Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,402 members, 7,815,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE (53742 Views)

Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment / Buhari Under Pressure To Sack Ministers, Aides - Nigerian Pilot / Nigeria Signs Agreement With UAE On Recovery Of Stolen Funds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by sweatlana: 9:20am On Jan 23, 2016
So because his ministers advised him, he wants to sack them? undecided

1 Like

Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by onatisi(m): 9:29am On Jan 23, 2016
When I wrote yesterday about buhari not knowing anything and that he signs any paper presented to him without reading and understanding the contents people thought I hate buhari now I have been vindicated . He simply doesn't know or understands anything,may god help and save Nigeria .

1 Like

Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by ttmacoy: 9:31am On Jan 23, 2016
How do know they didn't give any reason to back up their claim?

Were you there or is it through that short article that already know every detail of the discussion?

You haven't seen the details of how agreement signed and you already conclude.

lofty900:
As far as I'm concerned, I don't see anything wrong with signing the trade agreements if it will help bring back our stolen funds and fight terrorism in the name of Islam. The ministers advising him did not even give any reason to back up their claims that it would not be in our interests. I support bubu jor.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by EdCure: 9:32am On Jan 23, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
My gud friend, u need not jump to conclusion on this issue until u getd specifics! I think apprehension and desperation is beginning to take its toll on us! We need to exercise more patience pls!
Honourable, i get your point exactly. But a report like this does not come with simple specifics and wanton elaboration.
It is a leaked report with lots of clues.

Pls, my posts on this thread should not be seen as anti-Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by GoodMuyis(m): 9:33am On Jan 23, 2016
lofty900:
As far as I'm concerned, I don't see anything wrong with signing the trade agreements if it will help bring back our stolen funds and fight terrorism in the name of Islam. The ministers advising him did not even give any reason to back up their claims that it would not be in our interests. I support bubu jor.

Buhari should take his stand if he did succeed no minister will take the blame. I think he should discourse with his VP.

These noisemaker destroyed GEJ government only few deliver
Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by Johnsinia(m): 9:33am On Jan 23, 2016
Mitchww! Its only in the monkeys kingdom will this fool of a illiterate president rule over. Meaning that those who voted this fool into power are below monkeys.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by onatisi(m): 9:33am On Jan 23, 2016
sweatlana:
So because his ministers advised him, he wants to sack them? undecided
why not? As far as buhari is concerned they are a bunch of nuisances,the young crown prince of uae and his friends will be wondering how come a president is dull

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by onatisi(m): 9:37am On Jan 23, 2016
GoodMuyis:

Buhari should take his stand if he did succeed no minister will take the blame. I think he should discourse with his VP.

These noisemaker destroyed GEJ government only few deliver
buhari discuss with osinbajo who buhari sees as a bloody civilian
You still don't know the kind of person buhari is , don't worry by August this year Nigerians will know then they will realize what few of us have been shouting and warning about buhari

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by drss(m): 9:40am On Jan 23, 2016
wat do u expect from a nepa bill holder he only listens to advice from northern emirs.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by Bimpe29: 9:42am On Jan 23, 2016
Point of correction, Senator Udo Udoma is not a Minister of Trade & Investment, rather he is Minister of Budget & National Planning. The misunderstanding is a natural phenomenal, they have to disagree to agree.
Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by loomer: 9:48am On Jan 23, 2016
lofty900:

I just dey look all of una dey laugh, na stolen funds be naija problem? Or even if they return all the money wey dem steal back to naija, shey e go make the country better?
Make them no sell our children rights/future nai supose concern us right now

1 Like

Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by Candyrain(m): 9:50am On Jan 23, 2016
lofty900:

You are really a zombie.

You really don't care if the economy is destroyed as a result of Bubu's actions all in the name of trying to repatriate stolen funds, huh?

People shaaaa...

1 Like

Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by repogirl(f): 9:51am On Jan 23, 2016
Booooooooohari is Useless!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by Nobody: 9:54am On Jan 23, 2016
Okimski:

http://saharareporters.com/2016/01/22/fierce-disagreement-within-buhari’s-camp-preceded-signing-extradition-agreement-uae

Maybe the ministers will be affected. I think they have property in Dubai.
Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by peacecoy: 9:58am On Jan 23, 2016
EdCure:

I did not expect them to state their reasons in clear terms. No-one does that!

Remember, this is a leaked report of ministers disagreeing with their president on a foreign mission. Do you know the degree of courage demanded, and the sensitivity of the issues of contention for such a thing to happen?
Where have you ever heard a thing like this in the world?

The ministers' argument bothers on issues of national interest. Think about that.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by ngoziama: 10:05am On Jan 23, 2016
Okimski:

http://saharareporters.com/2016/01/22/fierce-disagreement-within-buhari’s-camp-preceded-signing-extradition-agreement-uae

If I were the ministers I would resign and not be associated with impending failure.Education, Total and Sound education remains important.
God please dont punish us through buhari , I beg of you.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by David0(m): 10:10am On Jan 23, 2016
The same way GEJ listened to his cabinet dat turned d country upside down. Buhari abeg continue we are watching. If E work fine, if e No work, we move on.
Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by menxer: 10:13am On Jan 23, 2016
ayindejimmy:
I'm not convinced on this such signing can't be a one day or even one trip affair. All the modalities would have been drafted and agreed upon right from Nigeria before leaving for Dubai.
I'll want to read more on this before drawing a conclusion

That is my reasoning too.
That agreement was not signed in isolation, the FEC must have gone through and analyzed the agreement which I believe was drafted bilaterally.

