Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,196 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

He Proposed To Me But I Have Someone Else - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / He Proposed To Me But I Have Someone Else (35994 Views)

"After Being Side Chic For 6 Years, 33 Abortions, He Proposed & I Said.." - Lady / He Proposed During Their Photo Shoot And Her Reaction Is So Cute (pictures) / He Proposed 5 Days After Meeting Her For The First Time And She Said Yes(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Proposed To Me But I Have Someone Else by Hadez(f): 7:10pm On Jan 19, 2016
OK this is going to be a little long and weird.

I have a boyfriend who lives in Switzerland and we have been dating 3years now (before he left Nigeria for his masters) and we love each other (I think).
You know the whole stories about men hooking up with whites and all that. Though we don't talk again like before. We sometimes go a week without communicating not even on Facebook.

Now I have a guy in my department how has been asking me out for months now. This same guy will always send me gifts, takes me around, and sometimes gives me money (I never asked because my boyfriend sends me money too). Today he asked me to be his date to a friend's birthday party and I said OK because I was not going to be busy for the rest of the night.

To cut the long story short, he proposed to me in front of everybody today at the party and I was so dumbfounded that I couldn't think of what to say(I never expected that to happen because I made it clear to him I am in a serious relationship). I had to hug him to avoid embarrassment for him but I don't love him because he is a yahoo guy. But i think he loves me for real because he even introduced me to his parents when they came to check on him.

My problem now is that I can't date this guy because of what he is doing (apart from that, he is so romantic and I think I am crushing on him deep down) but my boyfriend is not showing me that affection anymore. I don't want to be a second girlfriend to any man. I want to be his first pieority.

Should I say yes to the man who loves me?

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: He Proposed To Me But I Have Someone Else by MosakuAW(m): 7:12pm On Jan 19, 2016
You said your department, that means you are still in school. Please my dear forget this relationship of a thing and face your studies and also use your spare time to learn things things like fashion or selling stuff so as to be independent when you finish school because it is not easy to get job this days.

Back to your so called "love story". You are not in love with any of the two guys, from your story you are with the guy in Nigeria because he is loaded and shower you with gifts. His handwork is not clean and he maybe arrested soon or he grow into becoming one of the top 419 boss in Nigeria or better still he may use you for money ritual because he may graduate to becoming 'YahooPlus'

I dont support long distance relationship, but you may keep the abroad guy aside while doing your own thing in Naija to better your life. If he come back for you, so be it and if not, your Mr right will surely locate you and respect&love you for real seeing that you are Miss Independent.

Be wise and open your eyes and not your heart.

433 Likes 24 Shares

Re: He Proposed To Me But I Have Someone Else by Elosky20: 7:14pm On Jan 19, 2016
pls be careful in making u decision. remember that love fades away faster than u think,
Remember its the same teeth we smile with that we also use in biting.
since ur mind does nt support it let it go.

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: He Proposed To Me But I Have Someone Else by Emac34: 7:16pm On Jan 19, 2016
this ur long write up no be here o

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: He Proposed To Me But I Have Someone Else by Hadez(f): 7:17pm On Jan 19, 2016
Emac34:
this ur long write up no be here o
You call this long shocked

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: He Proposed To Me But I Have Someone Else by jonaifame22(m): 7:17pm On Jan 19, 2016
Get out of her this minute you evil spirit of delayed marriage and procrastination!

78 Likes 4 Shares

Re: He Proposed To Me But I Have Someone Else by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jan 19, 2016
Guys will never learn. Stop proposing to women in public. Propose to them in private, when the two of you are alone. Then would you know if she is completely honest about accepting your proposal.
When you propose to women in public, they may say "yes" just to save you and themselves from embarrassment, not that they really want to. And then you will be putting them in a tight situation. Be wise! Please!

