Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,249 members, 7,829,458 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra (64602 Views)

Three Catholic Priests Die In Anambra Community After Burning Of Shrines. Photos / Ifeanyi Ubah Builds A Catholic Cathedral In Nnewi, Anambra (Photos) / Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by myners007: 9:28pm On Jan 26, 2016
Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by techmart(m): 9:29pm On Jan 26, 2016
no need for segregation

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by Skybee1(m): 9:29pm On Jan 26, 2016
abi na culties die?
Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by sheyoroniyen(m): 9:29pm On Jan 26, 2016
he's preaching d gospel to d masquerades so no big deal grin

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by viktor01(m): 9:29pm On Jan 26, 2016
These people like burial sha.
I recall in my NYSC days, my students will come to corper's lodge with so much excitement to invite me for burial....burial wey I nor know who die..
Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by Anthony0094(m): 9:29pm On Jan 26, 2016
this is not a burial, its cultural day for the Catholic school

4 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by henrydadon(m): 9:30pm On Jan 26, 2016
endtime Catholic priests
Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by xynerise: 9:30pm On Jan 26, 2016
Jesus ate with sinners

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by pamdaniel(m): 9:30pm On Jan 26, 2016
be right with ur News pls... this was not a burial, its a sought of festival and cultural display, if u know any ting about the Nnewi cultural display u would not say its a burial... i ve been to most of there festivals and thats how they do there masquerade and do most of pericomas actings... however the catholic church has given room for inculturation

4 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by Sealeddeal(m): 9:31pm On Jan 26, 2016
what is wrong about Masquerades? Masquerades are the few legacies we still have in igboland. we in Nnewi cherish and love Masquerade. Call it whatever you wish,we love it.
How i wish we never accepted the foreign gods.

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by Akaujaa(m): 9:32pm On Jan 26, 2016
mtchewww, men after their own belly.
Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by Udeme288(m): 9:32pm On Jan 26, 2016
From the comments here, I can safely conclude that.. Nigerians know nothing about Christianity....

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by Stancollins(m): 9:33pm On Jan 26, 2016
That's a cultural dance in my alma mater...
I remember those days in 2008 when I was in one of the masquerades..
Good old days during our patronal feast day...

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by adelaface(m): 9:33pm On Jan 26, 2016
Catholic

pronunciation /ˈkaθ(ə)lɪk/
adjective
Universal; all-encompassing.
Pertaining to all kinds of people and their range of tastes, proclivities etc.; liberal.

He has catholic tastes.
alternative case form of Catholic
synonyms
universal

The whole essence of Catholicism is to embrace 'all kinds'. Christianity however is to draw 'all souls' to Christ.
Choose how best to interpret it.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by Okudiover(m): 9:33pm On Jan 26, 2016
grin grin grin grin Next you would post pics of Catholic priest drinking beer.
Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by Inspectahdeck(m): 9:34pm On Jan 26, 2016
Hmmm
What a funeral
Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by OBAGADAFFI: 9:34pm On Jan 26, 2016
That Catholic church for you. They always adapt to cultures unlike the Pentecostal

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by okeke00(m): 9:35pm On Jan 26, 2016
NobleAky:
**In Jesus voice**
it's because of people like them that i came to this world. To return them to their creator

those a healthy person need the service of a doctor?
Salvation is for the sinners and not for the saints
when John de Baptist came, he separated himself from the people and they complained what type of person is this? He doesn't associate himself with people.

When Jesus Christ came he mingled with people yet they complained what type of God's son is this? He associates with sinners!
so from your post. who then are sinners here?

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by ruggedboy01: 9:36pm On Jan 26, 2016
scachy:

So what?

Are you a Christian? If yes, do u study the scripture at all?
how sure are you he is a priest

Dude, not everyone is gullible just like most of you here angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by flokii: 9:36pm On Jan 26, 2016
is he not also a masquerade?.. or look at his costume

who knws what he is holding.. hope say no be cane sha cheesy
Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by Stancollins(m): 9:37pm On Jan 26, 2016
Pls. Op...that's not a burial please
It's a cultural dance in one of the Catholic institutions at ukpor in nnewi south during their patronal feast celebration last Sunday..

4 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by davidthe16th: 9:41pm On Jan 26, 2016
AROOOO priest....

He be like" Arooooooo Mates......
Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by asamaigho(m): 9:41pm On Jan 26, 2016
royallord1:
this so looks like a movie scene..

i tot as much ooo,
cos if its not,then lots of question are begfing for serious answers.
from the skull and bone uniform,to red and black regelia,to leaf in the mouth of d undertakers....hmmmm. and it seems there is a church behind..nawa oo,lips sealed.
Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by Iwonimi(m): 9:41pm On Jan 26, 2016
It's doesn't mean anything. Being a Christian or Muslim doesn't make us forget our root

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by Jexyme(f): 9:42pm On Jan 26, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
This happened last Weekend at a Burial Ceremony in Ukpo, Nnewi South...

Is there any difference between Catholic and traditional religion?
Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jan 26, 2016
Any problem with that? Is he supposed to destroy his culture cuz of religion?

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by Holuwakemmy16(f): 9:42pm On Jan 26, 2016
End time
Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by adsami1: 9:43pm On Jan 26, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
This happened last Weekend at a Burial Ceremony in Ukpo, Nnewi South...

Na the priest be the senior masqurade 4der ooo afterall Jesus is head of all Principalities......lol
Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by Kangol99(m): 9:43pm On Jan 26, 2016

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 / Nigerian Man Rebukes Church Of Satan On Twitter. The Church Fires Back / Cucumber: What Could Be Their Prayer Points Here?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.