Come to think of it, were the ministers not aware of the draft agreement to have made their inputs then than to kick now that the chips are on the table?
Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by AdeniyiA(m): 10:17am On Jan 23, 2016
As far as it's not the USA we had the pact with, I am satisfied cool
Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by jesse515: 10:18am On Jan 23, 2016
ahkenaten:

I don't know for mrs kemi Adeosun, But the health minister, Prof F A S Adewole, is a renowned professor of medicine , he was the 11th vice chancellor of the university of Ibadan and also the president for the research and training in cancer in the whole of africa, he has been a professor of medicine since 1997,, he was also a provost of college of medicine in university of Ibadan, the best medical school in west Africa, he is a fellow of west african college of surgeons, a fellow of the nigerian csience acdemy, please i beg of you, dont say what you don't know just to score a cheap political point, you can attack adeosun, i could care less.

Afta all des plenty tins, wetin he achieve? Common lassa fever nai de take Nigerians play tennis n u de count 1,2,3. Guy pack well o. Tell me one drug he has to his name or did he find d cure any ailment?

Non sense he get degree reach NOI?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by Candyrain(m): 10:19am On Jan 23, 2016
dearpreye:

Wow. ..are you now officially a wailer?

I was wondering same too cheesy

Morning bro.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by Reference(m): 10:20am On Jan 23, 2016
Okimski:

1984 reloading continues....so uncanny....hmmm....

1 Like

Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by Topeakintola: 10:28am On Jan 23, 2016
EdCure:

Honourable, i get your point exactly. But a report like this does not come with simple specifics and wanton elaboration.
It is a leaked report with lots of clues.

Pls, my posts on this thread should not be seen as anti-Buhari.

Including the part where you said he only listens to the Northern Elders Forum? What evidence do you have to back that up?

One of the differences between an enlightened person and a shallow one is the ability to scrutinise information they are presented with.

I cannot make any informed analysis based on the article. It is incomplete given that the exact details of the cause of the "disagreements" were not provided. It is more or less beer parlour gist- for now.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by Candyrain(m): 10:30am On Jan 23, 2016
DropShot:

From this article, what specific reasons did you read that were given by Adeosun and Udoma for their position?

Zombie!

That the specifics weren't stated doesn't mean there weren't any.

Ain't they APC again? Or are you insinuating/assuming they've collaborated with PDP to run your Bubu down?

These people (Adeosun and Udoma) are experts in their field and they see what your god Bubu don't see and they must have told him of the implication of signing those agreement to the Nigerian economy.

But he's so blinded by he's desire to recover stolen funds/other sinister motives and thereby failing to listen to reasons from his anointed ministers.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by Topeakintola: 10:31am On Jan 23, 2016
onatisi:
When I wrote yesterday about buhari not knowing anything and that he signs any paper presented to him without reading and understanding the contents people thought I hate buhari now I have been vindicated . He simply doesn't know or understands anything,may god help and save Nigeria .

Dada you are just a few years younger than Buhari.

If he is a dullard as you claim, then he must be an intelligent dullard to have ruled Nigeria on two different occasions.

You claim to be a genius, what have you achieved? Running from pillar to post is not an achievement.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by Candyrain(m): 10:32am On Jan 23, 2016
EdCure:

I am not, and will never be!

Some of the president's decisions are very suffocating to national interest.

National interest supercedes sectional obligations. It must always take precedence in governance.

Well sorry to break this to you, the moment you complain or point out any Bubu's error you officially become a WAILER.

Welcome to the wailer's family grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by Obamina(m): 10:33am On Jan 23, 2016
EdCure:
Buhari should listen to good advice abeg. There is more to governance than the repatriation of stolen funds and jailing criminals.
His ill-advised (and unnecessary) delay in making key appointments is part of what led to the mess we're currently experiencing in this country.

As much as the war on corruption should be sustained, the president need not make it his own personal priority. There are lots of government agencies with competent hands to do that, with full presidential backing.
whatever Mr Buhari does in favour of this country is right...i Don't even trust some of these ministers with secrete advisers and associates who have looted this country in past, maybe this agreement is gonna dig them out. Udo ad Kemi stay clear cos u ain't advisers but ministers.
Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by BushidoBlue(m): 10:34am On Jan 23, 2016
EdCure:

I am not, and will never be!

Some of the president's decisions are very suffocating to national interest.

National interest supercedes sectional obligations. It must always take precedence in governance.

Are u wailing that you are not a wailer?
Cos this is wailing...

1 Like

Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by Candyrain(m): 10:35am On Jan 23, 2016
DropShot:

Has PMB's fight on corruption caught someone known to you? If not, why are you sounding so pained without even addressing the topic?

Edcure didn't I tell you?

You are now a WAILER grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by Akaujaa(m): 10:37am On Jan 23, 2016
Point of correction, Sahara reporters, Udo Udoma is not the minister for trade & investment. Udo Udoma is the minister for Budget and National planing.
Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by godox2(m): 10:37am On Jan 23, 2016
harmless011:

Where you there to know that those ministers did not offer explanation on why they think signing the agreement as drafted is not in the best interest of Nigeria, this blind support ought to stop.
Governance is not a one man thing president buhari should learn to listen to opposing views, that is hallmark of a statesman.

If you were there please brief us. Those ministers might have SKELETON in their...that's Y they are trying to dodge. Without money(crude now 27) that will be major source of funding the budget. Make Baba Carry go Jare.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Late Bola Ige And Martin Luther King At A Conference (Throwback Photo) / Fayose Riding On "Okada" To Inaugurate The New House Of Assembly [Photo] / IPOB Press Release On Choice Of Atiku As President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.