Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,932 members, 7,952,755 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:14 PM

Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE (53965 Views)

Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment / Buhari Under Pressure To Sack Ministers, Aides - Nigerian Pilot / Nigeria Signs Agreement With UAE On Recovery Of Stolen Funds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:22am On Jan 23, 2016
EdCure:
Buhari should listen to good advice abeg. There is more to governance than the repatriation of stolen funds and jailing criminals.
His ill-advised (and unnecessary) delay in making key appointments is part of what led to the mess we're currently experiencing in this country.

As much as the war on corruption should be sustained, the president need not make it his own personal priority. There are lots of government agencies with competent hands to do that, with full presidential backing.
SR wasn't clear enough! They failed to giv us d specifics! They mentioned repatriation of criminals and d recovery of stolen funds but they didn't touch which or what area the agreement goes against our economic interest! We need to be clear on this!

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by goodlifehyd(m): 8:22am On Jan 23, 2016
PRYCE:
Please Rephrase the topic to "Buhari was so concerned with signing an accord with an Islamic state"... Cos his behaviour reeks of it

Why would Mr Dullarpo sacrifice Nigeria's future for some amount he's not even sure of?
So Sahara Reporters ain't full of lies and propaganda any more? Lol confused set of ewu

1 Like

Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by vanvick247(m): 8:23am On Jan 23, 2016
Let's see how dis will all turn out eventually. Just observing frm 52" plasma tv.
Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by Uncletony(m): 8:24am On Jan 23, 2016
lofty900:
As far as I'm concerned, I don't see anything wrong with signing the trade agreements if it will help bring back our stolen funds and fight terrorism in Nigeria. The ministers advising him did not even give any reason to back up their claims that it would not be in our interests. I support bubu jor.

How will see anything wrong, when u dnt even understand what is happening?!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by kaycodes: 8:25am On Jan 23, 2016
EdCure:
Buhari should listen to good advice abeg. There is more to governance than the repatriation of stolen funds and jailing criminals.
His ill-advised (and unnecessary) delay in making key appointments is part of what led to the mess we're currently experiencing in this country.

As much as the war on corruption should be sustained, the president need not make it his own personal priority. There are lots of government agencies with competent hands to do that, with full presidential backing.

Could you please explain the bolded, I don't get it.
Please state facts, I'd love to learn some economics.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by Uncletony(m): 8:26am On Jan 23, 2016
Too bad for Nigeria!. Buhari is too dull & clueless!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by wordcat(m): 8:26am On Jan 23, 2016
Op should try and present their(the ministers) own side of arguments so we can weigh it ourselves.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by EdCure: 8:26am On Jan 23, 2016
DropShot:
From this article, what specific reasons did you read that were given by Adeosun and Udoma for their position?
I did not expect them to state their reasons in clear terms. No-one does that!

Remember, this is a leaked report of ministers disagreeing with their president on a foreign mission. Do you know the degree of courage demanded, and the sensitivity of the issues of contention for such a thing to happen?
Where have you ever heard a thing like this in the world?

The ministers' argument bothers on issues of national interest. Think about that.

11 Likes

Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by scachy(m): 8:26am On Jan 23, 2016
mayorkyzo:
Buhari as ever would listen to no one..when he's done running t country down...He would pack his load and head to daura..

First off, he ll blame GEJ, and drop in oil prize.cos he's nothing but cry cry baby

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by ahkenaten(m): 8:26am On Jan 23, 2016
jesse515:
We all knw Kemi n d oda health minister ar clueless it's a clear case of influence will get u d post but u alone can do d work. Bubu any oneu sack, feel free to hang d corruption bag on dem to giv us d impression dat u knw wat u ar doin. We however knw u ar clueless too.

I don't know for mrs kemi Adeosun, But the health minister, Prof F A S Adewole, is a renowned professor of medicine , he was the 11th vice chancellor of the university of Ibadan and also the president for the research and training in cancer in the whole of africa, he has been a professor of medicine since 1997,, he was also a provost of college of medicine in university of Ibadan, the best medical school in west Africa, he is a fellow of west african college of surgeons, a fellow of the nigerian csience acdemy, please i beg of you, dont say what you don't know just to score a cheap political point, you can attack adeosun, i could care less.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by kannymoore(m): 8:27am On Jan 23, 2016
signz:

That depends on the contents of the agreements. Adeosun and Udoma are professionals nah. Maybe they felt the contents are not favourable to Nigeria.

