Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,667 members, 7,820,342 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra (64574 Views)

Three Catholic Priests Die In Anambra Community After Burning Of Shrines. Photos / Ifeanyi Ubah Builds A Catholic Cathedral In Nnewi, Anambra (Photos) / Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by katerine7(f): 10:16pm On Jan 26, 2016
Vig86:
You can't convert or preach to a person you are far from. After dancing with the traditionalists, they will be happy and close to the priest to the extent that they can't say no to whatever the priest will say or preach to them. It is Psychology. Some pastors behave as if they are living with God's rejected people after rapture.

don't believe everything u read,that is a celebration of d feast day of their patron saint SAINT PAUL(those people are students of saint paul junior seminary ukpor) dat tin na cultural display by d students and not a burial ceremony

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by xMrPx(m): 10:17pm On Jan 26, 2016
supereagle:
That is why an African cannot become a Pope, he will bring the church back into idolatry.
it depends on what u mean by idolatry'. I have seen a white priest endorsing homosexuality'. Africans, we have that mentality of being a second fidel, if we act, that's when it's questioned. God help us
Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by ebuka440: 10:17pm On Jan 26, 2016
The blogger that posted this ad should go with hell and burn to ashes. There is nothing wrong with a Priest dancing meanwhile this is just a movie scene. Nonsense sekebe
Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by okeke00(m): 10:17pm On Jan 26, 2016
supereagle:
It is Idolatry, I will educate you on it , I have a strong affinity with it until Jesus set me free .
proove that and tell me one thing evil that is related to it and how did you know that jesus set you free
Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by skyman200(m): 10:18pm On Jan 26, 2016
There is nothing wrong with it,it all about accepting people, s culture
Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by Bukaton(m): 10:18pm On Jan 26, 2016
Campusser:
The OP must be high on poorly cooked oshogbo weed. Simply becos he wants to make FP, he had garnish the story with alot of lies and mislead the public.

These pictures were taken during the feast of St. Pauls Seminary, Ukpor. The school in question is my Alma Mater.

Yes.. priests actually danced with the masquerade but that was to send a message. Th idea of all those u see in d pictures that looks fetish is to make people understand the idea of inculturation in the catholic church. Culture and religion still got alot in common.
I was even there live to witness the event

The Campusser himself (Y), ur pics even go well pass, Biko hapu ndi fake news. they no get job

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by Stancollins(m): 10:19pm On Jan 26, 2016
Campusser:
The OP must be high on poorly cooked oshogbo weed. Simply becos he wants to make FP, he had garnish the story with alot of lies and mislead the public.

These pictures were taken during the feast of St. Pauls Seminary, Ukpor. The school in question is my Alma Mater.

Yes.. priests actually danced with the masquerade but that was to send a message. Th idea of all those u see in d pictures that looks fetish is to make people understand the idea of inculturation in the catholic church. Culture and religion still got alot in common.
I was even there live to witness the event

Nnaaeeh

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by IkpuMmadu: 10:19pm On Jan 26, 2016
Campusser:

Yoh on point bro.....

Your username bugodi shiiiii grin

kedu Ife melu my username?
Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by okeke00(m): 10:20pm On Jan 26, 2016
Realhommie:
Bros plz I'm very much interested, i like yu to enlighten me of those evil tinz related to Christianity. You know say for this life dem no dey know finish, Lol
we are here to learn. tell me first. One thing that related to the masquerade that is evil so that I will give you a list of the ones related to chrstianity
Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by Mortiano(m): 10:20pm On Jan 26, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
This happened last Weekend at a Burial Ceremony in Ukpo, Nnewi South...
miss dont be gurrible, get ur facts well n correct, dat was not burial but a feast, a pastoral feast of st paul's seminary, Ukpor, my alma mater. these are all acts, my dear the boys u saw, all are seminarians on formation to be a priest... no need to address the issue because posters above me have said it all

4 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jan 26, 2016
sonOfLucifer:
this is cool. Religion should bring people together not separate them.
Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jan 26, 2016
Jesus said give to Caesar what is Caesar's, and to God what is God's.
Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by chinae(m): 10:24pm On Jan 26, 2016
Masquerades are no longer Wat they were, dea is nothing wrong with him dancing cos the fetishness of masquerade is long gone.
Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by Ehiaguinanjohn(m): 10:24pm On Jan 26, 2016
GOD KNOWS BEST.
Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jan 26, 2016
that looks like a play (people acting). not even a burial only God knows what OPs motives for this post is.
Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by lamalang(m): 10:27pm On Jan 26, 2016
The burial Na for cult Members? Cos I bow for the mourners in black
Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by Kemy11(m): 10:29pm On Jan 26, 2016
Only ex seminarians would understand this. That's izuogu masqurade dance during feast. We did it every year when I was in All hallows onitsha.