225 Likes 9 Shares

Re: He Proposed To Me But I Have Someone Else by Emac34: 7:20pm On Jan 19, 2016
Hadez:
You call this long shocked
no wide cos that what am seeing

1 Like 5 Shares

Re: He Proposed To Me But I Have Someone Else by vizkiz: 7:21pm On Jan 19, 2016
op looks like a Facebook friend on mine. Hmmmmn... Curious undecided

2 Likes

Re: He Proposed To Me But I Have Someone Else by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jan 19, 2016
My intuition tells me these are well articulated lies.
Well done op. That Pulitzer prize you're gunning for is not too far-fetched. grin

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Proposed To Me But I Have Someone Else by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jan 19, 2016
undecided must you get married?? Stop being childish joorrrr! angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Proposed To Me But I Have Someone Else by Hadez(f): 7:27pm On Jan 19, 2016
vizkiz:
op looks like a Facebook friend on mine. Hmmmmn... Curious undecided

I have lots of friends on Facebook
Re: He Proposed To Me But I Have Someone Else by Hadez(f): 7:28pm On Jan 19, 2016
Decker:
Guys will never learn. Stop proposing to women in public. Propose to them in private, when the two of you are alone. Then would you know if she is completely honest about accepting your proposal.
When you propose to women in public, they may say "yes" just to save you and themselves from embarrassment, not that they really want to. And then you will be putting them in a tight situation. Be wise! Please!

not the answer I was expecting

2 Likes

Re: He Proposed To Me But I Have Someone Else by jmoore(m): 7:31pm On Jan 19, 2016
Onye yahoo yahoo?

3 Likes

Re: He Proposed To Me But I Have Someone Else by UnknownT: 7:32pm On Jan 19, 2016
You are dealing with two scammers right now, one is into yahoo scam, the other is into marriage scam. So dump the two grin

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: He Proposed To Me But I Have Someone Else by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jan 19, 2016
darkenedrebel:
Well done op. That Pulitzer prize you're gunning for is not too far-fetched. grin

Exactly! That's why I didn't even render any advice.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Proposed To Me But I Have Someone Else by Hadez(f): 7:32pm On Jan 19, 2016
darkenedrebel:

Obioraaa:
undecided must you get married?? Stop being childish joorrrr! angry
undecided
Re: He Proposed To Me But I Have Someone Else by rollUP(m): 7:33pm On Jan 19, 2016
He's a yahoo boy abi. But u keep collecting his so called 'yahoo money' abi.

Na d one wey dey switzerland wey no dey gv u attention u com dey love.

Dis 2016 u still wan looseguard ur opportunity fine op like you. grin

I sha know say when both of them leave u, u will com back here and open another thread.

Till then I continue sipping my orijin

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: He Proposed To Me But I Have Someone Else by ucnwafor(m): 7:35pm On Jan 19, 2016
Op u see see your life, collecting from 1st boyfrnd nd 2nd boyfrnd........mtchWwwww gerrrraaaaaahre mehn

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Proposed To Me But I Have Someone Else by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jan 19, 2016
You led the yahoo guy on, a guy can not just propose without a hint of acceptance. So you don't come Here and give me half story okay undecided

Your boyfriend sends you money meaning ' My lady tho I can't be with you to take you out, buy you gifts, give you all you want, I hope you will be able to do that with this little I send to you' . You are surely on his mind.

My only advice to you op is: Its best to be hurt than you hurting someone.

Not all that glitters is gold

Differentiate infatuation from love.

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Proposed To Me But I Have Someone Else by vizkiz: 7:38pm On Jan 19, 2016
Hadez:

I have lots of friends on Facebook

hmmmmn... I hope you are who you really claim you are
Re: He Proposed To Me But I Have Someone Else by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jan 19, 2016
Hadez:

undecided
Look.. You're a beautiful girl, and I'll hate to see you end up in a man's house as his wife, when you should be out there, having fun, living your life like you'll die tomorrow, being yourself..... You only live once..

Think about it smiley

2 Likes

Re: He Proposed To Me But I Have Someone Else by Hadez(f): 7:46pm On Jan 19, 2016
rollUP:
He's a yahoo boy abi. But u keep collecting his so called 'yahoo money' abi.

