tetra (Public Safety Network).

Do you need Cisco certification to function as an RF Engineer in any one of the above network?. The answer is, it depends on which specific RF Engineering task you will be involved in. Wireless network are migrating to all IP centric platform using cisco equipment, so a cisco certification is a MUST have if you will be doing networking and system configuration - configuring Routers, switches etc. However, if your task is purely RF network design, planning and/or optimization, a cisco certification is generally not needed. What you need is a very good understanding of RF network design, Planning and Optimization and how to use the RF design tool to do a number of RF engineering task including coverage design, frequency planning, microwave path analysis etc. depending on your specific interest and work responsibility.

A Masters degree is good to have if you can afford it, but not necessary. You absolutely need a Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field with some years of RF engineering experience (if you have no hands on experience, learn the theories online). You will also need to keep your telecommunications knowledge current to remain relevant in the field.

Depending on the Country that you are practicing in (different countries have different rule), you may be required to write and pass some prescribe examination with some years of experience before you can be allowed to legally use the title "Engineer" or "RF Engineer".

It seems you knowy pretty well about RF engineering in wireless telecom, i have determined to pursue a career in anything telecom and planning to do ccna&cwna exams this year but i need a field work experience, please if anybody can give names and addresses of some of the companies that instal and configure telecom towers like (UMT, CDMA, WCDMA 2G, 3G, 4G, LTE, MICROWAVE,WIMAX, FIBRE OPTIC, E.T.C.) Radio antenna and BTS/MSC installation and configuration to do volunteering field work with them so i can as well gain practical experience in the process. Appreciate if anybody can help.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (32) (Reply)

How To Calculate Your New Salary Based On New National Minimum Wage: Photo / Biochemistry Vs Microbiology: Which One Has More Job Opportunities In Nigeria? / Meet Abdullahi Lawal, EFCC Official Who Rejected N100M Bribe From Chinese

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.