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by AKUSINAOBI(m): 10:29pm On Jan 26, 2016
Nothing is wrong with this. This is what i called entertainment. I believe we're serving one God. Church and tradition are the same thing.

Father you're too much joor

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by mikron(m): 10:32pm On Jan 26, 2016
give unto caesar what belongs to caesar
Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by udmydearest(f): 10:33pm On Jan 26, 2016
sonOfLucifer:
this is cool. Religion should bring people together not separate them.
you're truly the "son of lucifer"
Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by Campusser(m): 10:34pm On Jan 26, 2016
IkpuMmadu:

kedu Ife melu my username?

Odigodi behuge.... #YouKnowWhatI'mSaying
Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by holyfather(m): 10:35pm On Jan 26, 2016
no biggie.
we do that all the time. grin
Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by Campusser(m): 10:36pm On Jan 26, 2016
udmydearest:
you're truly the "son of lucifer"

@udmydearest, "holier than thou" should have been your baptismal name

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by JosephineAmara(f): 10:38pm On Jan 26, 2016
Pls stop misleading people, get ur facts well b4 posting smthing online, those ur pixs are d feast of st pauls seminary celebration which took place on Sunday, dat was a drama called "Izuogu dance", if U had watched it its all about God being all powerful, dat priest der is d rector of d school, pls stop posting SCANDAL, thanks

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by chuddykay(m): 10:39pm On Jan 26, 2016
That's not a burial, from the pics posted by the op we can see dt its the church cultural day

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by Kingnonny(m): 10:40pm On Jan 26, 2016
Op. I think I have to correct you or educate you rather. I don't believe you took those pictures yourself cos if you do then it's not in my own ukpor or St Paul Seminary school ukpor. I was present at the occasion of that patriarch feast of St Paul last Sunday 24th January . And for the pictures that was egwu Izuogu cultural dance scenes by the students. You can see the crowd of people upstairs that's the school classrooms and hostels. This Seminary school doesn't play With this dance. The other man on white senator is the Nnewi South LG chairman. This is not a burial and the priest is the school rector. You don't use two caskets for burial abi na mass burial. So stop posting poor.

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by NobleAky(m): 10:41pm On Jan 26, 2016
okeke00:
so from your post. who then are sinners here?
by the human judgement, th priest represents the righteous while the masquerade represents the heathen
Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by Campusser(m): 10:41pm On Jan 26, 2016
okeke00:
proove that and tell me one thing evil that is related to it and how did you know that jesus set you free

Maybe he did set you free completely. E remain blindness. grin grin
Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by Babangida70(m): 10:43pm On Jan 26, 2016
Cc: Lalasticlala
Cc: seun
Cc: mynd44

These pictures were taken during the feast of St. Pauls Seminary, Ukpor on sunday 24th January 2016.
This post is misleading and should be taken down ASAP.

Thanks as you comply
Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by BBluv2015: 10:44pm On Jan 26, 2016
Dragonking:
There is nothing wrong in what he did

Really? Everything is wrong with what he did. Is he really a priest? He need to go back to Calvary
Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by okeke00(m): 10:46pm On Jan 26, 2016
NobleAky:
by the human judgement, th priest represents the righteous while the masquerade represents the heathen
hahahahaha. this just proove to me the bigotry, delusions. hypocrisy and foolishness associated with christians. so because someone refuses to beleive the lies sold to you by the whites made him a sinner? this world is really funny
Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by Yarot(m): 10:48pm On Jan 26, 2016
End time priest ;DEnd time priest

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 / "David's Mother Was A Harlot" - Apostle Suleman. Funmi Iyanda & Nigerians React / Nigerian Man Rebukes Church Of Satan On Twitter. The Church Fires Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.