Buhari is neither a financial person like Adeosun nor a seasoned Lawyer like Udoma. Buhari must learn to listen to sound advises

Inasmuch as buhari isn't aa seasoned lawyer like Udoma and Adeosun, the two latter individuals haven't covered themselves in glory either.

Adeosun, four months into office hasn't given up to 3 press briefings on financial policies aimed @ revamping the nation's economy. Heck, she's been eerily silent all through; in words and in actions!

Udoma, sigh!.. I hear he's in charge of Budgets and Planning. Bearing in mind the gaffes and scandals we've been hearing about the nation's budget these past couple of weeks, its funny that no one has pointed fingers towards his direction.

Anyways... lemme just chill and watch how the whole scene plays itself out.
Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by chrysso83(m): 8:27am On Jan 23, 2016
Typical of a tyrant. He listens to no one. Gets aggressive if ur opinion doesn't tally with his. Buhari may run this country aground if care is not taken. I just hope all his ministers and advisers dont turn sycophants just to please him.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by MDOLOFU: 8:27am On Jan 23, 2016
I pray he kws wat he is doing because Nigerians are getting tired of his so called change agenda. Corruption every day wat has he don wit d found he recovered? We are still waiting for d 1milion job ooo

1 Like

Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:28am On Jan 23, 2016
EdCure:

One thing most of you have failed to realize is that most people that voted Buhari did so because he would fight corruption. To this people, Buhari is on the right path.
Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by Nobody: 8:28am On Jan 23, 2016
EdCure:

I am not, and will never be!

Some of the president's decisions are very suffocating to national interest.

National interest supercedes sectional obligations. It must always take precedence in governance.

Then stop wailing.....U didn't blame GEJ this time? A deviation.

I thought PMB was that infallible and know - it - all president. Alas the heat don dey knack everybody small small. ...What do you expect from a president with a controversial basic certificate?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by yaskarahyelhope(f): 8:29am On Jan 23, 2016
Okimski:

http://saharareporters.com/2016/01/22/fierce-disagreement-within-buhari’s-camp-preceded-signing-extradition-agreement-uae

Who tell Una say d signing na for repatriation of money? This guy is signing all treaties with ISLAMIC COUNTRIES with full force. Why should there be a friction when it comes to advicing d old man. M sure he never knew that at one time there'll be disagreement btw him and his ministers as They will be tired of answering YES SIR just like d finance minister who had shat d hell up over d so - called budget. Im plan if negative no go work O

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by ceejay80s(m): 8:29am On Jan 23, 2016
chronique:
The honorable thing for those ministers to do is to resign if he will not listen to them. Why give a person a job to do,and still turn down their opinions(on a field that they have better knowledge than you)?
the ones dat gej appointed and listened to destroyed him

1 Like

Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by Panter215: 8:29am On Jan 23, 2016
Okimski:

http://saharareporters.com/2016/01/22/fierce-disagreement-within-buhari’s-camp-preceded-signing-extradition-agreement-uae
What is the news here?
Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by PHIPEX(m): 8:29am On Jan 23, 2016
From this thread it's obvious the only way Buhari will listen is to conscript the south west region into the wailing wailers club but that can't happen until their interest in the govt is harmed.

Our president is acting like a man who doesn't know but but refuses to acknowledge that he does not know. Let him know we elected a president not a crime fighter.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by Inspectahdeck(m): 8:29am On Jan 23, 2016
Wailers will wail and agree with Sahara reporters on this issue since it is sweet in their ears and brain.

But any other report that does not favour them becomes a sentiment from a Yoruba newspaper or propaganda online news.

My thought I think president Buhari should slow down and listen to his aids (that's why he appointed them). Also, the aids should understand their principal in communicating with him.

I can only imagine how much all this monies are for him to act in such manner.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by kenyguy(m): 8:30am On Jan 23, 2016
Okay.
Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by Nobody: 8:30am On Jan 23, 2016
francizy:

When I saw his moniker, I was waiting for him to blame GEJ but to my greatest surprise he blamed Buhari. Omo, Buhari wants his government to go down in history as the most useless and directionless government and will also serve as a reference point to how low Nigeria sunk. Every other leader before him will thank God they outclassed him while those after him will never pray to fall to his level...

You're not alone. I had to go clearly at the moniker to be sure. This is one of the most confused government ever. The guy is confused.......