Na d one wey dey switzerland wey no dey gv u attention u com dey love.

Dis 2016 u still wan looseguard ur opportunity fine op like you. grin

I sha know say when both of them leave u, u will com back here and open another thread.

Till then I continue sipping my orijin

What is this

Diddyydiva:
You led the yahoo guy on, a guy can not just propose without a hint of acceptance. So you don't come Here and give me half story okay undecided
Your boyfriend sends you money meaning ' My lady tho I can't be with you to take you out, buy you gifts, give you all you want, I hope you will be able to do that with this little I send to you' . You are surely on his mind.
My only advice to you op is: Its best to be hurt than you hurting someone.
Not all that glitters is gold
Differentiate infatuation from love.

He does not call any more. I love him so much. It is not always about money communication counts in a relationship

2 Likes

Re: He Proposed To Me But I Have Someone Else by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jan 19, 2016
Lies lies lies from the pit of hell by a troll

4 Likes

Re: He Proposed To Me But I Have Someone Else by KimBerlyie: 7:48pm On Jan 19, 2016
MosakuAW:

You said your department, that means you are still in school. Please my dear forget this relationship of a thing and face your studies and also use your spare time to learn things things like fashion or selling stuff so as to be independent when you finish school because it is not easy to get job this days.

Back to your so called "love story". You are not in love with any of the two guys, from your story you are with the guy in Nigeria because he is loaded and shower you with gifts. His handwork is not clean and he maybe arrested soon or he grow into becoming one of the top 419 boss in Nigeria or better still he may use you for money ritual because he may graduate to becoming 'YahooPlus'

I dont support long distance relationship, but you may keep the abroad guy aside while doing your own thing in Naija to better your life. If he come back for you, so be it and if not, your Mr right will surely locate you and respect&love you for real seeing that you are Miss Independent.

Word!!! smiley

8 Likes

Re: He Proposed To Me But I Have Someone Else by Hadez(f): 7:50pm On Jan 19, 2016
Obioraaa:
Look.. You're a beautiful girl, and I'll hate to see you end up in a man's house as his wife, when you should be out there, having fun, living your life like you'll die tomorrow, being yourself..... You only live once..

Think about it smiley

No matter how long it takes, a woman wil surely get married

2 Likes

Re: He Proposed To Me But I Have Someone Else by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jan 19, 2016
Hadez:

What is this

He does not call any more. I love him so much. It is not always about money communication counts in a relationship
if you truly love him, then talk to him about it.

I know its not only about the money, Just used it as an example for you to know you are on his mind.

Talk to him

8 Likes

Re: He Proposed To Me But I Have Someone Else by Hadez(f): 7:52pm On Jan 19, 2016
Diddyydiva:
if you truly love him, then talk to him about it.

I know its not only about the money, Just used it as an example for you to know you are on his mind.

Talk to him

I did. But the excuse he keeps giving is I am busy. Who gets too busy for his woman? cry

2 Likes

Re: He Proposed To Me But I Have Someone Else by kaziblake(f): 7:53pm On Jan 19, 2016
STFUareyouGod:
Lies lies lies from the pit of hell by a troll
How did you know?
Re: He Proposed To Me But I Have Someone Else by refiner(f): 7:55pm On Jan 19, 2016
op I knw u are lien buh kwantinue.....

2 Likes

Re: He Proposed To Me But I Have Someone Else by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jan 19, 2016
Hadez:

No matter how long it takes, a woman wil surely get married
I don't agree.. I have seen women who die single at a very old age.. We're talking 70, 80 n above

5 Likes

Re: He Proposed To Me But I Have Someone Else by Hadez(f): 7:56pm On Jan 19, 2016
MosakuAW:

Thank you sir. This really touched me

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Finds Love On Facebook, About To Get Married (Photos) / I Asked A Girl Out, She Said She Isn't Ready For Relationship, Now She Is Dating / Solutions To Spirit Husband And Spirit Wife Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.