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:31am On Jan 23, 2016
EdCure:
Buhari keeps portraying himself as one who is running a punitive, sectional government.
Anger and vindictiveness can never experience creativity.

What effect can the likes of Osinbajo, Fashola, et al make in a government whose president understands very little of current dynamics but listens to no one other than the decisions of the Northern Elders Forum?
My gud friend, u need not jump to conclusion on this issue until u getd specifics! I think apprehension and desperation is beginning to take its toll on us! We need to exercise more patience pls!
Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by francizy(m): 8:32am On Jan 23, 2016
dearpreye:

You're not alone. I had to go clearly at the moniker to be sure. This is one of the most confused government ever. The guy is confused.......

If he's confused, then all he has to do is swallow his pride and go take crash courses about governance from the supposed "clueless one"... cheesy grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by vivalavida(m): 8:32am On Jan 23, 2016
EdCure:
Buhari keeps portraying himself as one who is running a punitive, sectional government.
Anger and vindictiveness can never experience creativity.

What effect can the likes of Osinbajo, Fashola, et al make in a government whose president understands very little of current dynamics but listens to no one other than the decisions of the Northern Elders Forum?

This one eye don dey open

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by bigtt76(f): 8:32am On Jan 23, 2016
The ministers should resign to save their name and integrity if truly they have genuine concerns undecided

1 Like

Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by DropShot: 8:32am On Jan 23, 2016
EdCure:

I did not expect them to state their reasons in clear terms. No-one does that!

Remember, this is a leaked report of ministers disagreeing with their president on a foreign mission? Do you know the degree of courage demanded, and the sensitivity of the issues of contention for such a thing to happen?
Where have you ever heard a thing like this in the world?

The ministers' argument bothers on issues of national interest. Think about that.
And isn't it wrong for anyone to conclude that their reasons outweigh the president's reasons for signing the agreement without knowing what they were?

After all is said and done, the buck stops at the president's table. We blame GEJ for the rot in the economy for not being man enough to take some tough decisions in the interest of the nation, not necessarily because he personally did all the wrong things.

Think deep and stop acting irrational. That's for the wailers.

If you've got other reasons to be crossed with the president, fine. But on this one, you missed it.
Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by Nobody: 8:34am On Jan 23, 2016
francizy:

If he's confused, then all he has to do is swallow his pride and go take crash courses about governance from the supposed "clueless one"... cheesy grin

His arrogance won't permit that.......He's been coming for the top job for the past 12 years and was never adequately prepared.......

One zombie friend of mine has finally regretted voting Bubu as his business as literally died. .....

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by porka: 8:35am On Jan 23, 2016
So soon?

They are using saharareporters.com to absolve themselves of blame, to make it look like they know what they are doing.

Why can't they tender their resignation letter when he threatened them?

Meanwhile:

The sources disclosed that Minister of Trade and Investment, Udo Udoma, and Minister of Finance, Kemi Adeosun, expressed serious concerns over the provisions of several of the treaties President Buhari planned on signing with the UAE. The ministers’ opposition caused serious friction within Mr. Buhari’s team, SaharaReporters learned.

Can Buhari enter into any treaty without the National Assembly?

The treaties must be ratified (approved) by the National Assembly before they are put to effect otherwise it is a gross violation of the constitution of Nigeria.
Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by EdCure: 8:36am On Jan 23, 2016
dearpreye:
Then stop wailing.....U didn't blame GEJ this time? A deviation.

I thought PMB was that infallible and know - it - all president. Alas the heat don dey knack everybody small small. ...What do you expect from a president with a controversial basic certificate?
My response to this issue and constructive criticism of the Buhari administration (when the need arises) is far different from a typical, unintelligent wail.

It might interest you to know that the more Buhari falters, the more I blame GEJ for failing to make himself a choice.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by chronique(m): 8:37am On Jan 23, 2016
So what's the point in hiring them and paying them if he won't listen to them? It's better he does his thing alone. No matter how wise or intelligent a person may be,the truth is that you can never know it all.
ceejay80s:

the ones dat gej appointed and listened to destroyed him

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Jonathan Tells Americans To Stop Protesting Against Trump. Nigerians React / Gej's Trekkers Encountered Snake On Their Journey [see PICTURES] / Breaking News: Yahoo Also Agrees That Buhari Is An Impostor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.